NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Coffee Shop [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Fri May 03, 2013 6:21 pm

The Realm of God wrote:Something for you.

.......................................................................................

Small Business Assistance Act.

Drafted by: The Realm of God (Progressive Conservative)

Co-Sponsored by: New Freedomstan (USLP.), Radiatia (Progressive Conservative)

RECOGNISES that this nation has no agency or support system for small business.

UNDERSTANDS that small business is often a life line for those who want to better their lives and provide for their family.

OBSERVES that starting a small business is often expensive and out of reach for most of our poorest.

THIS Act hereby establishes the Small Business Assistance Office.

THE Small Business Assistance Office is empowered to....

Provide low interest loans of up to £100,000 at a 2% APR for those who wish to start a small business. The Office can review each application on a case by case basis.

Offer free business advice.

Help register a business.

A small business is hereby defined as an unincorporated or private limited business which earns less than £100,000,0 a year. Owners must not have been declared bankrupt.

VALID forms of organisation include.

Unincorporated Sole Propriater.

Partnerships (both traditional and limited)

Cooperatives (Worker owned businesses)

Privately Held Corporations (A Limited Liability Company that keeps it's shares in the hands of family or friends of the owner).

SMALL business owners must provide a decent working wage for their workers, 90% of national average within the first two years of operation

I'm not sure I could support this bill, on the basis that it's open to abuse (people fraudulently using their loans for purposes not related to their small business), and also distorts markets too much. The best way to encourage small businesses to grow is to give them tax breaks, make it easy to start and register a business, and have streamlined and unonerous regulations. Another way to orient our economy towards small and medium size businesses is to have robust competition law, though that is more complicated and difficult to write.
Last edited by Lemanrussland on Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Lemanrussland wrote:

if that one guy, Great Nepal, gets his way with the official history of our country (that we were a former British colonial possession).

Let's not do that.

I don't want that, either.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Aeken wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Let's not do that.

I don't want that, either.

Neither do I, really. Still, adopting a major currency is probably the easiest and briefest way to go about this (though there are lots of disadvantages, like us not being in control of the monetary policy of our country).

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Fri May 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Lemanrussland wrote:

.......................................................................................

Co-Sponsored by: New Freedomstan (USLP.), Radiatia (Progressive Conservative)

UNDERSTANDS that small business is often a life line for those who want to better their lives and provide for their family.

OBSERVES that starting a small business is often expensive and out of reach for most of our poorest.

Provide low interest loans of up to £100,000 at a 2% APR for those who wish to start a small business. The Office can review each application on a case by case basis.

A small business is hereby defined as an unincorporated or private limited business which earns less than £100,000,0 a year. Owners must not have been declared bankrupt.

Privately Held Corporations (A Limited Liability Company that keeps it's shares in the hands of family or friends of the owner).

SMALL business owners must provide a decent working wage for their workers, 90% of national average within the first two years of operation

I'm not sure I could support this bill, on the basis that it's open to abuse (people fraudulently using their loans for purposes not related to their small business), and also distorts markets too much. The best way to encourage small businesses to grow is to give them tax breaks, make it easy to start and register a business, and have streamlined and unonerous regulations. Another way to orient our economy towards small and medium size businesses is to have robust competition law, though that is more complicated and difficult to write.

Agreed.

Seelelander
Secretary

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seelelander » Fri May 03, 2013 7:50 pm

I am here to get this thread back!

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Fri May 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Co-Sponsored by: New Freedomstan (USLP.), Radiatia (Progressive Conservative), Beta Test (Liberal Democrat)

SBA Act. Wrong, I doubt many libertarians will support this.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri May 03, 2013 8:21 pm

The New Sea Territory wrote:

Co-Sponsored by: New Freedomstan (USLP.), Radiatia (Progressive Conservative), Beta Test (Liberal Democrat)

SBA Act. Wrong, I doubt many libertarians will support this.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Fri May 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Could anybody else get behind a bill to get rid of all these ridiculous partisan paramilitaries running around? It's just bound to start a civil war eventually and ruin this nation.
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

[Insert personal information]

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Fri May 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:Could anybody else get behind a bill to get rid of all these ridiculous partisan paramilitaries running around? It's just bound to start a civil war eventually and ruin this nation.

I'd support this.
True teaching is not an accumulation of knowledge; it is an awaking of consciousness which goes through successive stages.

The best and shortest road towards knowledge of truth is Nature.

Social good is what brings peace to family and society.

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Fri May 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Jerusalemian wrote:
Greater Pokarnia wrote:Could anybody else get behind a bill to get rid of all these ridiculous partisan paramilitaries running around? It's just bound to start a civil war eventually and ruin this nation.

I'd support this.

As would I.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri May 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Aeken wrote:
Jerusalemian wrote:I'd support this.

As would I.

I cannot support banning it as long as they are committing no acts of violence. To do so would be to disarm the population.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Fri May 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Aeken wrote:As would I.

I cannot support banning it as long as they are committing no acts of violence. To do so would be to disarm the population.

And what if they we're forced to take sides? we can't risk a civil war.
True teaching is not an accumulation of knowledge; it is an awaking of consciousness which goes through successive stages.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Fri May 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

It would ideally just prevent partisan association with militias/paramilitaries.
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Fri May 03, 2013 10:00 pm

I would get strongly behind this.

Regnum Dominae wrote:

Could we not just forbid parties from providing funding or having any affiliation with organized armed groups? I don't think the proposal is to disarm all party members, just forbid organized armed force.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Yanalia wrote:

I would get strongly behind this.

Regnum Dominae wrote:I cannot support banning it as long as they are committing no acts of violence. To do so would be to disarm the population.

Could we not just forbid parties from providing funding or having any affiliation with organized armed groups? I don't think the proposal is to disarm all party members, just forbid organized armed force.

That may be acceptable.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Fri May 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Lemanrussland wrote:
Aeken wrote:I don't want that, either.

Neither do I, really. Still, adopting a major currency is probably the easiest and briefest way to go about this (though there are lots of disadvantages, like us not being in control of the monetary policy of our country).

If we're talking about a currency, let's name it after an old gold coin like the ducat or something.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Nice place!

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Fri May 03, 2013 10:22 pm

My ideas:

Militias/paramilitary groups must register with government
Registered political parties may not provide funding, equipment, training, or any other good or service to a militia/paramilitary group
No registered political party may communicate with a militia/paramilitary group (individual members can, just not the party/militia itself)

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Fri May 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:My ideas:

Registered political parties may not provide funding, equipment, training, or any other good or service to a militia/paramilitary group
No registered political party may communicate with a militia/paramilitary group (individual members can, just not the party/militia itself)

Or how about no paramilitaries other than one created by the government under the control of the Interior Ministry for internal security purposes?
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
Greater Pokarnia wrote:My ideas:

Or how about no paramilitaries other than one created by the government under the control of the Interior Ministry for internal security purposes?

I believe in the right to assembly, and somehow I doubt any weapons regulation will pass through the senate smoothly unless its just limiting big things like rockets and tanks.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Fri May 03, 2013 10:30 pm

I suppose we could create a government office (or delegate the role to an existing ministry) to monitor for paramilitaries to prevent them from forming however. I think that'd see a fair amount of opposition though.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Fri May 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:I suppose we could create a government office (or delegate the role to an existing ministry) to monitor for paramilitaries to prevent them from forming however. I think that'd see a fair amount of opposition though.

Yeah, that seems like it would be defeated. And I'm not sure I like it...the government watching for paramilitary organizations seems a tad bit open to abuse. We should just make sure parties do not have connections to paramilitary groups.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:I believe in the right to assembly, and somehow I doubt any weapons regulation will pass through the senate smoothly unless its just limiting big things like rockets and tanks.

The right to assemble will be protected. Any future force will be there to simply watch over the crowds and make sure that any protest goes smoothly and arrest those that act in a violent manner towards law enforcement, members of the public and private and public property.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 03, 2013 10:36 pm

This place looks nice. ^7^

New Freedomstan
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:Why are the USLP organizing handouts for the petit-bourgeoisie?

As per our programme, the USLP advocates strengthening the position of both the working class, and its strategic allies against monopoly-capital, such as the peasantry, the petty-bourgeoisie, the lumpenproletariat, the soldiery and the intelligentsia. In a transition towards a socialist economy, the stranglehold monopoly-capital has over the economy needs to be fought by a broader mass-based progressive movement by the proletariat and its allies, and as a part in this broader strategy to transition into the Dictatorship of the Proletariat and eventually socialism, the petty-bourgeoisie also needs their position strengthened before their property can be voluntarily transitioned into fully socialistic enterprises with rising consciousness.

And a party that is currently participating in a coalition involving conservatives, and backing a social-liberal, can't really say much :p .
Last edited by New Freedomstan on Fri May 03, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives