NATION

PASSWORD

Universal Abolition of Government.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Balkanization followed by reunification for stronger States.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Balkanization followed by reunification for stronger States.

Or "the more things change, the more they stay the same."
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Farnhamia wrote:Or "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

More or less. Mankind has been on repeat for the past few millennia.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Aeronos
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeronos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm

A sudden transition would be terrible and defeat the point - Somalia's descent into anarchy was one of chaos for this very reason. The ideal path to anarchism is steady, progressive state withdrawal, permitting corporate competition the chance to replace public services, but without specific endorsement of corporations (the point of anarcho-capitalism is that corporocracy cannot exist due to the permanent state of bellum omnium contra omnes [war of all against all]). In the US, you'd have an immediately high level of unemployment with no police force, a condition that would immediately give way to chaos.

What could, hypothetically happen, if the government vanished overnight, is people would just agree to work for each other to keep society going, kinda like anarcho-syndicalism in 1930s Spain. Either this succeeds and thus Noam Chomsky is regarded a hero of everyone, or steadily, greed is eased back through voluntary means, replacing the anarcho-syndicalist society with a more efficient anarcho-capitalistic one, and Murray Rothbard then gets regarded the hero of everyone... But this would probably not happen, unfortunately.
My Political Compass
Economic: Left/Right (2.18)
Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian (-9.71)

Note: I am female, so please get the pronoun right!

Kruplyan
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kruplyan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm

That'd be awesome.

I'd move to the mountains, collect some wood, build a shelter, make a stone sword and fight off zombies at night and grief peoples' houses....damn I gotta step away from the computer before I go crazy.
Last edited by Kruplyan on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Immediate effect?
Military or a person living down the road with large friends will take over.

Effect in 20 years?
Same thing as there is today: just with different leaders, form of government, may be names etc. Most likely military dictatorship through out the world.

:eek: I agree with Great Nepal.

Militaries are horrible things (a necessary evil), but one thing you can't call them is fragile. It's unusual for them even to fracture, let alone spontaneously collapse.
AKA & RIP BunnySaurus Bugsii, Lucky Bicycle Works, Mean Feat, Godforsaken Warmachine, Class Warhair, Pandarchy

I'm sure I was excited when I won and bummed when I lost, but none of that stuck. Cause I was a kid, and I was alternately stoked and bummed at pretty much any given time. -Cannot think of a name
Brown people are only scary to those whose only contribution to humanity is their white skin.Big Jim P
I am a Christian. Christianity is my Morality's base OS.DASHES
... when the Light on the Hill dims, there are Greener pastures.Ardchoille

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Despite being an anarchist, I believe if something like this happened over night, it wouldn't even last a day before people started taking power again. I believe the government may one day be able to be abolished, but we are far from that lofty vision.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Lights in Anarchy
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lights in Anarchy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Nobel Hobos wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Immediate effect?
Military or a person living down the road with large friends will take over.

Effect in 20 years?
Same thing as there is today: just with different leaders, form of government, may be names etc. Most likely military dictatorship through out the world.

Militaries are horrible things (a necessary evil), but one thing you can't call them is fragile. It's unusual for them even to fracture, let alone spontaneously collapse.

Why are militaries necessary exactly?
Join: The Anarchist Party
A radical new Nation States Region that is In Progress
Interested Community Builders Wanted

Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Lights in Anarchy wrote:Why are militaries necessary exactly?

Why are militaries evil, exactly?

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Lights in Anarchy wrote:
Nobel Hobos wrote:

Why are militaries necessary exactly?

Mainly for preventing the predations of other militaries.

*nods*
I identify as
a problem

Banlieue 47
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Banlieue 47 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Experiment to see how it works:

Get a class full of students. Remove the teacher. The students can be of any sensible-ish age from Upper-Secondary age to University Students. Then remove all the teachers from the rest of the class and let the students take control. This is only the SOCIAL side of things, unless schools have militaries and automatic weapons... Ahem, most in the UK don't, can't vouch for across the pond [/controversy]

I'm guessing either: formation of gangs to protect property and one another, gang warfare. In the context of a nation, militaries either stepping up to get a grip over what's happening or militaries fragmenting and joining gangs or creating their own gangs with different ideologies. Either way: armed authority takes over. Gang warfare. Gang warfare versus armed authority. Lots of blood, disease, looting...

Either that or there'll just be a big crowd of Anarchists saying "We told you so" and everyone would have baseball bats (even if they don't have baseball bats, they do now) and go after the anarchists... But the anarchists have been planning for this so they already have stockpiles of drugs, alcamaholz and loose women... well, morally loose anyway... and everyone is suddenly good friends.

Personally I prefer the violent idea... Sounds kinda fun, of course, they can only brutally murder me if they promise to use my corpse in all manners of artistic and non-perverse ways.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.38
Neo-Interventionalist/Neo-Conservative: 3.75
Cultural-Liberal/Cultural-Conservative: 8.82

People who, when they talk, I listen:
Sibirsky
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Dakini
The Norwegian Blue
Nazis in Space
Grainne Ni Malley

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Lights in Anarchy wrote:Why are militaries necessary exactly?

Why are militaries evil, exactly?

GnI answered LiA sufficiently.

Militaries are evil when they exceed the necessary (defence against other militaries) and afford their civilian commanders or themselves the opportunity to launch wars of aggression. "Nobody can stop us, we can do what we want to those foreigners" ... and evil ensues even when some other army does stop them.
AKA & RIP BunnySaurus Bugsii, Lucky Bicycle Works, Mean Feat, Godforsaken Warmachine, Class Warhair, Pandarchy

I'm sure I was excited when I won and bummed when I lost, but none of that stuck. Cause I was a kid, and I was alternately stoked and bummed at pretty much any given time. -Cannot think of a name
Brown people are only scary to those whose only contribution to humanity is their white skin.Big Jim P
I am a Christian. Christianity is my Morality's base OS.DASHES
... when the Light on the Hill dims, there are Greener pastures.Ardchoille

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General