NATION

PASSWORD

Should Nazi Germany be revived?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should Nazi Germany be revived?

Yes
25%
No
68%
What is Nazi Germany?
2%
I have nothing to say and am an imbecile [generic joke option]
5%

Total votes : 561

Emmeria Kingdom
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Emmeria Kingdom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Then tell me why China (exception of Hong Kong), Vietnam (possible), and North Korea are under communism rule. I doesnt matter about communism if they are pure. Communism is communism
Im not an American. Im an Emmerian

Torphy Earned:Hero of Russia
Earn a nuke as a sniper
Torphy Earned: Radiant Japan
Earn a nuke as a soldier

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Difference between Nazi Germany and Soviet union:
The USSR killed people for a reason (even if it was a bullshit reason such as "are traitors") or apparently accidentally (famine etc). Nazi Germany killed people deliberately and for no reason (or rather, a reason that could not be helped at all by the accused, they killed them deliberately simply for being). Or that's how it's seen. Russian deaths were as a result of ebil communism being inefficient and crazy, whereas german deaths were a product of hateful nazi malice.

I guess.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Emmeria Kingdom wrote:Then tell me why China (exception of Hong Kong), Vietnam (possible), and North Korea are under communism rule. I doesnt matter about communism if they are pure. Communism is communism

none of those are communist. Nice try though.

Freisharf
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Freisharf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Emmeria Kingdom wrote:Then tell me why China (exception of Hong Kong), Vietnam (possible), and North Korea are under communism rule. I doesnt matter about communism if they are pure. Communism is communism

No, state capitalism is not communism
I'm on my LAST warning before becoming DOS. So if you see me put a toe out of line, please ensure that you report it to the moderation team with all possible haste! :)

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Person012345 wrote:Difference between Nazi Germany and Soviet union:
The USSR killed people for a reason (even if it was a bullshit reason such as "are traitors") or apparently accidentally (famine etc). Nazi Germany killed people deliberately and for no reason (or rather, a reason that could not be helped at all by the accused, they killed them deliberately simply for being). Or that's how it's seen. Russian deaths were as a result of ebil communism being inefficient and crazy, whereas german deaths were a product of hateful nazi malice.

I guess.

That, and USSR didn't start a World War, something most people tend to forget.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 pm

It's not really that simple. China and Vietnam have adopted free-market policies. North Korea is trying too, but it's kind of like watching a retarded child run into the wall because he just watched Bob Wilton do it. The point is communism isn't communism, because communism has never really existed.

Iridis
Secretary

Founded: Jan 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iridis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 pm

I guess.

Well the offical reason was thats Jews were traitors for stabbing the Empire in the back, not to mention undesirables who were hording wealth and power to themselves at the expense of normal Germans. Not unlike the Soviet purges of counter revolutionaries and 'Kulaks'... owait-
Last edited by Iridis on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Altai
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Altai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:24 pm

None of those countries are "communist". They're dictatorships in Red drag. Both China and Vietnam have mixed economies that are becoming more capitalist by the day. North Korea is a bizarre absolute monarchy with a badly peeling communist paint job.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Shofercia wrote:

I guess.

That, and USSR didn't start a World War, something most people tend to forget.

To a degree yes. Russia kept their shit to themselves. Germany started making their shit everybody else's shit. I doubt nazi germany would have fallenquite like it did (it may have become subject to internal unrest at some point, but not as quickly) had it just kept to itself. People wouldn't have invaded it just for exterminating it's own jews etc.

Emmeria Kingdom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmeria Kingdom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 pm

@Mike I understand about free-market. My friend once told me that Hong Kong is a Free-marketing city in China. But I didnt know free-marketing is roaming around Vietnam since I heard that South Vietnam fell during the war

Earn a nuke as a sniper
Earn a nuke as a soldier

Iridis
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Iridis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Great Altai wrote:

None of those countries are "communist". They're dictatorships in Red drag. Both China and Vietnam have mixed economies that are becoming more capitalist by the day. North Korea is a bizarre absolute monarchy with a badly peeling communist paint job.

You seem to realise that communism in most palces is not as advertised.
You seem like a somewhat rational person.

Why do you have this idea that it can work when you have no evidence fo the fact? When all attempts have failed?
Last edited by Iridis on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Iridis wrote:Well the offical reason was thats Jews were traitors for stabbing the Empire in the back, not to mention undesirables who were hording wealth and power to themselves at the expense of normal Germans. Not unlike the Soviet purges of counter revolutionaries and 'Kulaks'... owait-

Well, it's a fine argument until you start exterminating children and poor jews. Then you're obviously just killing jews for being jews. At least with the counter revolutionary charges etc. you are at least making accusations that are plausible when you aren't necessarily targetting an ethnic group and are killing mostly adults etc. (I believe they did that - though most of the deaths came through famine which was not targeted, but falls under the category of apparently accidental).

Great Altai
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Altai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Iridis wrote:
Great Altai wrote:

You seem like a somewhat rational person. Why do you have this idea that it can work when you have no evidence fo the fact? When all attempts have failed?

When have I ever said communism can "work"?

If you go back and read over my posts in this thread, I clearly state my opposition to all forms of Empire and tyranny. This includes the Soviet Union, which I believe I mentioned in particular:

Great Altai wrote:I think the fact that the Nazis were explicitly racist and that their mass murder was so highly systematized makes them much more unpopular. The Soviet Union's racist policies under Stalin and co. were somewhat more discreet and inefficient, so they are often given a pass.

I'm not personally in favor of reviving either of them. I'd also like to see an end to the American Empire. I'm against empires in general.
Last edited by Great Altai on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Freisharf wrote:
South Asia Minor wrote:Picspam, boyo.
]
WE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE

*** Final Warning before DOS status *** There won't be another, since you've worked so very very hard for it.

Emmeria Kingdom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmeria Kingdom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

North Korea is not a monarchy. Its a dictatorship nation. I never heard the word king when the Two Koreans met once before and definity before the incidient that may go to war against Korea. AGAIN

Earn a nuke as a sniper
Earn a nuke as a soldier

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Communism is a system with communal ownership of the means of production, no private property, and no classes. None of the countries you mention have that.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Emmeria Kingdom wrote:North Korea is not a monarchy. Its a dictatorship nation. I never heard the word king when the Two Koreans met once before and definity before the incidient that may go to war against Korea. AGAIN

what?

Freisharf
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Freisharf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:*** Final Warning before DOS status *** There won't be another, since you've worked so very very hard for it.

I'll be sure to think long and hard about every post I make from now on your majesty.
I'm on my LAST warning before becoming DOS. So if you see me put a toe out of line, please ensure that you report it to the moderation team with all possible haste! :)

Emmeria Kingdom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmeria Kingdom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Someone said that North Korea was a bizzare monarchy

Earn a nuke as a sniper
Earn a nuke as a soldier

Zukariaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Zukariaa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Emmeria Kingdom wrote:North Korea is not a monarchy. Its a dictatorship nation. I never heard the word king when the Two Koreans met once before and definity before the incidient that may go to war against Korea. AGAIN

They're moving onto the third generation of complete control of the state by a single family. That is literally what monarchy is.
05/04/09 - Jaredcohenia - Unjustly deleted
HIM Emperor Conrad II, Blessed of the Gods, Licensed Barber, etc etc
The Empire of Zukariaa
SICON Member | Mannheim Cooperative Signatory | Zukariaa Fanclub Leader

Iridis
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Iridis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Great Altai wrote:
Iridis wrote:
You seem like a somewhat rational person. Why do you have this idea that it can work when you have no evidence fo the fact? When all attempts have failed?

When have I ever said communism can "work"?

If you go back and read over my posts in this thread, I clearly state my opposition to all forms of Empire and tyranny. This includes the Soviet Union, which I believe I mentioned in particular.

Sorry i have trouble reading through hundreds of posts, I confuse some illogical arguements with others. My fault.

Ahem..

If you opposoe all forms of tyranny, why do you differntiate between them despite the obvious similarities?

Zutroy
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Zutroy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Emmeria Kingdom wrote:Someone said that North Korea was a bizzare monarchy

It was figuratively speaking. You take what a country titles itself too literally.

Freisharf wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:*** Final Warning before DOS status *** There won't be another, since you've worked so very very hard for it.

I'll be sure to think long and hard about every post I make from now on your majesty.

That's a shame because you were making me crack up laughing before.
Last edited by Zutroy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The war of the poor against the rich will be the bloodiest ever waged."
- F. Engels, 1845

Emmeria Kingdom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmeria Kingdom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm

That can also be a president. Monarchy states that a family of royal blood is allow to be a monarchy. This means that the family based off the Three Kingdoms of Korea once roam the lands of the North and South is allow to turn such country as North Korea into a monarchy

Earn a nuke as a sniper
Earn a nuke as a soldier

Great Altai
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Altai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 pm

As I said, it has a very poor communist paint job.

First of all, the categories of "dictatorship" and "monarchy" are not mutually exclusive. Secondly, what else would you all a country that is essentially ruled by one person with hereditary succession?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it doesn't matter what you call it. If you can't see that I really don't know what else to say to you.

Iridis
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Iridis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Iridis wrote:Well the offical reason was thats Jews were traitors for stabbing the Empire in the back, not to mention undesirables who were hording wealth and power to themselves at the expense of normal Germans. Not unlike the Soviet purges of counter revolutionaries and 'Kulaks'... owait-

Well, it's a fine argument until you start exterminating children and poor jews. Then you're obviously just killing jews for being jews. At least with the counter revolutionary charges etc. you are at least making accusations that are plausible when you aren't necessarily targetting an ethnic group and are killing mostly adults etc. (I believe they did that - though most of the deaths came through famine which was not targeted, but falls under the category of apparently accidental).

Well i'm sure the Soviets didn't send whole families to die in Siberian work camps. Im sure that petty town rivalries didn't cause some people to be denounced for no reason..

Really im totally sure none of that happened.
Last edited by Iridis on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General