NATION

PASSWORD

The Unofficial Thread (NSG Chat thread in F7)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:28 pm

New haven america wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Haven't been paying much attention, but their government seems to be having a swell time right about now.

I'm aiming for the lofty heights of 5' 7"+ once I stop growing.

Hope you'll be able to tell your entire family someday. :hug:

5'9" :P

Damn you, you tall person :p
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:

5'2" - 5'8" is considered a good height for me :lol:

I could not imagine myself at 6 feet tall.

I can't wait to be 6'5"
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Totally Not Leningrad Union
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Something you guys should know: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5411101

How dare you be LGBT, r00d! Heathen! etc. etc. etc.

Nah, being serious for a moment and leaving the conventional joking attitude for a bit aside, it doesn't matter really. You're a cool guy, and I think it's good you came out to people that you are LGBT. Good job. Now, just be sure to chin up at tell your parents in the future; they'll probably understand.

I'm proud of you :hug:

Thanks so much! :hug:

It was hard saying it, but I overcame fear!
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
RIP Leningrad Union, 6583 posts and 1.243 billion people. Unjustly DEATed.

Want to join a fun forums website that isn't exclusive/selective?
Arglorand wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Just shut down their government already.

Unfortunately, North Korea doesn't have the Republican Party.
The Grey Wolf wrote:Yes, in this world filled with wars, murder, rape, and crime in general...

Our biggest problem is children looking at titties.

Immoren wrote:I'd think that comparing FB to Twitter and Instagram is like comparing apples and baseballs.

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Torisakia wrote:So I just broke the world record for quickest time taken to fail a driving test, never even got out of the parking lot.
I'm walking from now on.
So what's up with everyone?
In Florida the driving test never leaves the parking lot. No wonder the drivers there were total shit.
Beiluxia wrote:
Auremena wrote:I'm actually a sophomore...
And it isn't that easy, with what I go through.

The economy meals are still superior to meals on US airlines, which tend to be none.
AA = American Airlines (they have the Cirrus on their 77W) US = US Airways (Being merged into AA)(they have the Cirrus on their A330) DL = Delta (they have the Cirrus on their A330 and 747) AF = Air France (They're putting the Cirrus on their 777 and A380) and QR = Qatar.

Economy is never the way to go if you can afford otherwise. For a 3-4 hour flight, it's bearable, but any longer than that, for someone like me who's 6'3", it's unbearable. I was decent on an AA763 with only 30" of pitch for the 7 hours JFK to BCN, but the 9 hours MAD-MIA was not fun, especially since it was during the day. No breakfast, and barely lunch. At least on the way out we got dinner and breakfast.
Well, there you go; you've already made it one & a half years, so just keep thinking about that dream job and good life once you're through!

Blegh, sounds terrible. You're pretty much an entire foot taller than me, so that probably accounts for the need to go business. But transcontinental flights are mighty expensive for someone poor like me. You're talking about $1000+ for economy round trip from LAX to HKG and back during peak season, and I'm talking about prices 4+ years ago. At the rate CX has been increasing its prices, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go north of $2000 today. When business costs 5x as much, I just suck it up for those 15 hours and take Economy. (Not to mention I'm not the one paying for these trips, so I'd be greedy to complain.)

edit: any transcontinental flight without at the very least two in-flight meals would be torture, imo.
No, only half a year. The first year and then some was taken away by getting 36 credits from AP.

That and it's simply fabulous. Not to mention since if I'm cramped, I could have an issue with DVT.

Checking my trip to Bangkok for next summer through United, it's about $1800 in economy and $6000 in Business. Considering I'd be spending $20000 on surgery, I'd want to be especially comfortable when flying back.
Which means not united. Clearly Cathay from ORD-HKG-BKK. Or perhaps ANA on ORD-NRT-BKK, or Korean or Asiana ORD-ICN-BKK. Not Thai, they're extremely corrupt, but ORD-SFO-BKK would be easy.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
Torisakia wrote:My reaction. ;)

That dude totally needs an Oscar, that scene's making me tear up. :lol:

Yet that movie is considered one of the worst movies ever made.
Last edited by Torisakia on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Beiluxia wrote:Haha, and thanks! I think my parents would disown me if I just got my GED and get out of high school now.

My parents would have done the same if I would have done the same :p

Heehee, I feel like our families are the same.... lol what if we have the same family?! :shock: jks xD
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
My parents would have done the same if I would have done the same :p

Heehee, I feel like our families are the same.... lol what if we have the same family?! :shock: jks xD

XD It would be catastrophes :p

And usually families out of the U.S. are similar, mine's not so much concerned about money though concerned about money, but they are not so blatant :lol:
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Auremena wrote:No, only half a year. The first year and then some was taken away by getting 36 credits from AP.

That and it's simply fabulous. Not to mention since if I'm cramped, I could have an issue with DVT.

Checking my trip to Bangkok for next summer through United, it's about $1800 in economy and $6000 in Business. Considering I'd be spending $20000 on surgery, I'd want to be especially comfortable when flying back.
Which means not united. Clearly Cathay from ORD-HKG-BKK. Or perhaps ANA on ORD-NRT-BKK, or Korean or Asiana ORD-ICN-BKK. Not Thai, they're extremely corrupt, but ORD-SFO-BKK would be easy.

Oh, nice! Glad to see your APs put to use, makes me optimistic all my AP courses were not in vain.

Thailand seems like a nice place for a holiday. I've never been, but apparently I have some uber-rich extended family there.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:34 pm

I come in and Lenin is LGBT.

I'm so proud of you for being able to come out (on NS at least) and accept who you are!

That just made my day. Seriously.
Forever a Communist

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
Auremena wrote:No, only half a year. The first year and then some was taken away by getting 36 credits from AP.

Oh, nice! Glad to see your APs put to use, makes me optimistic all my AP courses were not in vain.

Thailand seems like a nice place for a holiday. I've never been, but apparently I have some uber-rich extended family there.
Of course for the degrees dad wants me to do, 12 credits of history don't apply, but for pretty much anything within my realm, they do, and I'll only have to table biology (or retake, failed it, along with calc 2, last semester) for sciences.

I wouldn't be exactly holidaying there, although 'd love to go to Phuket, Krabi, and Koh Samui.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Blasveck wrote:I come in and Lenin is LGBT.

I'm so proud of you for being able to come out (on NS at least) and accept who you are!

Never really understood the point of LGB coming out since it's mostly a private thing. Like I could care less who you fuck. T is different, since your gender expression is public. But meh, to each his own.
COYS!

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Auremena wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Oh, nice! Glad to see your APs put to use, makes me optimistic all my AP courses were not in vain.

Of course for the degrees dad wants me to do, 12 credits of history don't apply, but for pretty much anything within my realm, they do, and I'll only have to table biology (or retake, failed it, along with calc 2, last semester) for sciences.

I wouldn't be exactly holidaying there, although 'd love to go to Phuket, Krabi, and Koh Samui.

What kind of degrees does your dad want you to do and which degrees do you want to do?
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Something you guys should know: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5411101

:hug:
Best of luck with your parents.
Last edited by Vareiln on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Auremena wrote:

Never really understood the point of LGB coming out since it's mostly a private thing. Like I could care less who you fuck. T is different, since your gender expression is public. But meh, to each his own.

Problem is that it's not only you who cares about them; it's other people and usually the conventional thought is that people close to us are not LGBT or could not be - if you are the kind of person who believes a man should only be with a woman as a partner and whatnot, so it is a big deal for them.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Auremena wrote:

From what other people have told me, being able to freely be who you are is a rather liberating and empowering feeling.

I mean, hiding being gay or bi isn't exactly an easy thing to do in the first place. One offhand comment and, well...

Not having to hide is a good feeling, in short.
Forever a Communist

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:43 pm

New haven america wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Haven't been paying much attention, but their government seems to be having a swell time right about now.

Hope you'll be able to tell your entire family someday. :hug:

5'9" :P

5'11". 8)

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:58 pm

That was brave of you. :hug:

Auremena wrote:Never really understood the point of LGB coming out since it's mostly a private thing. Like I could care less who you fuck. T is different, since your gender expression is public. But meh, to each his own.

Problem is that it's not only you who cares about them; it's other people and usually the conventional thought is that people close to us are not LGBT or could not be - if you are the kind of person who believes a man should only be with a woman as a partner and whatnot, so it is a big deal for them.

Pretty much this.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Gods, how is it that the National Enquirer has subscriptions? How can some people read- wait, never mind. Paris Hilton wrote a book. Carry on.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Potentiation
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Potentiation » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Nice.
Yes

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Windows keeps pestering the holy fuck out of me to complete updates for my computer.

This update better be damn important, I mean there better be a whole new UI and features.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Gods, how is it that the National Enquirer has subscriptions? How can some people read- wait, never mind. Paris Hilton wrote a book. Carry on.

Paris Hilton can write? :shock:

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Torisakia wrote:Windows keeps pestering the holy fuck out of me to complete updates for my computer.

This update better be damn important, I mean there better be a whole new UI and features.

It's Windows...
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:
How dare you be LGBT, r00d! Heathen! etc. etc. etc.

Nah, being serious for a moment and leaving the conventional joking attitude for a bit aside, it doesn't matter really. You're a cool guy, and I think it's good you came out to people that you are LGBT. Good job. Now, just be sure to chin up at tell your parents in the future; they'll probably understand.

I'm proud of you :hug:

Thanks so much! :hug:

It was hard saying it, but I overcame fear!

Such a brave son, of mine. :hug:
Very soft
Song

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Windows keeps pestering the holy fuck out of me to complete updates for my computer.

It's Windows...

Like she said, it's windows, how much do you expect out of them? :p

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Gods, how is it that the National Enquirer has subscriptions? How can some people read- wait, never mind. Paris Hilton wrote a book. Carry on.

Paris Hilton can write? :shock:

She only knows half of the alphabet, so the book's a little weird.
Very soft
Song

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives