NATION

PASSWORD

[P2TM Chat] The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:09 pm

Any less violent or very active role plays? I'm so bored.
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Rupudska wrote:With the teaser for the new Avengers officially out, we can expect a pretty big tidal wave of new superhero RPs.

Let's hope there are some good ones.

Yeah.... A lot of the time they're not very well done and are full of one-liners. Then they crash and burn after a week.
It generally works better, in my experience, when both the protagonists and antagonists are relatively morally grey. That way more interesting conflict arises than "let's kill the generically evil person" or "omg a bank robber let's stop them!"
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Rupudska wrote:With the teaser for the new Avengers officially out, we can expect a pretty big tidal wave of new superhero RPs.

Oh no, even more RPs I have zero interest in. Thanks for warning me, I wouldn't have known where this theoretical flood of superhero RPs was coming from because I do not pay any attention to mainstream Western pop culture even though I live in a Western country. Like, to the point where I haven't watched a movie in theaters since Spider Man 2 and the only new release I was interested in for at least the last five years was Lone Survivor, and I don't understand 90% of the pop culture references people my age make.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:

Oh no, even more RPs I have zero interest in. Thanks for warning me, I wouldn't have known where this theoretical flood of superhero RPs was coming from because I do not pay any attention to mainstream Western pop culture even though I live in a Western country. Like, to the point where I haven't watched a movie in theaters since Spider Man 2 and the only new release I was interested in for at least the last five years was Lone Survivor, and I don't understand 90% of the pop culture references people my age make.

I found Lone Survivor good. A bit jingoistic at some bits, but the scenes with the friendly villagers warmed up my bleeding liberal heart.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Firsthome wrote:Any less violent or very active role plays? I'm so bored.

What do you mean by "less violent"?

The High Tatras
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 pm

I wish I could have a girlfriend. That would make me so much happier and maybe it would also make me finally grow up instead of being locked in some awkward intermediate stage between adolescence and adulthood. I long to move out of my parent's house, but I do not think I could live by myself right now. I slack off too much on basic household work and chores and I have also never had a paying job in my life.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:59 pm

The High Tatras wrote:I wish I could have a girlfriend. That would make me so much happier and maybe it would also make me finally grow up instead of being locked in some awkward intermediate stage between adolescence and adulthood. I long to move out of my parent's house, but I do not think I could live by myself right now. I slack off too much on basic household work and chores and I have also never had a paying job in my life.

Well to Nharmony, the number one dating site for nationstates players.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

The High Tatras
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
The High Tatras wrote:I wish I could have a girlfriend. That would make me so much happier and maybe it would also make me finally grow up instead of being locked in some awkward intermediate stage between adolescence and adulthood. I long to move out of my parent's house, but I do not think I could live by myself right now. I slack off too much on basic household work and chores and I have also never had a paying job in my life.

Well to Nharmony, the number one dating site for nationstates players.

I detect sarcasm in your voice. Really, I'm just depressed right now and I wish I had someone to hug me who isn't my mother or a dog, although I have been wanting to have a relationship for quite a while. I am just afraid to try. I don't know how to start one or go about it.

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 pm

The High Tatras wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Well to Nharmony, the number one dating site for nationstates players.

I detect sarcasm in your voice. Really, I'm just depressed right now and I wish I had someone to hug me who isn't my mother or a dog, although I have been wanting to have a relationship for quite a while. I am just afraid to try. I don't know how to start one or go about it.

Uggggghhhhhhhh

Me to :(

Only in minecraft do people love me. And skype. And anywhere else my face is hidden

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Firsthome wrote:Any less violent or very active role plays? I'm so bored.

What do you mean by "less violent"?

Not violent.

No death

That kind of thng

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Firsthome wrote:
Alleniana wrote:What do you mean by "less violent"?

Not violent.

No death

That kind of thng

Why you want less violent RP?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:55 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Care on which politics?

Real life politics.

Already care.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

The High Tatras wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Well to Nharmony, the number one dating site for nationstates players.

Your dog sounds very flexible.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

The High Tatras wrote:

There are a million worse things than being single.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Current discussion would be better suited to TET or TGs.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Current discussion would be better suited to TET or TGs.

Don't make me trawl this thread for all YOUR off-topic digressions, Nightkill.
;)
When the war is over
Got to start again

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:05 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
The High Tatras wrote:

There are a million worse things than being single.

About every uncle and aunt on my mother's side have been the victim of spousal abuse at some point, so I can confirm this with confidence.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

Yeah.... A lot of the time they're not very well done and are full of one-liners. Then they crash and burn after a week.
It generally works better, in my experience, when both the protagonists and antagonists are relatively morally grey. That way more interesting conflict arises than "let's kill the generically evil person" or "omg a bank robber let's stop them!"

Once I made a character for a RP. He was like Rich Billionaire like Bruce Wayne and a hero. Then I made him became villain as the RP goes.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:23 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Current discussion would be better suited to TET or TGs.

Don't make me trawl this thread for all YOUR off-topic digressions, Nightkill.
;)

Aye, this is true.

But I don't see the current discussion heading in a very good direction, which is why I'm stepping in here. Romance problem discussions go south, is what I'm saying.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Don't make me trawl this thread for all YOUR off-topic digressions, Nightkill.
;)

Aye, this is true.

But I don't see the current discussion heading in a very good direction, which is why I'm stepping in here. Romance problem discussions go south, is what I'm saying.

I have a solution: Make a P2TM hookup thread!

Only half serious here.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Aye, this is true.

Only half serious here.

Do you have any idea how utterly screwed up the gender/sexuality demographics are on here? :p
When the war is over
Got to start again

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Aye, this is true.

Only half serious here.

Better yet, public executions.
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Only half serious here.

Do you have any idea how utterly screwed up the gender/sexuality demographics are on here? :p

This forum needs more yaoi. *nods*

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 pm

There are way better places to find someone than here.

You have all sorts of gadgets these days. Use your Tinder, or Grindr, or Fuckr or Suckr or Lickr or whatever the fuck else you got.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:There are way better places to find someone than here.

You have all sorts of gadgets these days. Use your Tinder, or Grindr, or Fuckr or Suckr or Lickr or whatever the fuck else you got.

I still think we should feed people to Nat on Live tv.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:49 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Only half serious here.

Yes. And I know I could still make it work. I'm an aspiring engineer. Solving thoroughly screwed up problems is almost literally the job description. :p

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:There are way better places to find someone than here.

AQing and sigging.

Also, it worked for Swith and Cer.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives