NATION

PASSWORD

Spanking Your Wife / Spousal Abuse

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you believe?

Yes, it's okay.
25%
No, it's no okay.
75%

Total votes : 142

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Ashmoria wrote:extremely.

I honestly couldn't think of ever hitting someone who worked for me, no matter their race or their transgression. Hell, I wouldn't even hit an animal...
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Fascinating. If this is true I have some honeymoon locations to think over. :lol:

Here in AR, legally, a man can hit his wife, as long as it was done at the town square and no more than once a month. I'm sure this is a throwback from the 40s and I hope the law is revised because, frankly, it's sad and ridiculous at the same time.

What the hell. As much as I want to make a joke that is pretty fucked up. At least the South hasn't failed me yet again! Huzzah for the Confederacy! Huzzah for General Lee!
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Here in AR, legally, a man can hit his wife, as long as it was done at the town square and no more than once a month. I'm sure this is a throwback from the 40s and I hope the law is revised because, frankly, it's sad and ridiculous at the same time.

What the hell. As much as I want to make a joke that is pretty fucked up. At least the South hasn't failed me yet again! Huzzah for the Confederacy! Huzzah for General Lee!

And? .... what a big deal...
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

It is extremely fucked up, yes. When I was told by one my friends here, I thought she was messing up with me. Apparently, she wasn't.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Arkansas has brown recluse spiders. Fuck that.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Cosmopoles
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopoles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Central Slavia wrote:Laws like this are just silliness... Abuse is one thing, and should be persecuted , but spanking and minor such things are nothing that the law should poke its nose into - it's normal for people who live together for extended time periods to get pissed enough at each other.
Besides, a lot of people deserves a slap quite often, especially during arguments.

So if some stranger just rolled up to you in the street, bent you over his knee and gave you a spanking you wouldn't take issue wit that? Or is it only your relatives that are allowed to give you a spanking?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:What the hell. As much as I want to make a joke that is pretty fucked up. At least the South hasn't failed me yet again! Huzzah for the Confederacy! Huzzah for General Lee!

And? .... what a big deal...

You don't think that a man who can legally hit his wife, once a month, is not a big deal?
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

The Pope States
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pope States » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Spanking your wife is inhumain to what i believe

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Central Slavia wrote:Laws like this are just silliness... Abuse is one thing, and should be persecuted , but spanking and minor such things are nothing that the law should poke its nose into - it's normal for people who live together for extended time periods to get pissed enough at each other.
Besides, a lot of people deserves a slap quite often, especially during arguments.

Hitting someone during an argument is not a good excuse to hit them.

I mean, I'll lightly smack my bf on the ass sometimes, but it's playful (and usually he'll return this) and we're both fine with this. If he decided to hit me out of anger that would pretty much be the end of it. If I hit him in anger I suspect it would be about the same. As it should be.

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

I don't believe hitting one's wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/fiancé(e) is justified in any case, except self-defence.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

yeah

in truth there is probably no need for the wife to do anything more than divorce the husband who spanked her. sure she COULD get him arrested but that seems petty unless she was injured enough to go to the hospital.
whatever

Meikoland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meikoland » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

My partner seems to enjoy spanking when she wants it. Beyond that, it's not ok. I wouldn't want her to spank me for "getting out of line" so I don't see the point in doing the same to her. We have a partnership
Pronounciation: My-coal-land. Demonym: Meik or Tao
Economic: 6.57 (right)
Social: 7.09 (libertarian)
Foreign Policy: -5.17 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture War: -4.11(Leftist)
Panasian tendencies
Influences: Japan, German, Switzerland, America
Tech: Post-modern (Between now and Mass Effect)
Spec-ops: [name: Classified] but we can assure you there are ninjas in your government working for us

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Ashmoria wrote:

yeah

in truth there is probably no need for the wife to do anything more than divorce the husband who spanked her. sure she COULD get him arrested but that seems petty unless she was injured enough to go to the hospital.

Divorce is better, Ash. She can take every single penny he has. Living well is by far the much better revenge.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:extremely.

I honestly couldn't think of ever hitting someone who worked for me, no matter their race or their transgression. Hell, I wouldn't even hit an animal...

well yeah it would be such a loss of control. after all you can just fire him and that is punishment enough.

but i dont understand that urge to violence anyway.
whatever

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:yeah

Divorce is better, Ash. She can take every single penny he has. Living well is by far the much better revenge.

aye.

although there are times when jail is the better alternative its better to just end it and move on.
whatever

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:yeah

aye.

although there are times when jail is the better alternative its better to just end it and move on.
whatever

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Meikoland wrote:My partner seems to enjoy spanking when she wants it. Beyond that, it's not ok. I wouldn't want her to spank me for "getting out of line" so I don't see the point in doing the same to her. We have a partnership

:hug: We sure do baby. :)
The Proclaimed Psycho on NSG
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

I'm politically syncretic so stop asking. :)
My political and social missions

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Spanking Your Wife / Spousal Abuse

Postby Alien Space Bats » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Dakini wrote:
Neo Art wrote:How about we get rid of this nonsensical bullshit and just say that it's illegal for one adult to strike another adult outside of self-defense without the consent of the other, and leave it at that?

Aren't there still states in the US where it's legally impossible to rape your spouse (since obviously, your spouse must always put out when you want sex)?

Not as far as I know.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Spanking Your Wife / Spousal Abuse

Postby Alien Space Bats » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Fascinating. If this is true I have some honeymoon locations to think over. :lol:

Can he still do it if they're siblings?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Can he still do it if they're siblings?

Doubly entitled to? :p

Putting the joke aside, I don't know much about this law, tbh. I was told this by a friend and then sourced it. I live in a weird state, where oral sex is considered sodomy.
Slava Ukraini

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Alien Space Bats wrote:Can he still do it if they're siblings?

Putting the joke aside, I don't know much about this law, tbh. I was told this by a friend and then sourced it. I live in a weird state, where oral sex is considered sodomy.

That is backwards, and I thought Texas was bad... :blink:
The Proclaimed Psycho on NSG
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

I'm politically syncretic so stop asking. :)
My political and social missions

Innsmothe
Senator

Founded: Sep 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Innsmothe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:44 pm

As you are made contractually equal, I find this slightly abhorrent.
ان الذي فشل لقتلي فقط يجعلني غريب
"an aledy feshel leqtely feqt yej'eleny gheryeb"
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Cosmopoles wrote:

So if some stranger just rolled up to you in the street, bent you over his knee and gave you a spanking you wouldn't take issue wit that? Or is it only your relatives that are allowed to give you a spanking?

I'd obviously defend myself and tie his balls around his neck.
but yes, between relatives it is different - i mean, sometimes people do slap each other in families, it's normal.
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Dakini wrote:Aren't there still states in the US where it's legally impossible to rape your spouse (since obviously, your spouse must always put out when you want sex)?

Not as far as I know.

Ah right, it's just regarded as a lesser charge in a number of states.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:44 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

That is backwards, and I thought Texas was bad... :blink:

I'm sure this is just an obsolete law. But it seemed fitting to quote it here.
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General