NATION

PASSWORD

Mod-Sanctioned LGBT Rights & Issues Thread

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 pm

In honor of the occasion, why not grant a new trial to all convicted felons?

After all, many of them actually are what they say there are ...innocent.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 pm

The Traditional Catholic Papal States wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:He was fired for not complying with company policy.

Correct, and so what the principle at a Catholic School for engaging in behavior that the Church sees as immoral,

So what's the problem?
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 pm

KISS Nation wrote:I reject the notion that young children can choose/were born with/whatever different genders than their sex. We must consider everyone to have the same sex as their gender initially, and when they reach the age of majority they can do whatever they want.

Which hurts trans* children psychologically. Many of us KNOW from a young age that we're not the gender typically associated with our sex.

KISS Nation wrote:
Tekania wrote:
It's okay that you believe that.... Licensed and trained professionals who have studies these sorts of things disagree with your opinion. As such, I take the suggestions and finding of professionals over laymen.

:roll: I'd hate to live in a world where I have to worry about calling a kid "little boy" and he shouts back at me that he considers himself a girl. Assume that people's sex=gender. I mean, the vast majority of people are. It's the same as assuming people are heterosexual.

If you think that being expected to use common fucking courtesy is a bad thing, then maybe we should pursue convincing people to use it even more.

Also, I have very serious concerns about you knowing a child's sex if you're not their doctor or family member.

Menassa wrote:I assume the Jews are a protected class as well, and making antisemitic statements about Jews based off religious belief is as well an issue.

I don't really compare the history of the Jews to the "struggle" of homosexuals, but I would not condone it but, antisemitic statements based on religion is still protected speech.

If you think that our struggle isn't real and comparable to the struggles of other minorities who've historically been persecuted for no legitimate reason, then you have problems with accepting reality.

KISS Nation wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Maybe that's fine for you, but it sure as hell ain't for transsexual people. Seriously, you got a problem with people's gender identity?

Hey, if people want to be a girl or whatever, that's cool, but let's not make up new genders to describe it.

Except, its not "making up new genders". Its recognizing ones that already fucking exist.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Anyone know the next places that are going to legalize same-sex marriage?
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:35 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Sibirsky wrote: :palm:
1. I did not claim that capitalism eliminated poverty.
2. I claimed capitalism has reduced poverty. That's a fact.
3. Africa is not capitalist.
4. Hundreds of millions of people have been lifted out of poverty in Asia, by capitalism.
5. Maybe you should not say things that's not relevant to the thread?

You're knowingly escalating the threadjack. This is about LGBT rights and issues, not why the free market is so flawless or whatever.

Do all of you have reading comprehension problems?
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Arumdaum wrote:Anyone know the next places that are going to legalize same-sex marriage?

Throw a dart at any country, see where it lands, make a prediction.

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Pope Joan wrote:In honor of the occasion, why not grant a new trial to all convicted felons?

Wat.

The Traditional Catholic Papal States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
Again, your not understanding my point. And they are not killed for "being gay", they are killed for homosexual behavior, and that is unjust. But I well say it again, I, and many "homophobes" don't view someone's sexual act or their attractions as part of their identity.

Yes, because "homosexual behavior" is so totally bad. Yes, having sex with another man, or thinking about guys while you masturbate, is so God damn bad. Oh, it's the end of the world! Oh, if we allow it then Satan shall return! :palm:

I tell can tell your very hostile, but I will respond anyway. Yes, some people, such as myself don't view homosexual behavior as "natural", "good" and currently not an expression of love. And show me where I said "then Satan shall return"?
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

About me:
Yes, I am Catholic. Yes, I believe in 100% in what The Church teaches and believes. This includes Abortion and "gay marriage" Don't like it? Don't care.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Arumdaum wrote:Anyone know the next places that are going to legalize same-sex marriage?

The most liberal western jurisdictions that have not already done so?
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:You're knowingly escalating the threadjack. This is about LGBT rights and issues, not why the free market is so flawless or whatever.

It doesn't matter what he said regarding the free market; please stop encouraging threadjacking.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:You're knowingly escalating the threadjack. This is about LGBT rights and issues, not why the free market is so flawless or whatever.

I'd say no, considering most of us are trying to stay true to the topic at hand. Which is LGBT RIGHTS AND ISSUES. If someone's comments really piss you off so badly, TG them or something.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

The Traditional Catholic Papal States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Grenartia wrote:
KISS Nation wrote:I reject the notion that young children can choose/were born with/whatever different genders than their sex. We must consider everyone to have the same sex as their gender initially, and when they reach the age of majority they can do whatever they want.

Which hurts trans* children psychologically. Many of us KNOW from a young age that we're not the gender typically associated with our sex.

KISS Nation wrote: :roll: I'd hate to live in a world where I have to worry about calling a kid "little boy" and he shouts back at me that he considers himself a girl. Assume that people's sex=gender. I mean, the vast majority of people are. It's the same as assuming people are heterosexual.

If you think that being expected to use common fucking courtesy is a bad thing, then maybe we should pursue convincing people to use it even more.

Also, I have very serious concerns about you knowing a child's sex if you're not their doctor or family member.

I don't really compare the history of the Jews to the "struggle" of homosexuals, but I would not condone it but, antisemitic statements based on religion is still protected speech.

If you think that our struggle isn't real and comparable to the struggles of other minorities who've historically been persecuted for no legitimate reason, then you have problems with accepting reality.

KISS Nation wrote:Hey, if people want to be a girl or whatever, that's cool, but let's not make up new genders to describe it.

Except, its not "making up new genders". Its recognizing ones that already fucking exist.

No, I don't compare the goal of wanting people to view homosexual behavior as an expression of love as the same as the struggles of other minorities.
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

About me:
Yes, I am Catholic. Yes, I believe in 100% in what The Church teaches and believes. This includes Abortion and "gay marriage" Don't like it? Don't care.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Yes, because "homosexual behavior" is so totally bad. Yes, having sex with another man, or thinking about guys while you masturbate, is so God damn bad. Oh, it's the end of the world! Oh, if we allow it then Satan shall return! :palm:

I tell can tell your very hostile, but I will respond anyway. Yes, some people, such as myself don't view homosexual behavior as "natural", "good" and currently not an expression of love. And show me where I said "then Satan shall return"?

That opinion is wrong. Homosexuality is caused by biology, and is found in most mammal species; the idea that it ain't natural is fucking ridiculous. And I was mocking the ridiculous idea that homosexuality is a bad thing.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Uganda, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, and India.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Kelinfort wrote:

Throw a dart at any country, see where it lands, make a prediction.

TBH, I'm thinking Colorado or a state on the Eastern Seaboard will legalize it.

Maybe a European country.
Forever a Communist

KISS Nation
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Grenartia wrote:Except, its not "making up new genders". Its recognizing ones that already fucking exist.

So if I went up to someone in the medieval era, and somehow I knew their word for "gender", and I said, "hello, do you know what an agendered person is?" they would instantly be able to tell me about their cousin who was agendered and their extensive knowledge on it? These are invented genders, in addition to man and woman.
Government is a business, and it should be in business.

-Gene Simmons
Last KISS Concert: 6/29/14

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Yes, because "homosexual behavior" is so totally bad. Yes, having sex with another man, or thinking about guys while you masturbate, is so God damn bad. Oh, it's the end of the world! Oh, if we allow it then Satan shall return! :palm:

Is it unacceptably wrong if it does not harm anyone?

KISS Nation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Pope Joan wrote:In honor of the occasion, why not grant a new trial to all convicted felons?

But he was convicted of homosexuality.

-Gene Simmons

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Blasveck wrote:Are you aware of the history of violence against homosexuals?

Yes, and violence against homosexuals is wrong but I don't believe that not approving of homosexual behavior is going to lead me to committing violence against an homosexual. 1. Plus, I believe in all of human history, the Jew and ethnic minorities have faced a lot of discrimination than homosexuals. 2. Plus, I don't view the goal of homosexual activists of changing the people like me opinion's on homosexuality or make us shut up are equal to voting rights for ethnic minorities or religious rights for Jews.

3. This comes down to the view that homosexual activists have that unchosen sexual orientation/attraction is equal to someone's skin color, eye color or hair color, that just because someone does not choose to have such feelings must mean someone is born with them. That is simply not true. 4. There are many characteristics that are unchosen but implanted after birth.

1. Actually, they're about the same.

2. Of course you wouldn't, because you don't support us, but you support Jews.

3. It is.

4. Doesn't make oppressing us for those characteristics any less wrong, especially when there's nothing inherently wrong with them.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:39 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Except, its not "making up new genders". Its recognizing ones that already fucking exist.

So if I went up to someone in the medieval era, and somehow I knew their word for "gender", and I said, "hello, do you know what an agendered person is?" they would instantly be able to tell me about their cousin who was agendered and their extensive knowledge on it? These are invented genders, in addition to man and woman.

No it ain't. It's called a man mentally being a woman or vice-versa.

KISS Nation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Astograth wrote:

Is it unacceptably wrong if it does not harm anyone?

It vastly contributes to the spread of STDs and medical issues related to homosexual acts.

-Gene Simmons

KISS Nation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
KISS Nation wrote:So if I went up to someone in the medieval era, and somehow I knew their word for "gender", and I said, "hello, do you know what an agendered person is?" they would instantly be able to tell me about their cousin who was agendered and their extensive knowledge on it? These are invented genders, in addition to man and woman.

No it ain't. It's called a man mentally being a woman or vice-versa.

Well, in that case, they're a woman.

Mystery solved. I'm not against trans people, but I am against making up new genders to describe them.

-Gene Simmons

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:40 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Astograth wrote:Is it unacceptably wrong if it does not harm anyone?

It vastly contributes to the spread of STDs and medical issues related to homosexual acts.

Hooray for generalizations.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 pm

KISS Nation wrote:

Heterosexual sex spreads STDs too, you know. Should that be banned? Oh, wait, heterosexuality is superior to homosexuality somehow, so of course not! :roll:

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 pm

KISS Nation wrote:

So does straight anal sex, pregnancy, and blood transfusions. Use protection and it's fine.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives