NATION

PASSWORD

All Your TET Are Belong To Us!

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Scott W Pilgrim wrote:TET. Have a cup of tea. You seem tense.

TET is tense at the moment. That always happens when fascists decide to ruin the atmosphere.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Lies and Ignorance
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lies and Ignorance » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 pm

I literally had to physically leave my computer and take a breather.

I'm better now. Hi guys. I'm going to be on the sidelines, because if I engage too much it'll be bad for my blood pressure.
✡☭♀

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Scott W Pilgrim wrote:
Lianhua wrote:Nobody expects Scott Pilgrim!

Which cup of tea is the Holy Grail, however?

Drink from the wrong one, and die.

:rofl:
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Gallowfield
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallowfield » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Good evening, fellow TETers! How are all of you?
Facts are arbitrary. Pleasure is the only truth.
I worship tea.
Here's why I prefer strength over brains- beating a computer at chess is hard, but beating a computer at kickboxing is something anyone can do.
Violence isn't the answer. It's a question and the answer is yes.

Someday, I shall meet Lian and learn the ways of Chinese martial arts, or die trying. More likely the latter, admittedly.

New Laikland
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:No. When I say swastikas, I mean swastikas:

In pictures taken during the first congress of Golden Dawn in February 1990, the congress hall is decorated with the Swastika and the Wolfsangel.

There are many cases in which Golden Dawn members have appeared to give a Nazi salute. The founder of the party, Nikolaos Michaloliakos, appeared to give a Nazi salute in the Athens city council. He claims that it was merely "the salute of the national youth organisation of Ioannis Metaxas". The party states its logo is a traditional Greek meander, not a Nazi symbol.

In May 2012, Golden Dawn ran in Greek elections under the slogan "So we can rid this land of filth". On his post-election statement, the leader, Nikolaos Michaloliakos, had placed a marble eagle on an obvious position on his desk, which according to media reports bears similarity to the eagle of the Nazi Third Reich. After the elections, Eleni Zaroulia, a Golden Dawn MP, wore an iron cross ring during her inauguration, a symbol which has been associated with Nazism. As depicted in a picture taken on 14 September 2012, Panagiotis Iliopoulos, another Golden Dawn MP, has a tattoo reading the Nazi greeting Sieg Heil.

And some other symbols and gestures, because nazis such as Golden Dawn just cannot live without such vulgarities.

In 1990, maybe. Surely they've developed since then?

Nazi salute or Roman salute?

The "rid the land of the filth" thing hardly relates to Racism and whatnot, but sure. A marble eagle... in Greece? No way! I mean, it's not like Greeks and Romans have used those eagles thousands of years ago, before the Nazis stole them! Show me the pictures of them, instead of giving me some twisted media garbage.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Gallowfield wrote:Good evening, fellow TETers! How are all of you?

Mourning.

Taoju
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

TET is tense at the moment. That always happens when fascists decide to ruin the atmosphere.

They cross moral event horizon way too fucking often.

Drown me in tea.
The Republic of Taoju ― Tauzhur Mineli ― Таужур Минули

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Lies and Ignorance wrote:I literally had to physically leave my computer and take a breather.

I'm better now. Hi guys. I'm going to be on the sidelines, because if I engage too much it'll be bad for my blood pressure.

:hug:
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Lies and Ignorance wrote:I literally had to physically leave my computer and take a breather.

I feel that way whenever I get embroiled in a vitriolic argument. I've since learned that the best way is just to avoid those sort of arguments altogether.
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Gallowfield
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallowfield » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Divair wrote:
Gallowfield wrote:Good evening, fellow TETers! How are all of you?

Mourning.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that! What happened? :(
I worship tea.
Here's why I prefer strength over brains- beating a computer at chess is hard, but beating a computer at kickboxing is something anyone can do.

Someday, I shall meet Lian and learn the ways of Chinese martial arts, or die trying. More likely the latter, admittedly.

Scott W Pilgrim
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scott W Pilgrim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

...Fascists?

*foams at mouth, hides it with tea*
We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff.
I'm not letting Bunny achieve world domination. Why? Bunny has not made his campaign platform clear. Does he support abortion, or same-sex marriage? What are his key issues? What is his background, and does he have any outstanding points going for, or against him?
Psst! I'm actually Thafoo!

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Uieurnthlaal wrote:

I feel that way whenever I get embroiled in a vitriolic argument. I've since learned that the best way is just to avoid those sort of arguments altogether.

If nobody fed the troll, how would it grow big and stronk?

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Gallowfield wrote:
Divair wrote:Mourning.

Madiba died.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

Let's fix that.

New Laikland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:In your analogy, the bread's all they get. So you have to maximize expenditure of resources. You're talking out both sides of your mouth.

Also, nice Ad Hom. I have a BMBS, I know a little about biology.

It's all they get to start with. They have to divide it properly first, then the man can cut wood and fish and hunt or whatnot. I'm sure a child can survive a few days with a portion of bread.

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Seeya~ :hug:

New Laikland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

I agree, they always seem to irritate us.

Lies and Ignorance
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lies and Ignorance » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:

Uieurnthlaal wrote:

Outside the internet, fascists don't really exist right?
✡☭♀

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

New Laikland wrote:In 1990, maybe. Surely they've developed since then?

Nazi salute or Roman salute?

The "rid the land of the filth" thing hardly relates to Racism and whatnot, but sure. A marble eagle... in Greece? No way! I mean, it's not like Greeks and Romans have used those eagles thousands of years ago, before the Nazis stole them! Show me the pictures of them, instead of giving me some twisted media garbage.

Regardless of the purpose, calling people "filth" is not really nice.

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Taoju wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:TET is tense at the moment. That always happens when fascists decide to ruin the atmosphere.

They cross moral event horizon way too fucking often.

Drown me in tea.

Granted. Now, if you would just step right in...

Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Gallowfield
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallowfield » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Divair wrote:
Gallowfield wrote:

Madiba died.

Oh, yes. That is quite sad. I hate losing people who played important roles in history.
I worship tea.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

New Laikland wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:In your analogy, the bread's all they get. So you have to maximize expenditure of resources. You're talking out both sides of your mouth.

Also, nice Ad Hom. I have a BMBS, I know a little about biology.

It's all they get to start with. They have to divide it properly first, then the man can cut wood and fish and hunt or whatnot. I'm sure a child can survive a few days with a portion of bread.

The same way an adult can maximize total growth of the next generation by feeding the child properly and expending stocked resources from fat.

You know, those resources he has naturally more of.

Taoju
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taoju » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 pm

New Laikland wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:TET is tense at the moment. That always happens when fascists decide to ruin the atmosphere.

The iroooonyyyyyyyyy

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:07 pm

New Laikland wrote:

Yeah.

Pretty sure they referring to you.
This nation is now being retired.
Good-night, sweet prince.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

New Laikland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Laikland » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:07 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:The same way an adult can maximize total growth of the next generation by feeding the child properly and expending stocked resources from fat.

You know, those resources he has naturally more of.

I didn't realize a child can create a brand new generation in a few days, sorry.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives