NATION

PASSWORD

TET: It's Super Cool Dance Heat, Come and Dance!

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:48 pm

I saw Vancouver once in Mass Effect 3.

If that's anything to go by, it looked pretty awesome.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

Seitonjin
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seitonjin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:49 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Arglorand wrote:On the subject of studying shit in university, I'm planning to study politics.

Unsurprisingly, considering what forum I am on right now.

I'm unsure on what to study. I want to teach but I can't choose a subject. Its either history or environmental science. And I also have other interests as well like writing. Overall, I'm quite confused.

Environmental science is actually pretty cool if I don't say so myself.
Seitonjin Jesangkut

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Arglorand wrote:
DesAnges wrote:...use a source? I know, it's unusual for NSG.

Next thing we know, you'll be using rational logic and arguments.

We can't have that.

Take him away.

My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:50 pm

I remember that episode of Red Dwarf. It was decidedly odd. Yes, odd. Moreso than usual in any case. >_>

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:50 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Arglorand wrote:Next thing we know, you'll be using rational logic and arguments.

We can't have that.

Take him away.

Was the puppet named Mr Flibbles? I think the episode was named Quarantine. :)
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

War Eagles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby War Eagles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Arglorand wrote:I saw Vancouver once in Mass Effect 3.

It looks awesome when Vanloser Casucks fans are destroying the downtown because they lost to the Bruins. Stay classy, Vancouver.

/this post is sarcasm
Last edited by War Eagles on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Lyra wrote:
War Eagles wrote:I'll drink to that.
That motto will bring you far on NS.
Grainne Ni Malley wrote: Stop being self-involved and beating yourself over the head for what you can't change. Just do the right thing now. :)

The Parkus Empire wrote:I think it's time we took Mother Nature down to Guantanamo and beat the living shit out of that bitch and until she bleeds freedom and clear skies.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:It's funny how after awhile the maniacs, fundamentalists, political extremists of every stripe and perverts of NSG seem more sane as a whole than 'normal society'.

Sucrati wrote:

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Seitonjin wrote:

How dare you.

Isn't it obvious? He is DesAnges. He dares because he can.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Lordieth wrote:
DesAnges wrote:

Indeed. And...

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I remember that episode of Red Dwarf. It was decidedly odd. Yes, odd. Moreso than usual in any case. >_>

IT WAS AN AWESOME EPISODE
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm

War Eagles wrote:

It looks awesome when Vanloser Casucks fans are destroying the downtown because they lost to the Bruins. Stay classy, Vancouver.

Sounds just like in Mass Effect 3, then, except the fans are replaced with the Reapers.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

Indeed. And...

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I remember that episode of Red Dwarf. It was decidedly odd. Yes, odd. Moreso than usual in any case. >_>

Hey now. I LIKE Red Dwarf. If I didn't like 'odd' I wouldn't hang around this place! :P

Inky Noodles
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inky Noodles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Arglorand wrote:Next thing we know, you'll be using rational logic and arguments.

We can't have that.

Take him away.

That looks like me when I'm all alone. :(
Transnapastain wrote:
Inky Noodles wrote:QUICK.

I WANNA ASK SOMEONE TO HOMECOMING.

whaddo I do?!

So I just met you
and this is crazy
but heres my number
homecoming maybe?

*not a valid offer.

~Trans, killing TET's since part 45.

San Leggera wrote:
Veceria wrote:People with big noses have big penises.
Even the females.

Especially the females. *nod*

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Belligerent Alcoholics wrote:Are you OK? :eyebrow:

It's a person called Inky Noodles in a thread that is not exactly known for its sanity in general. Do the math, beerguzzler.

18 year old Virginian

Ravens, O's, and Penguins fan

War Eagles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby War Eagles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Arglorand wrote:
War Eagles wrote:

Sounds just like in Mass Effect 3, then, except the fans are replaced with the Reapers.

Was there really a difference in 2011? :lol:
Retro Lyra wrote:
Grainne Ni Malley wrote: Stop being self-involved and beating yourself over the head for what you can't change. Just do the right thing now. :)

The Parkus Empire wrote:I think it's time we took Mother Nature down to Guantanamo and beat the living shit out of that bitch and until she bleeds freedom and clear skies.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:It's funny how after awhile the maniacs, fundamentalists, political extremists of every stripe and perverts of NSG seem more sane as a whole than 'normal society'.

Sucrati wrote:

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Red Dwarf was pretty entertaining, but that was only to be expected from a British scifi sitcom.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi TET. What's happening?
Last edited by Wind in the Willows on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

All you need to do is look out any window or door in the area and bam, instant beauty.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Indeed. And...

Hey now. I LIKE Red Dwarf. If I didn't like 'odd' I wouldn't hang around this place! :P

I didn't say anything to the contrary. I was just getting excitable. :D
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

War Eagles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby War Eagles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Inky Noodles wrote:
DesAnges wrote:

That looks like me when I'm all alone. :(

Aww Inky... :hug:
Retro Lyra wrote:

Sucrati wrote:

Seitonjin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seitonjin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Seitonjin wrote:How dare you.

Isn't it obvious? He is DesAnges. He dares because he can.

And you are Hurd. The person capable at making me urinate in my pants.
Seitonjin Jesangkut

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

War Eagles wrote:
Arglorand wrote:Sounds just like in Mass Effect 3, then, except the fans are replaced with the Reapers.

Was there really a difference in 2011? :lol:

When ice hockey fans destroy cities, the game doesn't end with a colorcoded ending.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Seitonjin wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:I'm unsure on what to study. I want to teach but I can't choose a subject. Its either history or environmental science. And I also have other interests as well like writing. Overall, I'm quite confused.

Environmental science is actually pretty cool if I don't say so myself.

Same here. Mainly because I want to do something about the Environment.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Seitonjin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seitonjin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Divair wrote:

All you need to do is look out any window or door in the area and bam, instant beauty.

Unless they riot.
Seitonjin Jesangkut

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm

I watched Red Dwarf once.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:54 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Seitonjin wrote:Environmental science is actually pretty cool if I don't say so myself.

Same here. Mainly because I want to do something about the Environment.

If you pick this career path, I will support you every step of the way from way over across the pond.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Arglorand wrote:On the subject of studying shit in university, I'm planning to study politics.

Unsurprisingly, considering what forum I am on right now.

Major in business admin and minor in psychology for me.

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:54 pm

God, I'm hungry.
Sun Wukong wrote:All hail Stern. Empress of Nerds. Dread-Queen of TeT.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"
Esternial wrote:You're a good student, Sterny.

You'll accomplish great things.

Or end up faced down in the gutter, completely wasted.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives