NATION

PASSWORD

Aurentinian culture (nsg senate)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should Aurentina have a warm or cold culture?

Warm
33%
Cold
23%
In-between
33%
Depends on the individual
8%
Depends on the situation
5%

Total votes : 40

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu May 30, 2013 2:26 pm

You posted volume three twice and never posted volume two.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Fulflood
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Thu May 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Diopolis wrote:You posted volume three twice and never posted volume two.

Yeah, I wiped volume two. I'd like to say "whoops" and laugh it off, but that was hours of work.
Any help anyone could give to remake it would be greatly appreciated. I can probably rectify this within a week.
Last edited by Fulflood on Thu May 30, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I go under the name Vyvland now (IIWiki page). This account is used for the odd foray into the Senate or NSG.
Straight male British apatheist pacifist environmentalist social liberal

Admin, New Democrat member for Lüborg (504) and ambassador to the Red-Greens in the Aurentine Senate. Minister of Business Safety of Aurentina. Apparently that deserves a ministry, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably none of these things anymore. | The Aurentine Phrasebook, my magnum opus.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu May 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Oh, volume 3 reminds me of Spanish II all over again. Perfect, Imperfect, Preterite, Irregular....yeah, it was a nightmare.

New Waterford
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waterford » Thu May 30, 2013 2:43 pm

So here's the Lord's Prayer in Aurentine. I didn't include the doxology at the end because I'm assuming Aurentinia is a predominantly Catholic nation.
Here are some words that aren't in the phrasebook that I made up for this prayer:
daglig daily
brödt bread
skuldejöörëer debtor
fören lead (v.)
intör into
versöking temptation (a bit of Afrikaans there)
spären save
Feel free to correct me if I've made mistakes!
Wejs Vaar in hömmel,
tejn naame sent hëligät;
tejn koningdom kööme;
tejn wëns sente fëeret,
öm Ërd, els in hömmel.
Gëive os wejs daglig brödt däsdag,
en vergëve os wejs skulden,
els wej vergëve wejs skuldejöörëeren,
en nëttä före os intör versöking,
aben späre os her keül.
Amen.
Last edited by New Waterford on Thu May 30, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
Now known IC'ly as An Déise.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu May 30, 2013 2:46 pm

New Waterford wrote:So here's the Lord's Prayer in Aurentine. I didn't include the doxology at the end because I'm assuming Aurentinia is a predominantly Catholic nation.
Here are some words that aren't in the phrasebook that I made up for this prayer:
daglig daily
skuldejöörëer debtor
fören lead (v.)
intör into
spären save
Wejs Vaar in hömmel,
tejn naame sent hëligät;
tejn koningdom kööme;
tejn wëns sente fëeret,
öm Ërd, els in hömmel.
aben späre os her keül.
Amen.

Nice job, but I'm not sure about the majority of the country being Catholic, considering that probably many senator's aren't religious.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu May 30, 2013 2:47 pm

New Waterford wrote:So here's the Lord's Prayer in Aurentine. I didn't include the doxology at the end because I'm assuming Aurentinia is a predominantly Catholic nation.
daglig daily
skuldejöörëer debtor
fören lead (v.)
intör into
spären save
Wejs Vaar in hömmel,
tejn naame sent hëligät;
tejn koningdom kööme;
tejn wëns sente fëeret,
öm Ërd, els in hömmel.
aben späre os her keül.
Amen.

Religion has not been decided, so assuming it's Catholic is not appropriate at the moment. As a former British colony, we're actually more likely to be Protestant.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Thu May 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:
daglig daily
skuldejöörëer debtor
fören lead (v.)
intör into
spären save
Wejs Vaar in hömmel,
tejn naame sent hëligät;
tejn koningdom kööme;
tejn wëns sente fëeret,
öm Ërd, els in hömmel.
aben späre os her keül.
Amen.

Religion has not been decided, so assuming it's Catholic is not appropriate at the moment. As a former British colony, we're actually more likely to be Protestant.

I concur. Looking at the list of senators we seem to be a very non-religious nation more than anything else.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:
daglig daily
skuldejöörëer debtor
fören lead (v.)
intör into
spären save
Wejs Vaar in hömmel,
tejn naame sent hëligät;
tejn koningdom kööme;
tejn wëns sente fëeret,
öm Ërd, els in hömmel.
aben späre os her keül.
Amen.

Not necessarily, we're near Italy and look at Malta, it used to be British but the population is 98% Roman Catholic.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

New Waterford
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waterford » Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
daglig daily
skuldejöörëer debtor
fören lead (v.)
intör into
spären save
Wejs Vaar in hömmel,
tejn naame sent hëligät;
tejn koningdom kööme;
tejn wëns sente fëeret,
öm Ërd, els in hömmel.
aben späre os her keül.
Amen.

Nice job, but I'm not sure about the majority of the country being Catholic, considering that probably many senator's aren't religious.

Aurentinia is located in the Mediterranean between Spain, France and Italy, all of which are Catholic nations, at least in terms of population. While many of the senators are irreligious, Aurentinia is probably, historically at least, a Catholic nation.

Maklohi Vai wrote:As a former British colony, we're actually more likely to be Protestant.

Look at Malta and the Republic of Ireland. They were both part of the British Empire, and they're both predominantly Catholic.
Last edited by New Waterford on Thu May 30, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
Now known IC'ly as An Déise.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu May 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Religion has not been decided, so assuming it's Catholic is not appropriate at the moment. As a former British colony, we're actually more likely to be Protestant.

Not necessarily, we're near Italy and look at Malta, it used to be British but the population is 98% Roman Catholic.

Malta became a colony when it was taken feom napoleon in the early 19th century. It also used to be the host of the knights of rhodes, a catholic crusading order

We have been a colony for longer, and in addition dont have a similar strongly indicated catholic history.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Not necessarily, we're near Italy and look at Malta, it used to be British but the population is 98% Roman Catholic.

Malta became a colony when it was taken feom napoleon in the early 19th century. It also used to be the host of the knights of rhodes, a catholic crusading order

We have been a colony for longer, and in addition dont have a similar strongly indicated catholic history.

We're close to Italy geographically and used to have close ties with Italy, surely that has some influence.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu May 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Not necessarily, we're near Italy and look at Malta, it used to be British but the population is 98% Roman Catholic.

Judging from the senators and location, we are a lapsed catholic nation.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:00 pm

We've been under British control from the 16th century to now. We're unlikely to be catholic. From the senators we seem to be irreligious as a nation, like Sweden or Denmark.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu May 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Britcan wrote:We've been under British control from the 16th century to now. We're unlikely to be catholic. From the senators we seem to be irreligious as a nation, like Sweden or Denmark.

So was Ireland.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Britcan wrote:We've been under British control from the 16th century to now. We're unlikely to be catholic. From the senators we seem to be irreligious as a nation, like Sweden or Denmark.

So was Ireland.

We havent actively resisted the entire time though, nor do we have a burning hatred of the english, nor were we the subject of many brutal oppressive measures (ok well maybe the last one).
We aint ireland, we are AMERICA!!! Aurentania!!
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Diopolis wrote:

So was Ireland.

We are also Germanic, so perhaps a Catholic, Lutheran, Calvinist Mix with a sizable irreligious minority.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu May 30, 2013 3:21 pm

The Realm of God wrote:
Diopolis wrote:So was Ireland.

We are also Germanic, so perhaps a Catholic, Lutheran, Calvinist Mix with a sizable irreligious minority.

But we were not part of the HRE during the protestant reformation, and in fact were close enough to spain and italy to make calvinism or lutheranism gaining a substantial hold unlikely.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu May 30, 2013 3:24 pm

This sounds most plausible.

The Realm of God wrote:
Diopolis wrote:So was Ireland.

As does this.

Maybe:
Protestant 50%
Catholic 30%
Other 5%
Irreligious 15%
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:

This sounds most plausible.

The Realm of God wrote:

As does this.

Maybe:
Protestant 50%
Catholic 30%
Other 5%
Irreligious 15%

Less than 60% of people in England are Christians. I don't think we'll be more religious than that.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu May 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Britcan wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:This sounds most plausible.

As does this.

Maybe:
Protestant 50%
Catholic 30%
Other 5%
Irreligious 15%

Less than 60% of people in England are Christians. I don't think we'll be more religious than that.

That's a good point.

Protestant 35%
Catholic 15%
Other 5%
Irreligious 45%
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu May 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:
Britcan wrote:Less than 60% of people in England are Christians. I don't think we'll be more religious than that.

That's a good point.

Protestant 35%
Catholic 15%
Other 5%
Irreligious 45%

That looks about right

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:
Britcan wrote:Less than 60% of people in England are Christians. I don't think we'll be more religious than that.

That's a good point.

Protestant 35%
Catholic 15%
Other 5%
Irreligious 45%

I'd say:

Protestant ~30%
- Anglican ~20%
- Presbyterian ~5%
- Other ~ 5%
Catholic ~20%
Other ~5%
Irreligious ~45%
Last edited by Britcan on Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Britcan wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:That's a good point.

Protestant 35%
Catholic 15%
Other 5%
Irreligious 45%

I'd say:

Protestant ~30%
Anglican ~20%
Presbyterian ~5%
Other ~ 5%
Catholic ~20%
Other ~5%
Irreligious ~45%

Welcome to Aurentina: We're 130% dedicated to our personal beliefs.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Divair wrote:
Britcan wrote:I'd say:

Protestant ~30%
Anglican ~20%
Presbyterian ~5%
Other ~ 5%
Catholic ~20%
Other ~5%
Irreligious ~45%

Urgh. Tab didn't show up. It was meant to be a breakdown of the protestants.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Thu May 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Divair wrote:
Britcan wrote:I'd say:

Protestant ~30%
Anglican ~20%
Presbyterian ~5%
Other ~ 5%
Catholic ~20%
Other ~5%
Irreligious ~45%

I think it was supposed to be like this:
Protestant ~30%
    Anglican ~20%
    Presbyterian ~5%
    Other ~ 5%
Catholic ~20%
Other ~5%
Irreligious ~45%
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives