NATION

PASSWORD

TET: What Didn't You Learn Today?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 am

DesAnges wrote:Well the good news is that my nan actually lasted the night at an old person's home for the first time.

The Philippines salutes you for your service.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:08 am

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Well the good news is that my nan actually lasted the night at an old person's home for the first time.

She usually ends up getting kicked out...
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 am

DesAnges wrote:
New England and The Maritimes wrote:The Philippines salutes you for your service.

She usually ends up getting kicked out...

You're at least trying to feed a Filipina's family and that is good enough as a sign of good will.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 am

The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:14 am

No plans and no shirt.
Too damn hot.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:16 am

Relevant

DesAnges wrote:She usually ends up getting kicked out...

You're at least trying to feed a Filipina's family and that is good enough as a sign of good will.

I'm confused.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:21 am

Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 am

Today in lang+lit we read the Bible. Why? Because reasons.

I swear I'll be dead by the end of this diploma.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:53 am

Divair wrote:Today in lang+lit we read the Bible. Why? Because reasons.

Bring the Skeptic's Annotated one to school.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 am

In the UK? The place sounds like a rural school in the south. :shock:
Last edited by Arumdaum on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:58 am

Arumdaum wrote:

In the UK? It sounds like a rural school in the south. :shock:

In fairness he is in the Home Counties. That's the closest to religious nutjobs you're going to get in the UK.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:19 am

Caregiver?

Speaking of surprises... Lentonitrat. A highly explosive nitrovasodilator.

Because it's almost pure PETN, aka the Boom to RDX's Bewm.
Last edited by Central and Eastern Visayas on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 am

DesAnges wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:In the UK? It sounds like a rural school in the south. :shock:

In fairness he is in the Home Counties. That's the closest to religious nutjobs you're going to get in the UK.

Such regions are even present in the Netherlands. Well, at least we know where they are; that way you can keep the more zealous part of the population more or less under control.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 am

Arumdaum wrote:

In the UK? The place sounds like a rural school in the south. :shock:

It's not a public school or a private religious school. Shouldn't be happening, even in the South.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:31 am

Divair wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:In the UK? The place sounds like a rural school in the south. :shock:

It's not a public school or a private religious school. Shouldn't be happening, even in the South.

To be fair, the translation of the Bible in the native European languages can be considered relevant for the development of European literature in general. Like it or not, the book has been quite influential.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Divair wrote:It's not a public school or a private religious school. Shouldn't be happening, even in the South.

To be fair, the translation of the Bible in the native European languages can be considered relevant for the development of European literature in general. Like it or not, the book has been quite influential.

We were reading it because "feminism bad"

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 am

Divair wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:To be fair, the translation of the Bible in the native European languages can be considered relevant for the development of European literature in general. Like it or not, the book has been quite influential.

And you were saying this is a secular school? Well, looks like they've been infiltrated by the religious right or UKIP. Run, Divair! Run like the wind!

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:35 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Divair wrote:We were reading it because "feminism bad"

And you were saying this is a secular school? Well, looks like they've been infiltrated by the religious right or UKIP. Run, Divair! Run like the wind!

The teacher was saying this, aye. We're having a debate on feminism in a week, too. Three guys vs three girls (none of them have strong opinions on it, she just chose them). Me and another bloke are moderators.

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:38 am

Divair wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:To be fair, the translation of the Bible in the native European languages can be considered relevant for the development of European literature in general. Like it or not, the book has been quite influential.

Should have been "feminazism bad." Well... that's how your teacher sees it.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am

Divair wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:And you were saying this is a secular school? Well, looks like they've been infiltrated by the religious right or UKIP. Run, Divair! Run like the wind!

The teacher was saying this, aye. We're having a debate on feminism in a week, too. Three guys vs three girls (none of them have strong opinions on it, she just chose them). Me and another bloke are moderators.

It always starts small. The uniforms with matching daggers usually come later.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Divair wrote:The teacher was saying this, aye. We're having a debate on feminism in a week, too. Three guys vs three girls (none of them have strong opinions on it, she just chose them). Me and another bloke are moderators.

agreed, as long as the uniforms are spiffy, who cares what they say.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Divair wrote:The teacher was saying this, aye. We're having a debate on feminism in a week, too. Three guys vs three girls (none of them have strong opinions on it, she just chose them). Me and another bloke are moderators.

What is this, Vultasia's school?

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:It always starts small. The uniforms with matching daggers usually come later.

agreed, as long as the uniforms are spiffy, who cares what they say.

Hm. Well, that's another name for The List. And here I was thinking we wouldn't need another culling this year.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 am

Divair wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:It always starts small. The uniforms with matching daggers usually come later.

What is this, Vultasia's school?

She runs it.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:57 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:agreed, as long as the uniforms are spiffy, who cares what they say.

Hm. Well, that's another name for The List. And here I was thinking we wouldn't need another culling this year.

the work must go on, it must always go on.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives