NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread: With A Little Help From My Friends

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Menassa wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:Hello, NSGers.

Shalom Aleichem.

I don't speak a lick of Hebrew but I'll assume that was a greeting. Hello Menassa.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Menassa wrote:Shalom Aleichem.

I don't speak a lick of Hebrew but I'll assume that was a greeting. Hello Menassa.

"Hello upon you"
At least in modern Hebrew.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Menassa wrote:Shalom Aleichem.

It was, the traditional greeting.

Hello my friend, how are you?
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Freelanderness, I saw the TET Pantheon. I want to be apart of it. Am I allowed to start a new section of the TET Pantheon?
If so; Demon-Gods. :p

Demon-God of Everything Evil - Valkyrie (Vaxon) < Add this. :p
Greetings, If you're reading this, YOU ARE A STALKER!
Now, in all seriousness, I am an American Male.
Greater Mackonia wrote:"A car carrying a Communist a Capitalist and a Fascist breaks down, the Communist implores for the three to unite and push the car forward, though it may take significant time and misery. The Capitalist declares that the three should hire a taxi, though it will be costly and the taxi only has room for two. The Fascist gets in the car, sounds the horn and pretends the car is still moving."

-A Mack Saying.

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Why does coin mining have to be so damn technical? I've followed all the instructions. I've set it up exact. It's detecting blocks to mine, but isn't mining them. Get to work you bum! I didn't built you to sit there and look pretty!

Well, kinda.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Vaxon wrote:Freelanderness, I saw the TET Pantheon. I want to be apart of it. Am I allowed to start a new section of the TET Pantheon?

I declare myself Demon-God of Fire, Arcturus. I enjoy fire.
Menassa wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:I don't speak a lick of Hebrew but I'll assume that was a greeting. Hello Menassa.

It was, the traditional greeting.

I'm doing good.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Lordieth wrote:Why does coin mining have to be so damn technical? I've followed all the instructions. I've set it up exact. It's detecting blocks to mine, but isn't mining them. Get to work you bum! I didn't built you to sit there and look pretty!

Well, kinda.

I told you it wasn't worth it ;)

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Vaxon wrote:Freelanderness, I saw the TET Pantheon. I want to be apart of it. Am I allowed to start a new section of the TET Pantheon?

I vote against the inclusion of Vaxon in any list, for I am the Ancient Adversary. I object, I oppose and I reject all that corrupts and furthers the spreading of lies.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

I vote against the inclusion of Vaxon in any list, for I am the Ancient Adversary. I object, I oppose and I reject all that corrupts and furthers the spreading of lies.

The Pantheon died months ago anyhow.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Lordieth wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Or a reconnaissance drone carrying a bottle of fine Syrah Malbec. That should trigger a response.

Would getting an empty bottle hurled our way be a positive or negative sign?

Offering accepted. Hermit status still in effect.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Zottistan wrote:
Stattr wrote:So.. bored... but it was fun at boyfriends house. We watched hellboy II.

It's such a terrible movie. :b

That's just because your soul is dead. Hellboy II was a very pleasant movie.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Menassa wrote:It was, the traditional greeting.

I'm doing good.

That's good, anything interesting going on?
Last edited by Menassa on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Divair wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:I vote against the inclusion of Vaxon in any list, for I am the Ancient Adversary. I object, I oppose and I reject all that corrupts and furthers the spreading of lies.

The Pantheon died months ago anyhow.

As the Ancient Adversary, this pleases me.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Divair wrote:The Pantheon died months ago anyhow.

As the Ancient Adversary, this pleases me.

Good.

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Zottistan wrote:It's such a terrible movie. :b

That's just because your soul is dead. Hellboy II was a very pleasant movie.

My soul is dead. Hurd's legendary wit. :P

It really wasn't.
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm

I should mash ibuprofen into this ice cream. It's the only way forward.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Divair wrote:
Lordieth wrote:Why does coin mining have to be so damn technical? I've followed all the instructions. I've set it up exact. It's detecting blocks to mine, but isn't mining them. Get to work you bum! I didn't built you to sit there and look pretty!

Well, kinda.

I told you it wasn't worth it ;)

Keeps telling me there are new blocks on the network. All well on good, but it won't mine then. ¬_¬

Gallade wrote:
Lordieth wrote:
Would getting an empty bottle hurled our way be a positive or negative sign?

Offering accepted. Hermit status still in effect.

I'm not sure we want a boozy hermit ambling around TET. You might start offering sage advice and suggest we all live in caves.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Zottistan wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:That's just because your soul is dead. Hellboy II was a very pleasant movie.

It really wasn't.

It was entertaining to watch. That's all I ever ask for from a film.

Combat Homelessness

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Zottistan wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:That's just because your soul is dead. Hellboy II was a very pleasant movie.

It really wasn't.

Maybe you should watch it again when you're older, your senses may lack the kind of sophistication that comes with age.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 pm

div

www.wbgo.org (listen now)
till the hour
40 minutes of the blues

and the boss agrees, no test plan for a month, 3 month process, and written by a team, whew.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:?_?

It's been a while since I watched the film and longer since I read the novel but the quote is not directly Evey's, IIRC. It belongs to Valerie, I think.

Technically she is reading Valeri's TP, so I didn't know who to attribute it to, so I picked the shorter name.
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:div

http://www.wbgo.org (listen now)
till the hour
40 minutes of the blues

and the boss agrees, no test plan for a month, 3 month process, and written by a team, whew.

oo, thanks for that. The ad on that site reminded me about Avishai. He was playing at a jazz bar in Tel Aviv one night, and a friend of mine was one of the trumpeters with the local band. Got to watch for free. Damn, he's good.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Freelanderness wrote:
DesAnges wrote:It's been a while since I watched the film and longer since I read the novel but the quote is not directly Evey's, IIRC. It belongs to Valerie, I think.

Technically she is reading Valeri's TP, so I didn't know who to attribute it to, so I picked the shorter name.

I think the attribution should go to Valerie but I understand the laziness :p
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Gallade wrote:
Zottistan wrote:My soul is dead. Hurd's legendary wit. :P

It really wasn't.

It was entertaining to watch. That's all I ever ask for from a film.

I didn't enjoy it much.
Hurdegaryp wrote:
Zottistan wrote:My soul is dead. Hurd's legendary wit. :P

It really wasn't.

Maybe you should watch it again when you're older, your senses may lack the kind of sophistication that comes with age.

Well played.
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives