NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Bring Me To Life

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Havl
Minister
 
Posts: 2564
Founded: Dec 06, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Havl wrote:Ricky Craven? I was sad when Budweiser switched from the Bud Moore Ford to Hendrick Chevys. Then again, I was a big Bill Elliott fan.


Nope. Ken Schrader.
It's hard to find an uncensored Bud car from before 2000, and what makes this one special was that it was the first Bud car from when they shifted their sponsorship away from Junior Johnson's team, which had carried the brand since it first got involved in NASCAR.
Also noteworthy about the 1995 Bud car is that it was the only year with Hendrick Motorsports where Valvoline was the motor oil sponsor on the Bud ride, and not Quaker State. Quaker State replaced Valvoline on all Hendrick NASCAR entries in 1996.

As for the piece itself, this car is from the first season that Hasbro made NASCAR diecast banks. (Under their Action brand.) The banks are usually highly sought after by NASCAR collectors that are actually more into it than I am, and prices can go quite high, even for pieces that have blemishes.

I got mine off Amazon for $12 with shipping and original box included. It's 1 of only 6,000 made, and currently, there are 4 of it's siblings from that production run on ebay, with the lowest price for one being $18.

The shocking thing about this Ken Schrader car going that high is because he had his worst points finish with Hendrick that year, not even cracking the top 12. However, 1995 is sadly what most people remember this car and driver for, a big wreck at Talladega caused by Jeff Gordon mistiming a bump draft.

Here's the crash in full glory.

The odd thing about that, is all 3 Hendrick cars were involved. #24, Jeff Gordon who started it, #5, Terry Labonte who got spun in the ensuing melee, and of course, Schrader's #25. Also, the #41 car involved there was piloted by Ricky Craven, who would replace Schrader in the Bud car in 1997.

Shoot, I confused Bud Moore with Junior Johnson. You know what I mean.

I remember that crash, I think. The wrecked Bud car is on display somewhere, I think...

User avatar
Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26363
Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am

Stattr wrote:
Ionian Knights wrote:
I have a million shirts from football... :p

problem is... I've worn most of them, and some are XXL.... :unsure:

I can't find the time to make that necklace either :( I don't have the right stones...

I am wearing a top that is XXL right now... I'm used to them. =)


Polyster or Cotton? :)
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

User avatar
Stattr
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17844
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am

Ionian Knights wrote:
Stattr wrote:I am wearing a top that is XXL right now... I'm used to them. =)


Polyster or Cotton? :)

Cotton.. If I wear Polyester... That is not good...
TET BF: Gren

State buddies: Roco and Ion and Serbian

"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
I am secretly vulty.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

User avatar
Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67399
Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am

Havl wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
Nope. Ken Schrader.
It's hard to find an uncensored Bud car from before 2000, and what makes this one special was that it was the first Bud car from when they shifted their sponsorship away from Junior Johnson's team, which had carried the brand since it first got involved in NASCAR.
Also noteworthy about the 1995 Bud car is that it was the only year with Hendrick Motorsports where Valvoline was the motor oil sponsor on the Bud ride, and not Quaker State. Quaker State replaced Valvoline on all Hendrick NASCAR entries in 1996.

As for the piece itself, this car is from the first season that Hasbro made NASCAR diecast banks. (Under their Action brand.) The banks are usually highly sought after by NASCAR collectors that are actually more into it than I am, and prices can go quite high, even for pieces that have blemishes.

I got mine off Amazon for $12 with shipping and original box included. It's 1 of only 6,000 made, and currently, there are 4 of it's siblings from that production run on ebay, with the lowest price for one being $18.

The shocking thing about this Ken Schrader car going that high is because he had his worst points finish with Hendrick that year, not even cracking the top 12. However, 1995 is sadly what most people remember this car and driver for, a big wreck at Talladega caused by Jeff Gordon mistiming a bump draft.

Here's the crash in full glory.

The odd thing about that, is all 3 Hendrick cars were involved. #24, Jeff Gordon who started it, #5, Terry Labonte who got spun in the ensuing melee, and of course, Schrader's #25. Also, the #41 car involved there was piloted by Ricky Craven, who would replace Schrader in the Bud car in 1997.

Shoot, I confused Bud Moore with Junior Johnson. You know what I mean.

I remember that crash, I think. The wrecked Bud car is on display somewhere, I think...


I knew what you meant, but you're not the first person I've seen do that, either.
For a while, those were arguably the two most prominent Ford teams.

If that's true about that wrecked car, I'm gonna have to road trip to see it someday. :D
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.


Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

User avatar
Havl
Minister
 
Posts: 2564
Founded: Dec 06, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:32 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Havl wrote:Shoot, I confused Bud Moore with Junior Johnson. You know what I mean.

I remember that crash, I think. The wrecked Bud car is on display somewhere, I think...


I knew what you meant, but you're not the first person I've seen do that, either.
For a while, those were arguably the two most prominent Ford teams.

If that's true about that wrecked car, I'm gonna have to road trip to see it someday. :D

I swear there was a picture of it in some crummy-looking museum on Wikipedia, but I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Google says it's on display at the Hendrick Museum. Not what I was thinking of, but it looks like a cool facility.
Last edited by Havl on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67399
Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 am

Havl wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
I knew what you meant, but you're not the first person I've seen do that, either.
For a while, those were arguably the two most prominent Ford teams.

If that's true about that wrecked car, I'm gonna have to road trip to see it someday. :D

I swear there was a picture of it in some crummy-looking museum on Wikipedia, but I can't seem to find it.


That's odd. :blink:
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.


Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51802
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:35 am

Stattr wrote:
Ionian Knights wrote:
I have a million shirts from football... :p

problem is... I've worn most of them, and some are XXL.... :unsure:

I can't find the time to make that necklace either :( I don't have the right stones...

I am wearing a top that is XXL right now... I'm used to them. =)

XXL?

Well my mind clearly ain't too kosher anymore.

User avatar
Stattr
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17844
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 am

Esternial wrote:
Stattr wrote:I am wearing a top that is XXL right now... I'm used to them. =)

XXL?

Well my mind clearly ain't too kosher anymore.

I'm actually skinny... I just wear big tops... But I wear pants that fit me... :p I weight like 160-170
TET BF: Gren

State buddies: Roco and Ion and Serbian

"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
I am secretly vulty.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

User avatar
Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26363
Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 am

Stattr wrote:


This girl can out eat me too... :palm:
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33958
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am

Stattr wrote:
Esternial wrote:XXL?

Well my mind clearly ain't too kosher anymore.

I'm actually skinny... I just wear big tops... But I wear pants that fit me... :p I weight like 160-170


How tall're you?
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am

Stattr wrote:
Esternial wrote:XXL?

Well my mind clearly ain't too kosher anymore.

I'm actually skinny... I just wear big tops... But I wear pants that fit me... :p I weight like 160-170

:p

User avatar
Stattr
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17844
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:40 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Stattr wrote:I'm actually skinny... I just wear big tops... But I wear pants that fit me... :p I weight like 160-170


How tall're you?

5'11" or 6'0"

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Stattr wrote:I'm actually skinny... I just wear big tops... But I wear pants that fit me... :p I weight like 160-170

:p

:blush:

Ionian Knights wrote:
Stattr wrote:


This girl can out eat me too... :palm:

:blush:
TET BF: Gren

State buddies: Roco and Ion and Serbian

"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
I am secretly vulty.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

User avatar
Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26363
Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:41 am

Stattr wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
How tall're you?

5'11" or 6'0"

The Republic of Lanos wrote: :p

:blush:

Ionian Knights wrote:
This girl can out eat me too... :palm:

:blush:


Taller than me too... :lol2:

but I love her to pieces... :hug: :blush:
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:47 am

lol get a room you two.

And a trip to Vegas. :P

User avatar
Stattr
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17844
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:lol get a room you two.

And a trip to Vegas. :P

imma go on a trip to Where he lives... :p
TET BF: Gren

State buddies: Roco and Ion and Serbian

"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
I am secretly vulty.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

User avatar
Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67399
Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:49 am

WHEEE! My boxes just got here. :D
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.


Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 am

Stattr wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:lol get a room you two.

And a trip to Vegas. :P

imma go on a trip to Where he lives... :p

He better put a ring on it :P

User avatar
Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 26053
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 am

Ionian Knights wrote:
Stattr wrote:


This girl can out eat me too... :palm:

It is time for me to go home and sleep. Again. More. Because at a glance, I read that totally wrong and now I feel ... hrm. Let's not go there, shall we? We'll go for 'bad'. Bad, Nathi. No biscuit.

User avatar
Shellinameow
Diplomat
 
Posts: 613
Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shellinameow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Ionian Knights wrote:
This girl can out eat me too... :palm:

It is time for me to go home and sleep. Again. More. Because at a glance, I read that totally wrong and now I feel ... hrm. Let's not go there, shall we? We'll go for 'bad'. Bad, Nathi. No biscuit.

oh... it doesn't say that! whoops i read it wrong too

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Ionian Knights wrote:
This girl can out eat me too... :palm:

It is time for me to go home and sleep. Again. More. Because at a glance, I read that totally wrong and now I feel ... hrm. Let's not go there, shall we? We'll go for 'bad'. Bad, Nathi. No biscuit.

*shoos Nathi out* Shoo shoo!

User avatar
Stattr
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17844
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Stattr wrote:imma go on a trip to Where he lives... :p

He better put a ring on it :P

...'Brain goez to ze guttur.'

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Ionian Knights wrote:
This girl can out eat me too... :palm:

It is time for me to go home and sleep. Again. More. Because at a glance, I read that totally wrong and now I feel ... hrm. Let's not go there, shall we? We'll go for 'bad'. Bad, Nathi. No biscuit.

same..

Coffee Cakes wrote:WHEEE! My boxes just got here. :D

thought that said 'boxers.'
TET BF: Gren

State buddies: Roco and Ion and Serbian

"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
I am secretly vulty.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 am

Stattr wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:He better put a ring on it :P

...'Brain goez to ze guttur.'

Beyonce? :(

User avatar
Stattr
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17844
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Stattr wrote:...'Brain goez to ze guttur.'

Beyonce? :(

I know that song.. I thought you ment something else, he has it planned...
TET BF: Gren

State buddies: Roco and Ion and Serbian

"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
I am secretly vulty.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

User avatar
Gallade
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52502
Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 am

My new internet modem arrived. It turns out they need to drill a cable through my wall. Crap.
|| Oh yeah, married to Trans. Great. || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous.
My TG box is for friends, not random queries.
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

User avatar
Stattr
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17844
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 am

Shellinameow wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:It is time for me to go home and sleep. Again. More. Because at a glance, I read that totally wrong and now I feel ... hrm. Let's not go there, shall we? We'll go for 'bad'. Bad, Nathi. No biscuit.

oh... it doesn't say that! whoops i read it wrong too

Hello Shellby.
TET BF: Gren

State buddies: Roco and Ion and Serbian

"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
I am secretly vulty.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads