NATION

PASSWORD

All Your TET Are Belong To Us!

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scott W Pilgrim
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scott W Pilgrim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:56 pm

TET. Have a cup of tea. You seem tense.
We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff.
I'm not letting Bunny achieve world domination. Why? Bunny has not made his campaign platform clear. Does he support abortion, or same-sex marriage? What are his key issues? What is his background, and does he have any outstanding points going for, or against him?
Psst! I'm actually Thafoo!

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

New Laikland wrote:
Taoju wrote:Still unacceptable in today's times.

Not quite. Infact, incredibly accepted. Especially when you realize that European culture is full of things like homosexuality and freedom of speech and ideas, and gender neutrality, it becomes a hell of a better idea. In fact, the Romans didn't even enslave people because they were black, they enslaved people based on social class.

I sure missed the whole "social class" bit while I was living in Rome.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Taoju
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

New Laikland wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:Not really. Not when it comes to society at least.

Equality is looking at others as your equal, which is not wrong, it is an actually sound position to take. Again, it comes with understanding one another.

@Divair; I understand your position, but the overall position is to be a more understanding person. Begin on that, and the rest will follow.

Equality is bad, Neutrality is good. Equality is deliberately placing a group on top of a pedestal to force them to become equal, and force others to accept it. Neutrality is simply treating everyone/everything the same without separating into little groups.

Equality is desired.

Why? So people can actually have the bloody opportunity to become great.
The Republic of Taoju ― Tauzhur Mineli ― Таужур Минули

New Laikland
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Lianhua wrote:Really? Even after Mussolini said of Fascism that it was a totalitarian ideology and totalizing way of life for the Italian people?

His version of Fascism may have been, but before Hitler influenced it, not quite.

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Scott W Pilgrim wrote:TET. Have a cup of tea. You seem tense.

Fight me, Tofu.
Very soft
Song

New Laikland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Lies and Ignorance wrote:The boy is starving, give him enough bread to fucking fill his stomach. The man doesn't need a "man's half", if he's working he can go to fucking Starbucks and get a fucking bagel.

This was a hypothetical situation where you have a man and a child, and the man would have to do things like cut wood and fish, and all they had was that loaf of bread to start with.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

New Laikland wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:And how can the child grow strong if he only receives a "child's" share?

As an adult male, I can operate longer on less than the child can. Welcome to biology 101, I'll be your teacher.

The child can't grow strong in one day on a loaf of bread, but the man can use the strength from it to work harder, to provide even more for the child.

The adult male still consumes and burns more calories than the child. Of course, over time that can change, but right up front, giving more strength to the man rather than the child makes more sense. Over time, a man on a small portion of food would begin to grind down, bringing in less productivity.

It makes sense to someone who has no idea about nutritional requirements, caloric expenditure, and basic biology, sure.

Since that seems to be you, I'll grant that it makes sense to you.

A full grown man does not need as much food as a child does. Children require MORE calories than adults do, because not only do they have to fuel every day activities, they have to fuel growth.

So if you want to stunt your population's growth, and basically recreate North Korea, sure. Starve the kid.

Saveyou Island
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Off to take a shower. Behave,TET.
Ambassador Jack Fort, author of GA#264
Anything I posted before 2016 is stupid and should be ignored. That partially includes GA 264.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Lies and Ignorance wrote:Why is an adult man supposedly more entitled to bread than a starving child? What is this idiocy?

I don't find it making much sense either.

I mean, like I said, plenty of times my dad gave me half his meal while we were working in the sun, half his drinks, half everything. Or sometimes he would go without a drink to give it to me. I respect him for that, and, as well as correct his faults upon my children and be better than he was at certain things, I hope to become at least half the man he is on the things he is particularly good at.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Oooh, a tofu puppet. Hello, tofu puppet.
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

New Laikland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:I sure missed the whole "social class" bit while I was living in Rome.

There's too many ways to interpret this sentence, care to elaborate?

Taoju wrote:Why? So people can actually have the bloody opportunity to become great.

Neutrality allows them to do just that. Instead of "Oh, we have a black guy as a president now" It's simply "we have a new president".

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

I wish I could do more to encourage this movement..

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Nobody expects Scott Pilgrim!

21 y.o. Sine-Japanese female from Tokyo, Japan; Song Xingyiquan/Dai Xinyiquan/Xinyi Liuhe Quan. Sister+Lover of Kapao Pango & Nabeshima. <3.

Careful, jack. My patience has limits, unlike my Kung Fuuuuuuuu.. (^~^) - Lian Sifu

Resistance is futile if less than one ohm.
Remember this, and you shall go far.
Taoist-Buddhist; apparently retainer and daughter of Divair and Stern des Meeres, and sister to Aeken.

I love you, -New Sealand-! Why so pretty, Chinese lady? <3 RenaxJiao!
Quotes about me go here, because I still want a sig, tyvm. Also, Esternial
ヽ(^Д^)ノ Bee doo bee doo bee doo! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

New Laikland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:It makes sense to someone who has no idea about nutritional requirements, caloric expenditure, and basic biology, sure.

A full grown man does not need as much food as a child does. Children require MORE calories than adults do, because not only do they have to fuel every day activities, they have to fuel growth.

So if you want to stunt your population's growth, and basically recreate North Korea, sure. Starve the kid.

I'm sure you're an expert on it with many years of education, yeah?

Surely, if you understood such subjects, you'd realize that bread has a fairly low amount of calories and nutrition, but a lot of carbohydrates, which create energy. Nutrition hardly plays a part here.

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

New Laikland wrote:
Taoju wrote:Why? So people can actually have the bloody opportunity to become great.

Neutrality allows them to do just that. Instead of "Oh, we have a black guy as a president now" It's simply "we have a new president".

Neutrality is nice, but it is established through equality. Want neutrality? Cooperate and use equality as the means.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Divair wrote:I wish I could do more to encourage this movement..

Signs, talkings, wishes to payment forward.

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

New Laikland wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:And how can the child grow strong if he only receives a "child's" share?

As an adult male, I can operate longer on less than the child can. Welcome to biology 101, I'll be your teacher.

The child can't grow strong in one day on a loaf of bread, but the man can use the strength from it to work harder, to provide even more for the child.

The adult male still consumes and burns more calories than the child. Of course, over time that can change, but right up front, giving more strength to the man rather than the child makes more sense. Over time, a man on a small portion of food would begin to grind down, bringing in less productivity.

Nope, still doesn't make sense to me.

If the he/she is working, then he/she could purchase food for his/her child and for him/herself. Both get their food, both are stronger. Then the child can work to take care of their parent in the future.

We Filipinos strive to do that to our parents.
Last edited by Meritocratic States on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is now being retired.
Good-night, sweet prince.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

New Laikland wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:All those swastikas, writings and that peculiar colour scheme of their party flag are just coincidences, amirite? It's simple: Golden Dawn is led by scum and supported by scum. It is good that the party leaders are prosecuted, for parliaments should not be places where the leaders of criminal organizations can run free.

Swastikas? You mean those ancient Greek symbols that have been used for thousands of years before Nazism, even Germany existed? The leaders won't lose, Golden Dawn is just about in the Putsch stage of it's power.

No. When I say swastikas, I mean swastikas:

In pictures taken during the first congress of Golden Dawn in February 1990, the congress hall is decorated with the Swastika and the Wolfsangel.

There are many cases in which Golden Dawn members have appeared to give a Nazi salute. The founder of the party, Nikolaos Michaloliakos, appeared to give a Nazi salute in the Athens city council. He claims that it was merely "the salute of the national youth organisation of Ioannis Metaxas". The party states its logo is a traditional Greek meander, not a Nazi symbol.

In May 2012, Golden Dawn ran in Greek elections under the slogan "So we can rid this land of filth". On his post-election statement, the leader, Nikolaos Michaloliakos, had placed a marble eagle on an obvious position on his desk, which according to media reports bears similarity to the eagle of the Nazi Third Reich. After the elections, Eleni Zaroulia, a Golden Dawn MP, wore an iron cross ring during her inauguration, a symbol which has been associated with Nazism. As depicted in a picture taken on 14 September 2012, Panagiotis Iliopoulos, another Golden Dawn MP, has a tattoo reading the Nazi greeting Sieg Heil.

And some other symbols and gestures, because nazis such as Golden Dawn just cannot live without such vulgarities.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

New Laikland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Taoju wrote:Neutrality is nice, but it is established through equality. Want neutrality? Cooperate and use equality as the means.

Equality just pulls in the opposite direction. Equality is essentially racism or sexism and whatnot.

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Lianhua wrote:

Ooh fancy~

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Lianhua wrote:

We're having tea? Let's start a tea party ceremony. May I join?
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Scott W Pilgrim
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scott W Pilgrim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Lianhua wrote:

Which cup of tea is the Holy Grail, however?

Drink from the wrong one, and die.
We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff.
I'm not letting Bunny achieve world domination. Why? Bunny has not made his campaign platform clear. Does he support abortion, or same-sex marriage? What are his key issues? What is his background, and does he have any outstanding points going for, or against him?
Psst! I'm actually Thafoo!

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

New Laikland wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:I sure missed the whole "social class" bit while I was living in Rome.

There's too many ways to interpret this sentence, care to elaborate?

Basically Rome did not have slavery because of social class. Slaves were like the greeks and other dominated peoples, who became slaves because they were forced into slavery by being conquered, indentured servitude is a different concept than slavery.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

New Laikland wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:It makes sense to someone who has no idea about nutritional requirements, caloric expenditure, and basic biology, sure.

I'm sure you're an expert on it with many years of education, yeah?

Surely, if you understood such subjects, you'd realize that bread has a fairly low amount of calories and nutrition, but a lot of carbohydrates, which create energy. Nutrition hardly plays a part here.

In your analogy, the bread's all they get. So you have to maximize expenditure of resources. You're talking out both sides of your mouth.

Also, nice Ad Hom. I have a BMBS, I know a little about biology.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:
Divair wrote:I wish I could do more to encourage this movement..

Signs, talkings, wishes to payment forward.

I've started. Posted this on FB:
Let us take this opportunity not only to mourn the loss of one of the greatest men to walk this Earth, but to make the world a better place. Mandela believed in love over hatred, but that can only be achieved when we all make the choice to be better people. I plan on starting today. From this day forth, I choose tolerance over discrimination. I choose love over hatred. I choose equality over difference. I commit myself to making the world we live in a better place. How about you?

I'll spread the word at the office & school tomorrow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives