NATION

PASSWORD

Would you meet a fellow NSer?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you want to meet me?

Of course, you crazy drunk.
42%
No, you crazy drunk.
12%
Yes, and lock you in my basement.
14%
No, you'd probably be drunk and try to hit on me.
6%
No, You might stain the furniture.
6%
Does admiring from afar count as "meeting someone"?
4%
Stop stalking me.
18%

Total votes : 398

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Sat May 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Sibirsky wrote:Ahem. I would love to meet certain ones of you, and avoid other certain ones like the plaque.

The ones active in this thread right now fall into the first group (love to meet). Good people.

Most of NSG is good people. Some just scare the hell out of me. I probably scare the hell out of them, so it's all good.

True. Even the people I vehemently disagree with are people I figure to be pleasant enough socially. For the most part.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Mpya Mwanzo
Attaché

Founded: May 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mpya Mwanzo » Sat May 28, 2011 2:19 pm

considering the fact that one of the latest forum topics when i clicked this was "ah human, what a delicious treat" probably not... -.- lol but if so then i would try to come out in a maximum of 2 pieces....hopefully

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat May 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Geniasis wrote:True. Even the people I vehemently disagree with are people I figure to be pleasant enough socially. For the most part.

Exactly.

It's the ones you agree with you need to watch out for.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat May 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:There is a select few here that I would like to meet. Some of the people posting, like Lackey, DI, Buffy (who I'm meeting next month), Sibby, and a few others. The others, well, not really. And I'm sure they don't want to meet me either so it's all well balanced. :D

... Ouch Nana... ouch. :p

I would be willing to meet some of you guys. Probably not the crazy ones (which is everyone here, of course.)

I certainly am in favor of the huge meet-up thing though... then I could still do that half-lurking thing that I do.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat May 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Exactly.

It's the ones you agree with you need to watch out for.

I agree.

And now you don't know what to think!
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

British East Pacific
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby British East Pacific » Sat May 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Lets get real here- Though I'd love to meet most of chu, you'd all hate me x3
If I'm RPing PT, I'll be referring to myself as Bosphoria (Bosporia). If I RP in MT/PMT, I'll refer to myself as East Bosporia-Alania. If I RP in FT, I will be referring to myself as The Coalition of Centrist Confederate States of Bosporia Alania, or CCCSBP.
(~^_^)~~

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:I agree.

And now you don't know what to think!

I know I should keep an eye on you. :p
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 pm

British East Pacific wrote:Lets get real here- Though I'd love to meet most of chu, you'd all hate me x3

Nah.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 pm

British East Pacific wrote:Lets get real here- Though I'd love to meet most of chu, you'd all hate me x3

I definitely would.

/haven'tinteractedwithyet

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat May 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:I know I should keep an eye on you. :p

Honestly... that's a lesson that takes RL people way to long to learn. I lie about anything and everything (just to be a complete douche - not like "real" lies, just, I'm a jackass, and amused) and people believe me well after they should know better. With NSGs constant trolls, I have a feeling most of you would fare a bit better. Plus you guys already know I'm a doctor, and a lawyer.

Mortelatuzia
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mortelatuzia » Sat May 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Does it count as meeting if it was the person who showed you NS?
I should really stop with this whole dying thing.

You deserve to be
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:spaghettified by a black hole.

British East Pacific
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby British East Pacific » Sat May 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:

I definitely would.

Good thing too. I'm... Completely average... Mostly.
If I'm RPing PT, I'll be referring to myself as Bosphoria (Bosporia). If I RP in MT/PMT, I'll refer to myself as East Bosporia-Alania. If I RP in FT, I will be referring to myself as The Coalition of Centrist Confederate States of Bosporia Alania, or CCCSBP.
(~^_^)~~

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat May 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:Honestly... that's a lesson that takes RL people way to long to learn. I lie about anything and everything (just to be a complete douche - not like "real" lies, just, I'm a jackass, and amused) and people believe me well after they should know better. With NSGs constant trolls, I have a feeling most of you would fare a bit better. Plus you guys already know I'm a doctor, and a lawyer.

I lie constantly, but generally about little things. I sometimes don't realize that I'm lying until it's already started coming out of my mouth.

I blame it on the fact that I don't deal well with social situations in general and thus try to overcompensate with 'friendliness' and 'connection with the other party'. :lol:

By the way, if I sue you for malpractice, will you defend yourself in court?

Or is that a conflict of interest?

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat May 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:I know I should keep an eye on you. :p

Honestly... that's a lesson that takes RL people way to long to learn. I lie about anything and everything (just to be a complete douche - not like "real" lies, just, I'm a jackass, and amused) and people believe me well after they should know better. With NSGs constant trolls, I have a feeling most of you would fare a bit better. Plus you guys already know I'm a doctor, and a lawyer.

Don't forget the fact that you're a vampire astronaut too.
British East Pacific wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:
I definitely would.

Good thing too. I'm... Completely average... Mostly.

So are the majority of people. The majority isn't always unlikable...for the most part...sometimes.
Last edited by Licana on Sat May 28, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat May 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Mortelatuzia wrote:Does it count as meeting if it was the person who showed you NS?

No. Knowing someone prior to being on NS isn't really "meeting someone from NSG" if you will.

British East Pacific wrote:Good thing too. I'm... Completely average... Mostly.

I like generally like average people.

Conserative Morality wrote:I lie constantly, but generally about little things. I sometimes don't realize that I'm lying until it's already started coming out of my mouth.

I blame it on the fact that I don't deal well with social situations in general and thus try to overcompensate with 'friendliness' and 'connection with the other party'. :lol:

By the way, if I sue you for malpractice, will you defend yourself in court?

Or is that a conflict of interest?

I lie not really as a "social mechanism"... more because it amuses me. That makes me sound like a complete jackass, but like I said, they tend to be "playful" lies, in which the deception is revealed immediately (or almost immediately) if the lie is bought. For example, if you ask my coworkers how old I am, you'd get answers ranging from 24 (correct) to 35-36(ish). Also, I have more or less kids, depending on who you're asking. Good times.

Licana wrote:Don't forget the fact that you're a vampire astronaut too.

Millionaire Cowboy Astronaut?

And no, I never forget. I've lived with those two conditions for 500 years, I'll never forget that I'm both vampire, and astronaut. ;)
Last edited by Der Teutoniker on Sat May 28, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Sat May 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Would I travel to meet an NSer? Probably not. If I happened to see one on the street would I say hello and maybe stop and have a quick chat? Aye, probably, depending on the NSer. I don't think anyone here knows what I look like, so I don't think that situation would arise, though

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun May 29, 2011 4:44 am

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ewww, Buffy. :lol2:

Ew is how I roll. 8)

Disturbing. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun May 29, 2011 4:45 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:There is a select few here that I would like to meet. Some of the people posting, like Lackey, DI, Buffy (who I'm meeting next month), Sibby, and a few others. The others, well, not really. And I'm sure they don't want to meet me either so it's all well balanced. :D

... Ouch Nana... ouch. :p

I would be willing to meet some of you guys. Probably not the crazy ones (which is everyone here, of course.)

I certainly am in favor of the huge meet-up thing though... then I could still do that half-lurking thing that I do.

Hey, you're in that select few. As for the rest, I was being honest. :D
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun May 29, 2011 5:08 am

Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:Captain Cirrhosis, the antithesis of Captain Planet.

:rofl:

"BEER!"
"VODKA!"
"WHISKEY!"
"WINE!"
"RUM!"

"Go Cirrhosis!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Cirrhosis!"

Captain Cirrhosis, he's our hero
Gonna take sobriety down to zero

He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the alcohol's side

Captain Cirrhosis, he's our hero
Gonna take sobriety down to zero

Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Cirrhosis!"

We're the NSG drunks
You can be one too
'Cause saving our livers is not the thing to do!

Drinking and wining is the way
Hear what Captain Cirrhosis has to say!

"The Drink is Yours!"

I claim the power of Beer. And you have to meet up with me to find out why ;)

Vecherd wrote:Id meet a fellow NSer, Not sure if there are many Norwegians or Swedes here on the forum, so would be pretty hard to arrange. Dont know anybody on NS in RL or even at Facebook or something like that.

I'm going to Scandinavia this summer. Sure, it's Denmark (Aalborg) but I just might add Norway to it because it's still on my visit list.
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Atlantean Menace
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atlantean Menace » Sun May 29, 2011 7:29 am

Depends on who it was. Some of y'all I'd probably get on fine with, some of you guys would probably despise me within five minutes of meeting me.

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Sun May 29, 2011 7:38 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:

I'm going to Scandinavia this summer. Sure, it's Denmark (Aalborg) but I just might add Norway to it because it's still on my visit list.

Its a nice country, but I cant say so much about the cities and people are a bit hostile when they dont know you, they will probably think your mentally retarded if you smile to them on the street.

Going to the Netherlands this summer actually.
Last edited by Vecherd on Sun May 29, 2011 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

Dinner Theatre Actors
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dinner Theatre Actors » Sun May 29, 2011 10:34 am

Vecherd wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Its a nice country, but I cant say so much about the cities and people are a bit hostile when they dont know you, they will probably think your mentally retarded if you smile to them on the street.

Going to the Netherlands this summer actually.

Aalborg - see if they still give tours of the Aquavit distillery. And I found the people really friendly - tell them how much you enjoy Jutland and make fun of Copenhagen and you'll fit right in.
Those who danced were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Sun May 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:I lie not really as a "social mechanism"... more because it amuses me. That makes me sound like a complete jackass, but like I said, they tend to be "playful" lies, in which the deception is revealed immediately (or almost immediately) if the lie is bought. For example, if you ask my coworkers how old I am, you'd get answers ranging from 24 (correct) to 35-36(ish). Also, I have more or less kids, depending on who you're asking. Good times.

Well, I suppose as long as the lies aren't things like "Hey, your infant child just fell into a wheat thresher" or something.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Celestial Divinities
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Celestial Divinities » Sun May 29, 2011 2:02 pm

I'd love to, though I'm sure you wouldn't want to see me.
Boob sisters with WWIIHG!
Vortiaganica was here >.>

I am every mighty mild seventies child

Married to Esty.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun May 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with meeting you.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General