NATION

PASSWORD

The Unofficial Thread (NSG Chat thread in F7)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

The Unofficial Thread (NSG Chat thread in F7)

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:59 pm

With the closing of TET, I've decided to make an F7 player-run alternative to it. The rules here will be fairly simple.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

1. Please don't greetspam. Greetspam is just saying "hi" or "bye", with no actual substance to the post. This isn't saying you shouldn't greet your fellow posters, just that we'd appreciate if you put some more substance into it. For example, instead of:

Hi

Maybe try:

Hey, [insert whatever weird, but forum appropriate thing you're doing, or something else notable here], what's up with yall?

2. Please don't pseudo RP. Examples of pseudo RP would be asterisks (ex: *I beat your magical talking trout with a giant robot foot*), and using multicolored, underlined, italicized, and/or bolded fonts to indicate different "characters". If you want to pseudo RP, take it to some other F7 thread where it belongs. I'm not usually one to pull out the thread ownership card, but I want to preserve the TET community, and I will pull that card if I believe its for the best interests of the TET community. It gets really annoying for those of us who don't do it and drags down the quality of the thread, even when you have legitimate conversation in the rest of your post.

3. Just because this is a chat thread, does NOT mean this is a spam thread. This is for actual conversations. They don't have to be serious, and in fact, we like it lighthearted. But there is a difference between lighthearted and spam. If you're looking for spam, again, go to other F7 threads.

4. KEEP THE DRAMA OUT OF HERE. This is what ruined TET. If you can't keep it out of here, then you can just not post here. I'm instituting a zero-tolerance policy on it. Whenever I see it, I'll report it to Moderation. If you see it and I'm not around, report it to Moderation.

5. ALL OTHER FORUM RULES APPLY. PLEASE PROMPTLY REPORT THE APPROPRIATE VIOLATIONS IN MODERATION. This should be self-evident, but I'm just stating it in case it wasn't.

6. Don't race to fill up the 500 pages.

The examples listed aren't exhaustive, but I think they provide a decent example of what doesn't need to happen here. If you think there are other rules that I should add here, please TG them to me, and I'll add them if I think they're good.

And thus comes to a close the 100 thread-long social experiment that came to some interesting conclusions.

Moderator warnings, repeated, by many, went continually unheeded, save by a few - whom I thank.

Players who attempted to save the thread, ended up being driven off by those insistent on making it their platform for drama, spammy refuge, and place to grab attention for whatever personal reasons.

Friendships were made, broken, mended, and taken to levels they possibly shouldn’t have. Arguments were overheated, inappropriateness was had, and in some cases, encouraged by players, and the speed of posting and level of problems on occasion, reached levels of headache-inducing modly irritation. As another player noted, things changed. It got ugly on more than one occasion. It got cliquey. It got exclusive rather than inclusive. It got vindictive. It got mean.

We’re going to put the TET to bed for a while. The jury is still out on whether or not it will be brought back. This issue has been discussed multiple times over the past year plus, and is not a snap decision. Do not spam us with a plethora of ‘bring it back’ requests. We have already set a time for re-evaluation, and harassment by players is not going to speed that up.

In the meantime, we hope that you will not resort to spamming other threads in irritation. That will simply end in tears. Take the time instead to re-evaluate your own posting habits, reasons for them, and why they may have been at odds with the intention and stated rules of TET. You’ve 99+1 examples to go through and see where things may have gone wrong, where we have admonished, reminded, and reprimanded. You’ll likely have ample time to peruse, and contemplate.

So for now:

Hasta luego, arrivederci, tot ziens, au revoir, tschuss, sayonara, orewar, namaste, hade, tchau, do svidanija, hwyl, chao chi, and good night.

But enough with all that. Whats up yall?
Last edited by Grenartia on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 pm

I hope this doesn't become a clusterfuck.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi.

Not much, I'm pretty exhausted and only have this now and another F7 thing to keep me entertained... My life is no life. XD
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I hope this doesn't become a clusterfuck.

That's some wishful thinking, right there.
Very soft
Song

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi, I'm Brent, formerly part of TET, but now I'm here.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm

I'll do all in my power to ensure it doesn't. There's a bit more freedom with thread ownership, so it should be easier to keep this one from going down the toilet.

Stattr wrote:Hi.

Not much, I'm pretty exhausted and only have this now and another F7 thing to keep me entertained... My life is no life. XD

I so know that feel.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:Hi, I'm Brent, formerly part of TET, but now I'm here.

Yes and now you can actually, maybe, be able to post, even though it won't count up your total posts. Yay!

I just realized this as I typed that. The posts you make here don't go towards your total post count. I guess that counts as a positive.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Grenartia wrote:

I'll do all in my power to ensure it doesn't. There's a bit more freedom with thread ownership, so it should be easier to keep this one from going down the toilet.

Stattr wrote:Hi.

I so know that feel.

Yeah. You have no life but you do, but you don't know where it is... And I've gone cross eyed...

Drown wrote:

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Hahahahaha

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:16 pm

That's idealistic.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Stattr wrote:
Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:Hi, I'm Brent, formerly part of TET, but now I'm here.

Yes and now you can actually, maybe, be able to post, even though it won't count up your total posts. Yay!

I just realized this as I typed that. The posts you make here don't go towards your total post count. I guess that counts as a positive.

They do, it's just hidden.
Now instead of talking about the demise of TUT's predecessor, TET, why not just not and instead discuss President's Day.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:17 pm

I'll only be popping in every once and a while between the Fab thread and, in the future, Katy's P2TM thread.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:
Stattr wrote:Yes and now you can actually, maybe, be able to post, even though it won't count up your total posts. Yay!

They do, it's just hidden.
Now instead of talking about the demise of TUT's predecessor, TET, why not just not and instead discuss President's Day.

TUT reminded me of king TUT from Egypt... I had a history brain fart.

When is that again?

Drown wrote:

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Stattr wrote:
Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:They do, it's just hidden.

TUT reminded me of king TUT from Egypt... I had a history brain fart.

When is that again?

President's Day? Monday.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Stattr wrote:

I count it as a positive. You won't have people from other forums bitching as much about inflated post counts, and you won't have newcomers obsessing over post counts as much.

Stattr wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I so know that feel.

Yeah. You have no life but you do, but you don't know where it is... And I've gone cross eyed...

So have I. Dammit, Kat. :p

Thafoo wrote:I'll only be popping in every once and a while between the Fab thread and, in the future, Katy's P2TM thread.

That's fine. I'm not going to tell anybody they can't post in other F7 chat threads.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Hah, one can only hope.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:24 pm

New haven america wrote:

Hah, one can only hope.

I'll make sure it doesn't.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:
Stattr wrote:TUT reminded me of king TUT from Egypt... I had a history brain fart.

When is that again?

President's Day? Monday.

Right.

Grenartia wrote:
Stattr wrote:Yes and now you can actually, maybe, be able to post, even though it won't count up your total posts. Yay!

I count it as a positive. You won't have people from other forums bitching as much about inflated post counts, and you won't have newcomers obsessing over post counts as much.

Stattr wrote:Yeah. You have no life but you do, but you don't know where it is... And I've gone cross eyed...

Thafoo wrote:I'll only be popping in every once and a while between the Fab thread and, in the future, Katy's P2TM thread.

That's fine. I'm not going to tell anybody they can't post in other F7 chat threads.

OMG, I never knew I could get post count until I noticed about 200 total posts in. XD

Your welcome josh. It's what I do... I'm still cross eyed. Help.

Drown wrote:

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:30 pm

So many "new TETs" to keep up with!
Sun Wukong wrote:All hail Stern. Empress of Nerds. Dread-Queen of TeT.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"
Esternial wrote:You're a good student, Sterny.

You'll accomplish great things.

Or end up faced down in the gutter, completely wasted.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Stattr wrote:
Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:President's Day? Monday.

Right.

Grenartia wrote:

OMG, I never knew I could get post count until I noticed about 200 total posts in. XD

Your welcome josh. It's what I do... I'm still cross eyed. Help.

I remember having a similar experience when I first started posting in F7. For like the longest time, it seemed like no matter how much I was posting, I couldn't get higher than about 600 posts (the ones I did in other forums before going to F7).

Look at something far away, Kat.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Well, aren't we quite spoiled for choice in F7 here tonight?
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

San
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm

My name is San and I'm an alcoholic.
Last edited by San on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
足跡たどる、出血血液ライン

私は人間で私より私はより良い幽霊だと思います

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm

San wrote:I'm San and I'm an alcoholic.

Hi, San.
Sun Wukong wrote:All hail Stern. Empress of Nerds. Dread-Queen of TeT.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"
Esternial wrote:You're a good student, Sterny.

You'll accomplish great things.

Or end up faced down in the gutter, completely wasted.

San
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Gallade wrote:Well, aren't we quite spoiled for choice in F7 here tonight?

Your flag conveys the emotion of us all.
足跡たどる、出血血液ライン

私は人間で私より私はより良い幽霊だと思います

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Gallade wrote:Well, aren't we quite spoiled for choice in F7 here tonight?

We deserve it.
San wrote:I'm San and I'm an alcoholic.

Hi, San.
Very soft
Song

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives