NATION

PASSWORD

Game Mod Olympics: Wet & Wild

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat May 31, 2014 6:12 am

The Archregimancy wrote:As I wrote in the internal mod discussion, "I'm quite happy proving winning just isn't British."

Sedge is a fine chap, but he rather let the home side down last Mod Olympics. Best to leave the "winning" bit to the former colonials; they actually try, perish the thought.

Your nation should be rather happy; the monks are doing well to prove they aren't in it for the competition, lol.

That being said, it was a fine read. Makes it interesting to see the "stats" and read the commentary too. But I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bigtopia really tried to step up their game with the host bid. I'd call for a recount, but frankly, those Bigtopians say the darndest things.
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Sat May 31, 2014 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Brasilistan
Civilian

Founded: May 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brasilistan » Sat May 31, 2014 8:17 am

Todd McCloud wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:As I wrote in the internal mod discussion, "I'm quite happy proving winning just isn't British."

Sedge is a fine chap, but he rather let the home side down last Mod Olympics. Best to leave the "winning" bit to the former colonials; they actually try, perish the thought.

Your nation should be rather happy; the monks are doing well to prove they aren't in it for the competition, lol.

That being said, it was a fine read. Makes it interesting to see the "stats" and read the commentary too. But I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bigtopia really tried to step up their game with the host bid. I'd call for a recount, but frankly, those Bigtopians say the darndest things.

You're just jealous that the hosting nation was in The West Pacific, rather than in the East :p

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat May 31, 2014 8:55 am

Brasilistan wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:Your nation should be rather happy; the monks are doing well to prove they aren't in it for the competition, lol.

You're just jealous that the hosting nation was in The West Pacific, rather than in the East :p

Well you clearly didn't give us enough time to stuff the ballot box and use our fine intimidation tactics.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

New North Aqmuland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New North Aqmuland » Sat May 31, 2014 10:32 am

Congrats to those who moved up, and thanks for the fun read, violet.
Call me NNA or David, whichever you prefer. I'm an 18 year old freshman at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, planning to major in international relations and minor in Spanish and math. I love music, math, sports, video games, and trivia.
The Democratic States of New North Aqmuland
Numquam mentiri, numquam amittere.
Capital: Anchoring
Population: 1,671,948,317
National Animal: Eagle
Colors: Blue and Gold
Factbook
Soccer: 3.66pts (143rd)
Football: 13.98 pts (14th)

SFBA Campinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA Campinia » Sat May 31, 2014 12:08 pm

Wind in the Willows wrote:Congratulations to the moderators on their promotions, and I know as an ordinary user that my opinion doesn't matter, but I think it was a bit quick to promote Blaat to Game Moderator. He wasn't a forum moderator for very long.

Dutch Mod Mafia Conspiracy

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat May 31, 2014 12:33 pm

Wind in the Willows wrote:Congratulations to the moderators on their promotions, and I know as an ordinary user that my opinion doesn't matter, but I think it was a bit quick to promote Blaat to Game Moderator. He wasn't a forum moderator for very long.

So was Farn *shrugs*
The Blaatschapen should resign

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat May 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Wind in the Willows wrote:but I think it was a bit quick to promote Blaat to Game Moderator. He wasn't a forum moderator for very long.

Everyone knows that mods get promoted based on their insanity level rather than any sort of sane time schedule. That's how we end up with the professional hitmen mods. 8)
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Voltrovia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltrovia » Sat May 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Congrats to Fris on a fabulous victory and to all the mods in the olympics.

Thanks for keeping the site going and doing a great job. :)
Last edited by Voltrovia on Sat May 31, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we burn the defence papers, maybe the journalists will go away. On a private estate in the middle of the night.
In 1988. Without quite letting the residents know. Only Voltrovian protagonist kids remember.

When Sparrows Shout (And The World Goes To War)
An idea (RP; very much unfinished)

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sat May 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Wind in the Willows wrote:but I think it was a bit quick to promote Blaat to Game Moderator. He wasn't a forum moderator for very long.

Everyone knows that mods get promoted based on their insanity level rather than any sort of sane time schedule. That's how we end up with the professional hitmen mods. 8)

It's actually slightly different. After about a year of being a Forum Mod [violet] checks the chains and collar to see if they've managed to work it lose yet or not. Then she wanders over to Max and notes something along the lines of "Those two haven't escaped yet. The brainwashing is settling in, they seem to actually LIKE it. It's time for the next round of 'treatment'".

Max, when he remembers, then asks the other Game Mods, "What say ye?" To which we normally reply things along the lines of "Yesssss!", "Fresh meat!", "Misery loves company", or "Their souls are ours!"

THAT'S when said (former) Former Forum Mods learn the Faustian (Maxian?) bargain they've actually struck...
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat May 31, 2014 6:38 pm

That was a thoroughly enjoyable read. :lol:

Thank you to all the mods for their work.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat May 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Congrats to those mods who have been promoted.

And thank you, [Violet], for the thoroughly enjoyable read. I had an abundance of laughs.
And thank you to all the mods, admin, sheep, and Max for making this site a wonderful place to be.
The Elven Kingdom of Amador
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008

Postby Mushet » Sat May 31, 2014 8:08 pm

And here I was expecting a wet t shirt contest, I am dissapoint, that would be disturbing in an amusing way.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat May 31, 2014 9:13 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Araraukar wrote:Everyone knows that mods get promoted based on their insanity level rather than any sort of sane time schedule. That's how we end up with the professional hitmen mods. 8)

It's actually slightly different. After about a year of being a Forum Mod [violet] checks the chains and collar to see if they've managed to work it lose yet or not. Then she wanders over to Max and notes something along the lines of "Those two haven't escaped yet. The brainwashing is settling in, they seem to actually LIKE it. It's time for the next round of 'treatment'".

Max, when he remembers, then asks the other Game Mods, "What say ye?" To which we normally reply things along the lines of "Yesssss!", "Fresh meat!", "Misery loves company", or "Their souls are ours!"

THAT'S when said (former) Former Forum Mods learn the Faustian (Maxian?) bargain they've actually struck...

You're giving away secrets, Nerv. You know what that means.

It's the basket for you. With the shrews. And the guacamole. Be strong, lad. It will be over ... eventually.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:31 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
NERVUN wrote:It's actually slightly different. After about a year of being a Forum Mod [violet] checks the chains and collar to see if they've managed to work it lose yet or not. Then she wanders over to Max and notes something along the lines of "Those two haven't escaped yet. The brainwashing is settling in, they seem to actually LIKE it. It's time for the next round of 'treatment'".

It's the basket for you. With the shrews. And the guacamole. Be strong, lad. It will be over ... eventually.

I wonder if this is an inside joke, or nonsense masquerading as an inside joke.

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008

Postby Mushet » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:45 am

Alleniana wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:You're giving away secrets, Nerv. You know what that means.

I wonder if this is an inside joke, or nonsense masquerading as an inside joke.

Isn't nonsense masquerading as an inside joke in itself an inside joke?
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:24 am

Mushet wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I wonder if this is an inside joke, or nonsense masquerading as an inside joke.

Isn't nonsense masquerading as an inside joke in itself an inside joke?

Nonsense.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:49 am

NERVUN wrote:

And this is why I love the NS mods. Their sense of humour matches mine. :hug:
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:25 am

Ooh, a Mod Olympics!

*sends a bunch of cookies to the winners... and losers too!* We all love you! ^_^

Now, when's the next MaxChat...?
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 am

And the next 'Bastard Mod from Hell' thread?

;)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Star Corporation
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Star Corporation » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 am

For a while there I read it as "God Mod" Olympics then I was like "Okay, this makes much more sense" when I finally took the time to read more closely.

:/

Stupid Astigmatism.
Defcon = 3.5, Fully Mobilized

The Star Corporation

The Star Corporation
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Star Corporation » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:36 am

Bears Armed wrote:And the next 'Bastard Mod from Hell' thread?

;)

"The Star Corporation has no reply at this time, our latest product is going through final testing and soon enough will be unleashed upon the world in a fiery explosion-we mean... flowers will rain down upon the world in a non Weapon of Mass Destruction way, yeah, yeah that works. Someone write that down! For I am simply one hell of a butler."

((If anyone got the reference, good for you.))
Defcon = 3.5, Fully Mobilized

The Star Corporation

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:25 pm

;)

Well, I need to make myself a Bastard Mod nation .... I'm currently accepting suggestions and ideas ... ^_^
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Mousebumples wrote:

;)

Well, I need to make myself a Bastard Mod nation .... I'm currently accepting suggestions and ideas ... ^_^

Scousemumbles.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:31 pm

NERVUN wrote:It's actually slightly different. After about a year of being a Forum Mod [violet] checks the chains and collar to see if they've managed to work it lose yet or not. Then she wanders over to Max and notes something along the lines of "Those two haven't escaped yet. The brainwashing is settling in, they seem to actually LIKE it. It's time for the next round of 'treatment'".

NO! Not the guacamole! Please! Anything but the guacamole!
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:33 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:Well, I need to make myself a Bastard Mod nation .... I'm currently accepting suggestions and ideas ... ^_^

Scousemumbles.

I was thinking maybe something along the lines of MouseBias4Sale or something - since a mod whose actions are for sale seems like a bastard mod angle.

Besides, what does scousemumbles even mean? Is that something to do with sheep? :P
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives