NATION

PASSWORD

West African Immigrant Children Gang-Rape 8 Year Old Girl

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Steel Butterfly
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

West African Immigrant Children Gang-Rape 8 Year Old Girl

Postby Steel Butterfly » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/22/ari ... index.html

(CNN) -- Four boys ages 9 to 14 have been charged with sexual assaulting an 8-year old girl, police in Phoenix, Arizona, said Wednesday.

The girl was lured into a vacant storage shed by the suspects, who offered her chewing gum, police said at a news conference.

The girl was restrained while the boys -- ages 9, 10, 13 and 14 -- sexually assaulted her, police said of the July 16 incident.

All the suspects except for the 14-year-old live in the same apartment complex, according to Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill. The 14-year-old has been charged as an adult, Hill said.

Detectives said the girl was placed in the custody of Phoenix child protective services after the attack because of her parents' attitude toward her.

The girl and the boys charged are all from families that have come to the United States from the West African nation of Liberia, police said.

What in the fuck? I was pumped about kissing a girl at that age.
Founded: March 12th, 2003

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Re: West African Immigrant Children Gang-Rape 8 Year Old Girl

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Detectives said the girl was placed in the custody of Phoenix child protective services after the attack because of her parents' attitude toward her.

This disturbs me at least as much as the rape itself.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

This disturbs me at least as much as the rape itself.

Me too.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Cats Keep
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cats Keep » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Sadly for the vast majority of sub saharan africa - even including the supposedly advanced nation of South Africa, rape has become endemic, epidemic and almost unremarked on.

And now they are bring it with them.

Not that it wasn't already here. Women are not as valued there and it shows in the cultures - women are not as valued, are not considered equal.
Last edited by Cats Keep on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ecotourists will be shot. Enviromentalists will be fed to the wildlife."

Self-reliant, each loner swims alone through the social world—a world of teams, troops & groups—which scorns & misunderstands those who stand apart. Loners know better than anyone how to entertain themselves—and how to contemplate and to create. They have a knack for imagination, concentration, inner discipline, & invention—a talent for not being bored." That's me!

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinvans » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Great, the shit is so fucked up you cannot even make a sarcastic remark about it.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surote » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:10 pm

This is why we need to put more counseling out and free

Pevisopolis
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Pevisopolis » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Oh my, this is going to do wonders for American xenophobia.
Jesus God almighty man, look at that lot over there! They've spotted us!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Ugh. This shocks and sickens me...
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Jahka
Attaché

Founded: Apr 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahka » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 pm

A fucking 9 year old? Damn...

The West Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The West Republic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:18 pm

*Hurl*

tsk tsk tsk.

Cats Keep
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cats Keep » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Google it, and the links are endless

Rape, including child rape, is increasing at shocking rates in South Africa. Sexual violence against children, including the raping of infants, has increased 400% over the past decade (Dempster, 2002). According to a report by BBC news, a female born in South Africa has a greater chance of being raped in her lifetime than learning how to read (Dempster, 2002). When South Africa became a democracy in 1994, there were already 18,801 cases of rape per year, but by 2001 there were 24,892 (Dempster, 2002)

this is articlenearly eight years old- but it is still shocking.

One in four men in South Africa admitted to raping someone and many confessed to attacking multiple victims, according to a new study conducted by the Medical Research Council and reported by the Mail and Guardian.

Of those surveyed, 28% said they had raped a woman or girl, and 3% said they had raped a man or boy. Almost half who said they had carried out a rape admitted they had done so more than once, with 73% saying they had carried out their first assault before the age of 20

1 in 4 admit rape says Study - from June of this year.

In some areas of Congo, investigations by Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) have shown that one in four children dies before the age of 5, and that one tenth of the population dies annually. “These areas have the highest mortality rates in the world.” Finally, acts of sexual violence accompanying the carnage have been without precedent in their frequency, their systematic nature, their brutality, and the perversity of the way they’re planned and staged.

Congo - Hell on Earth for Women
"Ecotourists will be shot. Enviromentalists will be fed to the wildlife."

Self-reliant, each loner swims alone through the social world—a world of teams, troops & groups—which scorns & misunderstands those who stand apart. Loners know better than anyone how to entertain themselves—and how to contemplate and to create. They have a knack for imagination, concentration, inner discipline, & invention—a talent for not being bored." That's me!

Port Arcana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Arcana » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 pm

I didn't even like girls till I was about 11. O_o

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Yet another crime caused by juvenile delinquents Monrovia'ng the streets. Immigrapetion's clearly more trouble than it's worth.

The Scandinvans wrote:Great, the shit is so fucked up you cannot even make a sarcastic remark about it.

Who says? >:(
Signatures are for losers.

Parthenon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Why do we even claim to be a sovereign nation if we let in scum like this cross our borders?
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Phenia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Parthenon wrote:Why do we even claim to be a sovereign nation if we let in scum like this cross our borders?

Scum like the rape victim you mean?

Dinaverg
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinaverg » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Parthenon wrote:Why do we even claim to be a sovereign nation if we let in scum like this cross our borders?

yeah, we should have seen the lecherous look in that little boy's eyes.
DINA
DINA
DINA

Parthenon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Phenia wrote:

I am going to ignore this deliberate attempt at flamebait just because its 1:30AM.
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Dinaverg wrote:

yeah, we should have seen the lecherous look in that little boy's eyes.

Liberia me from people who take things too seriously!
Signatures are for losers.

Phenia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Parthenon wrote:
Phenia wrote:

I am going to ignore this deliberate attempt at flamebait just because its 1:30AM.

As long as you're ignoring it by replying, you might as well clarify just WTF you do mean. You're fine with the girl being raped as long as it didn't happen in this country?

Or what, national sovereignty is dependent on whether immigrants commit a crime? When did this happen exactly? We're a sovereign nation as long as only native-born citizens gang-rape children?

O5vx
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby O5vx » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Cats Keep wrote:Sadly for the vast majority of sub saharan africa - even including the supposedly advanced nation of South Africa, rape has become endemic, epidemic and almost unremarked on.

Not that it wasn't already here. Women are not as valued there and it shows in the cultures - women are not as valued, are not considered equal.

Whome are very valued in nigeria were i come from.

Krytak
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytak » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 pm

What about the parents of the kids who committed this act? You have to be a pretty horrible parent, if your 9-year-old is already a rapist.
National Factsheet | Embassy Exchange | Economy

Political Compass - To better explain...
Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.77

O5vx
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby O5vx » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Cats Keep wrote:Sadly for the vast majority of sub saharan africa - even including the supposedly advanced nation of South Africa, rape has become endemic, epidemic and almost unremarked on.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 pm

My understanding is that in the parts of the continent recently subjected to the barbarities of war, rape is common and accepted. In those locations, women have lost the rights they held previously.
This is not to pain the entire continent. There are still areas where it is not acceptable.
Land of Free Beer and the Home of the Kentucky Fried Chicken

Parthenon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Phenia wrote:
Parthenon wrote:
Phenia wrote:Scum like the rape victim you mean?

As long as you're ignoring it by replying, you might as well clarify just WTF you do mean. You're fine with the girl being raped as long as it didn't happen in this country?

Or what, national sovereignty is dependent on whether immigrants commit a crime? When did this happen exactly? We're a sovereign nation as long as only native-born citizens gang-rape children?

Take a look at the immigrants we accepted 60 or so years ago, people like Albert Einstein, Hans Bethe, Felix Bloch, etc... These immigrants had EDUCATIONS and CONTRIBUTED to our nation by means of their work and their sharing of their culture. Fast forward to today and look at the quality of immigrants we are accepting... The world's garbage.
Last edited by Parthenon on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon

The Atlantian islands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atlantian islands » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm

O5vx wrote:

Yes I'm sure that's so . . . :roll:

FGM = Female Genital Mutilation

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General