NATION

PASSWORD

Mod-Sanctioned LGBT Rights & Issues Thread

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Astograth wrote:Is it unacceptably wrong if it does not harm anyone?

It vastly contributes to the spread of STDs and medical issues related to homosexual acts.

Generalizations, eh?
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:No it ain't. It's called a man mentally being a woman or vice-versa.

Well, in that case, they're a woman.

Mystery solved. I'm not against trans people, but I am against making up new genders to describe them.

Nobody is saying that we should.

KISS Nation
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
KISS Nation wrote:It vastly contributes to the spread of STDs and medical issues related to homosexual acts.

Heterosexual sex spreads STDs too, you know. Should that be banned? Oh, wait, heterosexuality is superior to homosexuality somehow, so of course not! :roll:

Heterosexual relations also do the same, yes. They are harmful. I never said homosexual relations were not superior or inferior or whatever, I was stating fact.
Government is a business, and it should be in business.

-Gene Simmons
Last KISS Concert: 6/29/14

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:Do all of you have reading comprehension problems?

It doesn't matter what he said regarding the free market; please stop encouraging threadjacking.

I'm not the one encouraging it. I am the one addressing misconceptions and outright false claims.
New Frenco Empire wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:Do all of you have reading comprehension problems?

I'd say no, considering most of us are trying to stay true to the topic at hand. Which is LGBT RIGHTS AND ISSUES. If someone's comments really piss you off so badly, TG them or something.

Is that why you deliberately attribute false claims to others?

/threadjack
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

KISS Nation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
KISS Nation wrote:Well, in that case, they're a woman.

Mystery solved. I'm not against trans people, but I am against making up new genders to describe them.

Nobody is saying that we should.

Yes, they are. Man, woman, cisgendered man, cisgendered woman, agender, man-to-woman, woman-to-man... the list goes on.

-Gene Simmons

The Traditional Catholic Papal States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Grenartia wrote:
The Traditional Catholic Papal States wrote:
Yes, and violence against homosexuals is wrong but I don't believe that not approving of homosexual behavior is going to lead me to committing violence against an homosexual. 1. Plus, I believe in all of human history, the Jew and ethnic minorities have faced a lot of discrimination than homosexuals. 2. Plus, I don't view the goal of homosexual activists of changing the people like me opinion's on homosexuality or make us shut up are equal to voting rights for ethnic minorities or religious rights for Jews.

3. This comes down to the view that homosexual activists have that unchosen sexual orientation/attraction is equal to someone's skin color, eye color or hair color, that just because someone does not choose to have such feelings must mean someone is born with them. That is simply not true. 4. There are many characteristics that are unchosen but implanted after birth.

1. Actually, they're about the same.

2. Of course you wouldn't, because you don't support us, but you support Jews.

3. It is.

4. Doesn't make oppressing us for those characteristics any less wrong, especially when there's nothing inherently wrong with them.

If you're going to make science your standard, then use science. There is no proof that homosexual attractions are inborn or if persons with homosexual attractions don't act on their desires, they will somehow explode. You're right, I don't view the want to people to view homosexual behavior as an expression of love the same as rights for ethnic minorities or the religious rights of Jews.
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

About me:
Yes, I am Catholic. Yes, I believe in 100% in what The Church teaches and believes. This includes Abortion and "gay marriage" Don't like it? Don't care.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Grenartia wrote:

3. It is.

4. Doesn't make oppressing us for those characteristics any less wrong, especially when there's nothing inherently wrong with them.

If you're going to make science your standard, then use science. There is no proof that homosexual attractions are inborn or if persons with homosexual attractions don't act on their desires, they will somehow explode. You're right, I don't view the want to people to view homosexual behavior as an expression of love the same as rights for ethnic minorities or the religious rights of Jews.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/ ... e-says-no/
http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/ ... rientation

Yet...straight people can act on their sexual desires in marriage? I don't follow your argument.
Last edited by Kelinfort on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:45 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:No it ain't. It's called a man mentally being a woman or vice-versa.

All genders - specifically gender roles - are made up. What you consider to be a "woman" differs radically from, say, the indigenous Polynesian concept of "woman". I'd be more interested in knowing what's so horrific about "making up new genders"; does it harm anyone?

KISS Nation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Astograth wrote:

All genders - specifically gender roles - are made up. What you consider to be a "woman" differs radically from, say, the indigenous Polynesian concept of "woman". I'd be more interested in knowing what's so horrific about "making up new genders"; does it harm anyone?

It confuses the hell out of me.

-Gene Simmons

Astograth
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:48 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Astograth wrote:All genders - specifically gender roles - are made up. What you consider to be a "woman" differs radically from, say, the indigenous Polynesian concept of "woman". I'd be more interested in knowing what's so horrific about "making up new genders"; does it harm anyone?

I forgot society was designed to suit your pettiness.

KISS Nation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby KISS Nation » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Astograth wrote:
KISS Nation wrote:It confuses the hell out of me.

I forgot society was designed to suit your pettiness.

Not just me, most people. The world isn't anything like NSG.

-Gene Simmons

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:49 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Astograth wrote:All genders - specifically gender roles - are made up. What you consider to be a "woman" differs radically from, say, the indigenous Polynesian concept of "woman". I'd be more interested in knowing what's so horrific about "making up new genders"; does it harm anyone?

So?
Forever a Communist

Astograth
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:51 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Astograth wrote:I forgot society was designed to suit your pettiness.

Not just me, most people. The world isn't anything like NSG.

Considering NSG is so frequently racist, classist, pseudo-intellectual and homophobic I am very glad for that.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Kelinfort wrote:

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/ ... e-says-no/
http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/ ... rientation

Yet...straight people can act on their sexual desires in marriage? I don't follow your argument.

I think according to my posts, you can figure out what I believe on appropriate expressions of sexual behavior. I 'm not going to get a warning or a ban because I said something against the rules. The second link, did I ever say that sexual attraction was a choice? I have stated before that in most cases, it is unchosen, but that does not make it inborn. The idea that expression of sexuality is a right or a human right is a new idea, only about forty years old.
Last edited by The Traditional Catholic Papal States on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass

About me:
Yes, I am Catholic. Yes, I believe in 100% in what The Church teaches and believes. This includes Abortion and "gay marriage" Don't like it? Don't care.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:51 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
I haven't been asked the pegging question, but I have been asked others.

Really? That seems to be a rather common question addressed to bisexuals.

But yeah, pegging is considered heterosexual. It is between a man and a woman, after all.

We should, uh...we should probably stop. :unsure:

I think the only reason I haven't been asked it is because I don't think many people in areas where I've lived are even aware it exists.

Yeah, lets stop here.

Kelinfort wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:Anyone know the next places that are going to legalize same-sex marriage?

Throw a dart at any country, see where it lands, make a prediction.

Or state.

I for one, would like to see it legalized in Louisiana and Tennessee, but Louisiana is more likely, so I'm going to predict it'll be the next one.

Grenartia wrote:
Which hurts trans* children psychologically. Many of us KNOW from a young age that we're not the gender typically associated with our sex.

If you think that being expected to use common fucking courtesy is a bad thing, then maybe we should pursue convincing people to use it even more.

Also, I have very serious concerns about you knowing a child's sex if you're not their doctor or family member.

If you think that our struggle isn't real and comparable to the struggles of other minorities who've historically been persecuted for no legitimate reason, then you have problems with accepting reality.

Except, its not "making up new genders". Its recognizing ones that already fucking exist.

No, I don't compare the goal of wanting people to view homosexual behavior as an expression of love as the same as the struggles of other minorities.

I'm aware. And you're factually wrong for thinking as such.

KISS Nation wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Except, its not "making up new genders". Its recognizing ones that already fucking exist.

So if I went up to someone in the medieval era, and somehow I knew their word for "gender", and I said, "hello, do you know what an agendered person is?" they would instantly be able to tell me about their cousin who was agendered and their extensive knowledge on it? These are invented genders, in addition to man and woman.

No, you wouldn't, because back then, people thought there were only two genders, and oppressed/killed anybody who went contrary to that idea.

KISS Nation wrote:

My gender is not made up. Gender is not binary.

KISS Nation wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Nobody is saying that we should.

Yes, they are. Man, woman, cisgendered man, cisgendered woman, agender, man-to-woman, woman-to-man... the list goes on.

:palm: Those are all terms to more accurately described observed and confirmed phenomena.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Grenartia wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:Really? That seems to be a rather common question addressed to bisexuals.

But yeah, pegging is considered heterosexual. It is between a man and a woman, after all.

I think the only reason I haven't been asked it is because I don't think many people in areas where I've lived are even aware it exists.

Yeah, lets stop here.

Kelinfort wrote:Throw a dart at any country, see where it lands, make a prediction.

Or state.

I for one, would like to see it legalized in Louisiana and Tennessee, but Louisiana is more likely, so I'm going to predict it'll be the next one.

No, I don't compare the goal of wanting people to view homosexual behavior as an expression of love as the same as the struggles of other minorities.

KISS Nation wrote:So if I went up to someone in the medieval era, and somehow I knew their word for "gender", and I said, "hello, do you know what an agendered person is?" they would instantly be able to tell me about their cousin who was agendered and their extensive knowledge on it? These are invented genders, in addition to man and woman.

No, you wouldn't, because back then, people thought there were only two genders, and oppressed/killed anybody who went contrary to that idea.

KISS Nation wrote:Yes, they are. Man, woman, cisgendered man, cisgendered woman, agender, man-to-woman, woman-to-man... the list goes on.

:palm: Those are all terms to more accurately described observed and confirmed phenomena.

Louisiana, of all places?
Forever a Communist

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traditional Catholic Papal States » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Grenartia wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:Really? That seems to be a rather common question addressed to bisexuals.

Yeah, lets stop here.

Kelinfort wrote:Throw a dart at any country, see where it lands, make a prediction.

Or state.

KISS Nation wrote:So if I went up to someone in the medieval era, and somehow I knew their word for "gender", and I said, "hello, do you know what an agendered person is?" they would instantly be able to tell me about their cousin who was agendered and their extensive knowledge on it? These are invented genders, in addition to man and woman.

KISS Nation wrote:Yes, they are. Man, woman, cisgendered man, cisgendered woman, agender, man-to-woman, woman-to-man... the list goes on.

No, I'm not. Again, I believe this proves my point that the goal of homosexual activists did not end at "equal treatment" by governments and business, but change the deeply held religious beliefs of citizens. I don't understand how homosexual behavior is equal to someone skin colour. notice I did NOT say "attraction" or "orientation"
My Political Compass

About me:

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Nobody is saying that we should.

There are three simple things.

Cis (people like you), non-binary/genderqueer (people with "unusual" genders like agender go here) and binary transsexual (most of the women born in biological male bodies, or men born in biological female bodies).

You don't need to learn anything past this. If there is, the people will explain you personally themselves.
Aequalitia's bromancey mancrush.
Test: Seemingly, libertarian communism was renamed "social democracy"
Compass: economic left -9.85, social libertarian -8.97
Socio-Economic Ideology: Democratic Socialist (92% ditto/Marxist, 75% Anarchist/Social democrat, 0% etc)

Born 12/94. Weird in all senses starting at 07/2000. NSG's resident euro-carioca bara-fudanshi useless lazy perv. Agnostic atheist (not anti-religious), bi-affective homosexual/demiheterosexual (and bi-curious i.e. chronologically 95% bisexual-ish but 5% true bi), slightly more masculine of both tad neutral and tad ambiguous gender (human-/oneself-identified genderqueer; he, xe or ou, your preference), naturist, "worker" class, mildly hipster/japanophile, etc.

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:59 pm

The Traditional Catholic Papal States wrote:No, I'm not. Again, I believe this proves my point that the goal of homosexual activists did not end at "equal treatment" by governments and business, but change the deeply held religious beliefs of citizens. I don't understand how homosexual behavior is equal to someone skin colour. notice I did NOT say "attraction" or "orientation"

Not religious beliefs.

Anything saying we and our relationships are inferior will lead to families breaking, to teens hanging themselves, and to people being beaten to death by neo-Nazis.

You can't blame us for being aggressive at trying to end this, because most of us experience these problems very closely, often within the realm of our personal lives!
Aequalitia's bromancey mancrush.
Test: Seemingly, libertarian communism was renamed "social democracy"
Compass: economic left -9.85, social libertarian -8.97
Socio-Economic Ideology: Democratic Socialist (92% ditto/Marxist, 75% Anarchist/Social democrat, 0% etc)

Born 12/94. Weird in all senses starting at 07/2000. NSG's resident euro-carioca bara-fudanshi useless lazy perv. Agnostic atheist (not anti-religious), bi-affective homosexual/demiheterosexual (and bi-curious i.e. chronologically 95% bisexual-ish but 5% true bi), slightly more masculine of both tad neutral and tad ambiguous gender (human-/oneself-identified genderqueer; he, xe or ou, your preference), naturist, "worker" class, mildly hipster/japanophile, etc.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Grenartia wrote:

3. It is.

If you're going to make science your standard, then use science. 1. There is no proof that homosexual attractions are inborn or 2. if persons with homosexual attractions don't act on their desires, they will somehow explode. 3. You're right, I don't view the want to people to view homosexual behavior as an expression of love the same as rights for ethnic minorities or the religious rights of Jews.

1. I never said there was.

2. Ah, but repression has been demonstrated to have negative effects on mental health.

3. And you're wrong for it. On all levels.

Blasveck wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Yeah, lets stop here.

Or state.

Louisiana, of all places?

Yeah. I explained it in-depth in the Utah SSM thread.

Basically, Louisiana's economy thrives on tourism, oil, seafood, and trade. Tourism is the most reliable, followed by trade (but only in areas accessible from the Gulf by large ships), and then oil and seafood are tied, with oil making seafood less reliable than the first two, as seen with the Deepwater Horizon spill. Therefore, Louisiana focuses heavily on tourism. Especially in the more populated cities, where there also exist significant pro-LGBT voter blocks. Legalizing SSM would only increase tourism revenue.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Grenartia wrote:

Yeah, lets stop here.

Or state.

No, I'm not. Again, I believe this proves my point that the goal of homosexual activists did not end at "equal treatment" by governments and business, but change the deeply held religious beliefs of citizens. I don't understand how homosexual behavior is equal to someone skin colour. notice I did NOT say "attraction" or "orientation"

You got a problem with LGBT people promoting us not being discriminated against by hyper-religious people? I, for one, would rather not lose my job for fucking another man.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Grenartia wrote:

If you're going to make science your standard, then use science. 1. There is no proof that homosexual attractions are inborn or 2. if persons with homosexual attractions don't act on their desires, they will somehow explode. 3. You're right, I don't view the want to people to view homosexual behavior as an expression of love the same as rights for ethnic minorities or the religious rights of Jews.

1. I never said there was.

2. Ah, but repression has been demonstrated to have negative effects on mental health.

3. And you're wrong for it. On all levels.

Blasveck wrote:Louisiana, of all places?

Yeah. I explained it in-depth in the Utah SSM thread.

Basically, Louisiana's economy thrives on tourism, oil, seafood, and trade. Tourism is the most reliable, followed by trade (but only in areas accessible from the Gulf by large ships), and then oil and seafood are tied, with oil making seafood less reliable than the first two, as seen with the Deepwater Horizon spill. Therefore, Louisiana focuses heavily on tourism. Especially in the more populated cities, where there also exist significant pro-LGBT voter blocks. Legalizing SSM would only increase tourism revenue.

Any polling on the support for SSM in Louisiana?

I mean, last I checked, they lean pretty starkly to the right.
Forever a Communist

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 pm

KISS Nation wrote:
Pope Joan wrote:In honor of the occasion, why not grant a new trial to all convicted felons?

After all, many of them actually are what they say there are ...innocent.

But he was convicted of homosexuality.

Okay, what was wrong with that was the law and not the defendant. But it is too late to make amends; this is a mostly empty gesture. So instead let's try to do a better job of providing the living with justice.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Grenartia wrote:

Yeah, lets stop here.

Or state.

No, I'm not. 1. Again, I believe this proves my point that the goal of homosexual activists did not end at "equal treatment" by governments and business, but 2. change the deeply held religious beliefs of citizens. 3. I don't understand how homosexual behavior is equal to someone skin colour. 4. notice I did NOT say "attraction" or "orientation"

1. No. We only want equality. Demanding more than equality is not only wrong, but would also legitimize your oppression of us.

2. Not anymore than you wish to change ours.

3. Because there's no legitimate reason to discourage it, because it deprives nobody of their rights without informed consent.

4. I'm aware. And my point still stands.

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:05 pm

They used to castrate gays in the UK?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives