NATION

PASSWORD

[NSG Senate] Lobby-ing a Scimitar

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Merizoc wrote:Guys. It's spelled Marsellus. We fucked up.

Don't blame me, I didn't make the title. :P
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:52 am

That's taking the Michael - proxies are supposed to be temporary, not several months.

Also, and I'm not accusing you of this - it should just be a precedent set, proxies should be made known by the person in public lest someone decides to doctor an image.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:23 am

I ask everyone to grant me a proxy vote until February 29, 2025.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | Wiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:26 am

The Sarian wrote:

That's taking the Michael - proxies are supposed to be temporary, not several months.

Also, and I'm not accusing you of this - it should just be a precedent set, proxies should be made known by the person in public lest someone decides to doctor an image.

Yeah, it actually is a precedent that proxies need to be validated on the forums, not just through TG. I don't think there's any foul play going on in this instance, but to prevent doctoring of TGs, the rule is in place. This proxy is not valid until Belmaria confirms it on the forums. The admins are discussing the length.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Nariterrr
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:07 am

Maklohi Vai wrote:
The Sarian wrote:That's taking the Michael - proxies are supposed to be temporary, not several months.

Yeah, it actually is a precedent that proxies need to be validated on the forums, not just through TG. I don't think there's any foul play going on in this instance, but to prevent doctoring of TGs, the rule is in place. This proxy is not valid until Belmaria confirms it on the forums. The admins are discussing the length.

Alright, I'll ask for Belmaria to confirm on the forums.

As for the length, It should be noted that I am only allowed to proxy if Belmaria appears to be away for some time. Belmaria isn't going away, he'll just be inactive.
Honestly who knows what about anything anymore.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:27 am

Nariterrr wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Yeah, it actually is a precedent that proxies need to be validated on the forums, not just through TG. I don't think there's any foul play going on in this instance, but to prevent doctoring of TGs, the rule is in place. This proxy is not valid until Belmaria confirms it on the forums. The admins are discussing the length.

Alright, I'll ask for Belmaria to confirm on the forums.

As for the length, It should be noted that I am only allowed to proxy if Belmaria appears to be away for some time. Belmaria isn't going away, he'll just be inactive.

Proxies are not designed and allowed just for the sake of inactivity, but actually if someone has to be away for a certain period of time for a definite reason. For example, going on vacation to a place without internet, necessitating a weeklong proxy. That's what it's meant for, not just because someone has access but doesn't bother to vote. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood what you meant, but that's how I interpret your last sentence.
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:50 am

Maklohi Vai wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:Alright, I'll ask for Belmaria to confirm on the forums.

Proxies are not designed and allowed just for the sake of inactivity, but actually if someone has to be away for a certain period of time for a definite reason. For example, going on vacation to a place without internet, necessitating a weeklong proxy. That's what it's meant for, not just because someone has access but doesn't bother to vote. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood what you meant, but that's how I interpret your last sentence.

Belmaria is focusing on something else called NARIS and will be away. Inactivity is the result, not the reason behind proxying.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:55 am

Opinion Research Survey Number Two

This poll was conducted by measuring the number of Senators who voted in the last round of voting. Before any of you pedantics grab at my throat, this is the best way of doing things. There would be no way to measure opinion otherwise.

The question polled was this.

"If an election for the government of Elizia were to be held tomorrow, who would you vote for?"

The results were as such.

Liberal Democrats/Chinese Interests Party/Federalist Party (Coalition) - 37.9%, -7.2% (11/29)
Elizia First/Path to Harmony (Coalition) - 31.0%, +14.9% (9/29)
Labour/National Worker's Party (Coalition) - 20.7%, +7.8% (6/29)
Social Liberal Party - 10.4% +0.7% (3/29)
National Islamic Party - 0.0%, -3.30% (0/29)
Elizian National Congress - 0.0%, - 3.20% (0/29)
Others and Independents - 0.0% -9.7% (0/29)

In possibly the last poll before the first general elections in a free Elizia, the National Coalition rebounded under the leadership of Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang, drawing most of his support from the NIP, which was left high and dry. The incumbent Lib Dem rainbow coalition fell by nearly 8%, which raises the interesting question - will race become a important question in this election and beyond?

The Left Coalition continued their impressive performance in the polls, going from fourth to the credible third party in the upcoming election. Will they become the kingmaker, or will they continue to impress in Opposition? From the shot they've been in government with their leader, Abraham Kamassi at Social Affairs, they seem to be quite efficient at solving problems. Will this prove to help them get into government with either the NC or the incumbent coalition?

With the Social Union merging into the Social Liberal Party, the SLP has increased their vote share somewhat, but the internal fighting, with Alan Chan versus Ahmed Corbor has proven to hurt their chances somewhat. Could the firebrand Alan Chan have hurt them from getting into office, or will Corbor try to make amends for what he has done?

The NIP and the ENC completely dropped off the radar this week, as did any independent candidates or those from any minor parties. Is there still time for them to garner some votes, or have they dropped off the cliff into relative obscurity?

With a writ of election due to be issued in about a week, this poll now throws new spanners into the works. Neither the incumbent coalition or the NC will be able to get into power without an agreement with the Lab/NWP coalition. This does provide interesting negotiation material before the polls begin.

Turnout was down on last week.
Last edited by Tumbra on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:10 am

Nariterrr wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Proxies are not designed and allowed just for the sake of inactivity, but actually if someone has to be away for a certain period of time for a definite reason. For example, going on vacation to a place without internet, necessitating a weeklong proxy. That's what it's meant for, not just because someone has access but doesn't bother to vote. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood what you meant, but that's how I interpret your last sentence.

Belmaria is focusing on something else called NARIS and will be away. Inactivity is the result, not the reason behind proxying.

A gameplay script of dubious use and existence is hardly a good excuse for not voting.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | Wiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:25 am

Nariterrr wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Proxies are not designed and allowed just for the sake of inactivity, but actually if someone has to be away for a certain period of time for a definite reason. For example, going on vacation to a place without internet, necessitating a weeklong proxy. That's what it's meant for, not just because someone has access but doesn't bother to vote. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood what you meant, but that's how I interpret your last sentence.

"Focusing on something else" isn't a legitimate reason to have a proxy. I'm officially denying it.

*this is an official Admin ruling*
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:28 am

Ainin wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:Belmaria is focusing on something else called NARIS and will be away. Inactivity is the result, not the reason behind proxying.

A gameplay script of dubious use and existence is hardly a good excuse for not voting.

I'm telling you what he told me, don't kill the messenger.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Ainin wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:Belmaria is focusing on something else called NARIS and will be away. Inactivity is the result, not the reason behind proxying.

Don't bash something you know nothing about. I doubt you even have the ability to comprehend the concepts behind the project, so know your role and shut your hole.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Ainin wrote:A gameplay script of dubious use and existence is hardly a good excuse for not voting.

Don't bash something you know nothing about. I doubt you even have the ability to comprehend the concepts behind the project, so know your role and shut your hole.

To be fair, even if Ainin doesn't know about Gameplay, the reaction in that thread from the people who do kind of indicate that he's right.
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Ainin wrote:A gameplay script of dubious use and existence is hardly a good excuse for not voting.

Oh, so you are around. And please watch your language.
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:15 pm

The Licentian Isles wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Don't bash something you know nothing about. I doubt you even have the ability to comprehend the concepts behind the project, so know your role and shut your hole.

To be fair, even if Ainin doesn't know about Gameplay, the reaction in that thread from the people who do kind of indicate that he's right.

The reaction in the thread only indicates that there are people on Gameplay who are complete cynics, opposed to any and all outside participation. This has been pointed out before, and I hope I don't get another warning for "flaming" or "flame-baiting" for pointing it out.

*looks at the fuhrer of Nationstates*

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Belmaria wrote:

The reaction in the thread only indicates that there are people on Gameplay who are complete cynics, opposed to any and all outside participation. This has been pointed out before, and I hope I don't get another warning for "flaming" or "flame-baiting" for pointing it out.

Good to see your "the whole world's against me" attitude doesn't just apply in the Senate.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Don't bash something you know nothing about. I doubt you even have the ability to comprehend the concepts behind the project, so know your role and shut your hole.

Oh, so you are around. And please watch your language.

I was told that you wanted me to post my intention to allow Nariterrr to proxy vote in the forum, but I see that you've already denied it.

Posted in a separate comment for easier quoting.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Belmaria wrote:The reaction in the thread only indicates that there are people on Gameplay who are complete cynics, opposed to any and all outside participation. This has been pointed out before, and I hope I don't get another warning for "flaming" or "flame-baiting" for pointing it out.

Good to see your "the whole world's against me" attitude doesn't just apply in the Senate.

Lol, that's not my mentality at all. I don't experience this type of harsh rebuke from such an overwhelming majority of a community anywhere but Nationstates, and within my own hyper-conservative family. Literally everyone else I know is more open-minded toward new ideas that I propose.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:21 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Oh, so you are around. And please watch your language.

I was told that you wanted me to post my intention to allow Nariterrr to proxy vote in the forum, but I see that you've already denied it.

Posted in a separate comment for easier quoting.

Yes, that's correct. Thanks for coming back just in case.
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Nautarya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nautarya » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

The Licentian Isles wrote:To be fair, even if Ainin doesn't know about Gameplay, the reaction in that thread from the people who do kind of indicate that he's right.

Nah, I think I'm fine. :P
Hail the Revolution! Hail the People's Republic!
Hail the emancipation of the Lazarene people!
Comrade Ainin
Governor of Information (Ret.), Lazarus
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Rejected Realms

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:06 am

Nautarya wrote:
The Licentian Isles wrote:To be fair, even if Ainin doesn't know about Gameplay, the reaction in that thread from the people who do kind of indicate that he's right.

Nah, I think I'm fine. :P

That's why I went with if :P

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:45 am

Hey look it's me.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:50 am

Jeckland wrote:Hey look it's me.

He look it's you. Welcome back.
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Jeckland wrote:Hey look it's me.

DONKEY

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:01 pm