NATION

PASSWORD

Sexist Anglican Bishops convert to Catholicism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23085
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Bottle wrote:
Dakini wrote:Which is sexist.

It's interesting to me that "he" now deserves caps lock.

Well, it's obviously very important to emphasize the gender of the being who has dictated these sexist commandments. ;)

I'm surprised the bold and underline commands haven't been used yet on this holiest of holy words.

User avatar
Lenyo
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7630
Founded: May 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenyo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Ex-Anglican bishops ordained as Catholics

Three former Anglican bishops, unhappy with the ordination of women, have been ordained as Roman Catholic priests at Westminster Cathedral.

Their ordination signals the inauguration of a special section of the Catholic Church for such Anglicans.

Keith Newton, Andrew Burnham and John Broadhurst will take up roles in the section known as the Ordinariate.
Father Newton has been chosen as leader of what is to be known as the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham.

The BBC's religious affairs correspondent Robert Pigott said this was a reference to a shrine in Norfolk, which is visited by both Anglicans and Catholics.

Other traditionalist Anglican clergy have spoken of their sadness and anger about the bishops' conversion.

Father Burnham, former bishop of Ebbsfleet, along with fellow "flying bishops" Father Newton - ex-bishop of Richborough - and Father Broadhurst - ex-bishop of Fulham - had all formerly supervised Church of England parishes that had opted out of contact with women priests.

Father Newton has estimated that about 50 more Anglican clergy might join the Roman Catholic church in the coming months - along with members of their congregations.

The Most Rev Vincent Nichols, leader of Catholics in England and Wales, carried out the ordination ceremony.

He acknowledged that the path the three had taken had involved "some sad parting of friends".

He also said the process of joining had involved "painful misunderstandings, conflict and uncertainty".

He added: "Many ordinations have taken place in this cathedral during the 100 years of its history. But none quite like this."

Archbishop Nichols said this latest ordination ceremony was "a unique occasion marking a new step in the life and history of the Catholic Church".

Like some other traditionalist clergy on the Catholic wing of the Church of England, the three former Anglican bishops opposed the introduction of women bishops, and do not believe sufficient provision was being made for traditionalists to avoid coming under the jurisdiction of women.

The Vatican will allow them to maintain a distinct religious identity and spiritual heritage within the Ordinariate.

'Basic principle'

Other Anglican traditionalists have warned that the bishops' departure will jeopardise the future of the Church of England as a broad Church able to balance its Protestant and Catholic traditions.

The former Bishop of Ballarat in Australia, the Right Reverend David Silk, has previously announced that he will also be joining the Roman Catholic Church.

Referring to Saturday's ceremony, he said: "The truth is the Church of England has decided to take its cue from the society it lives in, instead of its cue from Christ and carry the gospel that he preached to them - as we would see it.

"So, it may have to serve the whole community, but it doesn't have to tell the community what everybody wants to hear. Sometimes you've got to stick out for a basic principle and say, well, I'm sorry, that's the truth as I see it."

A spokesman from the Church of England declined to comment specifically on Saturday's ordinations but said the Church "wished anyone well who is on a journey of faith, as all of us are".

When asked if the new Ordinariate could result in large numbers of Anglican clergy and parishioners switching, he said: "The truth is, we just don't know how large those figures will be, or how small they will be.

"We have no indication they will be significant, but clearly we will be watching very closely to see."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12197985
I'm actually kind of amused at this. In a fit of sexist terror("Women might be in charge of men? OH NOES!") three Anglican bishops have switched teams. Pope Benedict is more than happy to have them, creating a special 'parish' for them. I don't think it's mentioned in the Beeb article above, but I think SkyNews said that these bishops are married, a strict no-no for Catholic priests.

Someone put on the popcorn, this should be fun to watch.

Actually, Catholic priests may be married, as long as the marriage occurred before ordination.
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular
representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.

Lenin, State and Revolution (1917)

User avatar
Terraius
Minister
 
Posts: 3073
Founded: Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 pm

So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

Again. Men and Women are not IDENTICAL and fill different roles in public and private life. Being a priest in the Church means you are a pastor (ie Latin for Father) and shepard to the church community. And its not like Women are barred from all service in the church. They simply cannot be apart of the clergy. Theres many more holy orders and associations they can belong to.
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.
Lupelia wrote:Terraius: best Byzantine nation for weather.
Yeah I really like planet consuming Warp storms myself.




A Nationstates-II FT Roleplay

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Bottle wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Doesn't matter how much he loves them, that's sexist. Just like the 1950's husband who loves his wife but demands she stay home and cook.

Indeed. This is another issue that needs to be addressed. A lot of people seem to think that it's impossible to be sexist while also loving women. It's not. Not even remotely.

"We just know they're children incapable of acting like an adult--like a man, and thus shouldn't be voting or driving. But we love our children!"
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
EnragedMaldivians
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8451
Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby EnragedMaldivians » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Bottle wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Doesn't matter how much he loves them, that's sexist. Just like the 1950's husband who loves his wife but demands she stay home and cook.

Indeed. This is another issue that needs to be addressed. A lot of people seem to think that it's impossible to be sexist while also loving women. It's not. Not even remotely.


Yep. Again, many people in the Maldives think that loving a woman should be like loving a cat. Provide for it, take care of it, don't let it go outside (it would be too dangerous) while never having to think of the creature as equal.
Taking a break.

User avatar
Terraius
Minister
 
Posts: 3073
Founded: Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Unchecked Expansion wrote:
Terraius wrote:To be a priest in the Catholic church is to be married to the Church. The Church is always personified as 'Our Lady' or 'She' in a female sense. Besides, priests have always been males. Doesnt mean its sexist. Men and women are EQUAL, not IDENTICAL. Males fill some roles females dont in certain vocations.

Allow same-sex marriage, 2 problems solved with one stone


That has nothing to do with female ordination.
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.
Lupelia wrote:Terraius: best Byzantine nation for weather.
Yeah I really like planet consuming Warp storms myself.




A Nationstates-II FT Roleplay

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Terraius wrote:So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."


Most people here wouldn't engage a burglar in a fight unless they had no choice.

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

Oh, but you'd let a man fight alone?
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Lenyo
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7630
Founded: May 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenyo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Terraius wrote:So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

Again. Men and Women are not IDENTICAL and fill different roles in public and private life. Being a priest in the Church means you are a pastor (ie Latin for Father) and shepard to the church community. And its not like Women are barred from all service in the church. They simply cannot be apart of the clergy. Theres many more holy orders and associations they can belong to.

As a Catholic, I would disagree. In my opinion a woman can perform ecclesiastical duties as well as a man, in the same way a woman can shoot a burglar as well as a man.
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular
representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.

Lenin, State and Revolution (1917)

User avatar
The Norwegian Blue
Minister
 
Posts: 2529
Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Bottle wrote:I think this is a great idea. All the assholes of the world's religions should convert to Catholicism, so we can have all the assholes in one place. Easier to avoid them that way.


I wish they'd found their own religion instead, though. They could even call it Assholism or something. It'd be much more straightforward.
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

User avatar
Terraius
Minister
 
Posts: 3073
Founded: Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:09 pm

And newsflash: Membership and attendance to the Catholic Church is not mandatory, women arnt whipped and beaten if they dont come to Church. Plenty of women are Catholic, and women will continue to be Catholic because they dont get butthurt and conspiracy-ed out because they dont share some roles with men.

So in short, you arnt forced to be Catholic, so deal with it.
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.
Lupelia wrote:Terraius: best Byzantine nation for weather.
Yeah I really like planet consuming Warp storms myself.




A Nationstates-II FT Roleplay

User avatar
Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23085
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Terraius wrote:So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

Again. Men and Women are not IDENTICAL and fill different roles in public and private life. Being a priest in the Church means you are a pastor (ie Latin for Father) and shepard to the church community. And its not like Women are barred from all service in the church. They simply cannot be apart of the clergy. Theres many more holy orders and associations they can belong to.

Umm... I think that if someone breaks into my house (and let's imagine I live with my bf so there's at least a man there), we call the police quietly in another room and then hide in the closet.

Also, you haven't made any sensible arguments about why women shouldn't be the ones to fight off burglars nor why women do not make good priestesses.
Last edited by Dakini on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5599
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Terraius wrote:When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

I might. Because I've trained with women at various sports and martial arts and know that most men who say that women are weak and must be protected are probably just as incapable of protecting themselves.
I'd ask them to back me up, because numbers are always an advantage.
Choose a better example next time

User avatar
Saint Clair Island
Minister
 
Posts: 3233
Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Arborlawn wrote:
Dakini wrote:No, I don't have a god. I went looking for one at some point and it was nowhere to be found. This god was definitely not there when I was ready to come to it.

But then there are studies which show that when it comes to religiosity, some people have it and others don't. I'm not sure why any god would be so perverse to build people who aren't built to be religious.


HE doesn't make people purposefully sinful. You haven't looked hard enough. But I don't think that it is looking that is your faith. I believe that you see HIM, you just refuse to follow HIM. You have the ability to follow HIM always. You just have to pick your feet up no matter how many you fall down.

Exactly, I mean come on, there's even evidence of His existence out there for anyone to hear, and yet people remain blind. Truly their suffering shall be long when He arises once more from His stone house at R'lyeh to bring the universe under His dominion.

Terraius wrote:When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

I find this amusing for a variety of reasons.
Signatures are for losers.

User avatar
Lenyo
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7630
Founded: May 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenyo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Terraius wrote:
Unchecked Expansion wrote:Allow same-sex marriage, 2 problems solved with one stone


That has nothing to do with female ordination.

UE is either attempting to annoy you or simply forgot to read your post before responding.
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular
representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.

Lenin, State and Revolution (1917)

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Terraius wrote:And newsflash: Membership and attendance to the Catholic Church is not mandatory, women arnt whipped and beaten if they dont come to Church. Plenty of women are Catholic, and women will continue to be Catholic because they dont get butthurt and conspiracy-ed out because they dont share some roles with men.

So in short, you arnt forced to be Catholic, so deal with it.

Children are.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Bottle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14985
Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Terraius wrote:So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

The female chief of police who lives across the street from me thinks you are ADORABLE.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

User avatar
Terraius
Minister
 
Posts: 3073
Founded: Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Terraius wrote:So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."


Most people here wouldn't engage a burglar in a fight unless they had no choice.

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

Oh, but you'd let a man fight alone?


Your moving the goalposts and turning it into another argument. Not responding.

Lenyo wrote:
Terraius wrote:So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

Again. Men and Women are not IDENTICAL and fill different roles in public and private life. Being a priest in the Church means you are a pastor (ie Latin for Father) and shepard to the church community. And its not like Women are barred from all service in the church. They simply cannot be apart of the clergy. Theres many more holy orders and associations they can belong to.

As a Catholic, I would disagree. In my opinion a woman can perform ecclesiastical duties as well as a man, in the same way a woman can shoot a burglar as well as a man.


The majority of women in the States are not well versed in combat or firearms, but that is besides the point as your just moving the goalposts as well and trying to argue the technicality of a metaphorical statement which has nothing to do with the point, so again, not responding.
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.
Lupelia wrote:Terraius: best Byzantine nation for weather.
Yeah I really like planet consuming Warp storms myself.




A Nationstates-II FT Roleplay

User avatar
Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5599
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Terraius wrote:
Unchecked Expansion wrote:Allow same-sex marriage, 2 problems solved with one stone


That has nothing to do with female ordination.

You brought up the whole 'priests marry the FEMALE church' with implications of 'so women can't be priests because that's two women marrying'. It's your point you just called irrelevant

User avatar
Arborlawn
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1981
Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Dakini wrote:
Arborlawn wrote:
HE doesn't make people purposefully sinful. You haven't looked hard enough. But I don't think that it is looking that is your faith. I believe that you see HIM, you just refuse to follow HIM. You have the ability to follow HIM always. You just have to pick your feet up no matter how many you fall down.

Uh, no. Don't act like you know me, don't act like you know anything about what spiritual journey I've taken through my life, don't act like you "know" that I haven't tried to believe in your god. I went looking for your god, I went looking for "him" for a long time. I dealt with people telling me I wasn't looking hard enough, I dealt with the guilt associated with not finding "him" and spent years thinking there was something wrong with me. I opened my heart to your god and got no answer. I read the Bible, I prayed hard, I meditated and nothing happened. There was no spiritual fulfillment, only the feelings of failure and the associated guilt that came with this failure.

Then, one time I was reading the Bible and came to the conclusion that this isn't the sort of god I'd want to worship: this sexist, racist, genocidal maniac was not for me. Never in my life have I felt so much relief. Never in my life has my self-esteem improved so quickly.

So don't you dare tell me what I have done, haven't done, need to do, refuse to do etc. You don't know the first thing about me.


I know you are an egalitarian. That's a start.
An eye for an eye and the whole world's blind. That's why you take both eyes and run.

Economically: Left / Right: -10
Socially Libertarian / Authoritarian: -7


User avatar
Bottle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14985
Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Dakini wrote:
Terraius wrote:So much idiocracy.

Ok, sexist conspiracy. Im going to further demonstrate my point that Men and Women are equal but not identical and have some roles that others do not have.

When a burglar breaks into your house, do you say, "Im going to let my mother/wife/daughter/sister fight the burglar because I respect her rights as a woman."

No, thats fucking RETARDED. Any male that has that mentality is sick and deluded. You wouldnt expect a female to defend herself from male burglars who could more easily overpower and hurt them.

Again. Men and Women are not IDENTICAL and fill different roles in public and private life. Being a priest in the Church means you are a pastor (ie Latin for Father) and shepard to the church community. And its not like Women are barred from all service in the church. They simply cannot be apart of the clergy. Theres many more holy orders and associations they can belong to.

Umm... I think that if someone breaks into my house (and let's imagine I live with my bf so there's at least a man there), we call the police quietly in another room and then hide in the closet.

Also, you haven't made any sensible arguments about why women shouldn't be the ones to fight off burglars nor why women do not make good priestesses.

I, too, am interested to hear about which denomination of Christianity requires hand-to-hand combat as part of the ordination process.

I'd totally go to those services.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

User avatar
Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5599
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Lenyo wrote:
Terraius wrote:
That has nothing to do with female ordination.

UE is either attempting to annoy you or simply forgot to read your post before responding.

No, it was the asinine 'priesthood is like marriage, so women CAN'T POSSIBLY DO IT' I was mocking. It's a dumb point

User avatar
Terraius
Minister
 
Posts: 3073
Founded: Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Unchecked Expansion wrote:
Lenyo wrote:UE is either attempting to annoy you or simply forgot to read your post before responding.

No, it was the asinine 'priesthood is like marriage, so women CAN'T POSSIBLY DO IT' I was mocking. It's a dumb point


Then dont become a Catholic, problem solved.
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.
Lupelia wrote:Terraius: best Byzantine nation for weather.
Yeah I really like planet consuming Warp storms myself.




A Nationstates-II FT Roleplay

User avatar
Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23085
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Terraius wrote:The majority of women in the States are not well versed in combat or firearms, but that is besides the point as your just moving the goalposts as well and trying to argue the technicality of a metaphorical statement which has nothing to do with the point, so again, not responding.

Nor are the majority of men.

I think that calling the police for backup and then having a two against one fight against someone who has broken into your house would better the odds. Especially if it's two with baseball bats against one.

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Terraius wrote:Your moving the goalposts and turning it into another argument. Not responding.


Not really. You're saying any decent man would defend his daughter/sister/wife/mother if she were attacked. Wouldn't he also defend his son//brother/husband/father? So I fail to see your point.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Lenyo
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7630
Founded: May 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenyo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Terraius wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:
Most people here wouldn't engage a burglar in a fight unless they had no choice.


Oh, but you'd let a man fight alone?


Your moving the goalposts and turning it into another argument. Not responding.

Lenyo wrote:As a Catholic, I would disagree. In my opinion a woman can perform ecclesiastical duties as well as a man, in the same way a woman can shoot a burglar as well as a man.


The majority of women in the States are not well versed in combat or firearms, but that is besides the point as your just moving the goalposts as well and trying to argue the technicality of a metaphorical statement which has nothing to do with the point, so again, not responding.

I'm not trying to harass you. I simply disagree with your theology and believe your analogy is illogical.
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular
representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.

Lenin, State and Revolution (1917)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Countesia, Eahland, Emotional Support Crocodile, Glorious Freedonia, Immoren, Ineva, Jibjibistan, Kannap, Nordengrund, Statesburg, Tarsonis, Turenia, Valrifall

Advertisement

Remove ads