NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 3: Brainstorming, discussion, tea, advice

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:00 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:Was this the one where we embarked on a righteous crusade against the Westboro Baptist Church?

After consuming copious amounts of Tim Horton's, yes.

Excellent.

I mean the Tim Horton's, of course; it is truly a life-saver.
"And lo, amidst the foreign and frozen wastes of Quebec, I espied a vision, a holy apparition. Bursting upon my wearied eyes like the radiance of the sun at dawn, I gave thanks for my salvation, mouth watering in advance and. . ."

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:56 am

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
After consuming copious amounts of Tim Horton's, yes.

Excellent.

I mean the Tim Horton's, of course; it is truly a life-saver.
"And lo, amidst the foreign and frozen wastes of Quebec, I espied a vision, a holy apparition. Bursting upon my wearied eyes like the radiance of the sun at dawn, I gave thanks for my salvation, mouth watering in advance and. . ."

Tim Horton's is the easiest topic to start an argument with a Canadian.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:27 am

The Flame States wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:So I have been thinking for a while, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Rimworld-esque roleplay? I have been mulling it over for a while and have pretty much decided that it is something that I would like to do but I am hesitant on actually making anything till I have a gauge on interest.

I am torn on weather it would be a character based thing were all the character work together to make a single colony or if it should by a faction thing where each player controls a single colony. If anyone is interested let me know.

I would, gladly. Sounds really fun, but I'd like it where you were roleplay with one char,

See, I don't know how easily I could pull that off. How yould building work? Time would have to be a factor, but how? There would be stats and stuff I would need to keep track of, and I don't have that kind of time. Don't get me wrong I would love to do it as a character RP, but the mechanics would be way more complex than I am willing to make at the moment.

The more I think about it the more I am leaning to making it a faction RP.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:14 am

HELP ME!
Please provide as much detail as possible.
What do you need help with: Looking over the OOC to polish it up, garnering interest in the RP, suggestions on the science involved in the RP.
Links, if requesting someone to look into your RP's IC/OOC:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=376201&p=28528155&sid=de08affbc714e8233e3b63b695059442#p28528155
Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp

Blobovia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blobovia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:10 pm

I currently have two RP ideas:

1: The first is based on Asterix, and my idea is that we in a similar fashion would play the invincible Gauls inhabiting the one small village that still resists Roman occupation. We'd make our own characters, so no too blatant rip-offs of Goscinny's and Uderzo's characters, and the plot would likely be mostly character driven with some random events thrown in to move the story forward, such as a Roman attack and so on. That's all I've got so far.

The other idea is a bit more fleshed out, and a bit more ready to set sail.

2: "Wolves of War"

I've been wanting to make my own version of "Burial in the Snow" (OOC: viewtopic.php?t=307878 and IC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 1&t=308149) for quite a while (I'm fond of it because it was one of the first good rp:s I was in that turned out successfull) and now I believe I have found it. A spiritual prequel, you might say, set on the Eastern front during the first world war.

https://xenohistorian.wordpress.com/201 ... -invasion/

The Wolf Invasion

[...]

You may have heard the story about the World War I Christmas Truce; along part of the western front in 1914, the Germans and British agreed to a one-day truce for Christmas, climbed out of the trenches to greet one another, played soccer, and went back to war the next day. The equivalent story on the eastern front happened in the winter of 1916-17, in the Kovno-Wilna-Minsk district (near the present-day Belarus-Lithuanian border). That season, starving wolves attacked small groups of German and Russian soldiers, even when they were in the trenches. Russian wolves are larger and stronger than other wolves to begin with, and the weapons used against them–poison, rifles, hand grenades, even machine guns–failed to eradicate the menace. No matter how many wolf packs the Germans and Russians killed, more wolves appeared to take their place, as if they were rapidly breeding somewhere in the vicinity. Eventually the soldiers got permission from their commanders to negotiate a truce, during which they would work together to kill the wolves instead of each other. The resulting team hunt was a complete success; they bagged hundred of wolves, and the rest fled the area...

How New York Times reported it during the war, short pdf text: http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-fr ... ref=slogin

Longer text, the author favours the perspevtive of the wolves but still gives a good summary of the events: https://andresrdc.com/2015/02/22/forgot ... ragic-end/

The players would play soldiers from the German and the Russian troops, who have to work together against a common threat. I (and Co-Op:s) would control the commanders.

In real life everything ended well for the soldiers eventually, but there's no guarantee it will do so here...

I feel it's the kind of story that doesn't really need any supernatural elements added, but a few minor ones might be thrown in just for extra spice. Nothing too exaggerated though.

Thoughts?

The Flame States
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flame States » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Anyone interested in a half life two roleplay? I would need a co-op to help me with it, too.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:42 pm

United Human Planets wrote:HELP ME!
What do you need help with: Looking over the OOC to polish it up, garnering interest in the RP, suggestions on the science involved in the RP.
Links, if requesting someone to look into your RP's IC/OOC:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p28528155

Doesn't seem so bad. Some OP prefer to detail the history leading up to the game, others prefer to leave it vague. Your call on it.

Will this be turn-based? Will characters be lumped together or will they be distributed between Falling Star, Constellation, Chichen Itza and Valor?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:59 am

Rupudska wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: Schizo Tech Arthurian legend on motorcycles and 70s/80s English British biker knights.
Genre/s: Fantasy, Action, Anachronism Potluck, Bikers and shit
Character or Faction Based: Character
Detailed Description: Players play as knights involved in the life of Arthur as she (she in this rendition because it's more entertaining that way) grows up, becomes King of the Britons, conquers Rome, kicks the ass of a whole lot of raiding German tourists Saxons, does drive-bys of Saxon-occupied stores with bow-and-arrows and muskets, kills cretinous knights and giants on motorcycleback with a sword (sometimes even in armor), disregarding the peasantry all the way - though not too much lest they rise up against the noble knights. There may be a Crusade arc (period accuracy is not all that necessary here), an alarming number of Cockneys will be present, it's totally okay to listen to the band Saxon (just don't be a Saxon), America may or may not exist, and mods aren't really people. Knightly fighting is mostly done on the backs of motorcycles, including with swords and spears. Some swords are magic~. Some just have magic neon powder put on them to make them glow. It's hard to tell sometimes. Dragons exist. The BBC covers pitched battles like football games. You know, medieval stuff.

Need Help With: I'm not even sure if worldbuilding is necessary in a world with so many anachronisms, but I'm open to suggestions.

I did it.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Rupudska wrote:I did it.

You caught my full attention at "Schizo Tech Arthurian legend on motorcycles and 70s/80s English British biker knights." :p If only my schedule wasn't so complex right now.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sun May 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Starting work on something new as summer comes upon us, thought I'd gauge interest before I delve too deeply. Came up with this concept while talking about Fallout with my boyfriend, thought it might be an interesting basis for a roleplay.

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: Roleplay set in the Fallout world about an expedition to uncover a lost city that has turned out to be Totally Not Disney WorldTM.
Genre/s: Sci-Fi, Action, Retrofuturistic, Post-Apocalyptic, Mystery
Character or Faction Based: Character Based
Detailed Description: Much as the New California Republic has brought civilization back to California, in the years after the end of the world an organization known as the New Confederacy (think Confederate aesthetic with no racism -- the idea is, essentially, what if the post-apocalyptic people only saw all that "the south will rise again" rhetoric and apologist filmsholotapes and so only learned about the "glorious" aspects of the old south and made a civilization based on that) based out of A Town (formerly Atlanta) has brought it to the American southeast. And, well, civilization is nice and all, but a bit... boring. So when an advertisement went up for an expedition to find a lost city, adventurers wanted, vast riches promised if successful, your character leapt at the opportunity. And so, two months later, the expedition finds itself at the shining ruins of a theme park like no other, untouched by the last 200 years of destruction and conflict. Inside, what looks like a utopia -- functioning technology and a peaceful society descended from the guests and employees who were in the park on that fateful day in 2077, protected by a robot army. But all is not as peaceful as it seems: something sinister lurks behind the AuxiliDoors, and your expedition is not the only one who has heard of the rumors of this lost Kingdom of Dreams. As the militant Brotherhood of Steel bears down from the west, the PCs must solve the mystery of Debney World (see, totally not Disney World at all) and its inhabitants and get out alive, if they can.

Need Help With: Interest

The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

The Flame States
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flame States » Sun May 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Astrolinium wrote:Starting work on something new as summer comes upon us, thought I'd gauge interest before I delve too deeply. Came up with this concept while talking about Fallout with my boyfriend, thought it might be an interesting basis for a roleplay.

RP's Overarching Concept: Roleplay set in the Fallout world about an expedition to uncover a lost city that has turned out to be Totally Not Disney WorldTM.
Detailed Description: Much as the New California Republic has brought civilization back to California, in the years after the end of the world an organization known as the New Confederacy (think Confederate aesthetic with no racism -- the idea is, essentially, what if the post-apocalyptic people only saw all that "the south will rise again" rhetoric and apologist filmsholotapes and so only learned about the "glorious" aspects of the old south and made a civilization based on that) based out of A Town (formerly Atlanta) has brought it to the American southeast. And, well, civilization is nice and all, but a bit... boring. So when an advertisement went up for an expedition to find a lost city, adventurers wanted, vast riches promised if successful, your character leapt at the opportunity. And so, two months later, the expedition finds itself at the shining ruins of a theme park like no other, untouched by the last 200 years of destruction and conflict. Inside, what looks like a utopia -- functioning technology and a peaceful society descended from the guests and employees who were in the park on that fateful day in 2077, protected by a robot army. But all is not as peaceful as it seems: something sinister lurks behind the AuxiliDoors, and your expedition is not the only one who has heard of the rumors of this lost Kingdom of Dreams. As the militant Brotherhood of Steel bears down from the west, the PCs must solve the mystery of Debney World (see, totally not Disney World at all) and its inhabitants and get out alive, if they can.

I'd participate

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun May 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Astrolinium wrote:Starting work on something new as summer comes upon us, thought I'd gauge interest before I delve too deeply. Came up with this concept while talking about Fallout with my boyfriend, thought it might be an interesting basis for a roleplay.

Oh yes.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun May 01, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm always up for some dank fallout RP.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Cybraxia
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Sun May 01, 2016 8:37 pm

I'd like to, but I'm afraid that I'd overburden myself with RPs.

Represented in the WA by:
Ambassador General Flash Quint
General Peter Van Doorn
Lieutenant Major Glenn Friendly
"When an entire world changes, there are no innocent bystanders. Only those who turn the wheels and those who let them be turned."

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Nation takes inspiration and is based on many things:
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Mon May 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Warning, spoilers for Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut ahead. If you have interest in reading it, I recommend you stop reading unless you're more of a journey over the destination type of person.
RP's Overarching Concept: Struggle between the United States/NATO, the Soviet Union/The Warsaw Pact, and a third world country over a possibly world ending substance that all 3 factions want in order to win the arms race.
Genre/s: Espionage, action, Science Fiction
Detailed Description: In 1945, senior management from the United States Marine Corps approached research scientists at General Electric with a concept for a substance that would make mud solid in order to facilitate amphibious landings with minimal rough terrain for troops and tanks. While the substance was never officially made, in the 1960s one scientist, Dr. Felix Hoenikker viewed it as an intellectual challenge, and finally managed to create a substance based on the concept, named Ice-Nine. This substance, when it comes into contact with liquid water, changes the molecular structure of said water to match that of Ice-Nine, with a melting point of 45.8 degrees Celsius (114.4 degrees Fahrenheit), meaning that it effectively freezes all water, soft tissue, or water based substance it comes into contact with. Upon Felix's death in 1963, one of his sons, Franklin, took possession of the only sample, and took a job as the head of the armed forces of the small island of San Lorenzo. Located about 45 miles from Puerto Rico, San Lorenzo is an incredibly impoverished nation, but is looking for leverage in order to align themselves and receive funds in the escalating cold war. Now, as the CIA and KGB become aware of the substance, the potential for an apocalyptic confrontation grows.

Need Help With: Checking for interest, and trying to figure out if this is a shitty idea or if making a Vonnegut based RP is a shitty idea.

Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Mon May 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Hornesia wrote:Warning, spoilers for Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut ahead. If you have interest in reading it, I recommend you stop reading unless you're more of a journey over the destination type of person.
RP's Overarching Concept: Struggle between the United States/NATO, the Soviet Union/The Warsaw Pact, and a third world country over a possibly world ending substance that all 3 factions want in order to win the arms race.
Detailed Description: In 1945, senior management from the United States Marine Corps approached research scientists at General Electric with a concept for a substance that would make mud solid in order to facilitate amphibious landings with minimal rough terrain for troops and tanks. While the substance was never officially made, in the 1960s one scientist, Dr. Felix Hoenikker viewed it as an intellectual challenge, and finally managed to create a substance based on the concept, named Ice-Nine. This substance, when it comes into contact with liquid water, changes the molecular structure of said water to match that of Ice-Nine, with a melting point of 45.8 degrees Celsius (114.4 degrees Fahrenheit), meaning that it effectively freezes all water, soft tissue, or water based substance it comes into contact with. Upon Felix's death in 1963, one of his sons, Franklin, took possession of the only sample, and took a job as the head of the armed forces of the small island of San Lorenzo. Located about 45 miles from Puerto Rico, San Lorenzo is an incredibly impoverished nation, but is looking for leverage in order to align themselves and receive funds in the escalating cold war. Now, as the CIA and KGB become aware of the substance, the potential for an apocalyptic confrontation grows.

Need Help With: Checking for interest, and trying to figure out if this is a shitty idea or if making a Vonnegut based RP is a shitty idea.

Oh my god, this is a truly fascinating idea. Count me in all the way!
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Albertae wrote:
Hornesia wrote:Warning, spoilers for Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut ahead. If you have interest in reading it, I recommend you stop reading unless you're more of a journey over the destination type of person.

Well, glad to hear you think so. Credit goes to Vonnegut for the novel and Irving Lamgmuir for the original concept of Ice Nine. All I really did in was adapt the novel so it would work as a spy RP.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Mon May 02, 2016 8:36 pm

Hornesia wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Well, glad to hear you think so. Credit goes to Vonnegut for the novel and Irving Lamgmuir for the original concept of Ice Nine. All I really did in was adapt the novel so it would work as a spy RP.

Well, I've always wanted to do something like a Cold War, spy on spy action roleplay. Just never thought I could make it happen.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Cybraxia
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Wed May 04, 2016 2:36 pm

RP's Overarching Concept: Helldivers + Halo and possibly some other stuff too.
Genre/s: Comedy, Action, War,
Detailed Description:
It's gonna be taking place during the events of Halo Wars, in which the players (that's you) will be "crack ODST" group [NAME STILL NEEDS TO BE MADE].

With the help of an uncovered Alien Artifact, something made by the civilization the covenant call "Forerunners", we can amass a fighting force that is virtually unstoppable. That is, a force made up of what amounts to essentially as flash clones. You are serving on the Spirit of Fire, a re-purposed colony ship outfitted with several of these artifacts, known as Fabricators. Although the means for how they work is unknown, we do know enough about them to integrate them into our ship systems, as well as make less powerful ones based on the initial design.

We are sending the Spirit of Fire to Harvest to help contain the Covenant and finally reclaim our world.

Need Help With:
More ideas
Really just need interest, tbh.

Represented in the WA by:
Ambassador General Flash Quint
General Peter Van Doorn
Lieutenant Major Glenn Friendly
"When an entire world changes, there are no innocent bystanders. Only those who turn the wheels and those who let them be turned."

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Nation takes inspiration and is based on many things:
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

The States Of Phoenix
Secretary

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The States Of Phoenix » Wed May 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Cybraxia wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: Helldivers + Halo and possibly some other stuff too.
Genre/s: Comedy, Action, War,
Detailed Description:
It's gonna be taking place during the events of Halo Wars, in which the players (that's you) will be "crack ODST" group [NAME STILL NEEDS TO BE MADE].

With the help of an uncovered Alien Artifact, something made by the civilization the covenant call "Forerunners", we can amass a fighting force that is virtually unstoppable. That is, a force made up of what amounts to essentially as flash clones. You are serving on the Spirit of Fire, a re-purposed colony ship outfitted with several of these artifacts, known as Fabricators. Although the means for how they work is unknown, we do know enough about them to integrate them into our ship systems, as well as make less powerful ones based on the initial design.

We are sending the Spirit of Fire to Harvest to help contain the Covenant and finally reclaim our world.

Need Help With:
More ideas
Really just need interest, tbh.

Count me in, I'm a big fan of halo.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Wed May 04, 2016 9:44 pm

My interest is piqued.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Thu May 05, 2016 3:52 pm

I think somebody should make a LOTR RP there hasn't been one in a while.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Duestchstien wrote:I think somebody should make a LOTR RP there hasn't been one in a while.

The Tolkien RP Group has discussed a Fourth Age RP, but nobody has time to run one at present.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Thu May 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello!

I'm currently working on an RP and I can't decide on the faction names. The RP is a steam and dieselpunk 'mekanikal' themed with sky pirates and all the good bits. I've got one name down, the Imperial Navy for the (what else) Imperial faction and I can't think of a cool name for the Pirates. Pirate Flotilla? Pirate Coalition? Pirate Fan-Club?

Help pls.
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
MT/Near Future. Mechs, Railguns, Jet VTOLs, Etc.
Factbook under construction. Nat'l Anthem
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
The End of Oil.------Tank otaku. Panzer is my passion!
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Nice to see that this is back.

You are impressively slow.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Thu May 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Hello!

I'm currently working on an RP and I can't decide on the faction names. The RP is a steam and dieselpunk 'mekanikal' themed with sky pirates and all the good bits. I've got one name down, the Imperial Navy for the (what else) Imperial faction and I can't think of a cool name for the Pirates. Pirate Flotilla? Pirate Coalition? Pirate Fan-Club?

Help pls.

Sounds like a nice concept. Keep me in the loop!

One name that just randomly popped up in my head is ORCA (from the Armored Core series). It doesn't stand for anything, as far as I know, but associating yourself with an intelligent killer while might be a powerful statement.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives