NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Lobby: Up for a game of pool? [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
NSG Senate Administrators
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

NSG Senate Lobby: Up for a game of pool? [NSG Senate]

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:09 pm

If you are not a senator, do not post here. Go to the applications thread to sign up.

Civil Flag of the Aurentine Commonwealth

This thread will be the location for outside negotiations, and other political processes that might not actually occur within the Senate chamber. Other Senate links are at the proceeding parts of the OP.

Introduction

Welcome to democracy at its worst.

Assuming you meet the minimal requirements, you will instantly be a senator. Even if you are not accepted right away, feel free to begin participating. You can then proceed to start or join a political party, and begin drafting a bill. This is the application thread to be one of us.

The NSG Senate proceeds over a government simulation in an imaginary nation. Links of the Senate are provided in the proceeding details of the Opening Post.

We, the NSG Senate Admins, will check posts in this thread as often as possible, but we will also check telegrams far more often - that will be your better luck in terms of applications.

You can find out whether you are an official senator or an official party by checking the Senate records at the application thread also, with the necessary documents for membership and party application. Because what would politics be without paperwork?

THE SENATE OF AURENTINA

Senate Applications Thread

This is where the aspiring Senators apply for membership to be a fully-loaded politician of a fictional country called "Aurentina". Aside from that, this is where experienced Senators call their colleagues and form a political party by posting their party application there.

Legislation Chamber of the Senate

This is where we make, amend, revise and repeal necessary laws for the betterment of our Government and People. We love our citizens through this Chamber. In the Chamber, the real deal of politics takes place. Each Senator votes for a bill or resolution on queue, depending on the conducts of their party or their own conscience, sometimes carried with their political beliefs.

The Senate's Coffee Shop

This is where Senators show their proposed bills to their fellow Senators and make amends of it according to their tastes. Each Senator is privileged to make a bill in accordance to his will, commonly according to the needs of the majority and most preferably, the interests of their political affiliations and principles. Once approved by many, the bill is forwarded to the Chamber for vote either to pass or to trash it. And come on, this is a place where we also relax ourselves.

Senate's Live Chat Room (Internet Relay Chat)

This is where Senators discuss OOC or IC issues if ever time needs it. The IRC is always available, even though the host of the chat channel is AFK (Away From Keyboard or not online). The epic-ness of us are being shown here, so better wear your pajamas and you may start rocking in here.

Constituencies

Each Senator has a constituency which that Senator represents. Here is a (rather outdated) map of all the constituencies. Pick one of the uncolored ones from this map, then do a search in the Senatorial Database, Lobby, and the Interactive Map Project for its name, then its number. if these searches turn up nothing, you may claim the constituency! Post in the Lobby the constituency you are claiming, then add it to your Senator profile in the Senatorial Database.
Here is a map of the nation for reference to city locations and such.

Overview of Disciplinary Procedures

Warning Levels
Green- Level 1, equivalent to one warning
Blue- Level 2, equivalent to two warnings
Yellow- Level 3, denoting 1-3 days of suspension time total
Orange- Level 4, denoting 4+ days of suspension time total, and also denoting that the next offense will likely result in a ban
Black- banned from Senate

Further points:
-After being suspended once, each subsequent infraction results in more suspensions (not necessarily of more time), not further warnings.
-Posting past suspension results in an automatic upgrade to the next level of delinquency
-Warning levels can decrease over time:
-From Green to None: 2 weeks
-From Blue to Green: 3 weeks
-From Yellow to Blue: 5 weeks
-From Orange to Yellow: 6 weeks
-From Black to Orange: Admin discretion after 8 weeks

Composition of the Senate

Key to the chart:
Last edited by NSG Senate Administrators on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Bowling is better.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 pm

yay new lobby.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Hmm...i'm up for it.
#NSTransparency

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:11 pm

*Misses cue ball*

Damn, not again.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Ahh, new thread smell.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm

I suck at pool.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:Ahh, new thread smell.

I hate this smell.

*sprays Febreeze everywhere*
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:24 pm

So we were on the topic of UN membership...

My suggestions for UN and UN bodies membership:
  • UN - Sign and ratify the Charter of the United Nations
  • UNESCO - Sign and ratify the Constitution of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
  • WHO - Sign and ratify the Constitution of the World Health Organization
  • ITU - Sign and ratify the Constitution of the International Telecommunications Union
  • IAEA - Request membership to the International Atomic Energy Agency
  • ILO - Sign and ratify the Constitution of the International Labour Organization
  • IMO - Sign and ratify the Convention on the International Maritime Organization
  • ICAO - Sign and ratify the Convention on International Civil Aviation
Other memberships:
  • ICC - Sign and ratify the Rome Statute
  • INTERPOL - Sign and ratify the ICPO-INTERPOL Constitution and General Regulations

We may have already done some of these, but I'm not sure.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Oneracon wrote:So we were on the topic of UN membership...

• UNESCO - Sign and ratify the Constitution of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
  • ITU - Sign and ratify the Constitution of the International Telecommunications Union
  • ILO - Sign and ratify the Constitution of the International Labour Organization
  • IMO - Sign and ratify the Convention on the International Maritime Organization
Other memberships:
  • INTERPOL - Sign and ratify the ICPO-INTERPOL Constitution and General Regulations

We should als ojoin IMF and World Bank. I'm reluctant to join Interpol due to past controversies.
Last edited by Regnum Dominae on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

Other memberships:

We should als ojoin IMF and World Bank. I'm reluctant to join Interpol due to past controversies.

We should join Interpol, because Interpol gives Malta things to do and I like that a lot.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Oneracon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

Other memberships:

INTERPOL is a massively important way for Aurentine police forces to coordinate with law-enforcement around the world. Operations such as the I-24/7 communication network between member states facilitate the faster arrest of international criminals and criminals that attempt to flee national jurisdiction.
Compass
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Oneracon wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:We should als ojoin IMF and World Bank. I'm reluctant to join Interpol due to past controversies.

INTERPOL is a massively important way for Aurentine police forces to coordinate with law-enforcement around the world. Operations such as the I-24/7 communication network between member states facilitate the faster arrest of international criminals and criminals that attempt to flee national jurisdiction.

Yeah that's true. I guess I'm overreacting to that idiotic blasphemy arrest.

Oneracon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:We should join Interpol, because Interpol gives Malta things to do and I like that a lot.

Indeed, life can't all be pastizzi and prickly pear liqueur :lol:
Compass
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

Oneracon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Oneracon wrote:

An INTERPOL Red Notice is not an arrest warrant.
Compass
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

Living Freedom Land
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Living Freedom Land » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Oneracon wrote:

I think joining the UN and its orgs should be in one bill and other orgs should be grouped by type into separate bills. IMF and World Bank could be grouped into an economic bill, and etc.
fnord

Oneracon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Living Freedom Land wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:Yeah that's true. I guess I'm overreacting to that idiotic blasphemy arrest.

I think joining the UN and its orgs should be in one bill and other orgs should be grouped by type into separate bills. IMF and World Bank could be grouped into an economic bill, and etc.

Keep in mind that to join these organizations it is literally one line saying we ratify their constitution/convention.

Personally I feel that it would be easier to collect them into one bill, with the exception of INTERPOL.
Last edited by Oneracon on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

Living Freedom Land
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Living Freedom Land » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Oneracon wrote:
Living Freedom Land wrote:I think joining the UN and its orgs should be in one bill and other orgs should be grouped by type into separate bills. IMF and World Bank could be grouped into an economic bill, and etc.

Keep in mind that to join these organizations it is literally one line saying we ratify their constitution/convention.

Personally I feel that it would be easier to collect them into one bill, with the exception of INTERPOL.

The IMF is rather controversial though. I'm not even sure I want to vote for joining it. It could hinder the passage of a bill.
fnord

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

Other memberships:

We should als ojoin IMF and World Bank.

No.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Oneracon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Living Freedom Land wrote:
Oneracon wrote:

The IMF is rather controversial though. I'm not even sure I want to vote for joining it. It could hinder the passage of a bill.

That's why in my suggested list of organizations I omitted the IMF, it's more polarizing than say the ICAO or UNESCO.
Also: INTERPOL makes really cool videos, I think that should count in their favour :p
Last edited by Oneracon on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Oneracon wrote:
Living Freedom Land wrote:The IMF is rather controversial though. I'm not even sure I want to vote for joining it. It could hinder the passage of a bill.

That's why in my suggested list of organizations I omitted the IMF, it's more polarizing than say the ICAO or UNESCO.
Also: INTERPOL makes really cool videos, I think that should count in their favour :p

Oneracon way is best way.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Kouralia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:53 pm

National Gendarmerie Okay, I'm serious, you've got even less legitimacy than the National Police Force account because... Aurentine National Gendarmerie has existed for a lot longer than you.

Prussia-Steinbach viewtopic.php?p=15535989#p15535989 There was the Burger place and the USLP Restaurant.
Kouralia:

Aurentine Constabularies
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurentine Constabularies » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:59 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:yay new lobby.

You still didn't sign off on my damn warrants.
You have the right to remain silent, however anything you do say can and could be taken down and be used in a court of law against you. Beware of failing to mention something now which you later rely on in a Court of Law. You have the right to Legal Assistance.
----
Aurentine Constabularies Website
New Commissioner (1st October, 2013): Mike Caine

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:03 am

Aurentine Constabularies wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:yay new lobby.

You still didn't sign off on my damn warrants.

I did damnit. Check your TGs.

Aurentine National Gendarmerie
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurentine National Gendarmerie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:05 am

None of the LEO accounts I operate show TGs from you. ;)
This controlled by Corenea et al.
[align=center]Criminal Code

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives