NATION

PASSWORD

TET: What Didn't You Learn Today?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 am

Yes, yes, die for me my little soldiers. Die for your queen.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 am

Three days into school, I still haven't heard a single ethnic slur.

Something is most thankfully wrong.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:56 am

Arglorand wrote:Three days into school, I still haven't heard a single ethnic slur.

Not enough vodka?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:57 am

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Arglorand wrote:Three days into school, I still haven't heard a single ethnic slur.

Not enough vodka?

That just might be it.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am

So, I took 20 minutes to make a flag gif like a complete idiot, and no, it didn't work.
Is there any way to make it work? :/

Also, hi TET.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Blekksprutia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blekksprutia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am

HorusLand wrote:So, I took 20 minutes to make a flag gif like a complete idiot, and no, it didn't work.

Also, hi TET.

It has to be tiny. Reaaally tiny.
KILLUGON and BERNIE SANDERS and my moirail, ERIDEL.
Founder of Kotturheim, home to my GAY POLECATS, who are TOO FABULOUS FOR YOU.
Arg: Blekk does that. The topics of same sex marriage and the human race's fight against idiocy motivate him to write some truly impressive and glorious rants that deserve to be remembered and sigged.
Zott: I see our Blekky has discovered the joys of amphetamines.
Horus: blekky you are blekky i am horus
Rio: Blekky you are the best person on this website. Figuratively, kiss me.
Blekky is like a bunny. He looks adorable, yet he might bite you till it hurts.
Veccy: you're the worst blekky
The Balkens: Blekk does that, he has been taught by NSG's greatest practitioners of Snark to Snark combat.
Napki: Marry me, Blekk
Aeq: Blekk, you are Jesus!!!

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 am

Arglorand wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Not enough vodka?

That just might be it.

Yeah, I know that it's early enough in the school year that nobody should be drinking yet out of depression.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:08 am

HorusLand wrote:So, I took 20 minutes to make a flag gif like a complete idiot, and no, it didn't work.

Also, hi TET.

107 x 71 pixels or less and less than 50kb.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:09 am

Arglorand wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Not enough vodka?

That just might be it.

Let's just assume there might be hope for humanity left after all. I know, it sounds utterly ridiculous. Can't blame a guy for having an occasional relapse into positivism, right?
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:09 am

Arumdaum wrote:

Also, hi TET.

107 x 71 pixels or less and less than 50kb.

Okay. Thanks. I'll try it. :3

Blekksprutia wrote:

Also, hi TET.

It has to be tiny. Reaaally tiny.

OK.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Hm. Well, that's another name for The List. And here I was thinking we wouldn't need another culling this year.

the work must go on, it must always go on.

It's a dirty job, but since I already bought the woodchipper...
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:11 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Arglorand wrote:That just might be it.

Let's just assume there might be hope for humanity left after all. I know, it sounds utterly ridiculous. Can't blame a guy for having an occasional relapse into positivism, right?

Hurd, have you been drinking? I told you to lay off the optimism-inducing beer Vultasia sent you.

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 am

How goes today TET?

And, I didn't learn how to play a piano whilst sky-diving. No, seriously, someone did that.
Greetings, If you're reading this, YOU ARE A STALKER!
Now, in all seriousness, I am an American Male.
Greater Mackonia wrote:"A car carrying a Communist a Capitalist and a Fascist breaks down, the Communist implores for the three to unite and push the car forward, though it may take significant time and misery. The Capitalist declares that the three should hire a taxi, though it will be costly and the taxi only has room for two. The Fascist gets in the car, sounds the horn and pretends the car is still moving."

-A Mack Saying.

Blekksprutia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Blekksprutia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Arglorand wrote:That just might be it.

Shun the optimist. Throw him into the volcano of global climate change and sadism as an offering to Satan and Dick Cheney.
Arg: Blekk does that. The topics of same sex marriage and the human race's fight against idiocy motivate him to write some truly impressive and glorious rants that deserve to be remembered and sigged.
The Balkens: Blekk does that, he has been taught by NSG's greatest practitioners of Snark to Snark combat.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am

I managed to edit a big post, on my phone, without screwing up. I feel Glorious.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I managed to edit a big post, on my phone, without screwing up. I feel Glorious.

Hi Five!
Greetings, If you're reading this, YOU ARE A STALKER!
Now, in all seriousness, I am an American Male.
Greater Mackonia wrote:"A car carrying a Communist a Capitalist and a Fascist breaks down, the Communist implores for the three to unite and push the car forward, though it may take significant time and misery. The Capitalist declares that the three should hire a taxi, though it will be costly and the taxi only has room for two. The Fascist gets in the car, sounds the horn and pretends the car is still moving."

-A Mack Saying.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:15 am

Blekksprutia wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Let's just assume there might be hope for humanity left after all. I know, it sounds utterly ridiculous. Can't blame a guy for having an occasional relapse into positivism, right?

Shun the optimist. Throw him into the volcano of global climate change and sadism as an offering to Satan and Dick Cheney.

That would be the same Dick Cheney who is in favour of marriage equality. Still wouldn't go hunting with the man (not that I'm a hunter anyway), but he actually has redeeming qualities besides being a medical miracle.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 am

3-12 months as a prognosis isn't bad I guess. Just enough to see me graduate, with any luck.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 am

That my brother is now in my Food for Fitness class. 0.o
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Aequalitia
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aequalitia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:27 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I managed to edit a big post, on my phone, without screwing up. I feel Glorious.

Lucky I use just a keyboard for writing posts. I got a smartphone, but if I going to post reply's, then it would be just painful bad.

Also, goddamm stupid throat of me, its feeling a bit painful now :(
This world got so much cliches, so much pretty cliches <3

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:27 am

Vaxon wrote:

Hi Five!

Weeeee!!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 am

I should eat. Should I eat? I should. I totally should eat.

There's chicken. I could eat chicken.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:32 am

The Holy Therns wrote:I should eat. Should I eat? I should. I totally should eat.

Eat the Chicken.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Aequalitia
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aequalitia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 am

The Holy Therns wrote:I should eat. Should I eat? I should. I totally should eat.

I see no argument to NOT eat chicken. But go you just eat only a chicken or some other things also?
This world got so much cliches, so much pretty cliches <3

Blekksprutia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Blekksprutia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Blekksprutia wrote:Shun the optimist. Throw him into the volcano of global climate change and sadism as an offering to Satan and Dick Cheney.

That would be the same Dick Cheney who is in favour of marriage equality. Still wouldn't go hunting with the man (not that I'm a hunter anyway), but he actually has redeeming qualities besides being a medical miracle.

what?
WITWC?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives