NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Lobby [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu May 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Diopolis wrote:
The Realm of God wrote:Now we must enforce the ISA, passing it was the easy part.

How does one go about turning our paramilitary into a private security force?

As I said for the billionth time, you can directly employ your security officers. Don't need a private security company.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Thu May 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:
Diopolis wrote:How does one go about turning our paramilitary into a private security force?

As I said for the billionth time, you can directly employ your security officers. Don't need a private security company.

All they need to do is submit to regulation and cease political indoctrination?
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Thu May 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:
Diopolis wrote:How does one go about turning our paramilitary into a private security force?

But what if you want a private security force? The Objectivists don't outsource theirs.

EDIT: Thanks TGR
Last edited by Belmaria on Thu May 30, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu May 30, 2013 7:03 pm

The Realm of God wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:As I said for the billionth time, you can directly employ your security officers. Don't need a private security company.

All they need to do is submit to regulation and cease political indoctrination?

Yup. Just make sure they're Ofsecure qualified, that they're properly uniformed and done.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:

How do we get them certified as security officers?
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 pm

The Royalist guard is dead, long live the royalist guard security limited!
Slava Ukraini

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Username/Nation Name: Fortunagen
Date that you joined the forum: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 pm
History of Bans: None to my knowledge...
Your Party of Choice (ex. PCP; IND for independent): Independent for now, although I can be swayed.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Thu May 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Just so all interested parties know, the government may be willing to purchase the vehicles off any political parties currently disbanding their paramilitaries.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Thu May 30, 2013 7:45 pm

A new group, the Coalition for Economic Responsibility, has created a website in support of the Economic Responsibility Act!

http://nsg-era.webs.com/

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Belmaria wrote:
The Realm of God wrote:Now we must enforce the ISA, passing it was the easy part.

The private security force of the Objectivists is for party security purposes, not for political intimidation purposes. Just to let you know.

That's what the Fascists and Stalinists said, too. But they lied. I'm not saying your party is lying as well, but given this nation's history with "private security forces" for political parties, one cannot blame us for needing to pass the ISA.

Costa Alegria wrote:Just so all interested parties know, the government may be willing to purchase the vehicles off any political parties currently disbanding their paramilitaries.

Indeed. I would also imagine we would be highly interested in the NIFP's 1500mm cannon, along with all associated resources and materials.

Belmaria wrote:A new group, the Coalition for Economic Responsibility, has created a website in support of the Economic Responsibility Act!

Is an entire website for a bill really NEEDED?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Thu May 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Belmaria wrote:The private security force of the Objectivists is for party security purposes, not for political intimidation purposes. Just to let you know.

That's what the Fascists and Stalinists said, too. But they lied. I'm not saying your party is lying as well, but given this nation's history with "private security forces" for political parties, one cannot blame us for needing to pass the ISA.

Costa Alegria wrote:Just so all interested parties know, the government may be willing to purchase the vehicles off any political parties currently disbanding their paramilitaries.

Indeed. I would also imagine we would be highly interested in the NIFP's 1500mm cannon, along with all associated resources and materials.

Belmaria wrote:A new group, the Coalition for Economic Responsibility, has created a website in support of the Economic Responsibility Act!

Yes, as the leftists are going to use everything in their power to stop this bill. So we need to be ready to push back with as much power as possible.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Yes, as the leftists are going to use everything in their power to stop this bill. So we need to be ready to push back with as much power as possible.

HAHAHA, i think its quite cool!
Slava Ukraini

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Thu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Belmaria wrote:The private security force of the Objectivists is for party security purposes, not for political intimidation purposes. Just to let you know.

Lied?

Again Cite ONE, Just one occasiona where a member of the NIFP's Paramilitary used their authority and equipment for anything other then defense of the Party and it's interests.

And good luck i am head of the project and i don't feel like sharing.

1500mm railcannon and it's related materials are well outside the bounds of this island.

They were moved ages ago.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Lied?

Again Cite ONE, Just one occasiona where a member of the NIFP's Paramilitary used their authority and equipment for anything other then defense of the Party and it's interests.

1500mm railcannon and it's related materials are well outside the bounds of this island.

There are too many of you and the Stalinists fighting each other in the streets to list.

So you admit that you don't have the best interests of the nation at hand? If you did, you'd at least be open to the thought of negotiating transferring control of the project to the Auretine military.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Thu May 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Grenartia wrote:
So you admit that you don't have the best interests of the nation at hand? If you did, you'd at least be open to the thought of negotiating transferring control of the project to the Auretine military.

We have no interest in helping a regime which has stabbed our Party in the back.

Furthermore, the NIFP will not begin hiring personnel from the security branch of Taltos Arms, formed shortly after the passage of the ISA.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Thu May 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Grenartia wrote:
There are too many of you and the Stalinists fighting each other in the streets to list.

Oddly, we had an agreement not to engage in hostilities towards eachother.

Final text here.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Thu May 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Grenartia wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:
Lied?

Given that only i speak with authority over the orginization the actions of members of the Party do not reflect the defensive forces.

This is like comparing the Senate to the Army.

Two seperate branches, but your ignorance does not offend so fear not.

So again Cite ONE example, Where the A member of the Defensive forces caused a incident.

Not A senator within the Party, Not the Chairman, The Defensive forces.

The Answer is not one.

You have and had no justification for the outlawing.

The lie as you put it was not this Parties making but your own.

The Nation is the Primary concern of the Party but i will not and i assume the party will not support a notion where the private citizenry cannot join and take part within a public Militia with out being declared terrorists. I will not support a motion where public property can be claimed by the State upon the Justification that "It is a danger" when it has presented no danger.

You claim my own cares for this Nation are non existant? That is false but i will not support a government that weakens its populace with such...Civil liberty crushing measures.

If this Military wishes to purchase the rights to the project it will have to do so in the realm of the free market; Not within the bounds of this Nation where it can "legally seized."
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Thu May 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Hathradic States wrote:We have no interest in helping a regime which has stabbed our Party in the back.

Sorry, when did this happen?
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:We have no interest in helping a regime which has stabbed our Party in the back.

Sorry, when did this happen?

Weakening us is betrayal of the Party, whether with forced agreement or not.

Final text here.

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Thu May 30, 2013 9:18 pm

*Currently looking at the vast list of ALL Senators in NSG Senate, both old and new threads*

Shit's got a large chamber of politicians.

*Turns to the list of ALL political parties then and now*

You people ain't got no chance of being people-loving fellas.
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Weakening us is betrayal of the Party, whether with forced agreement or not.

I don't see how this is a betrayal, given the fact that the government was not allied with any of your members nor in any alliance with your party.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Quirina wrote:*Currently looking at the vast list of ALL Senators in NSG Senate, both old and new threads*

Shit's got a large chamber of politicians.

*Turns to the list of ALL political parties then and now*

You people ain't got no chance of being people-loving fellas.

WTF?
Slava Ukraini

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Thu May 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Weakening us is betrayal of the Party, whether with forced agreement or not.

I don't see how this is a betrayal, given the fact that the government was not allied with any of your members nor in any alliance with your party.

True, however, we can view the State as a whole betraying us, who only wish to make it strong.

Final text here.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Thu May 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:

True, however, we can view the State as a whole betraying us, who only wish to make it strong.

It's not a betrayal. Also, the offer of $2.1 million for each helicopter (and that's a good offer seeing as they are second-hand) is our final offer. Take it or leave it.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu May 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:

Anyway minister for your information as you are in charge of enforcing the ISA, in case you did not already know the Royalist guard has now become a private security firm to comply with the ACT. Although as the Firearms act failed we will not be turning in any weapons or equipment due to none of it being against the law.
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives