NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread: The Eternity of Eternally Eternal

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

The Eternal Thread: The Eternity of Eternally Eternal

Postby NERVUN » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:06 pm

A quick re-posting of the Rules of Engagement so we're all on track:

There have been multiple requests for a chat thread in various forums. The fact that we have traditionally come down rather hard on them has been in place for ages, and for a number of different reasons. After discussing various points, and the fact that it seems to be something the players would really like to have, we’re going to try it out and see how it goes. Please bear in mind the following:

• Three strikes, you're out - end of. 1 day ban for first infraction in any chat thread. 3 day for the next. 7 day for the next. Deletion on the 4th. Why? Because these kinds of threads tend to fly heavy and fast, and it is all too easy to let yourself get caught up in the spirit of things, step out of line, and it tends to snowball like mad. We can’t have that. Players with already colorful histories are encouraged to tread even more carefully, as stepping out of line here will only add to that, and prior warnings can and will be taken into account when considering the three strikes notation above.

• There are no new rules for these threads. If you have a question on the rules, I have links in my sig to handy threads to refresh your memory. Things like ‘do not picspam, do not flame, do not troll, do not bait your fellow posters’ are all very good things to keep in mind.

• Keep it family friendly as much as possible. In other words, however much you want to hug and snuggle and flirt, do not get graphic with it. This has also been a problem in other chat threads, and some have been shut down for it. Keep it clean, or take it elsewhere. Does this mean sensitive topics cannot be discussed? No – but have care, as with any forum here on NS, with how you handle it.

• These threads are not a blog, or a stage for you to constantly play out your personal dramas – do not treat them like one. Which is not to say folks can’t ask how one another is doing, offer a shoulder now and then, or give some encouragement. Life happens – and it’s nice to have folks you can talk to about it. Just keep in mind that some things are more appropriate to continue discussing in other places.

• Each chat thread will be locked, and linked to after reaching around 500 pages. Please do not try to race and fill up those 500 pages. These are not designed for competition in mind, just discussion between players on whatever it is that’s on their minds at the time (so long as it is within the site rules.) Please, don’t do it.

• No, this does not mean everyone can run out and create their own chat threads. There is one for F7, NSG, and Gameplay, and for now, that's all that will be running. Please do not go out and make your own. We still have to moderate things, and that's one of the reasons that chat threads are difficult - they move fast. Too many, and we'll drown. I hate drowning.

• Title for the thread: If you’ve got some ideas or preferences, let me know – I’ll edit it in to better suit the locals.

So there you go – a thread you can go to and not get yelled at for chatting, or going off topic. Hope you can enjoy, folks!

Previous Incarnations:

Part 1 -- Part 2 -- Part 3 -- Part 4 -- Part 5 -- Part 6 -- Part 7 -- Part 8 -- Part 9 -- Part 10
Part 11 -- Part 12 -- Part 13 -- Part 14 -- Part 15 -- Part 16 -- Part 17 -- Part 18 -- Part 19
Part 20 -- Part 21 -- Part 22 -- Part 23 -- Part 24 -- Part 25 -- Part 26 -- Part 27 -- Part 28
Part 29 -- Part 30 -- Part 31
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi!
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Damn lost out on my money. Should of bet NERVUN.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

damn
<NO PROBLEM IS INSOLUBLE IN ALL CONCEIVABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.> - Cosmic AC

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Damn it Fourth.
Last edited by Gaveo on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruh.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

First page!

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

I have arrived.

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

What do you bet on which MOD will lock the forum?

7th!
Last edited by The Murray Dynasty on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defcon:
[5]

Factbook and Map (Work in progress)=
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=206083

Yoite
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Gaveo wrote:Damn it Fourth.

HAHA! I vus ze thurd!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Why yes, NER, it is. I like sake, hot sake, a lot. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:Hi!

I will get you, level 11 ninja. :P
Bruh.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Transnapastain wrote:I have arrived.

You have failed to show up with your own fleet.

Ergo, you fail.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Gaveo wrote:

I will get you, level 11 ninja. :P

I just got LUCKY with that one. :P
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Yoite wrote:
Gaveo wrote:Damn it Fourth.

HAHA! I vus ze thurd!

YOU FAWKING NINJA'D ME... :P

I will get you back.
Bruh.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Congratulations ^_^

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Gaveo wrote:I will get you, level 11 ninja. :P

I just got LUCKY with that one. :P

Sure. Just be modest. :p
:lol:
Bruh.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Why yes, NER, it is. I like sake, hot sake, a lot. :p

Nana... I'm sorry, but... while hot sake is good on cold nights, the BEST sake is served like wine, slightly chilled.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm

in answer to your question, indie: the suicide, the preparation, and the events that lead to it
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Galloism wrote:

Ergo, you fail.

You did too, no?
Bruh.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Galloism wrote:

Ergo, you fail.

:rofl:

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Why yes, NER, it is. I like sake, hot sake, a lot. :p

Nana... I'm sorry, but... while hot sake is good on cold nights, the BEST sake is served like wine, slightly chilled.

I like that too. But if I want it to really hit me, hot is best for me. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Nana... I'm sorry, but... while hot sake is good on cold nights, the BEST sake is served like wine, slightly chilled.

That it does, yes.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Yoite wrote:

Congratulations ^_^

It's only the third time I've done it... :unsure:

Gaveo wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:I just got LUCKY with that one. :P

Sure. Just be modest. :p
:lol:

But it's true!

Gidgetisms wrote:in answer to your question, indie: the suicide, the preparation, and the events that lead to it

Do you plan to publish it?

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Nana... I'm sorry, but... while hot sake is good on cold nights, the BEST sake is served like wine, slightly chilled.

I wouldn't know. But my dad does he works for a Japanese Company.
Bruh.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Gaveo wrote:
Yoite wrote:
HAHA! I vus ze thurd!

YOU FAWKING NINJA'D ME... :P

I will get you back.

<.< I will be ready.