NATION

PASSWORD

Ron Pauls economic solution? A Southern Secessionist.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Ron Pauls economic solution? A Southern Secessionist.

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Much as I like to ignore the little troglodyte.

This made me go :blink:

So what exactly does having that quack DiLorenzo as a witness have to do with Monetary policy?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 05879.html
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Rolamec
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Good, another reason to dislike Ron Paul.
Rolamec of New Earth
A Proud and Progressive Republican.
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Ron Paul honestly is too old to even know what he's talking about anymore.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Much as I like to ignore the little troglodyte.

So what exactly does having that quack DiLorenzo as a witness have to do with Monetary policy?

I expected foolishness from Dr. Paul but this goes beyond my wildest expectations. :lol:
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Wamitoria wrote:Ron Paul honestly is too old to even know what he's talking about anymore.

This falls in my GeneralPlan Sud. See the idea is slaughter old people and turn them into protein shakes. No more Ron Paul and healthier citizenry. Win-Win for America.
Last edited by Panzerjaeger on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Dear Ron Paul:
Thank you for the concerted effort to convince me to never agree with you, but I wish to assure you that you had already succeed, though this does make it more convincing.
Sincerely,
Takaram

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 pm

It really is a disgrace. On all levels.

I don't think that anyone can seriously say that the FED, FDIC, SEC, and so forth have been doing their job and aren't in need of serious reform. And yet this is the Congressional response - clown car hearings. Utterly pathetic.

(Also, all these retarded debates about Austrians v. Monetarists etc. None of that means anything considering the general corruption. I'm sure it's all very interesting in a classroom, but it has no applicability IRL).
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:46 pm

His views on the South have no connection with his economic views, so this amounts to an ad hominem. I mean, criticisms can be easily made of Ron Paul, but this is a really bad one.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Korintar
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:58 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Much as I like to ignore the little troglodyte.

My attitudes towards secessionists? Well, if there are enough of them that want to leave the Union, let them. However, they had better be prepared for the consequences of such a decision, which, if they think through things, they would soon discover to be far more dangerous than staying in the Union or the risk of invasion, which should be nil if the secessionists don't commit aggressive acts in the process of seceeding.
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
Jolt Veteran. (-6.00,-.31), (-7.25,1.08) (economic, social)
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
'Space Mussolini! Go, go, go!'- TSS @ GWO
Reppy's PG opinion of Jolt
The Gidgetisms: Go no fuck? The Parkus Empire: As in, go, go Gadget no fuck.
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Meryuma wrote:His views on the South have no connection with his economic views, so this amounts to an ad hominem. I mean, criticisms can be easily made of Ron Paul, but this is a really bad one.

oh for sure

the poor thing. its hard to find an "expert" who wants to disband the fed and go back on the gold standard. he has to take what he can find.
whatever

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:03 pm

And it seems the South will rise again!
But unfortunately in the hands of neo-confederates, who are just as pathetic as neo-nazis. Old Rob would scoff at them.

On the topic of Ron Paul, what does he think he is doing? You think being in politics that long would teach you to avoid revealing your goals.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 pm

I'd like to see everyone here denouncing Ron Paul to come up with a better solution to how America should work.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Zephie wrote:I'd like to see everyone here denouncing Ron Paul to come up with a better solution to how America should work.

Are you saying he's right? Because honestly, I'd rather not change a thing than go with what Ron Paul is saying. If his argument was the only one available, I would still dismiss it because of it's flaws.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Takaram wrote:
Zephie wrote:I'd like to see everyone here denouncing Ron Paul to come up with a better solution to how America should work.

Are you saying he's right? Because honestly, I'd rather not change a thing than go with what Ron Paul is saying. If his argument was the only one available, I would still dismiss it because of it's flaws.

90% of the time no one here even reads what the man has to say, they just like to hate on him because the television said so.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm

So Secession is the best way? :blink:
What about cutting Social Security back and limiting the power of the Teacher's Unions?
Under New Management since 8/9/12

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Zephie wrote:
Takaram wrote:

90% of the time no one here even reads what the man has to say, they just like to hate on him because the television said so.

Ergo all arguments against him are wrong? No. I disagree with his plan to attach the dollar to a gold standard because gold is even more volatile than the dollar is right now, and the gold standard didn't stop the Great Depression or any number of earlier recessions.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Zephie wrote:
Takaram wrote:

Ok? So what exactly does that quack have to do with monetary policy?
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Takaram wrote:
Zephie wrote:90% of the time no one here even reads what the man has to say, they just like to hate on him because the television said so.

Ergo all arguments against him are wrong? No. I disagree with his plan to attach the dollar to a gold standard because gold is even more volatile than the dollar is right now, and the gold standard didn't stop the Great Depression or any number of earlier recessions.

I seem to recall that Paul has invested heavily in Gold so you can understand why he is pushing it.......

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Sure.

It should be a strong, centralized, militaristic authoritarian republic while having a national police force to enforce law and order, and keeping our current monetary policies that have worked while reforming the ones that don't, rather than destroying all of it.
Last edited by Wamitoria on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 pm

ok

keep the fed and fiat money.

way better solution.
whatever

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Ashmoria wrote:

ok

way better solution.

Oh yes it's you, who thinks everyone should get everything for free. If that's the case, no one would have to work. Obviously that would mean no one can get anything because no one would be giving anybody anything.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Zephie wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
ok

way better solution.

Oh yes it's you, who thinks everyone should get everything for free. If that's the case, no one would have to work. Obviously that would mean no one can get anything because no one would be giving anybody anything.

huh?

where did that come from?
whatever

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Zephie wrote:Oh yes it's you, who thinks everyone should get everything for free. If that's the case, no one would have to work. Obviously that would mean no one can get anything because no one would be giving anybody anything.

huh?

where did that come from?

Where do most nonsensical posts come from?

Rokartian States
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rokartian States » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Zephie wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
ok

way better solution.

What does that have to do with Ash's post?
Note: My nation does not necessarily represent my true political views.

Southern United Africa wrote:Say "pray" over and over in quick succession. I dare you.

Jobbla wrote:hey dude my bitch is a mod on this site shes gonna punish you for squealing on me!

Norstal wrote:That is egotistical on so many level. Its like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, except theres one 1 degree and its your ego.

Sozut wrote:IT IS DEFINITELY BIRDS!

Sibirsky wrote:The truth is, you ideology has failed, will continue to fail, and is made of fail.

Embrihated Koalas wrote:SO THEIR BALLS ARE INERT

Cnetral america wrote:you have int got the flu soooo long it cagt you up
:geek:

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

me me me!

Move everybody back to their heritage countries and give the land back to the aboriginal people........

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General