NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed May 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Debate time is over, guys.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Wed May 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Jetan wrote:Vote YES to NATO, don't let the communist propaganda get to you.

I am as far from a communist as it gets and i support the same missive.

NATO is a shortsighted and misguided venture and attaching ourselves to it in place of relying on Nationals for defense is Moronic.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed May 29, 2013 12:48 pm

And independent Aurentina is an respectable one so vote against NATO.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Wed May 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Celritannia wrote:Firearms Act: Aye
RNAT: Abstain
ISA: Abstain
CAFA: Aye

I encourage you to vote against the ISA and for the RNAT, my monarchist brethren.

I don't want to lose my personal guard. :(
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Wed May 29, 2013 12:54 pm

CTALNH wrote:

Vote NO to NATO the bourgeois are gonna sell their own country!

I agree with (insult political insult here) my fellow senator. We must not sell ourselves to nato in exchange for "protection", which we can do ourselves!
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Here are the bills in the National Defense and Security Act omnibus:

aye for all.
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm

NATIONAL DEFENSE AND SECURITY ACT
Voting ends 2013/05/31 at 02:14 UTC

Firearms Act
For: 41
Against: 36
Blank: 0
Total: 77
Abstain: 4

Ratification of North Atlantic Treaty
For: 37
Against: 40
Total: 77
Abstain: 2
Unclear Vote: 1

Internal Security Act
For: 47
Against: 30
Blank: 1
Total: 78
Abstain: 3

Commonwealth Armed Forces Act
For: 61
Against: 17
Total: 78
Abstain: 1

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Chezek
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chezek » Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Grenartia wrote:Here are the bills in the National Defense and Security Act omnibus:
Britcan wrote:
Firearms Act (2013)
Urgency: Moderate

Drafted by: Britcan [TR]
Sponsored by: Ceannairceach [TR], Polvia [RG], Great Nepal [CFE], Agritum [TR], Arglorand [TR]

I) The private ownership of all fully automatic and burst-fire weapons, any firearm with a magazine capable of holding more than seven rounds, any firearms disguised as another item, rockets and mortars, any weapon designed or adapted for the discharge of noxious gases, fluids or other substance and any firearms that previously fell into a prohibited category but have since been converted is hereby banned.

II) The ownership of explosive, incendiary, noxious (biological, chemical) and armour piercing ammunition types by civilians is hereby banned.

III) The possession, provided the owner has a valid Firearms Ownership Certificate (henceforth known as a FOC), for each weapon, of all other types of firearm and their ammunition is permitted. All firearms must be kept in a secure storage unit on the property of the owner.

IV) In order to acquire a FOC, which shall be issued by the police, the owner must; be over 18 years of age, have no criminal record, be able to convince the police that they have a good reason for owning the weapon if the case manager requests them to do so, have no record of serious mental health issues, be able to provide the police with a valid form of identification, give the police two referees of good character who may be interviewed by the police at the discretion of the case manager, have the storage unit where the weapon will be kept inspected and deemed sufficiently secure by the police, go through an interview with a police officer if the case manager deems it necessary and submit to a thorough background check. Case managers are encouraged to go through as many steps as are necessary to confirm beyond reasonable doubt that the owner will not be a threat to others. Only when all these steps have been satisfactorily completed will a license be issued, which must be renewed every 5 years.

V) Good reason may include, but is not limited to, target shooting, hunting, self defence and the collection of historic and black-powder weapons, but not participation in a paramilitary. If the reason for owning the weapon is self defence the weapon must be kept inside the home of the owner at all times. Case managers are encouraged to evaluate if the reason for ownership justifies the gun they intend to purchase.

VI) The penalty for the possession of a firearm without a certificate is a maximum of fifteen years in prison and an unlimited fine. The penalty for removing a firearm intended for self defence from the home is the confiscation of all the owners weapons, the revocation of their FOCs and a fine of up to 10,000NSD.

VII) The ownership of air pistols with a muzzle energy of under 8J and air rifles of energy under 16J without a licence for any person over the age of 16 is permitted and a person under 16 years of age may use an airgun while under the supervision of an adult. Weapons of higher energy are considered firearms and must be licensed as such. If a person is convicted of engaging in a crime while in possession of an airgun of any power they are to be considered armed, regardless of wether it was loaded or if they intended to use it.

VIII) The ownership of airsoft or other soft air guns firing plastic BBs without a licence provided the muzzle of the gun is painted a bright orange is permitted. However, they cannot be sold to persons under the age of 16 although persons under the age of 16 are permitted to use them while under supervision by an adult. In order to own a realistically painted soft air or other plastic BB gun a person must be at least 16 years of age, have a valid reason for wanting to own one (i.e. for airsoft skirmishing or re-enacting) and be a regular at an insured airsoft site.

Great Nepal wrote:
Urgency: Very High| Drafted by: Great Nepal| Co-sponsors: The Republic of Lanos, Unicario, Othelos, Grenartia, Rohamistan

This senate recognises need for international cooperation to keep international peace and maintain regional and interregional stability as well as to reduce international conflicts. Furthermore, this senate also recognises North Atlantic Treaty Organization (also referred to as "the organisation") to be one of the leading organisations for keeping international peace. Senate also recognises the inherent benefits associated with being party of an international mutual defence, military alliance. In recognition of this, and as a reply to NATO invitation to our nation this senate hereby passes following act by powers vested in it by the constitution and the people of this great nation.

Section 1: Ratification
This senate via act, by the powers vested in it ratifies "The North Atlantic Treaty" and all other treaties associated with it in good faith, and in their entirety without any reservations, exception or circumscription.

Section 2: Authorisation of Expenses
In order to provide for participation in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, this act recognises need for expenses which may arise from time to time to finance the share of the expenses of the Organization and all necessary salaries and expenses of the permanent representatives to the organisation. This act therefore provides discretionary spending of $500,000 per annum on matters associated with the organisation. This act further provides contingency funds of $100,000 per annum for matters associated with the organisation. This act however does nothing to prevent further spending by government through annual budget.

Section 3: Appointment of Permanent Representative
So as to ensure national interests are presented in the organisation, a senior ambassador along with team of appropriate team of permanent representatives will be appointed by president under advice and consent of the senate. All the permanent representatives will have rank equivalent to diplomat with exception of ambassador. Salaries and expenses of these representatives will be paid by the state. The term of senior ambassador and permanent representatives will not exceed period of six months, at end of which consent of senate must be requested again. Senate may at will, recall either ambassador or permanent representatives with normal majority.

Section 4: Support for NATO operations
So as to facilitate support for NATO operations, this act sets up crisis response directive (CRD): This will provide assistance in civilian missions to NATO nation and shall work alongside assistance provided by Iceland. It shall engage with populace and governments as well as acting as mediator between two sides.

Costa Alegria wrote:
Internal Security Act (2013)
Co-drafted by: Michael Blumenthal (Costa Alegria) and Ivan Schiavone (Wolfmanne) (Both PC) || Urgency: High
Co-sponsors: Grenartia (TR), The Realm of God (PC), Othelos (PC), Greater Pokarnia (CP), Aeken (LD)

Preamble
The security of our nation is a top priority for the government and the Senate. Election to the Senate gives you the responsibility to ensure that you can hold the government to account in ensuring the safety and security of our people. However, it is not the responsibility of individual political parties to act as the judge, jury and executioner, for only multiple political parties and not just one can hold the government to account. Furthermore, we recognise that whether you support or oppose the Right to Bear Arms, in a time such as this, we need to reach a compromise until specific firearms legislation promoting or restricting the ownership of guns. In order to further the government's ability to ensure the security of this nation, we see the need for the creation of a government organisation to do just that, as evidenced by the 1st Festival of Republic, where armed right-wing paramilitaries are attempting to agitate left-wing paramilitaries into destabilising the nation.

Article 1: Formation
1a: In light of potential civil war and for use in a time of a national or regional emergency the Aurentinian National Gendarmerie is to be established under the auspices of the Ministry of the Interior.
1b: A National Gendarmerie Training Academy shall also be established with the function of training officers.
1c: Also establishes specially trained sub-forces for special operations and riot control.
1d: The National Gendarmerie shall be organised into a series of Brigades consisting of a number of Regiments from different regions.
1e: In times of war, the Nationla Gendarmerie or individual Brigades and Regiments may be drafted by the National Defense Force to provide rear security, police the military and for national defense against external threats, based upon the threat to national security this war may have. Gendarmes are to be considered a part of the military and not civilians, however whilst the Aurentinian National Gendarmrie is considered to be a military organisation, it does not come under the National Defense Force but the Ministry of the Interior, unless they have been drafted.
1d: All National Gendarmerie officers shall be accountable for their actions and subject to review by both the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Justice.
1f: Gendarmes shall have policing powers as established by the Policing and Law Enforcement Act in situations where which require the tempoary deployment of National Guard personnel or within jurisidictions that apply to the National Gendarmerie.

Article 2: Jurisdiction and Deployment
2a: The Aurentinian National Gendarmerie shall provide security of public institutions, ministries and courts, embassies and consulates international airports, national museums, nuclear power plants, riots & crowds control, publicly crowded events and our national borders.
2b: The Aurentinian National Gendarmerie shall conduct high risk arrests, disaster response, SWAT operations, the suppression of internal armed conflicts and riots, the policing of areas without a sufficient amount of civilian police, to support local constabularies and counter-terrorism operations.
2c: Herein also decrees that the National Gendarmerie shall assist the Police, Emergency Medical Services and the Fire Service in times of natural or man-made disaster.

Article 3: Uniforms and Equipment
3a: All members of the National Gendarmerie shall have three primary uniforms: Dress, Operational and Ceremonial.
3b: Operational uniforms shall consist of a standard red beret, black bulletproof vest and belt kit (both of which should not intrude into how the officer moves), a khaki green polo shirt and light khaki button shirt along with accompanying jersey and cargo pants as well as black combat boots.
3c: Mandating that all National Gendarmerie officers on duty may carry the following equipment:
One pair of handcuffs.
One telescopic baton.
One can of CS spray.
One personal radio set.
The badge of the National Gendarmerie.
Additionally, it shall be mandated that all National Gendarmeie officers shall have the minimum of one firearm per officer with spare ammunition as the officer sees fit.
3d: Mandating that all National Gendarmerie officers use firearms that use the same calibre of ammunition as both the National Defense Force and the National Police Force. Officers may also use firearms seized from criminals and paramilitaries as long as they comply with safety regulations and are military grade or the equivalent.
3e: Herein forbids officers to use firearms which are temporarily seized from their owners or garishly decorated.
3f: Recommending that the National Gendarmerie adopt a standardised vehicle for their respective tasks.
3g: Mandating that all non-combat vehicles carry a green and white livery with blue lights. Mandating that all combat vehicles carry a dark green livery with white letters and orange hazard lights.
3h: Allowing National Gendarmerie officers to use non-combat and combat ground vehicles in operations.
3i: Allowing National Gendarmerie officers the use of seized or captured non-combat and combat vehicles.

Article 4: On Paramilitaries
4a: All paramilitaries, with the exception of those under the auspices of government agencies, are to be formally disbanded, including those under political parties and those otherwise independent from them, such as vigilante groups or citizen militias.
4b: All paramilitaries are to surrender their arms, munitions and vehicles with mounted weaponry that may have the potential of causing lethal harm to others to the Ministry of Justice, who shall issue disarmament warrants to law enforcement agencies.
4c: Paramilitaries that fail to disarm or be disbanded are to be designated as terrorist organisations. If they are under the auspices of a parent organisation, such as a political party, then they are to dissuade links from that paramilitary or they to shall be considered a terrorist organisation.
4d: The creation of new paramilitaries, vigilante groups and citizen militias is banned and all new paramilitaries are to be recognised as terrorist organisations. Any organisations, such as political parties, that endorse new paramilitaries, vigilante groups and citizen militias are also to be designated as terrorist organisations.
4e: Paramilitaries or individual members who fail to disarm may be arrested and trialed on the charges of refusal to disarm, illegal promotion of paramilitary activities and terrorism.
4f: Hereby mandates that members of demobilised political paramilitaries and other armed organisations as outlined in Article 4a may enlist with the National Gendarmerie provided they meet entry requirements.

Article 5: Private Security
5a: A security officer, or security guard, shall be defined as a privately and formally employed uniformed citizen who is paid and qualified to protect property, assets, or people by maintaining a high visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing for signs of crime, fire or disorder and either reporting the incident to the local constabulary or using necessary force to suppress the perpetrator in the event that the physical well being of others can be potentially harmed, via a citizen's arrest or the usage of force as a last resort.
5b: The Office of Security Industry Regulation (Ofsecure) is established to regulate the security industry, to formally license security officers and to formally award qualifications to security trainees.
5c: Ofsecure shall establish a series of qualifications that are a basic requirement to be licensed as a security officer. The first is the Ofsecure Certification of Basic Security, which shall consist of 48 hours of training and upon completion, allows an individual to be employed as an unarmed security officer in all private properties. The other two qualifications are the Ofsecure Certification of Armed Security, which consists of 12 hours of training and upon completion, allows an individual to be employed as an armed security officer on all private properties and the Ofsecure Certification of Security Maintenance, which consists of 24 hours of training and upon completion, allows an individual to design, install, and repair security devices.
5d: To be issued a license from Ofsecure, a prospective security officer must be aged 18, must have completed upper secondary education as defined by the International Standard Classification of Education, be subject to approval by the local constabulary, pass a test, have at least obtained the Ofsecure Certification of Basic Security as a minimum and have no ongoing mental health issues or have a criminal record or be a convicted felon. The license should list all of the Ofsecure security qualifications obtained.
5e: License renewal shall occur every 5 years and shall consist of the same standard tests. Qualifications are renewed by passing a written paper regarding the subject.
5f: A security officer is to be uniformed in an appropriate manner and may not wear clothing or emblems of anything that is militaristic or promotes the ideology of political party. A security officer may wear a beret or a peaked cap and is to be dressed in a uniform that is predominantly blue or black.
5g: A security officer may make a citizen's arrest (defined in Article 4) if necessary or may assist a law enforcement officer in making an arrest, if requested to do so by the said officer.
5h: An armed security officer must comply with any firearms legislation that may be set, including any licensing requirement or any background checks that are required to be made.
5i: Private security companies must register with Ofsecure and they are only permitted to employ qualified, licensed security officers.
5j: Private security companies will be subject to inspections by Ofsecure.
5k: Private security companies are required to offer qualifications training in all three certificates categories.

Article 6: Citizen's Arrest
6a: A Citizen's Arrest may be made if against anyone in the act of committing an offense, or whom the arrestor has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be in the act of committing an offence.
6b: A Citizen's Arrest may also be made where an offence has been committed, anyone who is guilty of that offence or whom the arrestor has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be guilty of it.
6c: A Citizen's Arrest is not permitted if there is a law enforcement officer who is in a better position to make an arrest.
6d: Reasonability in a citizen's arrest shall be defined as the prevention of physical injury to the arrestee or others, the loss or damage of property and the absconding before a law enforcement officer can assume responsibility for him. In addition, if the offender has committed any of these acts, then a citizen's arrest may be conducted.

Article 5: Terrorist Organisations
7a: A terrorist organisation shall be defined as an armed paramilitary, vigilante or citizen militias that have refused to be disarmed in accordance with the paramilitary ban in Articles 1a.
7b: Herein also extends the definition of terrorist organisations as groups that acts, or has the potential to act, in a violent manner towards the state and its citizens and those that commit acts of violence against the state and its citizens for the advancement of an agenda.
7c: The Ministry of Justice may declare an organisation that does not operate in Aurentina that has received internationally widespread condemnation for the violent manner in which it has acted.

Old Tyrannia wrote:

Urgency: High | Sponsors: Old Tyrannia, Evraim, Strykla, Byzantium Imperial, Great Nepal

THE SENATE OF AURENTINA,

RECOGNIZING that the Commonwealth of Aurentina currently lacks an organized military force, and that this leaves our nation vulnerable to attack;

MANDATES the formation of a national military, officially titled the Commonwealth Armed Forces;

FURTHER MANDATES the division of the Armed Forces into three branches of service, the Commonwealth Navy, the Commonwealth Army and the Commonwealth Airforce;

ESTABLISHES the Commonwealth General Headquarters as the governing body of the CAF, to be composed of the most senior officers of the three branches of service, appointed by and answerable to the Minister of Defence.

ESTABLISHES that the prerogative to declare war shall remain solely with the Senate;

ESTABLISHES the Chiefs of Staff as professional heads of the Armed Forces, including:
  • The General Chief of Staff - Professional Head of the Commonwealth Army
  • The Chief of Naval Staff - Professional Head of the Commonwealth Navy
  • The Chief of Airforce Staff - Professional Head of the Commonwealth Airforce
  • The Chief of Defence Staff - Professional Head of the entire Commonwealth Armed Forces

MANDATES that all physically and mentally fit citizens of 16 years of age and without criminal records may join the Commonwealth Armed Forces:

FURTHER MANDATES that citizens may be deployed for active duty at 18 years of age;

RECOGNIZING that enlistment in the CAF must be voluntary;

ALLOWING conscription only under a state of national emergency declared by the Senate, and mandating that conscripts with a deeply held moral objection to fighting be allowed to serve in non-combat roles.

ESTABLISHES that the salary of personnel in the CAF shall be decided by the Ministry of Defence;

MANDATES that the minimal length of service for CAF personnel shall be five years, with the option to serve an additional two years and so on until personnel are no longer physically or mentally able;

ESTABLISHES that the pension arrangements of CAF personnel shall be organized by the Ministry of Defence, subject to the approval of the Senate.

THUS ESTABLISHES the Commonwealth Armed Forces.

No on all except for the Armed forces bill.

Seelelander
Secretary

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seelelander » Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Nay to all but the Commonwealth Armed Forces Act

Aenyswir
Civilian

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aenyswir » Wed May 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Britcan wrote:
Firearms Act (2013)
Urgency: Moderate

Drafted by: Britcan [TR]
Sponsored by: Ceannairceach [TR], Polvia [RG], Great Nepal [CFE], Agritum [TR], Arglorand [TR]

I) The private ownership of all fully automatic and burst-fire weapons, any firearm with a magazine capable of holding more than seven rounds, any firearms disguised as another item, rockets and mortars, any weapon designed or adapted for the discharge of noxious gases, fluids or other substance and any firearms that previously fell into a prohibited category but have since been converted is hereby banned.

II) The ownership of explosive, incendiary, noxious (biological, chemical) and armour piercing ammunition types by civilians is hereby banned.

III) The possession, provided the owner has a valid Firearms Ownership Certificate (henceforth known as a FOC), for each weapon, of all other types of firearm and their ammunition is permitted. All firearms must be kept in a secure storage unit on the property of the owner.

IV) In order to acquire a FOC, which shall be issued by the police, the owner must; be over 18 years of age, have no criminal record, be able to convince the police that they have a good reason for owning the weapon if the case manager requests them to do so, have no record of serious mental health issues, be able to provide the police with a valid form of identification, give the police two referees of good character who may be interviewed by the police at the discretion of the case manager, have the storage unit where the weapon will be kept inspected and deemed sufficiently secure by the police, go through an interview with a police officer if the case manager deems it necessary and submit to a thorough background check. Case managers are encouraged to go through as many steps as are necessary to confirm beyond reasonable doubt that the owner will not be a threat to others. Only when all these steps have been satisfactorily completed will a license be issued, which must be renewed every 5 years.

V) Good reason may include, but is not limited to, target shooting, hunting, self defence and the collection of historic and black-powder weapons, but not participation in a paramilitary. If the reason for owning the weapon is self defence the weapon must be kept inside the home of the owner at all times. Case managers are encouraged to evaluate if the reason for ownership justifies the gun they intend to purchase.

VI) The penalty for the possession of a firearm without a certificate is a maximum of fifteen years in prison and an unlimited fine. The penalty for removing a firearm intended for self defence from the home is the confiscation of all the owners weapons, the revocation of their FOCs and a fine of up to 10,000NSD.

VII) The ownership of air pistols with a muzzle energy of under 8J and air rifles of energy under 16J without a licence for any person over the age of 16 is permitted and a person under 16 years of age may use an airgun while under the supervision of an adult. Weapons of higher energy are considered firearms and must be licensed as such. If a person is convicted of engaging in a crime while in possession of an airgun of any power they are to be considered armed, regardless of wether it was loaded or if they intended to use it.

VIII) The ownership of airsoft or other soft air guns firing plastic BBs without a licence provided the muzzle of the gun is painted a bright orange is permitted. However, they cannot be sold to persons under the age of 16 although persons under the age of 16 are permitted to use them while under supervision by an adult. In order to own a realistically painted soft air or other plastic BB gun a person must be at least 16 years of age, have a valid reason for wanting to own one (i.e. for airsoft skirmishing or re-enacting) and be a regular at an insured airsoft site.

Great Nepal wrote:
Urgency: Very High| Drafted by: Great Nepal| Co-sponsors: The Republic of Lanos, Unicario, Othelos, Grenartia, Rohamistan

This senate recognises need for international cooperation to keep international peace and maintain regional and interregional stability as well as to reduce international conflicts. Furthermore, this senate also recognises North Atlantic Treaty Organization (also referred to as "the organisation") to be one of the leading organisations for keeping international peace. Senate also recognises the inherent benefits associated with being party of an international mutual defence, military alliance. In recognition of this, and as a reply to NATO invitation to our nation this senate hereby passes following act by powers vested in it by the constitution and the people of this great nation.

Section 1: Ratification
This senate via act, by the powers vested in it ratifies "The North Atlantic Treaty" and all other treaties associated with it in good faith, and in their entirety without any reservations, exception or circumscription.

Section 2: Authorisation of Expenses
In order to provide for participation in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, this act recognises need for expenses which may arise from time to time to finance the share of the expenses of the Organization and all necessary salaries and expenses of the permanent representatives to the organisation. This act therefore provides discretionary spending of $500,000 per annum on matters associated with the organisation. This act further provides contingency funds of $100,000 per annum for matters associated with the organisation. This act however does nothing to prevent further spending by government through annual budget.

Section 3: Appointment of Permanent Representative
So as to ensure national interests are presented in the organisation, a senior ambassador along with team of appropriate team of permanent representatives will be appointed by president under advice and consent of the senate. All the permanent representatives will have rank equivalent to diplomat with exception of ambassador. Salaries and expenses of these representatives will be paid by the state. The term of senior ambassador and permanent representatives will not exceed period of six months, at end of which consent of senate must be requested again. Senate may at will, recall either ambassador or permanent representatives with normal majority.

Section 4: Support for NATO operations
So as to facilitate support for NATO operations, this act sets up crisis response directive (CRD): This will provide assistance in civilian missions to NATO nation and shall work alongside assistance provided by Iceland. It shall engage with populace and governments as well as acting as mediator between two sides.

Costa Alegria wrote:
Internal Security Act (2013)
Co-drafted by: Michael Blumenthal (Costa Alegria) and Ivan Schiavone (Wolfmanne) (Both PC) || Urgency: High
Co-sponsors: Grenartia (TR), The Realm of God (PC), Othelos (PC), Greater Pokarnia (CP), Aeken (LD)

Preamble
The security of our nation is a top priority for the government and the Senate. Election to the Senate gives you the responsibility to ensure that you can hold the government to account in ensuring the safety and security of our people. However, it is not the responsibility of individual political parties to act as the judge, jury and executioner, for only multiple political parties and not just one can hold the government to account. Furthermore, we recognise that whether you support or oppose the Right to Bear Arms, in a time such as this, we need to reach a compromise until specific firearms legislation promoting or restricting the ownership of guns. In order to further the government's ability to ensure the security of this nation, we see the need for the creation of a government organisation to do just that, as evidenced by the 1st Festival of Republic, where armed right-wing paramilitaries are attempting to agitate left-wing paramilitaries into destabilising the nation.

Article 1: Formation
1a: In light of potential civil war and for use in a time of a national or regional emergency the Aurentinian National Gendarmerie is to be established under the auspices of the Ministry of the Interior.
1b: A National Gendarmerie Training Academy shall also be established with the function of training officers.
1c: Also establishes specially trained sub-forces for special operations and riot control.
1d: The National Gendarmerie shall be organised into a series of Brigades consisting of a number of Regiments from different regions.
1e: In times of war, the Nationla Gendarmerie or individual Brigades and Regiments may be drafted by the National Defense Force to provide rear security, police the military and for national defense against external threats, based upon the threat to national security this war may have. Gendarmes are to be considered a part of the military and not civilians, however whilst the Aurentinian National Gendarmrie is considered to be a military organisation, it does not come under the National Defense Force but the Ministry of the Interior, unless they have been drafted.
1d: All National Gendarmerie officers shall be accountable for their actions and subject to review by both the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Justice.
1f: Gendarmes shall have policing powers as established by the Policing and Law Enforcement Act in situations where which require the tempoary deployment of National Guard personnel or within jurisidictions that apply to the National Gendarmerie.

Article 2: Jurisdiction and Deployment
2a: The Aurentinian National Gendarmerie shall provide security of public institutions, ministries and courts, embassies and consulates international airports, national museums, nuclear power plants, riots & crowds control, publicly crowded events and our national borders.
2b: The Aurentinian National Gendarmerie shall conduct high risk arrests, disaster response, SWAT operations, the suppression of internal armed conflicts and riots, the policing of areas without a sufficient amount of civilian police, to support local constabularies and counter-terrorism operations.
2c: Herein also decrees that the National Gendarmerie shall assist the Police, Emergency Medical Services and the Fire Service in times of natural or man-made disaster.

Article 3: Uniforms and Equipment
3a: All members of the National Gendarmerie shall have three primary uniforms: Dress, Operational and Ceremonial.
3b: Operational uniforms shall consist of a standard red beret, black bulletproof vest and belt kit (both of which should not intrude into how the officer moves), a khaki green polo shirt and light khaki button shirt along with accompanying jersey and cargo pants as well as black combat boots.
3c: Mandating that all National Gendarmerie officers on duty may carry the following equipment:
One pair of handcuffs.
One telescopic baton.
One can of CS spray.
One personal radio set.
The badge of the National Gendarmerie.
Additionally, it shall be mandated that all National Gendarmeie officers shall have the minimum of one firearm per officer with spare ammunition as the officer sees fit.
3d: Mandating that all National Gendarmerie officers use firearms that use the same calibre of ammunition as both the National Defense Force and the National Police Force. Officers may also use firearms seized from criminals and paramilitaries as long as they comply with safety regulations and are military grade or the equivalent.
3e: Herein forbids officers to use firearms which are temporarily seized from their owners or garishly decorated.
3f: Recommending that the National Gendarmerie adopt a standardised vehicle for their respective tasks.
3g: Mandating that all non-combat vehicles carry a green and white livery with blue lights. Mandating that all combat vehicles carry a dark green livery with white letters and orange hazard lights.
3h: Allowing National Gendarmerie officers to use non-combat and combat ground vehicles in operations.
3i: Allowing National Gendarmerie officers the use of seized or captured non-combat and combat vehicles.

Article 4: On Paramilitaries
4a: All paramilitaries, with the exception of those under the auspices of government agencies, are to be formally disbanded, including those under political parties and those otherwise independent from them, such as vigilante groups or citizen militias.
4b: All paramilitaries are to surrender their arms, munitions and vehicles with mounted weaponry that may have the potential of causing lethal harm to others to the Ministry of Justice, who shall issue disarmament warrants to law enforcement agencies.
4c: Paramilitaries that fail to disarm or be disbanded are to be designated as terrorist organisations. If they are under the auspices of a parent organisation, such as a political party, then they are to dissuade links from that paramilitary or they to shall be considered a terrorist organisation.
4d: The creation of new paramilitaries, vigilante groups and citizen militias is banned and all new paramilitaries are to be recognised as terrorist organisations. Any organisations, such as political parties, that endorse new paramilitaries, vigilante groups and citizen militias are also to be designated as terrorist organisations.
4e: Paramilitaries or individual members who fail to disarm may be arrested and trialed on the charges of refusal to disarm, illegal promotion of paramilitary activities and terrorism.
4f: Hereby mandates that members of demobilised political paramilitaries and other armed organisations as outlined in Article 4a may enlist with the National Gendarmerie provided they meet entry requirements.

Article 5: Private Security
5a: A security officer, or security guard, shall be defined as a privately and formally employed uniformed citizen who is paid and qualified to protect property, assets, or people by maintaining a high visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing for signs of crime, fire or disorder and either reporting the incident to the local constabulary or using necessary force to suppress the perpetrator in the event that the physical well being of others can be potentially harmed, via a citizen's arrest or the usage of force as a last resort.
5b: The Office of Security Industry Regulation (Ofsecure) is established to regulate the security industry, to formally license security officers and to formally award qualifications to security trainees.
5c: Ofsecure shall establish a series of qualifications that are a basic requirement to be licensed as a security officer. The first is the Ofsecure Certification of Basic Security, which shall consist of 48 hours of training and upon completion, allows an individual to be employed as an unarmed security officer in all private properties. The other two qualifications are the Ofsecure Certification of Armed Security, which consists of 12 hours of training and upon completion, allows an individual to be employed as an armed security officer on all private properties and the Ofsecure Certification of Security Maintenance, which consists of 24 hours of training and upon completion, allows an individual to design, install, and repair security devices.
5d: To be issued a license from Ofsecure, a prospective security officer must be aged 18, must have completed upper secondary education as defined by the International Standard Classification of Education, be subject to approval by the local constabulary, pass a test, have at least obtained the Ofsecure Certification of Basic Security as a minimum and have no ongoing mental health issues or have a criminal record or be a convicted felon. The license should list all of the Ofsecure security qualifications obtained.
5e: License renewal shall occur every 5 years and shall consist of the same standard tests. Qualifications are renewed by passing a written paper regarding the subject.
5f: A security officer is to be uniformed in an appropriate manner and may not wear clothing or emblems of anything that is militaristic or promotes the ideology of political party. A security officer may wear a beret or a peaked cap and is to be dressed in a uniform that is predominantly blue or black.
5g: A security officer may make a citizen's arrest (defined in Article 4) if necessary or may assist a law enforcement officer in making an arrest, if requested to do so by the said officer.
5h: An armed security officer must comply with any firearms legislation that may be set, including any licensing requirement or any background checks that are required to be made.
5i: Private security companies must register with Ofsecure and they are only permitted to employ qualified, licensed security officers.
5j: Private security companies will be subject to inspections by Ofsecure.
5k: Private security companies are required to offer qualifications training in all three certificates categories.

Article 6: Citizen's Arrest
6a: A Citizen's Arrest may be made if against anyone in the act of committing an offense, or whom the arrestor has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be in the act of committing an offence.
6b: A Citizen's Arrest may also be made where an offence has been committed, anyone who is guilty of that offence or whom the arrestor has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be guilty of it.
6c: A Citizen's Arrest is not permitted if there is a law enforcement officer who is in a better position to make an arrest.
6d: Reasonability in a citizen's arrest shall be defined as the prevention of physical injury to the arrestee or others, the loss or damage of property and the absconding before a law enforcement officer can assume responsibility for him. In addition, if the offender has committed any of these acts, then a citizen's arrest may be conducted.

Article 5: Terrorist Organisations
7a: A terrorist organisation shall be defined as an armed paramilitary, vigilante or citizen militias that have refused to be disarmed in accordance with the paramilitary ban in Articles 1a.
7b: Herein also extends the definition of terrorist organisations as groups that acts, or has the potential to act, in a violent manner towards the state and its citizens and those that commit acts of violence against the state and its citizens for the advancement of an agenda.
7c: The Ministry of Justice may declare an organisation that does not operate in Aurentina that has received internationally widespread condemnation for the violent manner in which it has acted.

Old Tyrannia wrote:

Urgency: High | Sponsors: Old Tyrannia, Evraim, Strykla, Byzantium Imperial, Great Nepal

THE SENATE OF AURENTINA,

RECOGNIZING that the Commonwealth of Aurentina currently lacks an organized military force, and that this leaves our nation vulnerable to attack;

MANDATES the formation of a national military, officially titled the Commonwealth Armed Forces;

FURTHER MANDATES the division of the Armed Forces into three branches of service, the Commonwealth Navy, the Commonwealth Army and the Commonwealth Airforce;

ESTABLISHES the Commonwealth General Headquarters as the governing body of the CAF, to be composed of the most senior officers of the three branches of service, appointed by and answerable to the Minister of Defence.

ESTABLISHES that the prerogative to declare war shall remain solely with the Senate;

ESTABLISHES the Chiefs of Staff as professional heads of the Armed Forces, including:
  • The General Chief of Staff - Professional Head of the Commonwealth Army
  • The Chief of Naval Staff - Professional Head of the Commonwealth Navy
  • The Chief of Airforce Staff - Professional Head of the Commonwealth Airforce
  • The Chief of Defence Staff - Professional Head of the entire Commonwealth Armed Forces

MANDATES that all physically and mentally fit citizens of 16 years of age and without criminal records may join the Commonwealth Armed Forces:

FURTHER MANDATES that citizens may be deployed for active duty at 18 years of age;

RECOGNIZING that enlistment in the CAF must be voluntary;

ALLOWING conscription only under a state of national emergency declared by the Senate, and mandating that conscripts with a deeply held moral objection to fighting be allowed to serve in non-combat roles.

ESTABLISHES that the salary of personnel in the CAF shall be decided by the Ministry of Defence;

MANDATES that the minimal length of service for CAF personnel shall be five years, with the option to serve an additional two years and so on until personnel are no longer physically or mentally able;

ESTABLISHES that the pension arrangements of CAF personnel shall be organized by the Ministry of Defence, subject to the approval of the Senate.

THUS ESTABLISHES the Commonwealth Armed Forces.

Nay to Firearms Act.

Nay to Ratification to North Atlantic Treaty

Nay to Internal Security Act

Yea to Commonwealth Armed Forces Act

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Please specify your vote on each act. Saying 'nay on all but X' does not tell me what your vote on X is.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Yanalia wrote:Please specify your vote on each act. Saying 'nay on all but X' does not tell me what your vote on X is.

Take an educated guess dammit!
People will say abstain and blank if they want to. Everyone else operates on a yes/no basis
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Wed May 29, 2013 1:24 pm

I vote four times aye: AYE on the Firearms Act, AYE on NATO, AYE on the ISA, AYE on the CAFA.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Wed May 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Yanalia wrote:Please specify your vote on each act. Saying 'nay on all but X' does not tell me what your vote on X is.

People will say abstain and blank if they want to. Everyone else operates on a yes/no basis

It's better to be sure, then you won't have a bunch of bickering later on if the vote count was screwed up.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Wed May 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:

It's an excuse to not count votes freind.

Stacking the deck so to speak.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Take an educated guess dammit!

It's an excuse to not count votes freind.

Stacking the deck so to speak.

It is not an excuse to not count votes. I voted for the CAFA; why would I want to exclude votes for it?

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm

I vote against the national security and defense act.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Timsvill
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Timsvill » Wed May 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Yanalia wrote:

Firearms Act
For: 37
Against: 36
Total: 73

For: 33
Against: 40
Total: 73

Internal Security Act
For: 43
Against: 30
Total: 74

For: 57
Against: 17
Total: 74

yea for all 4 of them!
Right Wing Libertarian

“I love my country, not my government.”
― Jesse Ventura

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Diopolis wrote:I vote against the national security and defense act.

You must vote for each section separately, Dio. And I am ordering you, as the only person in the party who can give you an order, to vote for the CAFA.

Even though it's not really necessary.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Wed May 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I vote against the national security and defense act.

You must vote for each section separately, Dio. And I am ordering you, as the only person in the party who can give you an order, to vote for the CAFA.

Even though it's not really necessary.

Fascist much bro?
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Denecaep
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Denecaep » Wed May 29, 2013 1:41 pm

I vote "aye" to all except NATO ratification, and I vote "nay" on NATO ratification.
Founding Senator Dene Caep of the NSG Senate

The United Soviet Socialist Republic
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Soviet Socialist Republic » Wed May 29, 2013 1:42 pm

AGAINST all except CAFA.
Gay and Proudand also a brony
Political Compass:Left: 7.76, Authoritarian: 5.6
I am: Fascist/Corporatist on economy,
Conservative on social issues(Support same sex marriage),
Anti secularist on religion,
Anti-Republican on government,
Interventionist/Imperialist on international issues

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Firearms Act
For: 43
Against: 41
Total: 84

For: 38
Against: 46
Total: 84

Internal Security Act
For: 49
Against: 35
Total: 85

For: 64
Against: 18
Total: 82
Unclear Vote: 4

Deckersia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deckersia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:50 pm

I encourage my fellow senators who enjoy civil liberties or want to increase civil liberties to re-read the Firearms Act and the Internal Security Act.
Deckersian National Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4AHoBJgvY

Independent Member of the NSG Senate - Senator Daniel Swanson (Male)

Great Terran Republic
Minister

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Terran Republic » Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Nay to all proposals
http://www.nstracker.net/military=great_terran_republic
I am Born Again Christian

Pro- Christianity, Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Lebanese Phalange, Autocracy, Bashir Gemayel, Chetnik Serbia, Christian minority rights, Libertarian Capitalism

Anti- Socialism, Communism, leftism, satanism, LGBT, illumanati, Satanism, Militant Atheism, Radical Islam, Crack, Cocaine, the CIA, Freemasons, Mormonism, Watchtower, Pedophile rings

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives