NATION

PASSWORD

The Unofficial Thread (NSG Chat thread in F7)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:04 pm

So I just broke the world record for quickest time taken to fail a driving test, never even got out of the parking lot.

I'm walking from now on.

So what's up with everyone?
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Torisakia wrote:So I just broke the world record for quickest time taken to fail a driving test, never even got out of the parking lot.

I'm walking from now on.

Nothin' but the Cavi Hit.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Auremena wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:I know someone personally who's struggling with grades as a freshman, but don't worry! Just keep on working at that GPA!

I only know Cathay Pacific = CX because I fly with them exclusively when going to Hong Kong. Even though their rates keep going up whilst their in-flight amenities keep getting smaller by the year ( :evil: !), the fact that they're from HKG pretty much makes up for it. Eh... actually their Economy seats are quite cramped for a 15-hour long flight; it's really hard to get sleep in them since they only recline a bit. I do know Cathay's been updating their seats quite a bit these past few years, but beyond that I have no clue about other companies.
I'm actually a sophomore...
And it isn't that easy, with what I go through.

The economy meals are still superior to meals on US airlines, which tend to be none.
AA = American Airlines (they have the Cirrus on their 77W) US = US Airways (Being merged into AA)(they have the Cirrus on their A330) DL = Delta (they have the Cirrus on their A330 and 747) AF = Air France (They're putting the Cirrus on their 777 and A380) and QR = Qatar.

Economy is never the way to go if you can afford otherwise. For a 3-4 hour flight, it's bearable, but any longer than that, for someone like me who's 6'3", it's unbearable. I was decent on an AA763 with only 30" of pitch for the 7 hours JFK to BCN, but the 9 hours MAD-MIA was not fun, especially since it was during the day. No breakfast, and barely lunch. At least on the way out we got dinner and breakfast.

Without counting the health risks such cramped seats can make you have.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Torisakia wrote:So I just broke the world record for quickest time taken to fail a driving test, never even got out of the parking lot.

I'm walking from now on.

How did you not even managed to get off the parking lot? :meh:
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Vareiln wrote:

I'm walking from now on.

Nothin' but the Cavi Hit.

Alrighty then?
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:

I'm walking from now on.

Alabama driving instructors. *nods*

Apparently I didn't yield to a white truck even though I was already turning when the truck pulled from it's parking space that was around a corner.

Moral: Never take a driving test in Alabama, specifically Jefferson County.

Latest Headlines

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:10 pm

There's no mango juice

I want mango juice

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Torisakia wrote:

Alabama driving instructors. *nods*

Apparently I didn't yield to a white truck even though I was already turning when the truck pulled from it's parking space that was around a corner.

But... you usually yield when a truck pulls from a parking spot... wut in the heavens... :meh:

The reason you yield is because you are on the blind spot of the driver pulling out.

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Auremena wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:I know someone personally who's struggling with grades as a freshman, but don't worry! Just keep on working at that GPA!

I only know Cathay Pacific = CX because I fly with them exclusively when going to Hong Kong. Even though their rates keep going up whilst their in-flight amenities keep getting smaller by the year ( :evil: !), the fact that they're from HKG pretty much makes up for it. Eh... actually their Economy seats are quite cramped for a 15-hour long flight; it's really hard to get sleep in them since they only recline a bit. I do know Cathay's been updating their seats quite a bit these past few years, but beyond that I have no clue about other companies.
I'm actually a sophomore...

The economy meals are still superior to meals on US airlines, which tend to be none.
AA = American Airlines (they have the Cirrus on their 77W) US = US Airways (Being merged into AA)(they have the Cirrus on their A330) DL = Delta (they have the Cirrus on their A330 and 747) AF = Air France (They're putting the Cirrus on their 777 and A380) and QR = Qatar.

Economy is never the way to go if you can afford otherwise. For a 3-4 hour flight, it's bearable, but any longer than that, for someone like me who's 6'3", it's unbearable. I was decent on an AA763 with only 30" of pitch for the 7 hours JFK to BCN, but the 9 hours MAD-MIA was not fun, especially since it was during the day. No breakfast, and barely lunch. At least on the way out we got dinner and breakfast.

Well, there you go; you've already made it one & a half years, so just keep thinking about that dream job and good life once you're through!

Blegh, sounds terrible. You're pretty much an entire foot taller than me, so that probably accounts for the need to go business. But transcontinental flights are mighty expensive for someone poor like me. You're talking about $1000+ for economy round trip from LAX to HKG and back during peak season, and I'm talking about prices 4+ years ago. At the rate CX has been increasing its prices, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go north of $2000 today. When business costs 5x as much, I just suck it up for those 15 hours and take Economy. (Not to mention I'm not the one paying for these trips, so I'd be greedy to complain.)

edit: any transcontinental flight without at the very least two in-flight meals would be torture, imo.
Last edited by Beiluxia on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Jonathanatopia3
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jonathanatopia3 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm

What do you guys think about Ukraine?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
Auremena wrote:I'm actually a sophomore...

Well, there you go; you've already made it one & a half years, so just keep thinking about that dream job and good life once you're through!

Blegh, sounds terrible. You're pretty much an entire foot taller than me, so that probably accounts for the need to go business. But transcontinental flights are mighty expensive for someone poor like me. You're talking about $1000+ for economy round trip from LAX to HKG and back during peak season, and I'm talking about prices 4+ years ago. At the rate CX has been increasing its prices, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go north of $2000 today. When business costs 5x as much, I just suck it up for those 15 hours and take Economy. (Not to mention I'm not the one paying for these trips, so I'd be greedy to complain.)

I'm taller than you at 5'6" :p

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Looks like Ukraine's having fun.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Jonathanatopia3 wrote:What do you guys think about Ukraine?

The situation has gotten pretty interesting for Ukraine with their riots and whatnot.

Jonathanatopia3
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jonathanatopia3 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:15 pm

The situation has gotten pretty interesting for Ukraine with their riots and whatnot.

A lot of bangs

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Beiluxia wrote:Haha, look up "black independent woman" on Google. :D

Hope you succeed! I'm one of them 48% "gov'mint leechers", working class and all, so I could literally just get my GED right now, become a police officer, and still have a much more prestigious job and earn much more than my family currently does.

I will :p

And thank you! Although I am not too far off from being a "gov leech" since my dad gets refunds on his taxes rather than having to pay them :lol:

As for you, I do hope you get higher than a GED. I would love to see you succeed in college and have a promising career.

Haha, and thanks! I think my parents would disown me if I just got my GED and get out of high school now.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Totally Not Leningrad Union
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:16 pm

ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
RIP Leningrad Union, 6583 posts and 1.243 billion people. Unjustly DEATed.

Want to join a fun forums website that isn't exclusive/selective?
Arglorand wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Just shut down their government already.

Unfortunately, North Korea doesn't have the Republican Party.
The Grey Wolf wrote:Yes, in this world filled with wars, murder, rape, and crime in general...

Our biggest problem is children looking at titties.

Immoren wrote:I'd think that comparing FB to Twitter and Instagram is like comparing apples and baseballs.

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Something you guys should know: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5411101

Feel LIGHTER?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Something you guys should know: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5411101

How dare you be LGBT, r00d! Heathen! etc. etc. etc.

Nah, being serious for a moment and leaving the conventional joking attitude for a bit aside, it doesn't matter really. You're a cool guy, and I think it's good you came out to people that you are LGBT. Good job. Now, just be sure to chin up at tell your parents in the future; they'll probably understand.

I'm proud of you :hug:
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
I will :p

And thank you! Although I am not too far off from being a "gov leech" since my dad gets refunds on his taxes rather than having to pay them :lol:

As for you, I do hope you get higher than a GED. I would love to see you succeed in college and have a promising career.

Haha, and thanks! I think my parents would disown me if I just got my GED and get out of high school now.

My parents would have done the same if I would have done the same :p

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Torisakia wrote:Alabama driving instructors. *nods*

But... you usually yield when a truck pulls from a parking spot... wut in the heavens... :meh:

The reason you yield is because you are on the blind spot of the driver pulling out.

I was already turning before the truck even turned to where I was.

I wonder how much cabs cost in Alabama...

My reaction. ;)
Last edited by Torisakia on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Haven't been paying much attention, but their government seems to be having a swell time right about now.

Soldati senza confini wrote:I'm taller than you at 5'6" :p

I'm aiming for the lofty heights of 5' 7"+ once I stop growing.

Hope you'll be able to tell your entire family someday. :hug:
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Concerning ME

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:26 pm

How dare you be LGBT, r00d! Heathen! etc. etc. etc.

Nah, being serious for a moment and leaving the conventional joking attitude for a bit aside, it doesn't matter really. You're a cool guy, and I think it's good you came out to people that you are LGBT. Good job. Now, just be sure to chin up at tell your parents in the future; they'll probably understand.

Tell them during an Art House film
Or an Art Noveu Documentary

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Beiluxia wrote:

5'2" - 5'8" is considered a good height for me :lol:

I could not imagine myself at 6 feet tall.

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Torisakia wrote:My reaction. ;)

That dude totally needs an Oscar, that scene's making me tear up. :lol:
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Concerning ME

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Beiluxia wrote:

Haven't been paying much attention, but their government seems to be having a swell time right about now.

Hope you'll be able to tell your entire family someday. :hug:

5'9" :P
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives