NATION

PASSWORD

Awesome/Funny NS quotes (not your own quotes, please)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 am

Shaggai wrote:Huh. 8999 posts in this thread. I'm not going to say it.

It's over...NINE...THOUSAND!
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Shaggai wrote:Huh. 8999 posts in this thread. I'm not going to say it.

It's over...NINE...THOUSAND!

No, now it is. At that time it was just precisely 9000.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:14 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:It's over...NINE...THOUSAND!

No, now it is. At that time it was just precisely 9000.

Nope. You didn't count the OP as a post. Your post was 9002 :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 am

This isn't a discussion thread. Why have there been so many posts which are both not awesome and not quotes over the past few days?
If you can read this, you're quoting this. Which would mean that you are missing the point.
Last edited by Tlaceceyaya on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:39 am

Tlaceceyaya wrote:This isn't a discussion thread. Why have there been so many posts which are both not awesome and not quotes over the past few days?
If you can read this, you're quoting this. Which would mean that you are missing the point.

It's always been like this.

And yes I can read that.
And no you don't have to quote it to see it. Just select the whole post and right click on it.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:From The New York Times - March 5, 2023

The Russian government announced today that Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, aged 77, has died his second death. An autopsy has suggested he died quietly in his sleep, of a heart attack caused by severe blockage in his humerus artery.

His first death occurred in 2017, during a terrorist strike in Moscow. Putin killed twenty civilians before being stopped by a tactical nuke.

Incumbent President Dmitry Medvedev delivered a teary speech to the Russian public earlier this morning, honoring Putin and hailing him as "Russia's greatest hero and my best friend".

"Vladimir is - I mean, was a great man," he said, affecting a tone that many noted was similar to that of Putin's own, "I shall miss him, as shall all Russians, whether they like it or not." This was accompanied by Medvedev tearing his podium in half and swearing violently in the language of the bears, as Putin was known to do when intimidating his foes.

Medvedev's speech, overflowing with love and adoration for Putin, lasted for three hours, breaking only so that Medvedev could take eye-drops in his personal room, citing a recently developed eye condition. However, many have noted that Medvedev returned with a fresh layer of tears on his cheek, suggesting that Putin's death had affected him more than he was willing to divulge.

Putin was a controversial figure in Russian politics, recently having come under fire for his violent enforcement Russia's strict anti-demon policies, involving Putin personally riding into a St. Petersburg protest on horseback with an oversized king chess piece. There were no survivors.

Putin had also been accused of arranging and, according to some, personally carrying out the assassination of beloved Russian demonic rights leader, Abram Blokhin, himself the son of a human father and demon mother.

"Abram's severed head was found on the Moon," said Blokhin's brother and fellow activist Mikhail last month, just tow days before his own mysterious disappearance, "The. Fucking. Moon. I don't know of anyone but [Putin] who could do that. Superman, maybe. But Superman is not real. Superman is not real."

In response to the increasingly violent strikes against Putin, he had increased his security detail greatly in the past two months.

Medvedev, whom witnesses have noticed seems to have spontaneously grown taller and more robust since Putin's death, has promised to continue Putin's policies exactly as he would have.

"Vladimir Putin was a great man," Medvedev continued, "All of you agree with that. All of you. It would be unforgivable to let Medvede- I mean, Vladimir's death get in the way of his vision. Haha, yes. Vladimir is dead. I am Medvedev. Ha."

His eyes arenoted as taking on a striking steely quality, reminiscent of Putin's, while violently swearing to continue "fucking Vlad's wife" in his memory. Many Russian political analysts are confident that Medvedev will continue on the Presidency just as Putin, who would have run for President in the coming election in Medvedev's place, would have.

"Putin is Medvedev," joked one anonymous source, who has since been arrested on charges of treason and erased from the annals of history.

Those close to Medvedev have noted that, since Putin's death, Medvedev's personal character has changed dramatically. Medvedev has reportedly taken on many of Putin's qualities, such as his cold manner, iron will, love for dramatically petting cats, and habit of referring to himself as "Vladimir Putin", likely as way of remembering his fallen ally and easing the transition to a complete Medvedev reign. It has been announced hat Putin's duties as Prime Minister will be folded into Medvedev's as the President, and that the Federal Assembly will go on a temporary respite until Medvedev (now to be referred to as "the General Secretary") has settled into his new position.

Medvedev closed the speech with an ideological assurance to the Russian people, "Putin's will will be enforced. His destiny will come to fruition. I promise you this, or my name isn't Vladimir Putin. Wait, shit. I meant Medvedev."

Medvedev then turned and returned to the presidential estate, displaying his bold fashion statement of running a zipper down his back.

"Vladimir Putin will live on in all of our hearts, minds, and suits made of human flesh," his speech says, "For some of us more literally than others."
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

The Russian government announced today that Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, aged 77, has died his second death. An autopsy has suggested he died quietly in his sleep, of a heart attack caused by severe blockage in his humerus artery.

His first death occurred in 2017, during a terrorist strike in Moscow. Putin killed twenty civilians before being stopped by a tactical nuke.

Incumbent President Dmitry Medvedev delivered a teary speech to the Russian public earlier this morning, honoring Putin and hailing him as "Russia's greatest hero and my best friend".

"Vladimir is - I mean, was a great man," he said, affecting a tone that many noted was similar to that of Putin's own, "I shall miss him, as shall all Russians, whether they like it or not." This was accompanied by Medvedev tearing his podium in half and swearing violently in the language of the bears, as Putin was known to do when intimidating his foes.

Medvedev's speech, overflowing with love and adoration for Putin, lasted for three hours, breaking only so that Medvedev could take eye-drops in his personal room, citing a recently developed eye condition. However, many have noted that Medvedev returned with a fresh layer of tears on his cheek, suggesting that Putin's death had affected him more than he was willing to divulge.

Putin was a controversial figure in Russian politics, recently having come under fire for his violent enforcement Russia's strict anti-demon policies, involving Putin personally riding into a St. Petersburg protest on horseback with an oversized king chess piece. There were no survivors.

Putin had also been accused of arranging and, according to some, personally carrying out the assassination of beloved Russian demonic rights leader, Abram Blokhin, himself the son of a human father and demon mother.

"Abram's severed head was found on the Moon," said Blokhin's brother and fellow activist Mikhail last month, just tow days before his own mysterious disappearance, "The. Fucking. Moon. I don't know of anyone but [Putin] who could do that. Superman, maybe. But Superman is not real. Superman is not real."

In response to the increasingly violent strikes against Putin, he had increased his security detail greatly in the past two months.

Medvedev, whom witnesses have noticed seems to have spontaneously grown taller and more robust since Putin's death, has promised to continue Putin's policies exactly as he would have.

"Vladimir Putin was a great man," Medvedev continued, "All of you agree with that. All of you. It would be unforgivable to let Medvede- I mean, Vladimir's death get in the way of his vision. Haha, yes. Vladimir is dead. I am Medvedev. Ha."

His eyes arenoted as taking on a striking steely quality, reminiscent of Putin's, while violently swearing to continue "fucking Vlad's wife" in his memory. Many Russian political analysts are confident that Medvedev will continue on the Presidency just as Putin, who would have run for President in the coming election in Medvedev's place, would have.

"Putin is Medvedev," joked one anonymous source, who has since been arrested on charges of treason and erased from the annals of history.

Those close to Medvedev have noted that, since Putin's death, Medvedev's personal character has changed dramatically. Medvedev has reportedly taken on many of Putin's qualities, such as his cold manner, iron will, love for dramatically petting cats, and habit of referring to himself as "Vladimir Putin", likely as way of remembering his fallen ally and easing the transition to a complete Medvedev reign. It has been announced hat Putin's duties as Prime Minister will be folded into Medvedev's as the President, and that the Federal Assembly will go on a temporary respite until Medvedev (now to be referred to as "the General Secretary") has settled into his new position.

Medvedev closed the speech with an ideological assurance to the Russian people, "Putin's will will be enforced. His destiny will come to fruition. I promise you this, or my name isn't Vladimir Putin. Wait, shit. I meant Medvedev."

Medvedev then turned and returned to the presidential estate, displaying his bold fashion statement of running a zipper down his back.

"Vladimir Putin will live on in all of our hearts, minds, and suits made of human flesh," his speech says, "For some of us more literally than others."

This is just so amazing. I nominate it for OP-worthiness.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:

This is just so amazing. I nominate it for OP-worthiness.

I just removed that section from the OP because I realised that the subjectivity of awesome makes quotes impossible to put up there, no matter how much I want.

And even though I think that rp post was brilliant.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Nat is a genius. A mad, mad, fucking genius.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:This is just so amazing. I nominate it for OP-worthiness.

I just removed that section from the OP because I realised that the subjectivity of awesome makes quotes impossible to put up there, no matter how much I want.

And even though I think that rp post was brilliant.

Shame, I think it definitely would have deserved it. I mean, the concept of Medvedyev being Putin's puppet has always been around, but never quite like this.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:21 am

Breadknife wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:I had no damn clue what "furriner" meant. I thought it was a last name.

A furriner is someone who aint a merkin. *nodnod*

Natair
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Natair » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Breadknife wrote:
A furriner is someone who aint a merkin. *nodnod*

Thought it had to do with furries 0_o
Proud AFKer since 2013
Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67
I'm just going to say this now and get it out of the way: Mods, Admins, and Mentors are not out to get you. There is no conspiracy. They're not going to waste their time and energy on one insignificant human being who's feeling sorry for themself. The world ain't out to get you; you're just paranoid.

Risottia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 pm

OP asks whether the idea that vaccines cause autism is bullshit or not.

Bluthie obliges with a wonderful bit.

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:It's not nonsense at all. It's quite correct.

After all, a needle is very much a phallic object: it is long, rod-shaped, hard, and it penetrates. When it is used on a male, it can cause sexual confusion: he is forced to ask himself, does he penetrate or does he get penetrated? Especially when it occurs at a young age, this confusion completely overwhelms the brain. Overloaded, the brain shuts itself off from the outside world.

In the case of females, meanwhile, let us recall that conception requires a female orgasm, and a female orgasm requires the male to first ejaculate. The actual injection of the serum from the needle into the bloodstream is essentially an ejaculation from what we have already shown is a phallic object. When it occurs to a female who has not yet reached puberty and so as yet lacks the reproductive capacity, however, her natural feminine hysteria is suppressed because of this out-of-sequence (and out-of-place) experience. Thus, instead of become reactive and dramatic as women are wont to do, she instead withdraws into herself--in extreme cases, this can manifest itself as autism.

Anollasia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anollasia » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Hydronium wrote:
Destiny Island wrote:What does Facebook taste like?

It tastes like the screams of fangirls and hormones... so, chicken.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Risottia wrote:OP asks whether the idea that vaccines cause autism is bullshit or not.

Bluthie obliges with a wonderful bit.

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:It's not nonsense at all. It's quite correct.

After all, a needle is very much a phallic object: it is long, rod-shaped, hard, and it penetrates. When it is used on a male, it can cause sexual confusion: he is forced to ask himself, does he penetrate or does he get penetrated? Especially when it occurs at a young age, this confusion completely overwhelms the brain. Overloaded, the brain shuts itself off from the outside world.

In the case of females, meanwhile, let us recall that conception requires a female orgasm, and a female orgasm requires the male to first ejaculate. The actual injection of the serum from the needle into the bloodstream is essentially an ejaculation from what we have already shown is a phallic object. When it occurs to a female who has not yet reached puberty and so as yet lacks the reproductive capacity, however, her natural feminine hysteria is suppressed because of this out-of-sequence (and out-of-place) experience. Thus, instead of become reactive and dramatic as women are wont to do, she instead withdraws into herself--in extreme cases, this can manifest itself as autism.

Were it not for the fact that Bluth was being slightly satirical, I would debate its validity, not just as awesome, but as quotable.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Aryavartha wrote:what? indian wins miss america? did they include spelling round this year?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Risottia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:59 am

Damanucus wrote:...
Were it not for the fact that Bluth was being slightly satirical

Gotta love slight understatements.

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Czechanada wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Hi, agnostic theist here, but I'm openminded (well obviously, if I'm agnostic). I want to have a civil discussion with atheists about the nature of existence without it getting derailed into name calling and personal attacks, or even if the world is better off without religion or not. Is this the place or not really?

An atheist thread is like a dark, forgotten, and labrynthine basement of stacks in a university library where the concrete and metal shelves are icy cold and it easy it is to stumble around lost for all eternity. That is, until you happen to find the secret meeting chamber of a secret atheist cabal, where we are all wearing black cloaks and pretentiously sitting around a round table.

We all stare at you, menacingly, until someone invites you into our friendly dicussion of the superiority of frozen yogurt over ice cream.
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:54 pm

San Leggera wrote:This one in some kid's basement
I only went because free beer.

This is a thread on political parties.
Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:59 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:

Post the title, so context is known.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
PC:
PS:
PT:

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Yeah...I question its validity as awesome or funny, even in context (he responded to what political party he was).

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Damanucus wrote:

Yeah...I question its validity as awesome or funny, even in context (he responded to what political party he was).

Well, people have different senses of humor.

PC:
PS:
PT:

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Euro Asian Republics wrote:Been here for a little over four years, and haven't posted much.

And from what I can determine; NSG is comprised of a mixed bag of nuts. There are left nuts, right nuts and even third party nuts.

Not a sane person in sight.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Euro Asian Republics wrote:Been here for a little over four years, and haven't posted much.

And from what I can determine; NSG is comprised of a mixed bag of nuts. There are left nuts, right nuts and even third party nuts.

Not a sane person in sight.

Plenty of people who need a kick in the nuts though.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm

So I was TGing with Nana, telling her some Hindi swears.

Me:
"Haraami" is "bastard".

"Chutia" is "fucker".

"Politician" is...well, that's self-explanatory.

Her:
All of the above?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General