NATION

PASSWORD

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Cosmic Awareness2
Attaché

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic Awareness2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Anyone have any 2012 predictions? I think that President Obama will probably get the Dem's nomination and I am hoping for Ron Paul from the republican side, but I don't know that that is very practical. If that doesn't happen (or perhaps even Gary Johnson) then I am hoping for a viable Libertarian candidate.

Rolamec
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Ron Paul won't get the GOP nomination. No, I don't. And not another one of these threads. Honestly, why couldn't the mods just do the whole community a favor and ban you? Why super forum deities? WHY!?!
Rolamec of New Earth
A Proud and Progressive Republican.
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Am thinking 2012 has too many variables to read this far out. IF the encomy improves and the GOP manages to keep over reaching, I think President Obama will be re-elected along with a reduction in the House GOP numbers. The Senate may remain Dem.

But, as I said, there's too many variables right now.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:00 pm

I predict that I will complete my PhD. w00t!

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Okay, I was afraid this would involve Mayan calendars...

It is unlikely for Obama to be primaried unless there is a major scandal. Ron Paul's chance of getting the Republican nomination is pretty unlikely too. The Republican Party is far too divided and reactionary for that.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Cosmic Awareness2
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic Awareness2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Dakini wrote:I predict that I will complete my PhD. w00t!

That's cool man! Good luck!

Cosmic Awareness2
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic Awareness2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Rolamec wrote:Ron Paul won't get the GOP nomination. No, I don't. And not another one of these threads. Honestly, why couldn't the mods just do the whole community a favor and ban you? Why super forum deities? WHY!?!

So far you are the only one hear to express that opinion, friend.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I predict a Tea Party split in the Repubs leading to a solid, though not overwhelming, Democrat victory.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Rolamec wrote:Ron Paul won't get the GOP nomination. No, I don't. And not another one of these threads. Honestly, why couldn't the mods just do the whole community a favor and ban you? Why super forum deities? WHY!?!

He hasn't committed any horrible rules violations.

Aaaaaannnnyyyywaaaayyy

Lots of people think the world will end in 2012 because its the last year on the Mayan calendar. I personally think that the Mayan Preists working on the Calendar realized that it was about half a century away so they went, "You know what? Enough of this calender shit, lets go get a beer."
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Rolamec
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Cosmic Awareness2 wrote:

So far you are the only one hear to express that opinion, friend.

I'm not your friend, pal. And we are all thinking it.
Rolamec of New Earth

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 pm

I predict that Obama will be voted out and replaced with SOMEONE, ANYONE more moderate than he is. I also think that he'll lose, refuse to leave office, and institiute martial law, causing the Second American Civil War when the US Army, led by the President-Elect, attack D.C., and Obama orders the launch of nukes against EVERYONE, to go out in a blaze of glory.

THAT is how the world ends.
Last edited by Neo Arcad on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:I predict that Obama will be voted out and replaced with SOMEONE, ANYONE more moderate than he is. I also think that he'll lose, refuse to leave office, and institiute martial law, causing the Second American Civil War when the US Army, led by the President-Elect, attack D.C., and Obama orders the launch of nukes against EVERYONE, to go out in a blaze of glory.

Sarcasm?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Rolamec
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:I predict that Obama will be voted out and replaced with SOMEONE, ANYONE more moderate than he is. I also think that he'll lose, refuse to leave office, and institiute martial law, causing the Second American Civil War when the US Army, led by the President-Elect, attack D.C., and Obama orders the launch of nukes against EVERYONE, to go out in a blaze of glory.

^This. FTW
Rolamec of New Earth

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Sarcasm?

The first part isn't, but the end part is.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:Okay, I was afraid this would involve Mayan calendars...

Allow me to oblige...

TEH WERLD IZ GOING TO ESPLODE!!!1!!1 TROLOLLOL

Seriously though, I just hope whoever gets elected somehow manages to get the US out of the toilet. I care less about retarded internal policy then I do about how they will affect the international community.
Last edited by Camicon on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Cosmic Awareness2
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic Awareness2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Rolamec wrote:
Cosmic Awareness2 wrote:So far you are the only one hear to express that opinion, friend.

O.K, PAL. It still seems, however that you are the only one hear to have expressed that opinion and unless you can read minds... But no! That's childish! Just as childish as I am I would suppose, yes?

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Rolamec wrote:

^This. FTW

You two better be trolling :roll:

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Rolamec
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Cosmic Awareness2 wrote:
Rolamec wrote:

O.K, PAL. It still seems, however that you are the only one hear to have expressed that opinion and unless you can read minds... But no! That's childish! Just as childish as I am I would suppose, yes?

No soup for you.
Rolamec of New Earth

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Sarcasm?

The first part isn't, but the end part is.

Obama is to the right of Clinton. His policies are almost exactly the same as the Elder Bush's. How in god's name do you think he's a radical?

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 pm

I predict that the stars will align, and the Great Old Ones will finally awaken from their death-like slumber to reclaim their lands from ignorant man, killing or enslaving all of humanity.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Cosmic Awareness2
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic Awareness2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Rolamec wrote:
Cosmic Awareness2 wrote:O.K, PAL. It still seems, however that you are the only one hear to have expressed that opinion and unless you can read minds... But no! That's childish! Just as childish as I am I would suppose, yes?

No soup for you.

But I like soup!!!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Olthar wrote:I predict that the stars will align, and the Great Old Ones will finally awaken from their death-like slumber to reclaim their lands from ignorant man, killing or enslaving all of humanity.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

-The Mad Arab, Abdul Alhazred

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Olthar wrote:I predict that the stars will align, and the Great Old Ones will finally awaken from their death-like slumber to reclaim their lands from ignorant man, killing or enslaving all of humanity.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,

Hooray for random irrelevant quotes? :eyebrow:
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Rolamec
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Olthar wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:That is not dead which can eternal lie,

Hooray for random irrelevant quotes? :eyebrow:

To quote Duke Ellington, "a problem is a chance for you to do your best."
Rolamec of New Earth

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:17 pm

My guess is that some 50 odd million people will die in the year 2012.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General