NATION

PASSWORD

NSG World Map

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Inchland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 26, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: NSG World Map

Postby Inchland » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 am

Is Ireland available?
CELESTIAL DIVINITIES and NIGHTKILL THE EMPEROR and DENECAEP and KALASION and WWII History Geeks Asked To Be Here, I Said Yes.

Recipient of the Hahklallian Smartness Award, awarded to me by Hahklallah

Nightkill The Emperor again..... Just because
Tsarsgrad was here.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:11 am

Inchland wrote:Is Ireland available?

No, it belongs to #6, Justorica.

There is a link to the map on the very first page of the thread. If an area has a number, it has been taken.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Hessinator
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessinator » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:27 am

hey thanks a lot, much appreciated
"You stay classy Nationstates"

--Hessinator

Hessinator
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hessinator » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:27 am

oh and also, who is Neo?

--Hessinator

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:28 am

Hessinator wrote:oh and also, who is Neo?

A deserter, We'll shoot him when he gets back, :p

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 am

Maurepas wrote:

Seriously, I hope he wears waders, he's going to be knee-deep in shit for running out like that (assuming there wasn't some awful reason we don't know).
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Sudreich
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudreich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 am

For whomever is responsible, I want Nepal, and won't settle for anything smaller than it :D

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

Seriously, I hope he wears waders, he's going to be knee-deep in shit for running out like that (assuming there wasn't some awful reason we don't know).

Meh, it really didnt bother me, I got in early, and my little corner of the world is virtually uncontested, although Vader is a tough cookie, just wave Mark Hamill in front of him, and he's butter though, lol...

I just like making random comments...

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:43 am

Sudreich wrote:For whomever is responsible, I want Nepal, and won't settle for anything smaller than it :D

Did. You. Check. The. Map?

It is rather out of date, but please check it.

Sudreich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudreich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:52 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Sudreich wrote:For whomever is responsible, I want Nepal, and won't settle for anything smaller than it :D

I. Did. Check. The. Map. Before. Posting.

And there's no frickin number in Nepal! You do know where it is, right?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:55 am

Sudreich wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:

I. Did. Check. The. Map. Before. Posting.

And there's no frickin number in Nepal! You do know where it is, right?

Sorry, but you wouldn't believe how many people jumped on here and asked for some country that went on the first page.

Sudreich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudreich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Farnhamia wrote:Sorry, but you wouldn't believe how many people jumped on here and asked for some country that went on the first page.

No problem, there will always be n00bs, it seems. Not that I'm not new here, but I'm not a n00b. 8)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

There is a link to the map on the very first page of the thread. If an area has a number, it has been taken.

On the other paw, 'Justorica' is only a 2009 nation and Neo already took both Northern Ireland and the Arran Islands out of his territories to give to two later claimants, so re-assigning the rest of Ireland as well wouldn't be too unreasonable; he'd still have all of Great Britain, Iceland, Greenland and various other islands, after all... No promises yet, but maybe we could consider it...
Would anybody else care to give an opinion here?

Hokay, Nepal was still available so it's now yours...

*(goes to amend list of "What's Still Available" in post near top of page 17)*
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:

On the other paw, 'Justorica' is only a 2009 nation and Neo already took both Northern Ireland and the Arran Islands out of his territories to give to two later claimants, so re-assigning the rest of Ireland as well wouldn't be too unreasonable; he'd still have all of Great Britain, Iceland, Greenland and various other islands, after all... No promises yet, but maybe we could consider it...

Yeah, we should talk about the whole "ancients get more consideration" and the "two countries only" rules. In this case, Justorica got in before the two-countries rule as made (did you know that Greenland is gaining its independence finally?). As for the former rule, I'm not sure it's very fair. If you can't get in early, well, tough noogies.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Farnhamia wrote:Yeah, we should talk about the whole "ancients get more consideration" and the "two countries only" rules. In this case, Justorica got in before the two-countries rule as made (did you know that Greenland is gaining its independence finally?). As for the former rule, I'm not sure it's very fair. If you can't get in early, well, tough noogies.

First, its actually gaining its independence?

And, second, agreed, Id say any who have more than two countries should probably have to choose which they want to keep...And what about those who just made a new nation to be their primary one, but actually have been here a long time? This nation isnt very old, but Ive been here for a good 3 to 4 years....

Sudreich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudreich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:

Proportionally, you must balance the age of the Ancient nations with the number of new claimants, and seeing as things are, I guess the balance is tipped in favor of the new claimants, so the old ones might as well suffer a little 'rural reform'.

Also, bear expressions ftw.

Bears Armed wrote:Hokay, Nepal was still available so it's now yours...

*(goes to amend list of "What's Still Available" in post near top of page 17)*

Thankyouverymuch.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Yeah, we should talk about the whole "ancients get more consideration" and the "two countries only" rules. In this case, Justorica got in before the two-countries rule as made (did you know that Greenland is gaining its independence finally?). As for the former rule, I'm not sure it's very fair. If you can't get in early, well, tough noogies.

And, second, agreed, Id say any who have more than two countries should probably have to choose which they want to keep...And what about those who just made a new nation to be their primary one, but actually have been here a long time? This nation isnt very old, but Ive been here for a good 3 to 4 years....

Binding arbitration! No, wait ...

We'll have to consider claims one by one, I guess.

Actually, Denmark granted Greenland home rule back in 1979, but effective on the 21st of this month, they voted for even more control, except for defense, security and financial policy. Oh, and the Danes provide a subsidy of $11,300 for each Greenlander. There are less than 60,000 of them, so I guess Denmark doesn't mind.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

Actually, Denmark granted Greenland home rule back in 1979, but effective on the 21st of this month, they voted for even more control, except for defense, security and financial policy. Oh, and the Danes provide a subsidy of $11,300 for each Greenlander. There are less than 60,000 of them, so I guess Denmark doesn't mind.

Yeah, I knew that, but I thought you meant that it was going to become a full fledged sovereign nation, with its own defense, etc...

$11,300, damn...*considers moving to Greenland* :p

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Maurepas wrote:First, its actually gaining its independence?

Yeah, I knew that, but I thought you meant that it was going to become a full fledged sovereign nation, with its own defense, etc...

$11,300, damn...*considers moving to Greenland* :p

So did I before I looked it up. And I know, eleven grand, but ... it's Greenland.

Culebra
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Culebra » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:16 pm

The Island of Puerto Rico and its outer Islands of Culebra, Vieques, Isla Mona and any other archipelagos that belong to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

AND

All the Lesser Antilles Nations and Territories (see wiki map below for list)

This will be the island vacation hot spot baby!

Thank you :)

http://www.wordtravels.com/images/map/P ... co_map.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islands_of_Puerto_Rico

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lesse ... slands.png
Last edited by Culebra on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hessinator
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hessinator » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:22 pm

I can't see a reason for the spoiler button, what could people possibly want to hide?

My previous requests still stand, however, I'll gladly be a pioneer to start colonizing other worlds.

--Hessinator

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Hessinator wrote:
I can't see a reason for the spoiler button, what could people possibly want to hide?

My previous requests still stand, however, I'll gladly be a pioneer to start colonizing other worlds.

In things such as movies, books, etc...you dont want to spoil things for other posters, and so this way posters have an option of whether to read it or not...

Anyway, I dont see why you cant, the differing time periods involved in many nations made this a little impractical anyway...my nation is set in the modern era, however many nations are set in the far future, or past, etc...

Hessinator
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hessinator » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah yeah, I know what a spoiler is, I just wasn't sure why anyone would use them on Nationstates! Well actually, I guess if the forum is discussing something that may be spoiled... eh, I don't know... and yeah, you know what, LET IT BE KNOWN THAT HESSINATOR WILL BE ONE OF THE FIRST IN NATIONSTATES TO VENTURE OUT OF THIS WORLD, AND BEGIN TO COLONIZE EARTH'S NEIGHBOR, MARS. Obviously I'm not leaving the WA, or the world itself, I'm just renaming Mars as New Hessinator (please guys, go with this?) and making it an extension of what I hope will become an interplanetary "world"

I'm taking modern times into the future... speeding up progress, and becoming a pioneer!

--Hessinator

Hessinator
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hessinator » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:39 pm

I have to start putting all of my thoughts onto one reply...

As of now I don't know a way to do this, but is there any way for me to change the name of my nation from Hessinator, to New Hessinator? Not the prefix, but the nation itself

Thanks

--Hessinator

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:51 pm

What will we do if the great betrayer doesnt come back? Im sure this has been discussed but Im not reading about it :p .

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives