NATION

PASSWORD

Classical Monarchist Party Headquarters [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Irredento wrote:(Image)
Red - Communist, dark red - USLP, green - Red-Green, orange - Totally Rad, aqua - Lib Dem, blue - Prog-Con, purple - NPP, yellow - LFP, maroon - CFE, gold - CM, dark grey - NI

I'm just posting this here to remind you all of how powerful the CMP really is and what can be done with our fellow rightists should our core social conservative principles survive this leadership race.

Our leadership? If we want to be leaders then we need to adhere to those who don't hold to social conservatism just as we should those who value traditional concepts. The New Right is the Right we have to deal with, pretending like the right hasn't evolved will only limit us
big chungus, small among us

Irredento
Envoy

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irredento » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Finium wrote:
Irredento wrote:(Image)
Red - Communist, dark red - USLP, green - Red-Green, orange - Totally Rad, aqua - Lib Dem, blue - Prog-Con, purple - NPP, yellow - LFP, maroon - CFE, gold - CM, dark grey - NI

I'm just posting this here to remind you all of how powerful the CMP really is and what can be done with our fellow rightists should our core social conservative principles survive this leadership race.

Our leadership? If we want to be leaders then we need to adhere to those who don't hold to social conservatism just as we should those who value traditional concepts. The New Right is the Right we have to deal with, pretending like the right hasn't evolved will only limit us

I was referring to the race for the leadership of this party.

Also, I would rather our party be seen as extremist or even backwards by other parties than abandon our core principles. The CMP was founded as a traditionalist and staunchly social conservative party. If anything, it should be economic issues on which some leeway is given to individual members. To abandon social conservatism is unthinkable to me and I'm honestly surprised that you have so much support as your proposals seem like something that would be far more at home in the Libertarian parties.

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Irredento wrote:
Finium wrote:Our leadership? If we want to be leaders then we need to adhere to those who don't hold to social conservatism just as we should those who value traditional concepts. The New Right is the Right we have to deal with, pretending like the right hasn't evolved will only limit us

I was referring to the race for the leadership of this party.

Also, I would rather our party be seen as extremist or even backwards by other parties than abandon our core principles. The CMP was founded as a traditionalist and staunchly social conservative party. If anything, it should be economic issues on which some leeway is given to individual members. To abandon social conservatism is unthinkable to me and I'm honestly surprised that you have so much support as your proposals seem like something that would be far more at home in the Libertarian parties.

This is exactly why I'm not voting for myself or any other candidate. I myself do have very libertarian concepts of society and very conservative fiscal views. I'm not running to upend the party, I want the party to decide with some degree of unanimity what our core principles will be. By casting a vote for me I feel that party members can express an interest in defining this party as more libertarian, while a vote for one of the many other candidates will enforce a more rigid interpretation of conservatism. I feel that I should make it clear that as Chair I will make a concerted effort to make us leaders in the Senate and that I am running because to offer the much needed alternative and general consensus on the party's view of social policies.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Personally, I like people who vote for themselves...It shows confidence.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Vazdania wrote:Personally, I like people who vote for themselves...It shows confidence.

I do to, but I'm not confident that my leadership is what this party wants or needs. I feel that in this case, none of the candidates should vote, especially since we are offering markedly different visions of the party. I want the party membership as a whole to vote, not the candidates, we only represent two paths you all can take, not two people who will control you.

Irredento
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Irredento » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 pm

It seems that we have three options:

On the left, we have Finium, a libertarian who plans to abandon our unified social conservative stance in order to bring the party's views more in line with the Senate's centrists and libertarians in the interests of more cooperation between parties on shared economic goals.

On the right stands myself, Irredento, a far-right extremist proposing that we become defiantly reactionary, enforce three-line whips on all social issues, found our own militia, and ally ourselves with the far-right, Fascists included, even if this means turning the centrists against us.

In the centre, there is Diopolis, a conservative, offering a more moderate path between the two and to a large extent he wishes to continue running the party in much the same way as Old Tyrannia did before him.

I look forward to seeing which path the party takes. Cast your votes wisely, Senators.

Azurand
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurand » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:37 pm

I'll post Diopolis'/Irredento's propaganda here probably, anything to prevent you from winning, Finium :P Nothing personal.
PAIN - PAIX - LIBERTÉ

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Azurand wrote:
I'll post Diopolis'/Irredento's propaganda here probably, anything to prevent you from winning, Finium :P Nothing personal.

...it's just good business

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 am

You know how I said that voting for the next Party Chairman would start last night? Yeah, I lied.

Voting begins now. Senator Irredento has helpfully summed up the candidates so that I don't have to, so here are your options:

Irredento wrote:It seems that we have three options:

On the left, we have Finium, a libertarian who plans to abandon our unified social conservative stance in order to bring the party's views more in line with the Senate's centrists and libertarians in the interests of more cooperation between parties on shared economic goals.

On the right stands myself, Irredento, a far-right extremist proposing that we become defiantly reactionary, enforce three-line whips on all social issues, found our own militia, and ally ourselves with the far-right, Fascists included, even if this means turning the centrists against us.

In the centre, there is Diopolis, a conservative, offering a more moderate path between the two and to a large extent he wishes to continue running the party in much the same way as Old Tyrannia did before him.

I look forward to seeing which path the party takes. Cast your votes wisely, Senators.

Votes should be cast here. Voting will end at 8:00 PM tomorrow night, when I will be online to announce the results. That should leave more than enough time for everyone to cast their vote.

I will begin; I cast my vote for Senator Diopolis, and urge all other members of the party to do the same. I'm sorry, but as a traditionalist and, it must be said, an economic Left-winger who only goes along with fiscal conservatism for the sake of compromise, I cannot under any circumstances support Finium's right-libertarian view of the party's future, a party which I, its founder, would have nothing in common with beyond support for a monarchy.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Azurand
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurand » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:06 am

We are not the Leftists. We are not the Libertarians. We are not the Anarchist. We are not the Republicans. We are not those who demand the weakening of State. We are not those who seek the change of old way. We are not those who seek to trash religions away. We are the Classical Monarchists. We are the Voice of Social Conservatism! We are the Voice of God, Monarch and State! We are Clear and Justified. We shall away from the Deceitful Republicans. We shall away from those who seek for the destruction of God, Monarch and State! We shall define our way, We are the Different! We are not the enraged Imperialists nor the weak Pacifists! We are the Traditionalists, the Reactionaries, the Counter-Revolutionaries, the Monarchists! We may be hated, insulted, but we are Strong.

By the way, tl;dr I vote for Senator Irredento. This vote may change all time.
Last edited by Azurand on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
PAIN - PAIX - LIBERTÉ

Divitaen
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Divitaen » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:48 am

I believe we should not abandon our traditional principles of this party. I vote for Senator Irredento in this election.
Hillary Clinton 2016! Stronger Together!
EU Referendum: Vote Leave = Project Hate #VoteRemain!
Economic Right/Left: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.15
Foreign Policy Non-interventionist/Neo-conservative: -10.00
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -10.00
Social Democrat:
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic - 38%
Secular/Fundamentalist - 50%
Visionary/Reactionary - 56%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian - 24%
Communistic/Capitalistic - 58%
Pacifist/Militarist - 39%
Ecological/Anthropocentric - 55%

Rohamistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rohamistan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 am

We'll vote for Diopolis.
Half-German, half-Iranian.

Proud member of The Classical Monarchist Party
-Deo, Regi, Patriae!

Once you're convinced of the truth, not even the truth can convince you.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind -Ghandi

New Freedomstan
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:49 am

Hello! The USLP have formed the Aid Cooperative of Farmers in order to protect the interests of our country's proud farming population. Membership is open to farmers of any political affiliation, and the ACF (while USLP-formed and organisatorially aligned) is politically neutral beyond fighting for the interests of the farmers, and organising the farmers to do so. While I'm fully aware the USLP and the CMP are fundamentally different, I hope farmers of all stripes can unite to fight for our interests.

Irredento
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Irredento » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 am

New Freedomstan wrote:USLP

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 am

New Freedomstan wrote:Hello! The USLP have formed the Aid Cooperative of Farmers in order to protect the interests of our country's proud farming population. Membership is open to farmers of any political affiliation, and the ACF (while USLP-formed and organisatorially aligned) is politically neutral beyond fighting for the interests of the farmers, and organising the farmers to do so. While I'm fully aware the USLP and the CMP are fundamentally different, I hope farmers of all stripes can unite to fight for our interests.

I suggest that you resubmit this proposal after our new chair has been elected, there is currently no one with the proper authority to answer you claims beyond the Lord President.

Personally, I would advise against this union, government officials should not create special interest groups aligned with their own parties; it violates a simple respect for democratic process in which the people come to the government with the concerns, not the government trying to invent concerns for the people to support a political agenda.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:48 am

Finium wrote:
New Freedomstan wrote:Hello! The USLP have formed the Aid Cooperative of Farmers in order to protect the interests of our country's proud farming population. Membership is open to farmers of any political affiliation, and the ACF (while USLP-formed and organisatorially aligned) is politically neutral beyond fighting for the interests of the farmers, and organising the farmers to do so. While I'm fully aware the USLP and the CMP are fundamentally different, I hope farmers of all stripes can unite to fight for our interests.

I suggest that you resubmit this proposal after our new chair has been elected, there is currently no one with the proper authority to answer you claims beyond the Lord President.

Personally, I would advise against this union, government officials should not create special interest groups aligned with their own parties; it violates a simple respect for democratic process in which the people come to the government with the concerns, not the government trying to invent concerns for the people to support a political agenda.

I agree with Finium on this.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Irredento
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Irredento » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am

I decided to create a Monarchist reply to the USLP's recent propaganda videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVuEB9MVWcg

While I was doing this, Finium was joining a communist farmer organisation. Now I'm not about to call him a communist and say you should vote for me as that would be a smear but I'm not saying he's not a communist either. Just keep your eyes open for communist entryism is all I'm saying...

I am joking of course. 8)

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Irredento wrote:I decided to create a Monarchist reply to the USLP's recent propaganda videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVuEB9MVWcg

While I was doing this, Finium was joining a communist farmer organisation. Now I'm not about to call him a communist and say you should vote for me as that would be a smear but I'm not saying he's not a communist either. Just keep your eyes open for communist entryism is all I'm saying...

By joining I have actually secured the right to private ownership of property bythe organization, eliminating the need for fear of a communist front forming therein. In exchange, I think that we should consider the strong subsidization of certain services to farmers.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Finium wrote:
Irredento wrote:I decided to create a Monarchist reply to the USLP's recent propaganda videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVuEB9MVWcg

By joining I have actually secured the right to private ownership of property bythe organization, eliminating the need for fear of a communist front forming therein. In exchange, I think that we should consider the strong subsidization of certain services to farmers.

I would oppose farm subsidies.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Finium wrote:By joining I have actually secured the right to private ownership of property bythe organization, eliminating the need for fear of a communist front forming therein. In exchange, I think that we should consider the strong subsidization of certain services to farmers.

I understand that many of us oppose this, but subsidation seems a small price to pay for a national food base and the elimination of communist collectivization movements, if we subsidize as a compromise then we can keep the farmers on the right

Irredento
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Irredento » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Finium wrote:By joining I have actually secured the right to private ownership of property bythe organization, eliminating the need for fear of a communist front forming therein. In exchange, I think that we should consider the strong subsidization of certain services to farmers.

As would I. Along with this, I'm also against working with a USLP-led organisation no matter how many concessions they offer.

Look at this flag:

Just look at it for a minute. This clearly isn't an organisation of which monarchists should be a part.

New Freedomstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Irredento wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I would oppose farm subsidies.

As would I. Along with this, I'm also against working with a USLP-led organisation no matter how many concessions they offer.

Look at this flag:

Just look at it for a minute. This clearly isn't an organisation of which monarchists should be a part.

A note on the current logo: It is a placeholder. We are currently working on making a more appropriate, politically neutral, logo for the ACF. The ACF is currently led by me, yes, but the USLP no longer holds an organisatorial say over the ACF, and we are looking for an independent spokesperson, as the ACF is simply an organisation for the rights of farmers, and neither communist nor monarchist, nor republican or fascist or any ideology for that matter.

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Irredento wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I would oppose farm subsidies.

Look at this flag:

By supporting compromise as an emphasis in the AFC, they have decided to officially renounce party-affiliation. I think that Hippo could be asked to draft a nice wheat-based symbol if you really find it that offensive.

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 pm

On a campaigning note, this is the defining factor between myself and the other two candidates. I am willing to compromise and work together with other organizations for the betterment of our nation and party, while other candidates will openly reject cooperation with other parties without any attempt for compromise or research into what they are rejecting, while I support careful evaluation and compromise in all situations.

New Freedomstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Finium wrote:
Irredento wrote:As would I. Along with this, I'm also against working with a USLP-led organisation no matter how many concessions they offer.

Look at this flag:

By supporting compromise as an emphasis in the AFC, they have decided to officially renounce party-affiliation. I think that Hippo could be asked to draft a nice wheat-based symbol if you really find it that offensive.

I've whipped up a new logo, pending approval of the rest of the AFC:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives