NATION

PASSWORD

The Unofficial Thread (NSG Chat thread in F7)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:Hey high schoolers are fun! Fresh in college, ready to be smashed to bits their preconceived notions about the world :p

As for myself? I am a college graduate trying to go to grad school :p

And probably it's why I don't remember you, you had a pretty short life in TET.
Oh, how I crave to go to college. Just wanna be that independent black woman and face the world w/o everyone watching my every move. May I ask what you're majoring in?
I had the same feeling, that I could actually act female instead of male like I was assigned at birth, but it's been rough for me.
I actually don't like college. I just want to travel around, but it's not realistic.
*sigh*
I'll figure it all out eventually.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Tsuken wrote:
Katyuscha wrote:Stomach aches are the worst.

Just got over one. They suck.

Indeed. I spent all of last night writhing in pain.
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Katyuscha wrote:Stomach aches are the worst.

Poor Katy-poo. :hug:

Mama Nana! :hug:
Very soft
Song

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Oh, how I crave to go to college. Just wanna be that independent black woman and face the world w/o everyone watching my every move. May I ask what you're majoring in?

I majored in Historical Studies at the University of Texas at Dallas; and I am trying to take the leap to a Master's in Theological Studies.

And well, I'm Latino so I know what you mean by "watching your every move" :p

Nice!

If by "watching your every move", you mean having your parents in addition to your gazillion grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles over your back, then yes. (I'm Asian, btw.)
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Katyuscha wrote:
Tsuken wrote:Just got over one. They suck.

Indeed. I spent all of last night writhing in pain.
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Poor Katy-poo. :hug:

Honey, get well soon!! <3
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
I majored in Historical Studies at the University of Texas at Dallas; and I am trying to take the leap to a Master's in Theological Studies.

And well, I'm Latino so I know what you mean by "watching your every move" :p

Nice!

If by "watching your every move", you mean having your parents in addition to your gazillion grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles over your back, then yes. (I'm Asian, btw.)

Most of them expect me to be successful :lol: and it's a hard pressure because they expect me to surpass them in wealth :p

And wait, are you Asian or Black? Or a mix of both? :lol:
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Katyuscha wrote:Indeed. I spent all of last night writhing in pain.

Thanks, Nana! :)
Very soft
Song

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Auremena wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Oh, how I crave to go to college. Just wanna be that independent black woman and face the world w/o everyone watching my every move. May I ask what you're majoring in?
I had the same feeling, that I could actually act female instead of male like I was assigned at birth, but it's been rough for me.
I actually don't like college. I just want to travel around, but it's not realistic.
*sigh*

Get a master's in something that lets you take trips around the world then.

Why do you think I'm getting into Historical Theology as a specialty after my master's :lol:
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Katyuscha wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Thanks, Nana! :)

You're welcome, dearie.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Ryan Spooner wrote:
Auremena wrote:Messi and Alves scored at City. I was off on the score, I predicted Barça 4 - 2 City. At least I got the score difference right.
Only good thing about that game was it matched up 2 teams I hate, meaning one had to lose.
One does not simply hate the Blaugrana.
One can very easily hate the Citizens though :P

I like a lot of City players, like Negredo, Silva (though not of late,) Navas, Toure, Kompany, and Kolarov, but hate City as a collective.

I kinda want to buy FIFA 08, one of the best Barcelona teams EVER. Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Toure, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta, and also a young Giovanni Dos Santos.
Back in FIFA 05, I bought Ronaldo, Jesus Navas, and Xabi Alonso for a total of €2.1mil
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Auremena wrote:I had the same feeling, that I could actually act female instead of male like I was assigned at birth, but it's been rough for me.
*sigh*
Get a master's in something that lets you take trips around the world then.
Why do you think I'm getting into Historical Theology as a specialty after my master's :lol:
I want to travel in business class...
One does not simply pass up a chance to be in a Sicma Cirrus on a CX 77W for the 18 hour flight from JFK to HKG.
COYS!

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Auremena wrote:
*sigh*

Assuming you're in your twenties or lower, you have substantial time to get your life around. I haven't even started applying for colleges yet, but I feel like I'm already over 30 from the built-up stress and anxiety.

Kvatchdom wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Wow, I didn't even know such a thing existed. Learning something new everyday.

Doesn't taste like chili at all though. I wonder how long this has been there.

lol, vodka doesn't go bad very quick... does it?

Beiluxia wrote:Nice!

Most of them expect me to be successful :lol: and it's a hard pressure because they expect me to surpass them in wealth :p

You're pretty much telling my life story here. Your parents are expecting you to marry and have a family of 2.5 kids, right?
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Beiluxia wrote:You're pretty much telling my life story here. Your parents are expecting you to marry and have a family of 2.5 kids, right?

expecting me to marry, have a children, a nice house, a nice car, and a nice job and to be recognized in my field as a top researcher :lol2: so I got a lot of pressure behind me.

And wait, are you Asian or are you a mix between Black and Asian parents?

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Auremena wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:Get a master's in something that lets you take trips around the world then.
One does not simply pass up a chance to be in a Sicma Cirrus on a CX 77W for the 18 hour flight from JFK to HKG.

Dear Lord, Cathay Pacific's upper classes are the bomb. I always pass by them on my way to flippin' Economy, makes me cry inside every time. One day...!
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Concerning ME

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Auremena wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:Get a master's in something that lets you take trips around the world then.

And since when have you seen a college professor or someone with a master's be struck in poverty?

I think you are confusing the degree's subjective worth with its objective worth.

But I do agree with you in one thing: business class is the way one should travel, always.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Beiluxia wrote:You're pretty much telling my life story here. Your parents are expecting you to marry and have a family of 2.5 kids, right?

expecting me to marry, have a children, a nice house, a nice car, and a nice job and to be recognized in my field as a top researcher :lol2: so I got a lot of pressure behind me.

We pretty much have the same relatives, except for that "top researcher" part because my parents could care less about what I do as long as I get rich and marry. :p

Haha, I'm full Asian. What made you think I was blasian?
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Concerning ME

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Beiluxia wrote:

We pretty much have the same relatives, except for that "top researcher" part because my parents could care less about what I do as long as I get rich and marry. :p

The whole "black woman" joke :p and then the flip towards "Asian" :lol:

For me my parents' pressure is on being top researcher because my dad's also the best at what he does in his field: he works in irrigation repairs, and his fame of being good at what he does with upper-class clients follows me as his son, inevitably ;~:

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
Auremena wrote:I had the same feeling, that I could actually act female instead of male like I was assigned at birth, but it's been rough for me.
*sigh*
Assuming you're in your twenties or lower, you have substantial time to get your life around. I haven't even started applying for colleges yet, but I feel like I'm already over 30 from the built-up stress and anxiety.
I may be only 19, and actually in my second semester of college, but the stress makes me feel like I'm 60, and I'm in danger of getting kicked out of school if I get lower than a 3.2 GPA this semester.
Beiluxia wrote:
Auremena wrote:I want to travel in business class...
Dear Lord, Cathay Pacific's upper classes are the bomb. I always pass by them on my way to flippin' Economy, makes me cry inside every time. One day...!
Never flown Cathay, or on a 777-300ER (my favourite aircraft) but plan on doing so on the long haul east coast to Hong Kong flights. In J of course. I want to make love to their new J seats. Not the nearly identical ones that AA, US,and DL use. I hear AF is starting to use them too. Everyone joining on the CX bandwagon.
EDIT: Forgot that QR has them on their 788 as well.

Wait, you knew CX meant Cathay, you must know something about aviation.
You're my new friend :)
Auremena wrote:I want to travel in business class...
And since when have you seen a college professor or someone with a master's be struck in poverty?

I think you are confusing the degree's subjective worth with its objective worth.

But I do agree with you in one thing: business class is the way one should travel, always.
I don't know if I'd want to be a professor. I want my job to be travelling in business class.
Last edited by Auremena on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COYS!

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:39 pm

New haven america wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Maybe if more people read OPs and paid attention to what they said, we'd still have TET.

They said it's on a break...(Which means A) It's on a break, B) It's dead)

Read between the lines. Its modspeak for "we're probably not going to bring this back".

Beiluxia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
You deserve a medal for reading the OP.

Haha, have many people skipped the OP entirely? That's like giving out a participation badge imo. :lol2:

With the number of people asking about what happened to TET, it seems like skipping the OP is some sort of tradition. :p
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Beiluxia wrote:We pretty much have the same relatives, except for that "top researcher" part because my parents could care less about what I do as long as I get rich and marry. :p

For me my parents' pressure is on being top researcher because my dad's also the best at what he does in his field: he works in irrigation repairs, and his fame of being good at what he does with upper-class clients follows me as his son, inevitably ;~:

Haha, look up "black independent woman" on Google. :D

Hope you succeed! I'm one of them 48% "gov'mint leechers", working class and all, so I could literally just get my GED right now, become a police officer, and still have a much more prestigious job and earn much more than my family currently does.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Concerning ME

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Awesomeness just happened.

Ryan Spooner
Envoy

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryan Spooner » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Haha, have many people skipped the OP entirely? That's like giving out a participation badge imo. :lol2:

With the number of people asking about what happened to TET, it seems like skipping the OP is some sort of tradition. :p

What happened to TET? :p
P-Bruins ftw!
#24 Ryan Spooner

Firsthome wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Basic laws of supply and demand. There are very few people who are skilled enough to perform the way that professional athletes do, so they get paid more.

People who say "giv soldures futbahllers wayjizz and giv futbahllers soldures wayjizz" irritate me because they literally have no idea how economics or money works, apparently.

Socialists don't need to know.
^written by a socialist. Still laughing here.

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Auremena wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Assuming you're in your twenties or lower, you have substantial time to get your life around. I haven't even started applying for colleges yet, but I feel like I'm already over 30 from the built-up stress and anxiety.
I may be only 19, and actually in my second semester of college, but the stress makes me feel like I'm 60, and I'm in danger of getting kicked out of school if I get lower than a 3.2 GPA this semester.
Beiluxia wrote:Dear Lord, Cathay Pacific's upper classes are the bomb. I always pass by them on my way to flippin' Economy, makes me cry inside every time. One day...!
Never flown Cathay, or on a 777-300ER (my favourite aircraft) but plan on doing so on the long haul east coast to Hong Kong flights. In J of course. I want to make love to their new J seats. Not the nearly identical ones that AA, US,and DL use. I hear AF is starting to use them too. Everyone joining on the CX bandwagon.

I know someone personally who's struggling with grades as a freshman, but don't worry! Just keep on working at that GPA!

I only know Cathay Pacific = CX because I fly with them exclusively when going to Hong Kong. Even though their rates keep going up whilst their in-flight amenities keep getting smaller by the year ( :evil: !), the fact that they're from HKG pretty much makes up for it. Eh... actually their Economy seats are quite cramped for a 15-hour long flight; it's really hard to get sleep in them since they only recline a bit. I do know Cathay's been updating their seats quite a bit these past few years, but beyond that I have no clue about other companies.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Concerning ME

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Grenartia wrote:With the number of people asking about what happened to TET, it seems like skipping the OP is some sort of tradition. :p

Oh God. Looking back at these pages, it looks like it's already becoming a tradition on this thread too.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Concerning ME

Music I Like
sufjam ❤

Quotes

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
Auremena wrote:I may be only 19, and actually in my second semester of college, but the stress makes me feel like I'm 60, and I'm in danger of getting kicked out of school if I get lower than a 3.2 GPA this semester.Never flown Cathay, or on a 777-300ER (my favourite aircraft) but plan on doing so on the long haul east coast to Hong Kong flights. In J of course. I want to make love to their new J seats. Not the nearly identical ones that AA, US,and DL use. I hear AF is starting to use them too. Everyone joining on the CX bandwagon.

I know someone personally who's struggling with grades as a freshman, but don't worry! Just keep on working at that GPA!

I only know Cathay Pacific = CX because I fly with them exclusively when going to Hong Kong. Even though their rates keep going up whilst their in-flight amenities keep getting smaller by the year ( :evil: !), the fact that they're from HKG pretty much makes up for it. Eh... actually their Economy seats are quite cramped for a 15-hour long flight; it's really hard to get sleep in them since they only recline a bit. I do know Cathay's been updating their seats quite a bit these past few years, but beyond that I have no clue about other companies.
I'm actually a sophomore...
And it isn't that easy, with what I go through.

The economy meals are still superior to meals on US airlines, which tend to be none.
AA = American Airlines (they have the Cirrus on their 77W) US = US Airways (Being merged into AA)(they have the Cirrus on their A330) DL = Delta (they have the Cirrus on their A330 and 747) AF = Air France (They're putting the Cirrus on their 777 and A380) and QR = Qatar.

Economy is never the way to go if you can afford otherwise. For a 3-4 hour flight, it's bearable, but any longer than that, for someone like me who's 6'3", it's unbearable. I was decent on an AA763 with only 30" of pitch for the 7 hours JFK to BCN, but the 9 hours MAD-MIA was not fun, especially since it was during the day. No breakfast, and barely lunch. At least on the way out we got dinner and breakfast.
COYS!

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Beiluxia wrote:

Haha, look up "black independent woman" on Google. :D

Hope you succeed! I'm one of them 48% "gov'mint leechers", working class and all, so I could literally just get my GED right now, become a police officer, and still have a much more prestigious job and earn much more than my family currently does.

I will :p

And thank you! Although I am not too far off from being a "gov leech" since my dad gets refunds on his taxes rather than having to pay them :lol:

As for you, I do hope you get higher than a GED. I would love to see you succeed in college and have a promising career.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives