NATION

PASSWORD

Mod-Sanctioned LGBT Rights & Issues Thread

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Traditional Catholic Papal States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
The Traditional Catholic Papal States wrote:
And? Some people unjust violence for many reasons. And I don't hate homosexuals.

Well, you clearly ain't fond of us if you consider fucking another man to be immoral.

I'm not found of any "fucking" between another other than one man and one women in marriage. And no, I don't view two men and two men as a marriage, sorry.
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

About me:
Yes, I am Catholic. Yes, I believe in 100% in what The Church teaches and believes. This includes Abortion and "gay marriage" Don't like it? Don't care.

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:42 pm

The 93rd Coalition wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:You might want to pick up a history book.

Because during the 18th and 19th century, it was believed that blacks were incapable of being truly in love and therefore should not be able to marry. We were literally seen as walking, sex-crazed savages who couldn't maintain a stable family even if we tried; therefore, we would ruin the "sanctity" of marriage.

And now, people are using extremely similar arguments to refuse to give homosexuals the right to marry.

Er, you may want to pick up the Catholic Catechism (Something which I abhor because of the hypocrisy, but still.) They do not dehumanize homosexuals, but they acknowledge that they can love and are normal people to be treated with the same respect afforded to any other being. They do not approve of homosexual interaction because they believe that marriage was a ceremony only to be given to a man or a woman, going back to Adam and Eve.

I don't see how this is relevant to anything. We're arguing is there grounds for a fellow human being to limit the rights of a gay person on earth.
Whether or not they approve of it isn't really an issue. Whether they have the authority to stop it, or have a legitimate reason for it to be stopped. History is based upon fact, the Catholic teachings are based on opinion. And in a secular nation, they shouldn't be able to have any impact on the treatment of another human being. And that's coming from a Christian.
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Well, you clearly ain't fond of us if you consider fucking another man to be immoral.

I'm not found of any "fucking" between another other than one man and one women in marriage. And no, I don't view two men and two men as a marriage, sorry.

Why not?
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Well, you clearly ain't fond of us if you consider fucking another man to be immoral.

Well, ain't that just fine and dandy. Nobody cares; it don't give you the right to oppress people. Seriously, theocratic bullshit ain't reason enough to tyrannically oppress people.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:43 pm

And why should your religious views have any relevance on a civil matter?
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 pm

I don't view you as a man. I think you're actually a robot here to make our lives miserable.

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Well that's a logical and rivetting argument that proves your side effectively. :roll:
Whether or not you like it, you don't provide any basis for your argument that they don't deserve the same rights as another fellow man/sinner, and that you have the right to judge them for an action that harms nobody.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Thafoo wrote:

I don't view you as a man. I think you're actually a robot here to make our lives miserable.

I wouldn't be surprised, actually. No, seriously.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:
The Traditional Catholic Papal States wrote:Which country do I live in? And again, your jumping around. The tread title is "Mod-Sanctioned LGBT Rights & Issues Thread", not how "parents oppress their children"

Brazil, but ultra-sex-negative morality mores and especially sexist, patriarchal oppressive gender roles leading to parents (especially fathers) committing violence against children (especially sons) was once (not so much ago) a worldwide thing and still prevalent in much of the United States.

I asked what country do I live in, because you to know, but once again, we are talking about people that view homosexual behavior committing violence against homosexuals. I acknowledge there are such things, but to say that all people that don't view homosexual behavior as equal to heterosexual behavior are going to go commit violence against homosexuals is B.S.
My Political Compass

About me:
Yes, I am Catholic. Yes, I believe in 100% in what The Church teaches and believes. This includes Abortion and "gay marriage" Don't like it? Don't care.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 pm

The Norgan Alliance wrote:
The Fascist American Empire wrote:Just give the gays, lesbians, trans, etc, what they want already. It'll get everybody to shut up about it. I mean, I'm a Christian, and I find that what goes on in your bedroom is your private business. Nobody else's.

Civil Unions apparently aren't enough. *shrug*

Of course they're not enough. When you create a system whereby states aren't bound by full faith and credit and one sthat do not allow or recognize them anymore than marriage because the term itself was invented so as to seperate the two and ENSURE that thesame rights aren't transferred; it's no wonder it "isn't enough"... It's "not enough" because it frankly does not accomplish the goal, which is same-sex partners getting the same civil legal rights in their union as those who are "married".

The easiest and best concept is to, guess what? Do same-sex marriage.... Same laws as opposite-sex marriage, just a slight redefine in legal terms to cover same-sex partners.... IF a church doesn't want to view it as valid? Fine, they don't have to, just like they (at present) don't view opposite sex marriages as valid for what-ever reasons.
Such heroic nonsense!

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Thafoo wrote:

Ad hominem much?
My Political Compass

About me:

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:Brazil, but ultra-sex-negative morality mores and especially sexist, patriarchal oppressive gender roles leading to parents (especially fathers) committing violence against children (especially sons) was once (not so much ago) a worldwide thing and still prevalent in much of the United States.

I asked what country do I live in, because you to know, but once again, we are talking about people that view homosexual behavior committing violence against homosexuals. I acknowledge there are such things, but to say that all people that don't view homosexual behavior as equal to heterosexual behavior are going to go commit violence against homosexuals is B.S.

What? :eyebrow:
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Political Stuff I Wrote

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:46 pm

The Scientific States wrote:
The Norgan Alliance wrote:Civil Unions apparently aren't enough. *shrug*

If you're willing to give people civil unions, why not give them marriage?

Marriage means a lot to most people, both straight and gay people alike. Nobody gets down on their knees and says "Will you Civil Union me?"

Including the religious. To us marriage isn't just a word, it is a covenant between two people, a man and a woman, that was created by God.

And if you really don't want to have to say "Will you Civil Unionize with me?" then make up your own word. Sheila perhaps? "Will you Sheila me?" "We're getting Sheilad on the 22nd." "I'm completely for Gay Sheiling." I kinda like it.
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Marriage means a lot to most people, both straight and gay people alike. Nobody gets down on their knees and says "Will you Civil Union me?"

Including the religious. To us marriage isn't just a word, it is a covenant between two people, a man and a woman, that was created by God.

And if you really don't want to have to say "Will you Civil Unionize with me?" then make up your own word. Sheila perhaps? "Will you Sheila me?" "We're getting Sheilad on the 22nd." "I'm completely for Gay Sheiling." I kinda like it.

Nobody cares about what your religion says. Nobody. Seriously, keep it to yourselves and in your own communities. We might not want to deal with that bullshit.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

How about "marry"? I like the sound of that.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Thafoo wrote:I don't view you as a man. I think you're actually a robot here to make our lives miserable.

Ad hominem much?

No, not really.

Now, to the point- marriage is not a Christian institution- it's an institution hijacked by Christianity. It doesn't belong to Christianity.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
Thafoo wrote:I don't view you as a man. I think you're actually a robot here to make our lives miserable.

I wouldn't be surprised, actually. No, seriously.

Ah, yes. Since you can't convince me that homosexual behavior is equal to heterosexual behavior, I'm "not a man" and you appear to be breaking one of the rules. I'm a man and I wish that you use to correct pronouns when addressing me, thank you.
My Political Compass

About me:

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Religious people do not own the word, pure and simple. Sharing is a good thing. Me and mine being married does not harm you and yours in any way whatsoever.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

The Traditional Catholic Papal States wrote:Ad hominem much?

I don't think youre allowed to cry "fallacy!" after a bunch of your posts.
Last edited by Vettrera on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, actually. No, seriously.

Ah, yes. Since you can't convince me that homosexual behavior is equal to heterosexual behavior, I'm "not a man" and you appear to be breaking one of the rules. I'm a man and I wish that you use to correct pronouns when addressing me, thank you.

It isn't against the rules to call you a robot.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm

It's called sarcasm. :roll:

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Wait... you want us to prove that homosexual behavior is equal to heterosexual behavior? The fuck? Why?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm

You're kidding.

Gay marriage doesn't affect you, your life is not going to end because two men or woman get married. I don't really think your God gives a shit, why would he. Why would your god waste time in caring about homosexuality, instead of dealing with more pressing issues?

Anyways, to gay people marriage isn't a word either, it means a lot to everyone, and having a simple civil union isn't enough.
Compass
Political Stuff I Wrote

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Religion doesn't determine how the state should label things. What if the state made everything a civil union?

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Thafoo wrote:

It isn't against the rules to call you a robot.

It is flaming, and once again, I will ask you again, I'm a man and I wish you to address me as such.
My Political Compass

About me:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives