NATION

PASSWORD

TET: One Thread to Rule Them All

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:36 am

Forster Keys wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Then go eat some and stop being an absolute flaming gimboid.

What exactly is the problem here if you'll forgive my intrusion? :unsure:

You remember how annoying it was when all Slem posted about was Madagascar? Idjit above is doing the same thing, but crowbarring 'poutine' into everything.

Every. Fucking. Thing. And it wasn't even funny the first time.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:36 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:What exactly is the problem here if you'll forgive my intrusion? :unsure:

You know that feeling when some clown makes the same joke over and over and over again? That is the problem here.

Too much poutine?
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:You know that feeling when some clown makes the same joke over and over and over again? That is the problem here.

Some jokes can get funnier the more they're used. This is not that, though.

Indeed. Not everyone has the same qualities as Little Britain.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 am

DesAnges wrote:How comes you're up so early Forster? Boozing again?

Not this time. Only apple and blackcurrant juice. I woke at 2.30 am. :p
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:
Has anyone found this joke funny, so far? Apart from you, obviously.

Please explain, I don't get it at all.

It's a really, really bad non-seqitur. As a connoisseur of non-seqiturs, it annoys me.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

Forster Keys wrote:
How much had you had? :blink:

One-and-a-half glasses of scotch, a bottle of light beer, and four or five cups of tea.

Bro... :(

Are you allergic to something in that mix?

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

Forster Keys wrote:
DesAnges wrote:How comes you're up so early Forster? Boozing again?

Ouch. Why so?
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 am

You know, endlessly complaining about it spams things up just as much as the original spam you're complaining about ... sometimes more. Perhaps it's time to give the broken record a skip, folks.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 am

DesAnges wrote:
Please explain, I don't get it at all.

It's a really, really bad non-seqitur. As a connoisseur of non-seqiturs, it annoys me.

As a connoisseur of non-sequiturs I can hardly wait til the next Olympics.

South Asia Minor
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby South Asia Minor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 am

DesAnges wrote:
South Asia Minor wrote:My survival rate was 0.06%.
Can I not do maths? Because that would not surprise me.

My survival rate was around .02, IIRC. Tis all I meant.

Your page disagrees.
I'm tired of living,
And scared of dying,
Max Berry has a point
Éirinn go Brách

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:You know, endlessly complaining about it spams things up just as much as the original spam you're complaining about ... sometimes more. Perhaps it's time to give the broken record a skip, folks.

There is sense here.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 am

DesAnges wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Ouch. Why so?

Odd sleeping pattern. Stayed awake all the night before. My friend came up from Melbourne yesterday. :lol:

Tzarsgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzarsgrad » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 am

Ionian Knights wrote:
Tzarsgrad wrote:
I concur. Hey Io (if that's alright). :)

besides making feel fat like a Moon :p

Hey, you're also the most volcanically active place in the solar system. :p

DesAnges";p="13714580\][quote="Tzarsgrad wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Shit son. Welcome back.

Hey, Des. I must say, I couldn't have said that bit about Beats by Dre last page any better myself. ;)

What irritates me about it all is that it wouldn't sell if Dre's name wasn't plastered all over it. They're actually reasonably decent pieces of kit but retail for about £75-90 more than they are worth. Please they break really fucking easy.[/quote]

I agree. Whenever I see my classmates wearing them around, it always seems I'm the least surprised one when they break.
"And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains..."
Are you a fan of pen and paper games? Then check out Tortured Earth! Addictive yet simple gameplay, with modules that range from an afternoon to several sessions! Although we're only in the developmental stages, keep in touch for details!

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:41 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:You know, endlessly complaining about it spams things up just as much as the original spam you're complaining about ... sometimes more. Perhaps it's time to give the broken record a skip, folks.

Acknowledged. :hug:

Hurdegaryp wrote:Indeed. Not everyone has the same qualities as Little Britain.

I don't know what that is.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:41 am

complaining about people complaining about complaining...

Ow...

I need an ice bag...

Tzarsgrad wrote:
Ionian Knights wrote:
besides making feel fat like a Moon :p

DesAnges";p="13714580\][quote="Tzarsgrad wrote:
Hey, Des. I must say, I couldn't have said that bit about Beats by Dre last page any better myself. ;)

What irritates me about it all is that it wouldn't sell if Dre's name wasn't plastered all over it. They're actually reasonably decent pieces of kit but retail for about £75-90 more than they are worth. Please they break really fucking easy.

I agree. Whenever I see my classmates wearing them around, it always seems I'm the least surprised one when they break.[/quote]

volatile... I like it. 8)
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:41 am

Forster Keys wrote:

There is sense here.

Yeah, but I guess quite a few of us just had to get it out of our system. Excorcise the demons, so to speak.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:One-and-a-half glasses of scotch, a bottle of light beer, and four or five cups of tea.

If I was, it would probably have to the scotch. Chivas Regal. Why? I drink the light beer on occasion and the worst I had to contend with was frequently visiting the bathroom, and I once drank five cups of tea without much in the way of ill effects.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 am

The worst part of all nighters is that my sleep cycle drags me back to tired at the same exact time as my second class. Other than that I can do it no problem.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Indeed. Not everyone has the same qualities as Little Britain.

I don't know what that is.

British humor with recurring characters in a series of sketches. YouTube can probably enlighten you.

Tzarsgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzarsgrad » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 am

Ionian Knights wrote:

complaining about people complaining about complaining...

Ow...

I need an ice bag...

Tzarsgrad wrote:

What irritates me about it all is that it wouldn't sell if Dre's name wasn't plastered all over it. They're actually reasonably decent pieces of kit but retail for about £75-90 more than they are worth. Please they break really fucking easy.

I agree. Whenever I see my classmates wearing them around, it always seems I'm the least surprised one when they break.

volatile... I like it. 8)[/quote]

Indeed. I rather like Io.. I'd say it's my third-favorite moon of Jupiter. :p
"And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains..."
Are you a fan of pen and paper games? Then check out Tortured Earth! Addictive yet simple gameplay, with modules that range from an afternoon to several sessions! Although we're only in the developmental stages, keep in touch for details!

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:44 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:There is sense here.

Yeah, but I guess quite a few of us just had to get it out of our system. Excorcise the demons, so to speak.

I see, but it's probably beneficial for everyone if you don't go too all out on the fire and brimstone. :lol:

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am

Tzarsgrad wrote:I agree. Whenever I see my classmates wearing them around, it always seems I'm the least surprised one when they break.

It is pretty hilarious seeing some "swag" git looking non-plussed when his £200 headphones are broken on the floor and my battered 18 month old £90 AKGs are still working perfectly.

Forster Keys wrote:
DesAnges wrote:It's a really, really bad non-seqitur. As a connoisseur of non-seqiturs, it annoys me.

As a connoisseur of non-sequiturs I can hardly wait til the next Olympics.

See that's what I'm talkin bout.

South Asia Minor wrote:
DesAnges wrote:My survival rate was around .02, IIRC. Tis all I meant.

Your page disagrees.

Huh. My country must have rallied when I wasn't looking. Certainly more survivors than when I went to bed.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:I don't know what that is.

British humor with recurring characters in a series of sketches. YouTube can probably enlighten you.

British humor rarely fails me. YouTube it is.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Yeah, but I guess quite a few of us just had to get it out of our system. Excorcise the demons, so to speak.

I see, but it's probably beneficial for everyone if you don't go too all out on the fire and brimstone. :lol:

There is no other way to do it, sometimes.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am

Forster Keys wrote:

If I was, it would probably have to the scotch. Chivas Regal. Why? I drink the light beer on occasion and the worst I had to contend with was frequently visiting the bathroom, and I once drank five cups of tea without much in the way of ill effects.

At least Chivas Regal is supposed to be good. And I'm fairly sure the tea wouldn't have done anything, unless the caffeine interacted with alcohol or some eldritch chemical nonsense. When you had the Scotch did you fill the cups all the way to the top with spirit?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives