NATION

PASSWORD

Progressive-Conservative Party Headquarters [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:11 am

Wolfmanne wrote:In regards to Pantalleria's attempts to negotiate with the Communists, I don't think we should bother with them, as I said even before Pantalleria began talking with them. It is a waste of time; they aren't going to compromise anytime soon.

We're currently negotiating with the Liberal Democrats.

And to be honest the only real difference between us and the Lib Dems is that LGBT rights are part of their manifesto, and they support a social safety hammock rather than a net.

But yes, forget the Communists, forget the Left Alliance and forget the Red-Greens.

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 am

Radiatia wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:In regards to Pantalleria's attempts to negotiate with the Communists, I don't think we should bother with them, as I said even before Pantalleria began talking with them. It is a waste of time; they aren't going to compromise anytime soon.

And to be honest the only real difference between us and the Lib Dems is that LGBT rights are part of their manifesto, and they support a social safety hammock rather than a net.

But yes, forget the Communists, forget the Left Alliance and forget the Red-Greens.

Only the Communists at the moment have a headquarters, therefore it shall be quite unpredictable on what they shall vote on the resolution....
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:28 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Radiatia wrote:

Only the Communists at the moment have a headquarters, therefore it shall be quite unpredictable on what they shall vote on the resolution....

Actually it's not, in fact it's pretty obvious they won't support us. The only ones likely to support us on tax are the liberal democrats, the libertarians, maybe the monarchists and maybe that nationalist one.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:30 am

Radiatia wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Only the Communists at the moment have a headquarters, therefore it shall be quite unpredictable on what they shall vote on the resolution....

Actually it's not, in fact it's pretty obvious they won't support us. The only ones likely to support us on tax are the liberal democrats, the libertarians, maybe the monarchists and maybe that nationalist one.

I'm working on the Monarchists, unfortunately their chairman is not available...
Last edited by The Republic of Pantalleria on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Subramani
Envoy

Founded: Oct 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Subramani » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 am

Radiatia wrote:
Othelos wrote:
I understand. That was a preliminary compromise, because it seems that we're going to have to compromise with the Communists...

I don't think we should have to compromise with the communists. In fact on taxation we'd probably have an easier time working with the Libertarians or the right-wing parties.

However the 35% cap is just an idea, and I'd like to hear what everyone thinks of it. Personally I'd prefer to cap it at a low rate as a way of basically compromising between Keynesians and Supply-side economics advocates.

Bolaly wrote:Also, just as a reminder to all Senators, this is the next bill that will be debated in the chamber.

I'm thinking of calling this one a Single-line Whip in favour. Members are advised to vote for it, but certainly don't have to.

I will follow the advice of our chairman and vote for this bill.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 am

Radiatia wrote:

Actually, the Liberal Democrats have a headquarters. (OOC: if I can peep in on your discussion.)
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am

Radiatia wrote:

Red-Greens HQ
Lib Dems HQ
LFP HQ

Bolaly
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolaly » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:28 pm

I suggest that we do have a leadership election.
Economic Left/Right: TBD
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: TBD
"You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place." - Vladimir Putin

“I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” - Voltaire

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Bolaly wrote:I suggest that we do have a leadership election.

^ I second this.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:49 pm

We have to defeat Benomia's awful tax proposal.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:
Bolaly wrote:I suggest that we do have a leadership election.

^ I second this.

I third it.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Othelos wrote:We have to defeat Benomia's awful tax proposal.

Agreed. It's truly atrocious. I think there's a place for a progressive tax bracket, where everybody contributes, but his proposal would be disastrous...for everybody, rich and poor...

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:^ I second this.

I third it.

I fourth the leadership election.

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Othelos wrote:We have to defeat Benomia's awful tax proposal.

Agreed. It's truly atrocious. I think there's a place for a progressive tax bracket, where everybody contributes, but his proposal would be disastrous...for everybody, rich and poor...

Agreed.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

We must do everything in our power to destroy their tax proposal, for it is not only unfair, but it also incentivises a welfare state, which will make even privatised enterprises inefficient and the economy will slow down. Also we must finish drafting our own tax proposal for the good of the people...

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:47 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:We must do everything in our power to destroy their tax proposal, for it is not only unfair, but it also incentivises a welfare state, which will make even privatised enterprises inefficient and the economy will slow down. Also we must finish drafting our own tax proposal for the good of the people...

Aye.

Bolaly
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolaly » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 pm

What other parties do we have on board our tax proposal?
"You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place." - Vladimir Putin

“I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” - Voltaire

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Bolaly wrote:What other parties do we have on board our tax proposal?

Do we even have a tax proposal yet?

Bolaly
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolaly » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:11 pm

We have an idea of what it would look like.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Hmm... So who is running for party leader?

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Bolaly wrote:What other parties do we have on board our tax proposal?

The NPP might be a potential partner, they have a general outline here: viewtopic.php?p=14021167#p14021167

I'm talking with their chairman at the moment over working together on a tax bill.
Last edited by Mike the Progressive on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denecaep
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Denecaep » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Dear Party Officials,

It is in your best interest to let the Senate administration know any senators belonging to your party that have been not accepted; AND any senators that have been accepted but do not have the appropriate symbol or letters in parentheses next to their name in the OP of the organization and discussion thread. None of this is mandatory, but it will help prove the influence and power of your party, and allow for accurate counts of voting power coming from your party.

Thank you,

Denecaep (Senate Administrator)

"The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution." - Hannah Arendt

Founding Senator Dene Caep of the NSG Senate

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I have a tax proposal for your party, if you want to think on it.
0-15k: 0%
16k-50k: 10%
51k-100k: 20%
101k-500k: 30%
501k+: 35%
1 million+: 40%

If I make the 35% rate part of 30%, even the Libertarians have said they might support it to keep out Communist proposals.
Last edited by Geilinor on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Geilinor wrote:I have a tax proposal for your party, if you want to think on it.

If I make the 35% rate part of 30%, even the Libertarians have said they might support it to keep out Communist proposals.

0%? That is unacceptable, all citizens no matter what their current social position is, is liable to pay the Government a tax, something, anything to make it fair.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Geilinor wrote:I have a tax proposal for your party, if you want to think on it.

0%? That is unacceptable, all citizens no matter what their current social position is, is liable to pay the Government a tax, something, anything to make it fair.

I have a possible sales tax too, but I left it out to make it more agreeable to the leftist parties.
Sales Taxes:
Nonessential services: 7.25%
Gasoline: 2.50%
Food, water, utilities: 0.00%
Publications, admission tickets to cultural events: 3.50%

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Geilinor wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:0%? That is unacceptable, all citizens no matter what their current social position is, is liable to pay the Government a tax, something, anything to make it fair.

I have a possible sales tax too, but I left it out to make it more agreeable to the leftist parties.
Sales Taxes:
Nonessential services: 7.25%
Gasoline: 2.50%
Food, water, utilities: 0.00%
Publications, admission tickets to cultural events: 3.50%

No compromise shall be made unless the other parties are willing to agree on a tax to the poor, even if it is just .5% it doesn't matter, they are liable to pay for the services they will require.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives