NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Chocolate Lava Lamp Cake Edition

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 am

Ugh, I need my tea before I spontaneously collapse.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 am

Sebtopiaris wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
How's it pessimistic to point out an obvious fact? There's nothing special about posting on either the first or last page (or both) of any TET. Just like there's nothing special about getting the first or last (or both) drink from a milk jug. If you want some sort of achievement, try trying to improve the quality of the thread, or make some sort of positive contribution to the community.

Mkay. I shall crawl into P2TM and join some RPs while trying to post stuff that's good to get to 501.

Think of it like this. Instead of simply drinking the milk, try using it to make something better than a simple glass of milk, like making a cake, or ice cream, or a milkshake, or cheese, or something like that.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:13 am

Auremena wrote:Ugh, I need my tea before I spontaneously collapse.

Here you go.

Your T
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:13 am

Grenartia wrote:
Sebtopiaris wrote:Gee. Thank you for your enlightenment, captain pessimism.

How's it pessimistic to point out an obvious fact? There's nothing special about posting on either the first or last page (or both) of any TET. Just like there's nothing special about getting the first or last (or both) drink from a milk jug. If you want some sort of achievement, try trying to improve the quality of the thread, or make some sort of positive contribution to the community.

Says the one who hasn't seen all other contributions of the posters the last 100 TETs...
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:14 am

Grenartia wrote:

Here you go.

Your T

That's not contributing something positive to the thread. It's as vacuous and useless as what you are telling others.

How about following your own advice?
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:14 am

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Says the one who hasn't seen all other contributions of the posters the last 100 TETs...

Says the one who hasn't been here since the beginning.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 am

Grenartia wrote:

You say it like I haven't seen the other threads and you also say it like I care about what you think about my quality.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 am

Grenartia wrote:
Here you go.

Your T

That's not contributing something positive to the thread. It's as vacuous and useless as what you are telling others.

Not really. Jokes are a positive contribution.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 am

Grenartia wrote:

This is rapidly devolving into ridiculousness.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Chestaan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chestaan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 am

Tagmatium wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

This is rapidly devolving into ridiculousness.

At this stage I think it's already there.
Council Communist
TG me if you want to chat, especially about economics, you can never have enough discussions on economics.Especially game theory :)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

Getting the Guillotine

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 am

I am now in a very, very bad mood. I had just uploaded a new, what-seemed-to-be future success RP, and now that the account is DEAT'd into oblivion, I have to remake it.
*Sigh*

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 am

Grenartia wrote:

Not really. Jokes are a positive contribution.

It was a useless joke. Try to be more eloquent because clearly that's what you're asking everyone else.

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:17 am

Arch's on...

Commence the ritual sacrifice of this thread!
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:17 am

Grenartia wrote:

You say it like I haven't seen the other threads and you also say it like I care about what you think about my quality.

Only because you said what you did like I hadn't been here for most of the last 100 TETs, and seen many (if not most) of the positive contributions made therein.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:18 am

Grenartia wrote:

Only because you said what you did like I hadn't been here for most of the last 100 TETs, and seen many (if not most) of the positive contributions made therein.

I say it because, if you were of any memory, perhaps you can recall that people have made other non-sequitur posts and nobody has ever bitched about it.

Your posts have swallowed a page of nothing already.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:22 am

Grenartia wrote:
Sebtopiaris wrote:I still got on the last page as well as the first page. That's an achievement, right?

Not really. Unless you want to count getting the first and last cup of milk out of the jug as an achievement as well. At which point, you're degrading the meaning of the word "achievement".

I'm quite fond of the first cup, actually.

That first swill is the best swill, especially if you put cayenne pepper in after.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:24 am

Grenartia wrote:

I say it because, if you were of any memory, perhaps you can recall that people have made other non-sequitur posts and nobody has ever bitched about it.

Your posts have swallowed a page of nothing already.

Yes, people have.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:25 am

Grenartia wrote:

1. I say it because, if you were of any memory, perhaps you can recall that people have made other non-sequitur posts and nobody has ever bitched about it.

2. Your posts have swallowed a page of nothing already.

1. Only for fear of being bitched at by people like you. And only if by "non-sequitur posts" you mean posts that don't even try to make a joke or conversation, just statements about meaningless post "achievements" like "FIRST!" or "last page!"

2. Any more than yours have?

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:25 am

Grenartia wrote:
Here you go.
Your T
>.>
Ya stoopid mad hatter.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:27 am

Grenartia wrote:
1. I say it because, if you were of any memory, perhaps you can recall that people have made other non-sequitur posts and nobody has ever bitched about it.

2. Your posts have swallowed a page of nothing already.

1. Only for fear of being bitched at by people like you. And only if by "non-sequitur posts" you mean posts that don't even try to make a joke or conversation, just statements about meaningless post "achievements" like "FIRST!" or "last page!"

1. Indeed, and it's not that I'm bitching about your bitching. It's that I'm bitching that you put others at a standard you yourself cannot follow 100% of the time. So how about being consistent?

2. At least I admit I don't give a fuck about my posts. You're the one who's making a big deal out of everyone else's. And if you really want quality, I can push myself into you and make you write scholar's posts as well. You talk about quality, I can also talk about quality as well.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Not really. Unless you want to count getting the first and last cup of milk out of the jug as an achievement as well. At which point, you're degrading the meaning of the word "achievement".

That first swill is the best swill, especially if you put cayenne pepper in after.

I've never really noticed a difference between first and last, unless it went bad in the intervening intervals of time.

Cayenne pepper? That's officially the oddest thing I've heard of.

Auremena wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Here you go.
Your T
>.>
Ya stoopid mad hatter.

I'm not angry, I'm happy. :p

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 am

holy shit...

MY childhood is on sale on Steam... :blink:
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:29 am

Grenartia wrote:

Oh, not in your cup - in the jug once you've taken your cup out and passed it around.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:30 am

Grenartia wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:

I've never really noticed a difference between first and last, unless it went bad in the intervening intervals of time.

Because, that way, you're fucking the milk for everyone else.

The first glass doesn't have cayenne pepper in it.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:31 am

Grenartia wrote:

1. Indeed, and it's not that I'm bitching about your bitching. It's that I'm bitching that you put others at a standard you yourself cannot follow 100% of the time. So how about being consistent?

2. At least I admit I don't give a fuck about my posts. 3. You're the one who's making a big deal out of everyone else's.

1. How is an actual joke on the same level as "FIRST!" or "last page!"?

2. And the underlined is the problem that's causing the decline of the thread.

3. Actually, I'm only offering advice for improvement.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives