NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Esternial wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:I guess it's just a matter of waiting then. Anyone want to help me summon the Slem, in the meantime?

Now, now. It's not nice to say such things. The lad's been bullied enough, so leave him be. He's not bothering us at this time.

^ This. It's bad enough he got harassed out of the thread over time. And anyone who was involved in that ought to damn well be ashamed. Moving on.

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Katyuscha wrote:Nope.

I'm just an egotistical asshole who really wants to rule over a large group of people with an iron fist, just because I could.

So you're dictator number 774 thousand from II, gotcha.

I just want to be Xerxes. :c
Very soft
Song

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Ionian Knights wrote:Ever had one of those days where you're sitting there, at the end of it scratching your head, trying to figure out wtf just happened?

Yes. Quite frequently.

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Slem's back?! :lol:
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:Cats are amazing. They're lazy most of the time to preserve their energy for their hunts, as I'm sure you know. :lol:

Dawww, shtop. :3

I've seen how lions do. They lay out in the sun all day and you would think they don't have a care in the world, but when it's time to catch some game, they exert full force to capture their pray. Nature's warriors.
Last edited by The Truth and Light on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Vareiln wrote:So, I leave for a minute, and my cat appears out of nowhere to bite my laptop's charging cable. Mind you, my laptop is broken, and the charging cable is was on top of it in a near unreachable place.
I have no idea how my cat got it down, nor where he came from.

Ah cats. We're rather peculiar. Aren't we? :p
Right... peculiar... that's the word to describe you Nana... peculiar...
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:39 pm

I was thinking about something and felt like putting it here to see what you guys think (and in a friendly manner).

Evolution. I believe in it, but not in the same way many do. I believe in it happening between members of the same group, but somehow I don't see a man evolving from, say, an ape. It's not really that I think the other take is wrong nor that your own take on the subject is. Just another musing.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Ionian Knights wrote:Slem's back?! :lol:

Just not on the forums as I've seen thus far.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Dawww, shtop. :3

I've seen how lions do. They lay out in the sun all day and you would think they don't have a care in the world, but when it's time to catch some game, they exert full force to capture their pray. Nature's warriors.

Dawww, you're too much.

Continue. :p
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I was thinking about something and felt like putting it here to see what you guys think (and in a friendly manner).

Evolution. I believe in it, but not in the same way many do. I believe in it happening between members of the same group, but somehow I don't see a man evolving from, say, an ape. It's not really that I think the other take is wrong nor that your own take on the subject is. Just another musing.

That's because the apes we know today and the apes we're descended from(Well, we are still apes, so...) are very different animals.
Now obviously, we share a common ancestor with them.

Technopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Technopolis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Ionian Knights wrote:Slem's back?! :lol:

'Fraid not. He's still around, apparently, so you could TG him if you want to.
17 year old pansexual furfag in a polyamorous relationship. Thug life aint easy, yo. Go check out my surprisingly safe for work blog and I will feel better about myself. This is my face.
Big fan of nationalizing essential services, transport and infrastructure, equal rights, income redistribution, companies collectively owned by the workforce, free speech and separating church and state. Poltest, yourmorals.
MT/PMT:A group of tropical islands filled with furries and ran by an AI. IC population of 80 million and military of 45k.
FT: Several large, self sustaining space stations. Like, really large. IC pop of a billion and a military of 500k. Still run by an AI and still neck deep in furry nonsense.
'Linguam Latinam Mortuam'

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Yeah, cats ... have to admit, I kinda wubs ours. Bless their furry little butts. Tiger is the biggest - fluffy grey stripes, Aki is the calico, somewhat long-haired as well. Moose is a little darker than platinum grey, short hair. And Sammi is part Siamese/Tigerstriped, beautiful blue eyes, and the most adorable damn cat ever. Very quiet, follows us around everywhere, loves everyone and just seems happy to be here. Rescue cat, that one. Wubs. ^_^

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Esternial wrote:Now, now. It's not nice to say such things. The lad's been bullied enough, so leave him be. He's not bothering us at this time.

^ This. It's bad enough he got harassed out of the thread over time. And anyone who was involved in that ought to damn well be ashamed. Moving on.

I apologize. I don't think I'm one of the people who harassed him, but I feel bad about it.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I was thinking about something and felt like putting it here to see what you guys think (and in a friendly manner).

Hmmm. Well, I think the idea is that humans and other apes have a common ancestor. Evolution is one of those things that some people have a knack of understanding better than others. It personally boggles my mind, even though I accept it as fact.
Last edited by The Truth and Light on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Vareiln wrote:

That's because the apes we know today and the apes we're descended from(Well, we are still apes, so...) are very different animals.

Well, yes. Perhaps we share common ancestors with other animals too.
Slava Ukraini

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Yeah, cats ... have to admit, I kinda wubs ours. Bless their furry little butts. Tiger is the biggest - fluffy grey stripes, Aki is the calico, somewhat long-haired as well. Moose is a little darker than platinum grey, short hair. And Sammi is part Siamese/Tigerstriped, beautiful blue eyes, and the most adorable damn cat ever. Very quiet, follows us around everywhere, loves everyone and just seems happy to be here. Rescue cat, that one. Wubs. ^_^

Are they purring?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Vareiln wrote:That's because the apes we know today and the apes we're descended from(Well, we are still apes, so...) are very different animals.

Well in the end every form of life on earth shares the same sort of protoplasm...

... except for Michelle Bachmann. I swear to god that thing is a torture device put here by aliens with a really bad sense of humor.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:43 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:^ This. It's bad enough he got harassed out of the thread over time. And anyone who was involved in that ought to damn well be ashamed. Moving on.

I apologize. I don't think I'm one of the people who harassed him, but I feel bad about it.

Hmmm. Well, I think the idea is that humans and other apes have a common ancestor. Evolution is one of those things that some people have a knack of understanding better than others.

I guess I just don't agree with the idea that all animals have one common ancestor. Then again, scientific is not what I would call myself to be.
Slava Ukraini

Technopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Technopolis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Vareiln wrote:That's because the apes we know today and the apes we're descended from(Well, we are still apes, so...) are very different animals.

I'm pretty sure every species is from a very, very small pool of common ancestors, considering how rare it is for life to develop.
17 year old pansexual furfag in a polyamorous relationship. Thug life aint easy, yo. Go check out my surprisingly safe for work blog and I will feel better about myself. This is my face.
Big fan of nationalizing essential services, transport and infrastructure, equal rights, income redistribution, companies collectively owned by the workforce, free speech and separating church and state. Poltest, yourmorals.
MT/PMT:A group of tropical islands filled with furries and ran by an AI. IC population of 80 million and military of 45k.
FT: Several large, self sustaining space stations. Like, really large. IC pop of a billion and a military of 500k. Still run by an AI and still neck deep in furry nonsense.
'Linguam Latinam Mortuam'

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

We share common ancestors with each and every life form that we have thus far discovered. All the way back to that very first cell.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Well in the end every form of life on earth shares the same sort of protoplasm...

... except for Michelle Bachmann. I swear to god that thing is a torture device put here by aliens with a really bad sense of humor.

Yeah, she's the epitome of devolving. :?
Slava Ukraini

Belligerent Alcoholics
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Belligerent Alcoholics » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Belligerent Alcoholics wrote:*sigh* :(

Wanna talk about it?

No. I just want to drink myself into oblivion.
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Behave your damn selves, folks.

To block the sight of spam trolls, enter the troll's name here.
There's a list of suicide prevention resources here.
Pro: voluntary collectivism, civil rights and liberties, equal protection of law, Pope Francis, kittens; MRM; fair trade
Conflicted: Green Party; SPUSA; Fatah; guns; abortion
Anti: capitalism; Zionism; Hamas; Marxism; forced collectivism; fascism; free trade; feminism; ponies
Political compass
Political test
I side with...
Lawful-leaning Neutral Good

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

At least the corn dog in the mouth brought a funny moment to me.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

That woman is an example of what happens when disadvantageous traits get passed on.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Belligerent Alcoholics wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Wanna talk about it?

No. I just want to drink myself into oblivion.

That's not a good idea. :hug:

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:I've seen how lions do. They lay out in the sun all day and you would think they don't have a care in the world, but when it's time to catch some game, they exert full force to capture their pray. Nature's warriors.

Dawww, you're too much.

Continue. :p

I love the elegance of cats. :)

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:I apologize. I don't think I'm one of the people who harassed him, but I feel bad about it.

Hmmm. Well, I think the idea is that humans and other apes have a common ancestor. Evolution is one of those things that some people have a knack of understanding better than others.

I guess I just don't agree with the idea that all animals have one common ancestor. Then again, scientific is not what I would call myself to be.

Hmmm. It's a tough idea to grapple with, I suppose. Science is no where near finished learning all the odds and ends of the origin of life on Earth, though we will get there. Have you read about Abiogenesis? I think that's the reigning hypothesis on how life came to be on our planet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives