NATION

PASSWORD

Ron Pauls economic solution? A Southern Secessionist.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Zephie wrote:Oh yes it's you, who thinks everyone should get everything for free. If that's the case, no one would have to work. Obviously that would mean no one can get anything because no one would be giving anybody anything.

Nah, it means that she supports stable currency and a functional economy.
Last edited by Wamitoria on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:huh?

where did that come from?

Where do most nonsensical posts come from?

drug abuse?
whatever

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Zephie wrote:Oh yes it's you, who thinks everyone should get everything for free. If that's the case, no one would have to work. Obviously that would mean no one can get anything because no one would be giving anybody anything.

Nah, it means that he supports stable currency and a functional economy.

*coughshecoughs*
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Nah, it means that he supports stable currency and a functional economy.

*coughshecoughs*

fixed

Banold
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Banold » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm

This article is about Congressman Paul's calling of a person before a committee hearing. So what if they guy he raised to speak talks about the South being good and Lincoln being bad? Who cares.

Ron Paul believes in abolishing the IRS and re-instating a gold standard. I support that.

The article bashes Paul for having this crazy guy get up and talk.

So what? Just b/c Paul calls on someone to speak before a committee hearing doesn't mean he backs this guy 100%.

Lincoln was a poor constitutionalist in that he suspended Habeas Corpus. Did he need to or have the right to given the Civil war? Don't know, start another thread about that. As far as I know he would have preserved the Union and won the war w/o crapping all over the Constitution.

Anyway, nowhere does Paul back up this guy or nod in agreement with him.

Ron Paul wants to abolish the IRS and have sound objective money again. Not a Southern Succession.

Debate about his policy positions, not inferences on hearing witnesses called forth...
Moral Compass: Progressive Neoliberal
-1.5 on Moral Order
-6 on Moral Rules
Political Compass: Right Libertarian
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Moral Compass for a Post-Industrial World: (32,-20)
New Progressive
Center for a State-less Society:
3% Economic Rightist | 41% Anarchist | 64% Anti-Militarist | 67% Socio-Cultural Liberal | 60% Civil Libertarian
Political Test: Liberal
Cosmopolitan 6% | Secular 46% | Visonary 4% | Anarchistic 23% | Capitalistic 53% | Pacifist 7% | Anthropocentric 21%

Pronounced like a contraction of the 2 English words: "Ban" + "Old" = Banold

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Where do most nonsensical posts come from?

drug abuse?

And he is not sharing! Get him!
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Wamitoria wrote:

Nah, it means that he supports stable currency and a functional economy.

Oh, that's why so many people are unemployed. Got it.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Banold wrote:Ron Paul believes in abolishing the IRS and re-instating a gold standard. I support that.

Why do you hate our economy?

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Meryuma wrote:His views on the South have no connection with his economic views, so this amounts to an ad hominem. I mean, criticisms can be easily made of Ron Paul, but this is a really bad one.

oh for sure

the poor thing. its hard to find an "expert" who wants to disband the fed and go back on the gold standard. he has to take what he can find.

If by "expert" you mean "neoclassical economist", you're probably right. I haven't looked into DiLorenzo much, but let's not dismiss people out of hand, OK?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Banold wrote:This article is about Congressman Paul's calling of a person before a committee hearing. So what if they guy he raised to speak talks about the South being good and Lincoln being bad? Who cares.

Ron Paul believes in abolishing the IRS and re-instating a gold standard. I support that.

So what? Just b/c Paul calls on someone to speak before a committee hearing doesn't mean he backs this guy 100%.

Lincoln was a poor constitutionalist in that he suspended Habeas Corpus. Did he need to or have the right to given the Civil war? Don't know, start another thread about that. As far as I know he would have preserved the Union and won the war w/o crapping all over the Constitution.

Ron Paul wants to abolish the IRS and have sound objective money again. Not a Southern Succession.

Debate about his policy positions, not inferences on hearing witnesses called forth...

I agree with the abolishing of the IRS, the gold standard I'm iffy about as I don't fully understand economics.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Zephie wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Nah, it means that he supports stable currency and a functional economy.

Oh, that's why so many people are unemployed. Got it.

Obviously, fiat currency is to blame for the current job market. Obviously.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Banold wrote:This article is about Congressman Paul's calling of a person before a committee hearing. So what if they guy he raised to speak talks about the South being good and Lincoln being bad? Who cares.

well its more usual to bring non crazy people to congressional hearing to discuss the fed. if paul didnt want stupid things like the gold standard he could have found dozens of excellent economists to testify without having them laughed at by the other committee members.
whatever

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Banold wrote:

People that support the system that puts them in jail if they don't pay their ridiculous amount of taxes and steals money from them on the regular basis in the form of inflation have a serious case of stockholm syndrome in my opinion.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 pm

So what exactly does the quack witness have to do with monetary policy ?

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Zephie wrote:People that support the system that puts them in jail if they don't pay their ridiculous amount of taxes and steals money from them on the regular basis in the form of inflation have a serious case of stockholm syndrome in my opinion.

Or they don't mind paying a third of their income for services that they use on a daily basis.

Banold
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Banold » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Because our money is fake. The economy is full of regulation, subsidies, manipulated markets, fractional reserve banking fraud, and taxes.

I hate all these things.
Moral Compass: Progressive Neoliberal
-1.5 on Moral Order
-6 on Moral Rules
Political Compass: Right Libertarian
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Moral Compass for a Post-Industrial World: (32,-20)
New Progressive
Center for a State-less Society:
3% Economic Rightist | 41% Anarchist | 64% Anti-Militarist | 67% Socio-Cultural Liberal | 60% Civil Libertarian
Political Test: Liberal
Cosmopolitan 6% | Secular 46% | Visonary 4% | Anarchistic 23% | Capitalistic 53% | Pacifist 7% | Anthropocentric 21%

Pronounced like a contraction of the 2 English words: "Ban" + "Old" = Banold

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:oh for sure

the poor thing. its hard to find an "expert" who wants to disband the fed and go back on the gold standard. he has to take what he can find.

If by "expert" you mean "neoclassical economist", you're probably right. I haven't looked into DiLorenzo much, but let's not dismiss people out of hand, OK?

cant help it. it goes to show how hard it is to find credentialed economists who agree with dr paul.
whatever

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Banold wrote:

Because our money is fake. The economy is full of regulation, subsidies, manipulated markets, fractional reserve banking fraud, and taxes.

I hate all these things.

So, you admit that you hate money?

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Banold wrote:

I hate all these things.

Pretty much. Saying a piece of paper is worth 10 dollars doesn't make it 10 dollars.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
Banold wrote:

I hate all these things.

Pretty much. Saying a piece of paper is worth 10 dollars doesn't make it 10 dollars.

Yes, it does.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Banold wrote:

I hate all these things.

Damn regulations! How dare the government set standards for safe food, drugs and work environments.......

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:38 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:Pretty much. Saying a piece of paper is worth 10 dollars doesn't make it 10 dollars.

Yes, it does.

What happens when you come across a person who says that the paper is 2 dollars?

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Zephie wrote:People that support the system that puts them in jail if they don't pay their ridiculous amount of taxes and steals money from them on the regular basis in the form of inflation have a serious case of stockholm syndrome in my opinion.

Or they don't mind paying a third of their income for wars that they never wanted.

Fixed

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Yes, it does.

What happens when you come across a person who says that the paper is 2 dollars?

You sick the secret service on them.

Seriously, 10 American dollars printed by the US gov't will always be 10 American dollars.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:What happens when you come across a person who says that the paper is 2 dollars?

You sick the secret service on them.

Seriously, 10 American dollars printed by the US gov't will always be 10 American dollars.

The U.S government doesn't print U.S dollars.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General