NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread - Part #00000026

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 am

Lackadaisical2 wrote:I'm inching towards 10 Billion. >.>;

Closing in on 2 billion.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:Do you ever get the feeling that someone on here is someone you know from RL, and that they know who you are, but you don't know that its them?

Did that even make sense?

It makes sense. Never happened to me though.
Not until now. :unsure:

Horsefish wrote:
Erinkita wrote:
Meh. I'm not suicidal.

Thats always good.

Mm. Preferable.
How's you, Horse?
Last edited by Erinkita on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 am

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:It does. My friends whom I know in real do not use NSG or any of the forums.

Yeah, how do you know?

I searched their names and nothing popped up.
That and they hate forum communities.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Raziac
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raziac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:53 am

^Yeah, but forums have a tendency to give people sudden urges to post.
(In sagely voice)
AND THUS, THE ETERNAL CHAT THREAD WAS BORN!
FT-Prime. Stand your ground laws in effect. A country of human beings living in a bi-solar planetary system.
DEFCON 10
STANDBY LEVEL; 5
BUYING; Uranium
Step 1: Take 5% of my population.
Step 2: Go to nsecomomy, find Raziac.
Step 3: Find Unemployed but Able and Criminal numbers.
Step 4: Divide Unemployed but Able by 4.
Step 5: Add new Unemployed but Able total to the 5%.
Step 6: Divide Criminals by 35.
Step 7: Add new Criminal total to the Unemployed but Able and 5%.
Step 8: Done!
We support alternative energy, or in Emperor Palpatine's words UNLIMITED PPOOWWWAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 am

Lackadaisical2 wrote:Do you ever get the feeling that someone on here is someone you know from RL, and that they know who you are, but you don't know that its them?

Did that even make sense?

It made sense, but the people I know in RL don't strike me as they would be here.

Raziac
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raziac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 am

Because. (I will type out a sentence-one word at a time. Be patient.)
FT-Prime. Stand your ground laws in effect. A country of human beings living in a bi-solar planetary system.
DEFCON 10
STANDBY LEVEL; 5
BUYING; Uranium
Step 1: Take 5% of my population.
Step 2: Go to nsecomomy, find Raziac.
Step 3: Find Unemployed but Able and Criminal numbers.
Step 4: Divide Unemployed but Able by 4.
Step 5: Add new Unemployed but Able total to the 5%.
Step 6: Divide Criminals by 35.
Step 7: Add new Criminal total to the Unemployed but Able and 5%.
Step 8: Done!
We support alternative energy, or in Emperor Palpatine's words UNLIMITED PPOOWWWAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Akka-chan
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Akka-chan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:03 am

OH hum.
Nothing can be better than a swan dive into the asphalt...
Queen of Perversion and Mistress of Insanity.
╔╗ ♥♥ ╔══╗
║║ ♥♥ ║╔╗║
║║ ♥♥ ║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
╚╝ ♥♥ ║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣

♥♥♥♥♥╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝
- Check out mah art, yo!
- For Your Convenience.
Avalar wrote:God I wish my nanna was senile!
Anonymous wrote:I recently found out I have Autism.
is their any way to get rid of it?
birdmandoon wrote:Opinion: Pinkie Pie is the best pony
Fact: Fluttershy is the best pony.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:05 am

Akka-chan wrote:OH hum.

hum ho.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 am

The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:
Akka-chan wrote:OH hum.

hum ho.

Is the sickle gonna slice up the cross?
Justice for Jane Doe

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:08 am

Erinkita wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:hum ho.

Is the sickle gonna slice up the cross?

No. I thought it would better represent my nation than the traditional hammer and sickle.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:11 am

Erinkita wrote:Is the sickle gonna slice up the cross?

No. I thought it would better represent my nation than the traditional hammer and sickle.

Cool. A cross is almost as good a blunt instrument as a hammer, especially if it's one of those big heavy ones.
Last edited by Erinkita on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justice for Jane Doe

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:13 am

Erinkita wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:No. I thought it would better represent my nation than the traditional hammer and sickle.

Cool. A cross is almost as good a blunt instrument as a hammer, especially if it's one of those big heavy ones.

:P. Ever wonder if the sickle is cutting the hammer or is the hammer about to pound the sickle?

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:15 am

Erinkita wrote:Cool. A cross is almost as good a blunt instrument as a hammer, especially if it's one of those big heavy ones.

:P. Ever wonder if the sickle is cutting the hammer or is the hammer about to pound the sickle?

I figure both. The hammer thinks it has the sickle at its mercy, but doesn't see the sickle rearing up behind it.
Justice for Jane Doe

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:16 am

Erinkita wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote::P. Ever wonder if the sickle is cutting the hammer or is the hammer about to pound the sickle?

I figure both. The hammer thinks it has the sickle at its mercy, but doesn't see the sickle rearing up behind it.

So much for "workers of the world unite". The farmers and the industrialists obviously don't get along.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 am

Erinkita wrote:I figure both. The hammer thinks it has the sickle at its mercy, but doesn't see the sickle rearing up behind it.

So much for "workers of the world unite". The farmers and the industrialists obviously don't get along.

As symbolic representations of agricultural and industrial workers go, I've always preferred the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodsman.
Justice for Jane Doe

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:19 am

Erinkita wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:So much for "workers of the world unite". The farmers and the industrialists obviously don't get along.

As symbolic representations of agricultural and industrial workers go, I've always preferred the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodsman.

Ok, so I'm not the only one who drew that connection.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 am

Erinkita wrote:As symbolic representations of agricultural and industrial workers go, I've always preferred the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodsman.

Ok, so I'm not the only one who drew that connection.

No, not at all. If you squint at it, that book is full of 1900s social parallels.
Justice for Jane Doe

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:25 am

Erinkita wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:Ok, so I'm not the only one who drew that connection.

No, not at all. If you squint at it, that book is full of 1900s social parallels.

I guess I would know that if I read it today.

I found so many biblical references in Star Wars, holy fuck.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:28 am

Erinkita wrote:No, not at all. If you squint at it, that book is full of 1900s social parallels.

I guess I would know that if I read it today.

Keep in mind the controversy over the proposed silver standard. That's the centre of the allegory, if there is one and everyone's not just reading too much into it.

Really? That's surprising to me. I noticed them all over the place in The Matrix, but not Star Wars.
Justice for Jane Doe

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:35 am

Erinkita wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:I guess I would know that if I read it today.

Keep in mind the controversy over the proposed silver standard. That's the centre of the allegory, if there is one and everyone's not just reading too much into it.

Really? That's surprising to me. I noticed them all over the place in The Matrix, but not Star Wars.

Episode III:
Anakin sells his soul to Palpatine for power, becomes an Anti-Christ figure.
Palpatine is Satan, obviously, leading him to evil with promises of love and eternal life.
Anakin is corrupted by what the Jedi sees as "sin" (falling in love, corruption by fear)
The Bible constantly repeats that fear of loss can hinder a Christian's faith.

Another alternate thing is, think of Anakin/Vader as God, the old testament God. Hateful and killing anything to destroy what he see's as evil. And think of Luke Skywalker as Jesus, leading God to become more forgiving and ultimately forgiving the Rebels and killing Satan once and for all.

I'm sure theres more, but I need to watch it again.
Last edited by The Jahistic Unified Republic on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 am

Erinkita wrote:Keep in mind the controversy over the proposed silver standard. That's the centre of the allegory, if there is one and everyone's not just reading too much into it.

Episode III:
Palpatine is Satan, obviously, leading him to evil with promises of love and eternal life.
Anakin is corrupted by what the Jedi sees as "sin" (falling in love, corruption by fear)

Another alternate thing is, think of Anakin/Vader as God, the old testament God. Hateful and killing anything to destroy what he see's as evil. And think of Luke Skywalker as Jesus, leading God to become more forgiving and ultimately forgiving the Rebels and killing Satan once and for all.

Hmm... seems a little shaky to me. There are lots of stories that have a hero becoming evil through temptation.
Vader didn't seem to think the Rebellion or any of his other targets were evil. I don't remember him ever voicing a moral opinion. He seems more nihilistic to me tbh.
Luke as Jesus doesn't really work for me because he didn't redeem the rebels for anything. They didn't need to be forgiven. He also never died and resurrected, even symbollically. It was more of a classic hero's journey than a Christ metaphor.
Justice for Jane Doe

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 am

Developing event: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19372533 (Anyone may escalate this to a full thread)

Sound awful in my opinion. Are NYC NSers safe?
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Developing event: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19372533

I am 6 horus from NYC. I was just reading it.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Developing event: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19372533

Shit.
I don't think I know any New Yorkers on NS.
Justice for Jane Doe

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:43 am

Erinkita wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:Episode III:

Hmm... seems a little shaky to me. There are lots of stories that have a hero becoming evil through temptation.
Vader didn't seem to think the Rebellion or any of his other targets were evil. I don't remember him ever voicing a moral opinion. He seems more nihilistic to me tbh.
Luke as Jesus doesn't really work for me because he didn't redeem the rebels for anything. They didn't need to be forgiven. He also never died and resurrected, even symbollically. It was more of a classic hero's journey than a Christ metaphor.

I can agree that the matrix is filled with them. At the very least, admit that Darth Maul is the scariest motherfucker alive :P

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:45 am

The French socialist lass I used to talk to deleted her everything. :(
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives