NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Britanno wrote:For the sake of millions of Aurentine children that need a fair and efficient education system and after the request made by Senator Battlion, I use my legislative queue jumping powers to move the Educational Excellence Omnibus to number one in the legislative queue.

:clap: :clap: 'Thank you Mr President, you have used your good judgment once again.'
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Britanno wrote:For the sake of millions of Aurentine children that need a fair and efficient education system and after the request made by Senator Battlion, I use my legislative queue jumping powers to move the Educational Excellence Omnibus to number one in the legislative queue.

Thank you Mr President, I shall open up the debate on the matter straight away as I believe it'll be our first call of business?

Firstly, these pieces of legislation ensure our children have the ability to strive and achieve their ambitions by a combination of academic and vocational studies. We ensure that every child has the right to a nursery spot if their parents wish it and we bring a modern day curriculum for a new modern Aurentina.

I urge parties from all sides to rally out this education reform, for the sake of the children and for the sake of the future of this country.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Battlion wrote:

Thank you Mr President, I shall open up the debate on the matter straight away as I believe it'll be our first call of business?

Firstly, these pieces of legislation ensure our children have the ability to strive and achieve their ambitions by a combination of academic and vocational studies. We ensure that every child has the right to a nursery spot if their parents wish it and we bring a modern day curriculum for a new modern Aurentina.

I urge parties from all sides to rally out this education reform, for the sake of the children and for the sake of the future of this country.

'I agree wholeheartedly with this omnibus. Yes it may need to be tweaked in the future but it will create a strong framework which will lead to our children having a thorough and successful education. We want our children to be the best and we therefore need the best educational framework.'
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a Conservative (UK)

Welsh Cowboy
Minister

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:33 pm

I must respectfully disagree with the President's use of his queue jumping powers. Educational reform is obviously important, but so are multiple bills and omnibuses which have continually been pushed down and delayed because of various elections and moves such as this. We need to vote on these things, including a tax collection system. Surely having funds to pay for things such as education is crucial?
Champions, 53rd Baptism of Fire

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Welsh Cowboy wrote:I must respectfully disagree with the President's use of his queue jumping powers. Educational reform is obviously important, but so are multiple bills and omnibuses which have continually been pushed down and delayed because of various elections and moves such as this. We need to vote on these things, including a tax collection system. Surely having funds to pay for things such as education is crucial?

Yes, education is crucial, and if everyone rallies around it we shall simply get this out of the way and move on with everything else.

Welsh Cowboy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Battlion wrote:
Welsh Cowboy wrote:I must respectfully disagree with the President's use of his queue jumping powers. Educational reform is obviously important, but so are multiple bills and omnibuses which have continually been pushed down and delayed because of various elections and moves such as this. We need to vote on these things, including a tax collection system. Surely having funds to pay for things such as education is crucial?

Yes, education is crucial, and if everyone rallies around it we shall simply get this out of the way and move on with everything else.

But why can an educational framework not wait until we actually have money to pay for it? Plenty of things are crucial and important. We have to actually vote on some of them, instead of putting other crucial and important legislation ahead of them.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Welsh Cowboy wrote:
Battlion wrote:

But why can an educational framework not wait until we actually have money to pay for it? Plenty of things are crucial and important. We have to actually vote on some of them, instead of putting other crucial and important legislation ahead of them.

I don't think there is much to be done, so let's just get this out the way and get everything else through

Slazliyka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slazliyka » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Welsh Cowboy wrote:
Battlion wrote:

I agree with this, had he not queuejumped the Education Omnibus we would be debating the first proposed tax collection system, and we already have a basic education system established, so certainly making sure the government has funding is important enough to allow education reforms to be pushed back for at least two days?

Just my opinion, I would've approved had he waited to queuejump until after we voted on the revenue collection act.

Welsh Cowboy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Battlion wrote:
Welsh Cowboy wrote:But why can an educational framework not wait until we actually have money to pay for it? Plenty of things are crucial and important. We have to actually vote on some of them, instead of putting other crucial and important legislation ahead of them.

I don't think there is much to be done, so let's just get this out the way and get everything else through

We've been saying that for a long time. I don't know how long the Finance Omnibus has been in queue.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Welsh Cowboy wrote:
Battlion wrote:

We've been saying that for a long time. I don't know how long the Finance Omnibus has been in queue.

Please look at the party's thread.
My political compass:
I am a Conservative (UK)

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Slazliyka wrote:
Welsh Cowboy wrote:But why can an educational framework not wait until we actually have money to pay for it? Plenty of things are crucial and important. We have to actually vote on some of them, instead of putting other crucial and important legislation ahead of them.

I agree with this, had he not queuejumped the Education Omnibus we would be debating the first proposed tax collection system, and we already have a basic education system established, so certainly making sure the government has funding is important enough to allow education reforms to be pushed back for at least two days?

Just my opinion, I would've approved had he waited to queuejump until after we voted on the revenue collection act.

I swear the basic education system framework failed by a few votes, so we have literally nothing.

Let's just get on with the debate, and the sooner it's debated on and voted on the sooner we get to tax collection

Welsh Cowboy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Rumostan wrote:
Welsh Cowboy wrote:We've been saying that for a long time. I don't know how long the Finance Omnibus has been in queue.

Why? The only new post is a three-line whip for the EE?

Slazliyka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slazliyka » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:43 pm

I swear the basic education system framework failed by a few votes, so we have literally nothin

No, the Public Education Act passed. A separate education act failed.

And I agree we may as well get to debating it since the queuejump is already done, I was just voicing my dissent.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Welsh Cowboy wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

Why? The only new post is a three-line whip for the EE?

The party's stance is of no relevance, let's just debate the substance of the proposals.

Get them done, move on.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Battlion wrote:

Now, moving back to this

German-Spanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German-Spanish Empire » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 pm

With all do respect Mr.President there are bills of actual importance that you are jumping over here,please rethink your decision.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 pm

German-Spanish Empire wrote:

With all do respect Mr.President there are bills of actual importance that you are jumping over here,please rethink your decision.

The decision was made, can we stop worrying about the President's actions and more about the substance of the bills before us.

And bills of actual importance, is education reform for the sake of our children and our ability to compete in the global race not of actual importance.

German-Spanish Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby German-Spanish Empire » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Battlion wrote:

The decision was made, can we stop worrying about the President's actions and more about the substance of the bills before us.

And bills of actual importance, is education reform for the sake of our children and our ability to compete in the global race not of actual importance.

There are millions of people that are not children that also need help such as the elders,Senator.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Battlion wrote:

There are millions of people that are not children that also need help such as the elders,Senator.

Again, substance of the bill please.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Battlion wrote:

I do care about the elderly but in reality, our children are our future and the old have had their time in the sun (well most of them at least). We must work to give our children the best start in life before making sure our elderly have the best retirement.
My political compass:
I am a Conservative (UK)

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I have to say that I agree with several of my colleagues, collecting taxes is more important than educational reform.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Last edited by Free South Califas on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

German-Spanish Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby German-Spanish Empire » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Britcan wrote:I have to say that I agree with several of my colleagues, collecting taxes is more important than educational reform.

I agree with you Senator,thank you for having common sense.

German-Spanish Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby German-Spanish Empire » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Rumostan wrote:

I do care about the elderly but in reality, our children are our future and the old have had their time in the sun (well most of them at least). We must work to give our children the best start in life before making sure our elderly have the best retirement.

The very welfare of our nation is at risk such as taxes.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives