NATION

PASSWORD

Mod-Sanctioned LGBT Rights & Issues Thread

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Thori wrote:
Blasveck wrote:
It isn't a lifestyle, sorry.

Then what is it?

A sexual orientation. Getting boners from guys and not girls. Wanting to fuck a guy's ass and not a girl's.

Thori
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Thori » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Lenciland wrote:
Thori wrote:Personally, I disagree with Homosexuality at the very core of the lifestyle.
Am I a hateful bigot? I don't think holding an opinion against a perverse lifestyle is hateful. But then again, I've been proven wrong before.

Why you hatin on another human man?

Not hating. I simply disagree.
The Dominion of Thori
Thorium

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Yes. There's absolutely no rational reason to keep it illegal.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tatooene
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tatooene » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Why do we have another thread about this?
Pretty much all left wingers say yes.
The majority of right wingers say no.
The arguments of both sides have been used so many times I could quote them in my sleep.
There is nothing to discuss here that hasn't been said a thousand times.
Just your basic wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Pro: Bacon, Pittsburgh Steelers, 80's Music, Star Wars.
Anti: Salad, Denver Broncos, One Direction, Justin Bieber, The "Brony" fad.
Yes, I know that it's spelled "Tatooine" and not "Tatooene," but the correct spelling was already taken, so don't bug me about it.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Thori wrote:
Lenciland wrote:Why you hatin on another human man?

Calling someone "perverse" is more than simple disagreement.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Oil exporting People wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:

But Homosexuals don't spread their genes naturally.

Ha ha, ha, ha. Good one. Sperm banks totally don't exist. Oh, wait, they do, and they are perfectly natural a way to procreate.

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Thori wrote:
Lenciland wrote:Why you hatin on another human man?

Then what is your secular valid reason for not wanting it legalized.
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Thori wrote:
Blasveck wrote:
It isn't a lifestyle, sorry.

Then what is it?

A sexual orientation.

No, we don't know the exact causes, but we do know it isn't a choice.
Forever a Communist

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Thori wrote:Personally, I disagree with Homosexuality at the very core of the lifestyle.
Am I a hateful bigot? I don't think holding an opinion against a perverse lifestyle is hateful. But then again, I've been proven wrong before.

Homosexuality is as much of a lifestyle as heterosexuality. Which is to say, it isn't a lifestyle.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Need a name wrote:Not sure, still debating with myself whether it should be legal.

Yes. It should. Hey, why not? At least in the US.
piss

Thori
Lobbyist

Postby Thori » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
Thori wrote:Then what is it?

A sexual orientation. Getting boners from guys and not girls. Wanting to fuck a guy's ass and not a girl's.

That's...a lifestyle. Their "sexual orientation" and sexual acts are a part of the particular way in which they live. Lifestyle.
The Dominion of Thori
Thorium

Need a Name
Senator

Founded: Oct 22, 2012

Postby Need a Name » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
Need a name wrote:
Homosexuality is frowned upon in the bible, but people should be able to make their own decisions.

No it ain't. The Torah is homophobic, but the Torah is a Jewish book, and only applies to Jews. For a Christian to follow Jewish scriptures would be an act of heresy.

It's in the bible, it's just in the old testament. And I'm pretty sure it says some about it in the new testament too.
I'm a Christian and a Patriot
“Right is Right even if nobody does it. Wrong is wrong even if everybody is wrong about it.”― G.K. Chesterton

"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -- George S. Patton Jr.

"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day." -- Jesus Christ

For: Christianity, America, NATO, EU, Israel, Effective Education Reform, The US Military, Social Capital, and Compromise
Against: Radical fundamentalism, Militant Atheism, Current US Congress, Ignorance, and ISIS (obviously).

Lenciland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Thori wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:A sexual orientation. Getting boners from guys and not girls. Wanting to fuck a guy's ass and not a girl's.

That's...a lifestyle. Their "sexual orientation" and sexual acts are a part of the particular way in which they live. Lifestyle.

It's a genetic trait.
Quotes:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Cthulu be praised!!

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Need a name wrote:
Duvniask wrote:What is there to doubt?

Homosexuality is frowned upon in the bible, but people should be able to make their own decisions.

You just answered yourself, man.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Thori wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:A sexual orientation. Getting boners from guys and not girls. Wanting to fuck a guy's ass and not a girl's.

Fine. People live the oh so evil lifestyle of fucking men. Big whoop. Heterosexuality is a lifestyle under that definition, and nobody complains about it. I fail to see the big deal.

Thori
Lobbyist

Postby Thori » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Geilinor wrote:

Is heterosexuality a lifestyle too?

Yep
The Dominion of Thori
Thorium

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Need a name wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:No it ain't. The Torah is homophobic, but the Torah is a Jewish book, and only applies to Jews. For a Christian to follow Jewish scriptures would be an act of heresy.

It's in the bible, it's just in the old testament. And I'm pretty sure it says some about it in the new testament too.

No, there is no explicit condemnation of homosexuality found anywhere within the Bible.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Lenciland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Need a name wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:No it ain't. The Torah is homophobic, but the Torah is a Jewish book, and only applies to Jews. For a Christian to follow Jewish scriptures would be an act of heresy.

In the US we have a secular government meaning that your book written by a man in the clouds is an invalid excuse for not liking something, deal with it.
Quotes:

Cthulu be praised!!

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Thori wrote:

Why is it a bad way to live?
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Thori wrote:

No, sexual orientation is about who you are attracted to. That isn't a lifestyle, but an inherent part of who you are.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Your opinion is perverse.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Need a name wrote:

And the Old Testament's law was fulfilled with the coming of the Messiah and was, thus, invalidated and no longer has any religious meaning to anyone who isn't a follower of Judaism.

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Lenciland wrote:But in the US religion can't get involved with the state so the Bible is not a valid excuse for being hateful.

Is it not a valid source for individuals to form their own opinions?

Lenciland wrote:It's a genetic trait.

Prove it.
Last edited by Oil exporting People on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Syndicalist
“The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers and the prayers of the faithful.” - Julius Evola
Endorsing Greg "Grab 'em by the Neck" Gianforte and Brett "I Like Beer" Kavanaugh for 2020

Tatooene
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tatooene » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Lenciland wrote:
Thori wrote:That's...a lifestyle. Their "sexual orientation" and sexual acts are a part of the particular way in which they live. Lifestyle.

It's a genetic trait.

You're kind of arguing the same point. It is a trait (Sexual orientation) that affects the way a person lives. You're both right, just coming from different sides.
Just your basic wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Pro: Bacon, Pittsburgh Steelers, 80's Music, Star Wars.
Anti: Salad, Denver Broncos, One Direction, Justin Bieber, The "Brony" fad.
Yes, I know that it's spelled "Tatooine" and not "Tatooene," but the correct spelling was already taken, so don't bug me about it.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Lenciland wrote:
Need a name wrote:

In the US we have a secular government meaning that your book written by a man in the clouds is an invalid excuse for not liking something, deal with it.

Man, I 'm an agnostic myself, but please, don't be so demeaning to Christians which actually have a respectful, live and let live attitude towards homosexuals. You just make our side look bad and fuel the "secularists are anti-Christian!" drivel spouted by fundies.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives