NATION

PASSWORD

Progressive Monarchist Party [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Progressive Monarchist Party [NSG Senate]

Postby Britcan » Sun May 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Members

Britcan - Chairman & Co-founder
Kherkov - Co-founder
Elsariti
Otrenia

How to Join

1) Become a member of the NSG senate by filling in the application in the OP of the Application Thread and posting it on that thread.
2) State your wish to join on this thread. You will then be accepted and your name will be added to the member list.
3) Remain active! We want every member of this party to participate in the senate actively. If you are going to be absent for an extended period of time please tell us.

Party Colours

Orange #FFA500
Purple #800080
The official colours of the party are Purple and Orange, with purple being used if only one colour is available.

If you wish to declare your membership of the party your signature please use the following code:

Code: Select all
Member of the [background=#800080][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=243228][color=#FFA500][b]Progressive Monarchist Party[/b][/color][/url][/background].

It will appear like this:
Member of the Progressive Monarchist Party.

The Platform of the Progressive Monarchist Party

Monarchy

One of our primary objectives is to reestablish a monarchy in Aurentina in order preserve the tradition and culture of our nation. We hope to do through joining the Commonwealth Realm. Becoming a Commonwealth Realm will also have the added benefit of strengthening our ties with nations such as the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. We do not seek to establish the monarchy through revolution or force but with the popular support of the people of this nation via a democratic vote. As supporters of secularism we would oppose any move to give our nations monarch religious titles.

Defence and Foreign Policy

We believe that our nation should seek membership of the United Nations and the Commonwealth of Nations as soon as possible to increase our presence on the world stage. We do believe we should forge strong relationships with other European nations and engage in trade with them, however we do not believe that joining the EU in it's current state would be beneficial for our nation. We would be open to the idea of alliances with other nations in order to maintain the safety of our nation. We believe that we should maintain a well trained and well equipped military, but we don't believe it should be excessively large. We support a policy of humanitarian interventionism and our military should be capable of some power projection to reflect this policy. We do, however, recognise that we shouldn't be acting as the 'world police' so we support having a vote before we engage in any war that isn't to defend us or one of our allies. We should work closely with other nations for the advancement of science and technology, as sharing knowledge will benefit all nations.

Welfare

We support the creation of a welfare state to help those who are disadvantaged and there should be benefits provided to those who are unable to work due to disability as well as pensions for the elderly. We recognise that some hardworking people are unable to find jobs so we support unemployment benefits but that there are also those who are unwilling to work so we will also mandate that those claiming unemployment benefits over an extended period of time must be actively trying to find employment or be working on gaining qualifications. Free childcare should also be provided to single parents so they are able to work and contribute to society. We also support the creation of a national health service that will be free for all citizens of this nation to use, although private healthcare providers would still be able to exist.

Education

We believe that a good education system is essential for the future of our nation so we support a system of well-funded primary and secondary schools run by the state that will be free for children to attend. We believe that religious schools shouldn't receive government funding. We also support allowing a system private and home schooling, provided they follow certain guidelines. In regards to tertiary education we support providing subsidies so that higher education does not become a large economic struggle for those seeking it.

Economy

We recognise the benefits of both a state-run economy and a market economy and we thus support a mixed economy to achieve a balance between the two. We support the nationalisation of some utilises and infrastructure in order to ensure that they provide a high quality service and are run for the benefit of the people. We also believe that a progressive tax system is both the fairest and most sensible system of taxation. The right for workers to unionise should be protected.

Society and Culture

We support the separation of church and state and the right to freedom of and from religion. We recognise that English is the majority language however we also realise that Aurentine is the language of a significant minority so both should be recognised as official languages. Schools should have the option of teaching Aurentine and signs in areas with a large Aurentine-speaking population should be printed in both English and Aurentine. However, language is fundamentally a tool of communication and should be treated as such and not as a nationalistic political weapon. We believe that museums and art galleys should be set up to display the history and culture of our nation and that sites of great historical or cultural significance should be protected.

Law and Order

We support a well funded police force to keep the streets of our nation safe. There must be a focus on rehabilitating people in order to prevent re-offending and make former criminals an asset to society. This is especially true for youth offenders. We oppose the death penalty and torture as forms of punishment, believing them to be archaic and having no place in a civilised society.

Drugs and Alcohol

We support a system similar to that of Germany regarding alcohol and that we should encourage drinking responsibly, rather than teetotalism. Smoking, and other drugs that harm those around the user should not be permitted in public places. We also support the legalisation, taxation and regulation of cannabis for recreational purposes and support free rehabilitation programs for those with addictions to any drugs.

Other Issues

We support the development of sustainable energy sources in order to ensure the survival of our nation and believe that reducing pollution is an important goal. We recognise that skilled immigrants are an asset to this nation, however we also believe that we should be in control of our own borders and should keep immigration at reasonable levels. We support a giving genuine asylum seekers the right to live here. We support gun control based on that of the United Kingdom. Our public transport system should be developed as it is both more efficient and less polluting than cars.
Last edited by Britcan on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 pm

I wish the NSP good luck in achieving recognizable status in the senate.
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

[Insert personal information]

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon May 27, 2013 1:01 am

Greater Pokarnia wrote:I wish the NSP good luck in achieving recognizable status in the senate.

Thank you. We appreciate your support.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Mon May 27, 2013 7:54 am

I'm keeping an eye on this and wish you well.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon May 27, 2013 2:27 pm

The Realm of God wrote:I'm keeping an eye on this and wish you well.

I do also.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon May 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Othelos wrote:
The Realm of God wrote:I'm keeping an eye on this and wish you well.

I do also.

Thank you both.

NSG Senate Administrators
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Mon May 27, 2013 5:48 pm

BREAKING NEWS

A large bomb has just gone off in the Senate building. Fortunately, today's Senate business had already ended and the Senators, along with most of their staff, had already left. However, 18 staffers have been found killed. The identities of the deceased staffers are not yet known, but it is believed that staffers from all political parties were affected.

The police have detained two assailants who were seen fleeing from the scene. The suspects are wearing swastika armbands, so it is believed that a neo-Nazi group is responsible for the attacks. The police are attempting to interrogate them, but they refuse to say a word.

Other assailants are known to have escaped, however, and they are on the run, armed and dangerous. It is believed that there are about a dozen terrorists in total. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, and the government is watching known neo-Nazi groups for signs that they carried out the attack.

Police and military forces are on very high alert throughout the nation. People have been advised to report suspicious activity to the authorities. In the capital city, a phone hotline has been set up for anyone to report whatever they may know about the attack or the attackers.

Relevant thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=243424

Kherkov
Senator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 am

Thank you all for your support.

New logo coming soon.
+ England expects that every man will do his duty +

Co-Founder of the RP Region The Commonwealth Society
Regional Factbook | Join our Discord | Kherkov Factbook
Nation is RP - not equal to RL views

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 30, 2013 4:17 am

Our members are advised to vote FOR the Firearms Act, Internal Security Act and Commonwealth Armed Forces Act.

There are no party guidelines on the Ratification of North Atlantic Treaty and members are advised to vote however they see fit.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Fri May 31, 2013 2:22 pm

Party members are advised to vote FOR the RCPA.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Hello NSP! What do you think of this act, to bring Aurentina in line with international human rights legislation?

International Law Act
Author: Ainin [TR] | Sponsors: Divair [CSP], Wolfmanne [PC], Yanalia [RG], Great Nepal [CFE], The Orson Empire [C] | Urgency: High

The Senate of Aurentina,

Acknowledging that every human in the world deserves equal rights,

Noting the Commonwealth is not yet party to several conventions that are the basis of international law,

Hereby Ratifies
  • All Four Articles of the Geneva Conventions
  • The Rome Statute
  • The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
  • The Convention relating to the Status of Refugees
  • The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
  • The Convention on the Rights of the Child
  • International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
  • The International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance

And Hereby Supports
  • The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
  • The Montreal Declaration on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Human Rights

Regards,
Ainin
Interim Chairman of Totally Rad
Minister of Research and Astronomy

The sole copyright holder of this letter is Generic Copypasta Holdings, Inc.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 am

Ainin wrote:Hello NSP! What do you think of this act, to bring Aurentina in line with international human rights legislation?

International Law Act
Author: Ainin [TR] | Sponsors: Divair [CSP], Wolfmanne [PC], Yanalia [RG], Great Nepal [CFE], The Orson Empire [C] | Urgency: High

The Senate of Aurentina,

Noting the Commonwealth is not yet party to several conventions that are the basis of international law,

Hereby Ratifies
  • The Rome Statute
  • The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
  • The International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance

And Hereby Supports
  • The Montreal Declaration on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Human Rights

Regards,
Ainin

I would have to look at the individual acts by themselves to determine if I approve. It looks good though.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:25 pm

On the omnibus currently at vote members of the NSP are advised to vote for the Judicial Act and vote however they feel is right on the other two acts.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Britcan wrote:
Ainin wrote:Hello NSP! What do you think of this act, to bring Aurentina in line with international human rights legislation?

International Law Act

The Senate of Aurentina,

Hereby Ratifies
  • The Rome Statute

And Hereby Supports

Regards,
Ainin

I would have to look at the individual acts by themselves to determine if I approve. It looks good though.

Quick run-through of the treaties and conventions in question:
Geneva Conventions: War Crimes
The Rome Statute: Accession to the ICC
The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide: Same as the name implies
The Convention relating to the Status of Refugees: Bans the rejection of asylum seekers
The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women: Same as the name implies
The Convention on the Rights of the Child: Children's status
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights: Guarantees civil and political rights
The International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance: Three guesses what this does.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: The most translated document of all times and the basis of many national civil right charters
The Montreal Declaration on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Human Rights: Marriage equality declaration
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Ainin wrote:
Britcan wrote:I would have to look at the individual acts by themselves to determine if I approve. It looks good though.

Quick run-through of the treaties and conventions in question:
Geneva Conventions: War Crimes
The Rome Statute: Accession to the ICC
The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide: Same as the name implies
The Convention relating to the Status of Refugees: Bans the rejection of asylum seekers
The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women: Same as the name implies
The Convention on the Rights of the Child: Children's status
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights: Guarantees civil and political rights
The International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance: Three guesses what this does.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: The most translated document of all times and the basis of many national civil right charters
The Montreal Declaration on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Human Rights: Marriage equality declaration

The only thing I have minor issues with is The Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, but provided we can evaluate asylum seekers individually to see if their case is valid then it's all good as far as I can see.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Britcan wrote:The only thing I have minor issues with is The Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, but provided we can evaluate asylum seekers individually to see if their case is valid then it's all good as far as I can see.

Definition of refugee/asylum seeker in the convention:
"A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.."

The 2 clauses against turning back refugees:
"No Contracting State shall expel or return ('refouler') a refugee in any manner whatsoever to the frontiers of territories where his life or freedom would be threatened on account of his race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social or political opinion"
"The Contracting States shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence, on refugees who, coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened in the sense of article 1, enter or are present in their territory without authorization, provided they present themselves without delay to the authorities and show good cause for their illegal entry or presence."

Complete Text

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Ainin wrote:*snip*

Provided we're allowed to determine if their fear is "well-founded" or not then I see no issue with the act.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Britcan wrote:
Ainin wrote:*snip*

Provided we're allowed to determine if their fear is "well-founded" or not then I see no issue with the act.

Since the convention does not define well-founded, it is up to national governments to investigate the legitimacy of the claimants' claims.

EDIT: Now that we cleared that up, would you like to sponsor?
Last edited by Ainin on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Ainin wrote:
Britcan wrote:Provided we're allowed to determine if their fear is "well-founded" or not then I see no issue with the act.

Since the convention does not define well-founded, it is up to national governments to investigate the legitimacy of the claimants' claims.

EDIT: Now that we cleared that up, would you like to sponsor?

Good, I have no objections then and I'll happily co-sponsor.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:59 am

This is the bill currently being debated in the Chamber: Governmental Subdivision Creation Act

Thoughts?

Moriala
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Moriala » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:29 am

Hello there, Socialists! I'm your new ambassador from the Liberal Democratic Party, Senator Yuri Triyasev. I'm here to, well, increase relations. Keep in touch with me while I'm here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A Please watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghkND8lvc7Y Some serious LOLZ
Whatever anybody says, WE ARE NOT RELATED TO MORALS. THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE.
Smarter than 75.46% of the American population, b****es!
The Chinese seeking to expand Confucianism makes just as much sense as the French expanding love of "Art and Wine" through military force.......................... - The Armed Hegemony of Dires

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 am

Moriala wrote:Hello there, Socialists! I'm your new ambassador from the Liberal Democratic Party, Senator Yuri Triyasev. I'm here to, well, increase relations. Keep in touch with me while I'm here.

If you're looking for Socialists you've come to the wrong place.

Kherkov
Senator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:17 am

Britcan wrote:
Moriala wrote:Hello there, Socialists! I'm your new ambassador from the Liberal Democratic Party, Senator Yuri Triyasev. I'm here to, well, increase relations. Keep in touch with me while I'm here.

If you're looking for Socialists you've come to the wrong place.

Indeed. We're definitely not socialist.
+ England expects that every man will do his duty +

Co-Founder of the RP Region The Commonwealth Society
Regional Factbook | Join our Discord | Kherkov Factbook
Nation is RP - not equal to RL views

Moriala
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Moriala » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Oh. But still, I'm an ambassador to your party. Live with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A Please watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghkND8lvc7Y Some serious LOLZ
Whatever anybody says, WE ARE NOT RELATED TO MORALS. THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE.
Smarter than 75.46% of the American population, b****es!
The Chinese seeking to expand Confucianism makes just as much sense as the French expanding love of "Art and Wine" through military force.......................... - The Armed Hegemony of Dires

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Moriala wrote:Oh. But still, I'm an ambassador to your party. Live with it.

I can't help but feel that you should be more informed about our party. If you think we're socialists then we aren't going to get very far. I highly advise you read through our policies.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives