NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread - So NSG, What's Going On?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Saurisisia wrote:
Yuktova wrote:That's what the Scientific Party is. It doesn't exist...yet...

Eh, I prefer running on my own accord. I would trust no one as I strive to achieve my ultimate goal: the position as ruler of America.

I thoguht you had given that goal up in support of hath in the name of the cookie.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
I admire the optimism.

As far as the policies, I disagree with drastically increasing taxes on corporations, but do support a small hike... and a small hike in capital gains taxes... I'd say I like about half that plan. Not a bad start.

When I say extremely, I mean that in the context of policy. Most corporations which make tens of millions or higher have negligible marginal rates. I support drawing around 20% of their operating profits and using the windfall from that to lower taxes on smaller businesses. As for capital gains, I support raising it to about 35%, which is in line with average income tax for wage earners.

20% is too high. Drop it to 10%... 35% on capital gains is also a bit overdone. I'd go with 15 or 20%, depending on the cash involved.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Norstal wrote:Something I noticed: increasing taxes on corporations on a state-level seems to drive them away. Increasing taxes on corporations on a national-level won't do much.

That's one reason why the South isn't hurting quite as bad as the rest of us.

They are. Job growth in Texas has been outpaced by population growth. The rest of the south suffers from the most severe poverty in the US. Unemployment isn't the only measure of "hurting," since I would much rather be unemployed in Massachusetts than in Tennessee. All in all, people are doing better in northern states with average better education, better health care outcomes, higher median incomes and better access to basic services like police and fire departments(of which nearly half were shut down in Texas, for example.)
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Saurisisia wrote:
Eh, I prefer running on my own accord. I would trust no one as I strive to achieve my ultimate goal: the position as ruler of America.

I thoguht you had given that goal up in support of hath in the name of the cookie.

Oh yeah.

Eh, we'll see how it goes. If it turns out that Hath's unable to do it, then I'd be able to carry it out myself.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
I'm libertarian, not conservative, and not liberal. D:

You're more conservative than the average centrist.

The FB quiz I took yesterday also said I'm libertarian...

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

I lol'd
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Quizzes lie.

And I'm not saying you aren't a libertarian. I'm saying you're a right-libertarian.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
When I say extremely, I mean that in the context of policy. Most corporations which make tens of millions or higher have negligible marginal rates. I support drawing around 20% of their operating profits and using the windfall from that to lower taxes on smaller businesses. As for capital gains, I support raising it to about 35%, which is in line with average income tax for wage earners.

20% is too high. Drop it to 10%... 35% on capital gains is also a bit overdone. I'd go with 15 or 20%, depending on the cash involved.

20% is less than my grandfather paid to operate a business with profits of <$500k a year. 20% is what my mother pays before she receives her check. Since every penny they've earned has been on the backs of generations of Americans who built a country in which business can be profitably operated, I'd say 20% is a deal they should be delighted to receive.

I'd support an additional transaction tax of 50% on every dollar over $5,000 spent on political contributions.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos

Yuktova
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktova » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Yuktova wrote:Thanks!

I'll prolly run under the Scientific Party or something. It'll mainly focus on improving agriculture, using the "Finnish model" of education (low stress, co-operative learning, individualized tests, ect.) make higher learning more affordable, make healthcare cheap and affordable, ect.

As long as you don't raise taxes, count me in.

I won't. It'll mainly be if we have the resources to do what we want. Money never really enters the equation. It depends on if we have the resources to do it. For example, let's say I want to replace Boston's old, inefficient city design with a circular city. We would first make sure we have the concrete, and metals required. We would put a central computer information "bank" in the centre, so that it can monitor all of the resources for us, population, ect. We then put several universities around the central computer information "bank". The universities are detected to agriculture, agronomy, medicine, ect. We then have entertainment centers and social clubs in the middle. Beyond that, we have the housing and agricultural "sky-scrappers" if you will. They can grow fruits and veggies year round due to gethothermal.
I'm Morrissey... Nice to meet you.
Goldsaver said: This is murder, not a romantic date!

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Saurisisia wrote:
The Corparation wrote:I thoguht you had given that goal up in support of hath in the name of the cookie.

Oh yeah.

Eh, we'll see how it goes. If it turns out that Hath's unable to do it, then I'd be able to carry it out myself.

This tratoiurs thinking hall be reported to Hath in the name of cookies and milk.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

20% is less than my grandfather paid to operate a business with profits of <$500k a year. 20% is what my mother pays before she receives her check. Since every penny they've earned has been on the backs of generations of Americans who built a country in which business can be profitably operated, I'd say 20% is a deal they should be delighted to receive.

I'd support an additional transaction tax of 50% on every dollar over $5,000 spent on political contributions.

Class warfare doesn't work though. And I LOVE that tax on political contributions. A truly voluntary tax.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Class warfare doesn't work though. And I LOVE that tax on political contributions. A truly voluntary tax.

It isn't "class warfare" to ask rich people to lend a hand to the poor.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Former Wellboneland
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Wellboneland » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Me and my friends are going hunting.
EDIT: No we are not :(
Last edited by Former Wellboneland on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Wellboneland, add 1982 posts.
I use the stats of my old nation. I have 2 billion people and 4 million soldiers.
Tulija wrote:Immature; good comic relief.
Our Tech Level is MT, and call us Wellboneland.
Our military

I am not a likable person at first, but it always comes back to this.
My Little Nutella
Bacon Tacos with Alekcandor!
99% of our people ICly act like this.
WE ARE NOT PONYISTS OMG IF YOU CALL US PONIES ONE MORE TIME...

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Paying what other people have to pay to do something that will help you no matter what the outcome is. Class warfare is already going on, and so far the wealthy are winning by convincing everyone else that any attempt to get them to pay for the services they rely on to make their millions(or billions,) is an act of aggression, while they increase profit margins by stagnating their wages over a period of 40 years.

Also, Bonobos

Yuktova
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktova » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Wazkyraque wrote:
Yuktova wrote:So kinda like déjà vu. Cool.

Also, I tied you up to a railroad ;)

When did this happen? :b

While you were asleep. I sodomized you :lol: :p

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Saurisisia wrote:
Oh yeah.

This tratoiurs thinking hall be reported to Hath in the name of cookies and milk.

Oh crap.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Yuktova wrote:
Wazkyraque wrote:

:rofl: :rofl:

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Former Wellboneland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Former Wellboneland » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I am on a boat :3
I use the stats of my old nation. I have 2 billion people and 4 million soldiers.
Our military

My Little Nutella

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Former Wellboneland wrote:I am on a boat :3

I'm a boss.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Former Wellboneland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Former Wellboneland » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Norstal wrote:
Former Wellboneland wrote:I am on a boat :3

I'm a boss.

The kid who look up to me can suck my dick.
I'm on shrooms.
I got a dick in a box.
Our military

My Little Nutella

Yuktova
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktova » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Former Wellboneland wrote:
Norstal wrote:I'm a boss.

I'm on shrooms.
I got a dick in a box.

:lol:

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Former Wellboneland wrote:
Norstal wrote:I'm a boss.

I'm on shrooms.
I got a dick in a box.

I threw your box on the ground.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Paying what other people have to pay to do something that will help you no matter what the outcome is. Class warfare is already going on, and so far the wealthy are winning by convincing everyone else that any attempt to get them to pay for the services they rely on to make their millions(or billions,) is an act of aggression, while they increase profit margins by stagnating their wages over a period of 40 years.

I agree that the tax on a federal level needs to be increased, but this whole class warfare thing? I don't see it.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Former Wellboneland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Former Wellboneland » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Yuktova wrote:
Former Wellboneland wrote:The kid who look up to me can suck my dick.
I'm on shrooms.
I got a dick in a box.

:lol:

Yes, TLI is funny.
Our military

My Little Nutella

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Yuktova wrote:
Wazkyraque wrote:

Damnit, all the fun stuff happens when I'm not awake :b :3
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

PreviousNext