NATION

PASSWORD

The New Tech [and Mod] Forum FAQ

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Environmental Rebels wrote:I know you can't change a region's name, but can you change what part of it is capitalized? For example a region I often am at is called "Haven of humanity". Could you possibly change it to "Haven of Humanity"?

A region would have to be refounded, using the desired upper and lower cases, from my observations.

Environmental Rebels
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Environmental Rebels » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Environmental Rebels wrote:I know you can't change a region's name, but can you change what part of it is capitalized? For example a region I often am at is called "Haven of humanity". Could you possibly change it to "Haven of Humanity"?

A region would have to be refounded, using the desired upper and lower cases, from my observations.

Thanks, that's what I feared. :meh:

Usual People In Life
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Usual People In Life » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:39 pm

How hard is it to refound a region?
When is a nation not a nation? When it's a region!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Depends in its population, their influence levels, your influence level, and the willingness of the nations in the region to cooperate with the re-founding.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 am

Sedgistan wrote:Depends in its population, their influence levels, your influence level, and the willingness of the nations in the region to cooperate with the re-founding.

And whether or not you can pull it off without someone swiping the name out from under you.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:12 am

Flibbleites wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:Depends in its population, their influence levels, your influence level, and the willingness of the nations in the region to cooperate with the re-founding.

And whether or not you can pull it off without someone swiping the name out from under you.

Yes - timing is definitely key. However, in the case of wanting to change capitalization, I'd probably recommend reserving that name *now* and working on trying to get individual nations to move over there. A founder (or delegate with Regional Control access) could then set a hidden password to the region and boot everyone, which would ultimately result in the region ceasing to exist. However, getting all of those nations who are currently present to move into the new region is another challenge to address and largely depends on the nation/leader composition of your region.

Best wishes,
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:12 am

Goobergunchia wrote:How do I submit a new issue?
Once you have 500 million people, there will be a link on your main "Issues" page to submit an issue.

I do believe this is false information. If you're talking about the in-game issues where you select an option and receive an effect I don't think there is a minimum population limit.

If you're talking about the World Assembly issues I wouldn't know.
Last edited by Collective Systems on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:36 am

Collective Systems wrote:
Once you have 500 million people, there will be a link on your main "Issues" page to submit an issue.

I do believe this is false information. If you're talking about the in-game issues where you select an option and receive an effect I don't think there is a minimum population limit.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43387

New Spartzerina
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Spartzerina » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:10 pm

If you're talking about the World Assembly issues I wouldn't know.

He's talking about writing and submitting brand-new issues, not answering issues already in the game.
New main nation! Spartzerium

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:15 pm

New Spartzerina wrote:He's talking about writing and submitting brand-new issues, not answering issues already in the game.

Yeah, there's no limit as stated by [violet]. I, however, cannot find the post where she wrote that. There is no issue submit area, etc. It's all done through the forums.

New Spartzerina
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Spartzerina » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm

New Spartzerina wrote:He's talking about writing and submitting brand-new issues, not answering issues already in the game.

Yeah, there's no limit as stated by [violet]. I, however, cannot find the post where she wrote that. There is no issue submit area, etc. It's all done through the forums.

There is; your population isn't large enough to view the page though; once you reach 500 million, you will be able to see the link on the issues page.

The Got Issues forum is where you can get input on the issue; it's not that much different from the GA/SC forums, you post your proposal there, but you also have to submit the proposal in-game.

And if you look at Sedgistan's link above my first post, [violet] said the 500 million limit hadn't changed, at least not intentionally.
New main nation! Spartzerium

Usual People In Life
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2009

Postby Usual People In Life » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 am

Someone kindly add an item explaining that you CANNOT rename a nation, I'm getting tired of it being asked...
When is a nation not a nation? When it's a region!

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Usual People In Life wrote:Someone kindly add an item explaining that you CANNOT rename a nation, I'm getting tired of it being asked...

It was asked and answered in this very thread.

Kurdazistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurdazistan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

I was wondering about this.

I skimmed the post (it was HUGE), but can I use html/java (whatever you want to acknowledge)...basically bbcode [b][i][u].... in my nation motto, animal, religion, or regional message board?

If I do it, perhaps you can only see it in certain browsers (Explorer vs Firefox, blah blah blah).

Really curious about this and a fast answer. Sorry, I am being a Neo. 8)
"My father was a JHU Mathematican Master. My mother was an S Librarian-Languages understudy." Me

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:06 am

Kurdazistan wrote:I was wondering about this.

I skimmed the post (it was HUGE), but can I use html/java (whatever you want to acknowledge)...basically bbcode [b][i][u].... in my nation motto, animal, religion, or regional message board?

If I do it, perhaps you can only see it in certain browsers (Explorer vs Firefox, blah blah blah).

Really curious about this and a fast answer. Sorry, I am being a Neo. 8)

National motto, animal, religion, etc,: No

RMB: Yes (to bold, italics underline, and nation/region tags)

Telegrams: Yes (to bold, italics underline, nation/region tags, and proposal tags)

Regional Factbook: Yes (plus you can add in hyperlinks, horizontal lines, and color)
Proud Member of UNOG

Raxar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Raxar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Thank you! This was very helpful. :clap:
You Need a Raxaran Embassy. See my factbook here DEFCOM Level: 1 2 3 4 5
Political Compass: Dynamic Conservatism
Founder of Zone 37,
Member of the Flag Makers Guild,
Minister of Foreign Affairs to The League of Powers
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Have we ever gone so far as to ask a probibility of the random event of not occurring of not on time for bears to drive taxi's?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:25 pm

If there's someone experienced, reliable, trustworthy & familiar with the Technical forum who wants to thoroughly update & re-write this thread, please make yourself known.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Sedgistan wrote:If there's someone experienced, reliable, trustworthy & familiar with the Technical forum who wants to thoroughly update & re-write this thread, please make yourself known.

I can and will, but I probably won't have time to fully tackle this for a few days. (OOC: 12-hour day of work tomorrow, etc.)

I would probably look into using a multi-post format (for the first few posts) to allow for easier separation of different "categories" and "topics" and quicker linking as well.
Proud Member of UNOG

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Did you...actually do that in the TECH forum? A forum that is completely OOC and has no IC?

GOOBS COME BACK!

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Crazy girl wrote:Did you...actually do that in the TECH forum? A forum that is completely OOC and has no IC?

GOOBS COME BACK!

Sorry. I'm used to making OOC notes in the GA forum (I spend most of my time in GA, but also frequent the SC, Tech, and Mod), and I hereby promise to avoid OOC mentions in the future in this thread. :P

I promise there are no such mentions in the new FAQ that is at least restarted.
Proud Member of UNOG

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Just remember to credit Goobs and Qaaol..

*grumbles*

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives