NATION

PASSWORD

TET 78: Gooble Gobble, Gooble Gobble, One of Us, One of Us

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Vaxon wrote:
DesAnges wrote:So what you're saying is, you're writing music? Oh you special little snowflake you.

Making good dub actually takes a lot of work. It's just like writing any other piece of music.

Oh haha. I was wondering when Mr. Sarcasm was going to get here.

I've been here for a while, you've been ignoring my posts.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:40 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Vaxon wrote:
I said MOST of the generation. Not all. That means some parts of the world, for now, are immune. Or have less dubstep lovers than the rest of the world.

Please explain to me how you have reached the conclusion that 51% of your generation are going into the music industry as either Artists or DJs? Because that isn't the case and has never been the case. Liking terrible music !- making that music or being a radio DJ.

Most doesn't mean "half". It means close to half, around half, or more than half. I don't have time to dig around looking for the exact percentage.
Greetings, If you're reading this, YOU ARE A STALKER!
Now, in all seriousness, I am an American Male.
Greater Mackonia wrote:"A car carrying a Communist a Capitalist and a Fascist breaks down, the Communist implores for the three to unite and push the car forward, though it may take significant time and misery. The Capitalist declares that the three should hire a taxi, though it will be costly and the taxi only has room for two. The Fascist gets in the car, sounds the horn and pretends the car is still moving."

-A Mack Saying.

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:40 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Vaxon wrote:
Oh haha. I was wondering when Mr. Sarcasm was going to get here.

I've been here for a while, you've been ignoring my posts.

Haven't you noticed everyone else's posts?
Greater Mackonia wrote:"A car carrying a Communist a Capitalist and a Fascist breaks down, the Communist implores for the three to unite and push the car forward, though it may take significant time and misery. The Capitalist declares that the three should hire a taxi, though it will be costly and the taxi only has room for two. The Fascist gets in the car, sounds the horn and pretends the car is still moving."

-A Mack Saying.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:40 pm

New Maldorainia wrote:
New haven america wrote:Don't get me started with Directioneers... >_>

People like that always make me think they are in a cult.

They truly fucking scare me.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Vaxon wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Please explain to me how you have reached the conclusion that 51% of your generation are going into the music industry as either Artists or DJs? Because that isn't the case and has never been the case. Liking terrible music !- making that music or being a radio DJ.

Most doesn't mean "half". It means close to half, around half, or more than half. I don't have time to dig around looking for the exact percentage.

Most means more than half. Quite obviously.

You might be thinking of 'much'.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Imperia Mlytoria wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:God, this guy is just the cutest ^-^
I know, right? It's like, "d'aww, he thinks he's people."

I was talking about an incredibly adorable guy I was hitting on, but whatever you're talking about is still valid.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Vaxon wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Please explain to me how you have reached the conclusion that 51% of your generation are going into the music industry as either Artists or DJs? Because that isn't the case and has never been the case. Liking terrible music !- making that music or being a radio DJ.

Because not many people like dubstep.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Vaxon wrote:
DesAnges wrote:I've been here for a while, you've been ignoring my posts.

I have. It wasn't that difficult to keep up, in honesty.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Imperia Mlytoria
Envoy

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperia Mlytoria » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Imperia Mlytoria wrote:I know, right? It's like, "d'aww, he thinks he's people."

I was talking about an incredibly adorable guy I was hitting on, but whatever you're talking about is still valid.
... Oh, I thought you were talking about the adorable little tween over here, Vaxon, who thinks dubstep is da beshtesht.

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Vaxon wrote:

Most means more than half. Quite obviously.

You might be thinking of 'much'.

I am sick. It's late. And my brain is refusing to let me use proper english.
Sorry.

-A Mack Saying.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Esternial wrote:Some serious drama related to one my friends and her boyfriend.

That friend being my ex, as well.

Guess I shouldn't blame it on that, though. I've been feeling sapless for much longer than today.

That's not good, brother. I'd try and offer advice but I might fall asleep at any moment.

Don't sweat it, mate.

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:43 pm

New haven america wrote:
New Maldorainia wrote:
People like that always make me think they are in a cult.

They truly fucking scare me.

More so then zombies.
The Walrus God of NS (arch-nemesis to Big Jim), plus a really strange Jewish cowboy libertarian conservative (Fusionism) believe in Laissez-faire free trade capitalism. Most people call me Mal, Mald, or Maldo.
Nanatsu no Tsuki is my Big Sis Grumpy Cat. She calls me Maru.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. ----Rod Serling, from "The Obsolete Man".

Zionist, deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: 8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/270530
I side with ... | Political Compass Chart
No surprise

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:43 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Implying I have a bulky speaker system. I just have $20 earbuds.

I mean in general, it's a better investment for me since I can have portable kickass sound with anti-human deafening technology to boot.

Indeed.

Vaxon wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Implying I have a bulky speaker system. I just have $20 earbuds.

You're only 8?

That certainly explains your attitude. But not your lack of appreciation for anything but dubstep.

Elvis, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, Aerosmith, The Steve Miller Band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Guns n Roses, some Johnny Cash covers, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots (fyi, they were influenced by Black Flag), Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Foo Fighters, Bush, Alice Cooper, etc.

I estimated. I don't f-cking care about math over the weekend, let alone right now at this hour. Plus I'm sick.
I was born in 1999. So in 2075, I'll be well over 70.

You better start caring. Or at least estimating better (2000 would've been better, nice round number, closer to your actual age, etc.), not to mention it avoids confusion. Seriously, somebody else could've reported you as underage for that little math error.

Math, kids. Its SRS BSNS.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:43 pm

New haven america wrote:
New Maldorainia wrote:
Really? That is what his fans call themselves.

Don't get me started with Directioneers... >_>

Or the pants of the One Direction guys to make them look like one... rhymes with direction.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:43 pm

New Maldorainia wrote:
New haven america wrote:They truly fucking scare me.

More so then zombies.

Way more than zombies.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Vaxon wrote:

I have. It wasn't that difficult to keep up, in honesty.

... For me it is. I'm a fast reader. But I can't pay attention to everything at once. I'm not some sort of super omnipotent and omnipresent human that can post before you even respond.

-A Mack Saying.

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Grenartia wrote:
I mean in general, it's a better investment for me since I can have portable kickass sound with anti-human deafening technology to boot.

Indeed.

Vaxon wrote:
I estimated. I don't f-cking care about math over the weekend, let alone right now at this hour. Plus I'm sick.
I was born in 1999. So in 2075, I'll be well over 70.

You better start caring. Or at least estimating better (2000 would've been better, nice round number, closer to your actual age, etc.), not to mention it avoids confusion. Seriously, somebody else could've reported you as underage for that little math error.

I'm sorry. I am just in a bad mood because I'm sick. :/

-A Mack Saying.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Vaxon wrote:

1)Most means a majority which is at minimum over 50%. I chose 51% because 50.000000000000001% isn't as readable and takes longer to type.
2) A.K.A. I don't have a source and am pulling shit out of my ass.

Now if you are like "most of your generation" answer me a few quick questions: Have you ever been to a radio station? Have you ever worked at a radio station and do you know how the equipment works? Do you know what voice-tracking is? What is the diffrence between AM and FM radio? What are the various kinds of licenses that radio stations can get? What do those licenses qualify them to do?
Last edited by The Corparation on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Wytenigistan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wytenigistan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:46 pm

I really have to use the bathroom but someone has been in there for an hour. AN HOUR. >:(
Union busting is anti-capitalist, unpatriotic and self-destructive.
The Honker Banditess
Your mom's ***** was kosovo last night, just ask her how much iraq.
Right: 2.89
Libertarian: 5.23
Non-interventionist: 5.93
Cultural liberal: 3.22
United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999 wrote:When the Landfill comes to town, old people congeal to their rocking chairs and branch out like meat fungus.

Neoconstantius wrote:NSG: ad hoc ad hominem ad nauseum

Estado Paulista wrote:You can never have too much Xanax.

Kebaballah!

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Imperia Mlytoria wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:I was talking about an incredibly adorable guy I was hitting on, but whatever you're talking about is still valid.
... Oh, I thought you were talking about the adorable little tween over here, Vaxon, who thinks dubstep is da beshtesht.

Oh, no. But while dubstep can be fairly good party music, if nothing else, it's not the best. Grunge and metal are the best above all others.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Vaxon wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Indeed.

That's your body rejecting all that damn dubstep.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:46 pm

New haven america wrote:
New Maldorainia wrote:
More so then zombies.

Way more than zombies.

Stop.....walrus time.
The Walrus God of NS (arch-nemesis to Big Jim), plus a really strange Jewish cowboy libertarian conservative (Fusionism) believe in Laissez-faire free trade capitalism. Most people call me Mal, Mald, or Maldo.
Nanatsu no Tsuki is my Big Sis Grumpy Cat. She calls me Maru.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. ----Rod Serling, from "The Obsolete Man".

Zionist, deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: 8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/270530
I side with ... | Political Compass Chart
No surprise

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Vaxon wrote:

1)Most means more than a majority which is at minimum over 50%. I chose 51% because 50.000000000000001% isn't as readable and takes longer to type.
2) A.K.A. I don't have a source and am pulling shit out of my ass.

Now if you are like "most of your generation" answer me a few quick questions: Have you ever been to a radio station? Have you ever worked at a radio station and do you know how the equipment works? Do you know what voice-tracking is? What is the diffrence between AM and FM radio? What are the various kinds of licenses that radio stations can get? What do those licenses qualify them to do?

... I don't have time for bullcard right now. Normally, I'd argue. But, I'm sick and not in the mood to argue. So, I'll just pout and say "screw your music" and be on my way.

-A Mack Saying.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Wytenigistan wrote:I really have to use the bathroom but someone has been in there for an hour. AN HOUR. >:(

Probably fapping and having a hard time choosing what to fap to. Don;t judge them, we've all been in that position at some point in our lives.
Last edited by The Corparation on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Vaxon wrote:

That's your body rejecting all that damn dubstep.

No. It's my body rejecting that Japanese food.

-A Mack Saying.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives