NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Filled with many strange things screaming to get out

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:
Because they won't listen to you simply because you are not in a position of authority.

Look, I get what you are saying. However, to have this discussion every week or two is getting tiring. I think all of us regulars got the point you are trying to make. No need to go ahead and rehash the same lines.

But the problems haven't stopped. That's why the discussion keeps getting rehashed.

by rehashing it, you're just compounding the problem.
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
New Maldorainia wrote:Everyone needs to calm down before this gets into a flame war and the mods are forced to lock and clean up TET and hand out bans and warnings.

to be honest, that would not be a bad thing, the issue does need a resolution from a higher authority.

this is a freaking chat thread, it should be about sexual innuendo (PG-13) at multiple genders on multiple levels and a place to meet and greet as human beings, Where liberals and conservatives and commies and facists can learn we are all just regular human beings, who just have a different point of view, which since relationships of sorts can be formed, would reduce the general "fuckyouyourwrongedness" of the other general threads.

Unfortunately it is the lockings and clean up that have caused them to consider shuttering TET like the Wombat.
The Walrus God of NS (arch-nemesis to Big Jim), plus a really strange Jewish cowboy libertarian conservative (Fusionism) believe in Laissez-faire free trade capitalism. Most people call me Mal, Mald, or Maldo.
Nanatsu no Tsuki is my Big Sis Grumpy Cat. She calls me Maru.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. ----Rod Serling, from "The Obsolete Man".

Zionist, deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: 8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/270530
I side with ... | Political Compass Chart
No surprise

Taoju
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Because they won't listen to you simply because you are not in a position of authority.

Look, I get what you are saying. However, to have this discussion every week or two is getting tiring. I think all of us regulars got the point you are trying to make. No need to go ahead and rehash the same lines.

But the problems haven't stopped. That's why the discussion keeps getting rehashed.

Then don't rehash 'em.

Encourage other topics instead of cracking down on small and trivial... Offences.
The Republic of Taoju ― Tauzhur Mineli ― Таужур Минули

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Because some people don't seem to be getting the message, while others are purposely speeding and driving the wrong way purely out of spite. And in some cases, I'm even having eggs thrown at me (personal attacks and the like) for doing so.

last week or two? its been the last 30 fucking pages
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Grenartia wrote:

The problems are LESS FREQUENT, which is good. But they will never stop. People will be people, there is no such thing as a 100% perfect thread or conversation or product or whatever it is. Stop making it look like there is.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:44 pm

New Maldorainia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
to be honest, that would not be a bad thing, the issue does need a resolution from a higher authority.

this is a freaking chat thread, it should be about sexual innuendo (PG-13) at multiple genders on multiple levels and a place to meet and greet as human beings, Where liberals and conservatives and commies and facists can learn we are all just regular human beings, who just have a different point of view, which since relationships of sorts can be formed, would reduce the general "fuckyouyourwrongedness" of the other general threads.

Unfortunately it is the lockings and clean up that have caused them to consider shuttering TET like the Wombat.

i dont know where you get your information from, just like the isreal and lesbian threads, they shut iTET own they get 30 new TETS a week, it is much easier to manage as a single thread on the board. then 30 that are poping up whenever someone gets an itch to say 'OOOHHH i am lonely "

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Grenartia wrote:

The problems are LESS FREQUENT, which is good. But they will never stop. People will be people, there is no such thing as a 100% perfect thread or conversation or product or whatever it is. Stop making it look like there is.

100% in a human social environment is impossible, and thinking about such is idiocy and scornful.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

I know, what I am saying is that it's been almost every other TET that we have this talk lately, and it's getting to a point where it's just getting tiring.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

by rehashing it, you're just compounding the problem.

You can't fix a problem in a group until you point out there is one.

New Maldorainia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Indeed.

Taoju wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Then don't rehash 'em.

Encourage other topics instead of cracking down on small and trivial... Offences.

Except they drag down the thread. And if they don't get pointed out, then how will people stop doing them?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 pm

At least ten times as much space is being taken up by the rehashed arguments about greet spam and pseudo-RP posts than the greet spam and pseudo-RP posts themselves.
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Uieurnthlaal wrote:At least ten times as much space is being taken up by the rehashed arguments about greet spam and pseudo-RP posts than the greet spam and pseudo-RP posts themselves.

Indeed.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Grenartia wrote:

But that doesn't mean we should stop trying because we'll never get everybody who's doing it to stop. And if we let it go uncountered, it'll just flare up again.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:by rehashing it, you're just compounding the problem.

You can't fix a problem in a group until you point out there is one.

New Maldorainia wrote:

Indeed.

Taoju wrote:Then don't rehash 'em.

Except they drag down the thread. And if they don't get pointed out, then how will people stop doing them?

hun, ethel put something on moderation, can we just agree to wait until they make a decision?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

I know, what I am saying is that it's been almost every other TET that we have this talk lately, and it's getting to a point where it's just getting tiring.

i completely agree, but i think that is a management issue. not a gren issue. when it gets real stupid i will say something, hell i have seen you say something (and for that i say "thank you, god bless you and keep you"). My point is you cant blame gren for doing what he was asked by management to do.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Grenartia wrote:

But that doesn't mean we should stop trying because we'll never get everybody who's doing it to stop. And if we let it go uncountered, it'll just flare up again.

However, it doesn't mean this same talk has to be rehashed in every. single. thread. that someone decides to go against the norm.

Again, 100% perfection in things is impossible at the logical level.

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

i completely agree, but i think that is a management issue. not a gren issue. when it gets real stupid i will say something, hell i have seen you say something (and for that i say "thank you, god bless you and keep you"). My point is you cant blame gren for doing what he was asked by management to do.

...so its violets fault?

I can roll with that.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Uieurnthlaal wrote:At least ten times as much space is being taken up by the rehashed arguments about greet spam and pseudo-RP posts than the greet spam and pseudo-RP posts themselves.

welcome to bureaucracy, you should see what i gotta go through just to buy one 48 port switch.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Gren. Drop it. Now. Your judgement is hazed by your own zeal of perfection. Just stop. It's useless. Let it be. It's trivial. Rehashing it is useless and meaningless so long as you wish to parrot the same statements to the crowd.

The solution is to encourage topics of discussion. Not telling people what to do.

3 State Alliance
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 3 State Alliance » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 pm

And most pseudo-RP posts I encountered where pretty obviously a bunch of kids (at heart at least) messing about in a PG-13 environment... they where usually tacked on to the end of a serious post, mostly to make up for the lack of diversity in smilies.

Also this thing against 'greet spam' is a slippery slope, if every post has to be meaningful and full, then I probably wouldn't post on this forum at all.
"Lets introduce these savages to the 20th century! All ranks, fire at will."
Commissar Maria Smith, The Siege of High Reach

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Exactly.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:52 pm

3 State Alliance wrote:

And most pseudo-RP posts I encountered where pretty obviously a bunch of kids (at heart at least) messing about in a PG-13 environment... they where usually tacked on to the end of a serious post, mostly to make up for the lack of diversity in smilies.

Also this thing against 'greet spam' is a slippery slope, if every post has to be meaningful and full, then I probably wouldn't post on this forum at all.

I concur with that last bit. I'm hardly contributive and meaningful.

3 State Alliance
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 3 State Alliance » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Aeken wrote:
3 State Alliance wrote:And most pseudo-RP posts I encountered where pretty obviously a bunch of kids (at heart at least) messing about in a PG-13 environment... they where usually tacked on to the end of a serious post, mostly to make up for the lack of diversity in smilies.

this might be one of my longest posts on a TET ever... :blush:
"Lets introduce these savages to the 20th century! All ranks, fire at will."
Commissar Maria Smith, The Siege of High Reach

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Aeken wrote:
3 State Alliance wrote:And most pseudo-RP posts I encountered where pretty obviously a bunch of kids (at heart at least) messing about in a PG-13 environment... they where usually tacked on to the end of a serious post, mostly to make up for the lack of diversity in smilies.

I wouldn't say that so proudly...
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Aeken wrote:

I'm not asking for a literary critique of War and Peace. Hell, the standards I'm asking everybody to follow aren't very high. Just try to contribute to an ongoing discussion or try to start a new one. Just as long as its more than "hi".

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Aeken wrote:I concur with that last bit. I'm hardly contributive and meaningful.

I'm not asking for a literary critique of War and Peace. Hell, the standards I'm asking everybody to follow aren't very high. Just try to contribute to an ongoing discussion or try to start a new one. Just as long as its more than "hi".

but how do you begin a conversation? You say hi. It's protocol in any language.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives