NATION

PASSWORD

The War on Christmas...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:57 am

Muravyets wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:there is a war on christmas VACATION.

that mean old harry reid is threatening to reconvene the senate on the 26th so they can get back to work passing stuff that needs passing.

awwwww those senators have it so much harder than the unemployed who would love to be working on christmas.

And the barely employed who don't dare take even Christmas Eve off to be with their families. Why I know folks who even work on -- gasp! -- Christmas Day. And it's not even just out of spite.

yeah my sister (both sisters actually) just started a new job (thank god she found one after the motel she worked at got sold and they fired everyone) and is working on christmas eve and christmas day. we are going to have christmas dinner on the 26th since its her day off. my other sister is a nurse and works most holidays so that nurses with small children can have the day off.
whatever

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:01 am

Muravyets wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:there is a war on christmas VACATION.

that mean old harry reid is threatening to reconvene the senate on the 26th so they can get back to work passing stuff that needs passing.

awwwww those senators have it so much harder than the unemployed who would love to be working on christmas.

And the barely employed who don't dare take even Christmas Eve off to be with their families. Why I know folks who even work on -- gasp! -- Christmas Day. And it's not even just out of spite.

Indeed. That was a very nice suit Senator Kyl was wearing while pontificating about how "disrespectful" it was that he should have to work on the holiday. It's enough to make Baby Jesus cry.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:03 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Muravyets wrote:And the barely employed who don't dare take even Christmas Eve off to be with their families. Why I know folks who even work on -- gasp! -- Christmas Day. And it's not even just out of spite.

yeah my sister (both sisters actually) just started a new job (thank god she found one after the motel she worked at got sold and they fired everyone) and is working on christmas eve and christmas day. we are going to have christmas dinner on the 26th since its her day off. my other sister is a nurse and works most holidays so that nurses with small children can have the day off.

I think there should be an amendment to the Constitution to create the office of Aunt Edna of the Chamber or something like that, so that any time any Senator or Congressperson starts whining on about, "But wah! This'll eat into my vacation time, boo hoo!", this old woman will rise laboriously from a small chair, walk over to said member, and smack him/her upside their dumb-ass head with one of those hard-sided purses full of candies till they grow the fuck up and get back to work.

I think if we had such a thing, that would pretty much bring the world Peace in Our Christmas Time.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:10 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Muravyets wrote:And the barely employed who don't dare take even Christmas Eve off to be with their families. Why I know folks who even work on -- gasp! -- Christmas Day. And it's not even just out of spite.

Indeed. That was a very nice suit Senator Kyl was wearing while pontificating about how "disrespectful" it was that he should have to work on the holiday. It's enough to make Baby Jesus cry.

did you see the bill oreilly thing where baby jesus isnt in favor of excessive charity? steven colbert ripped that apart last night.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... l-democrat
whatever

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:11 am

Muravyets wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:yeah my sister (both sisters actually) just started a new job (thank god she found one after the motel she worked at got sold and they fired everyone) and is working on christmas eve and christmas day. we are going to have christmas dinner on the 26th since its her day off. my other sister is a nurse and works most holidays so that nurses with small children can have the day off.

I think there should be an amendment to the Constitution to create the office of Aunt Edna of the Chamber or something like that, so that any time any Senator or Congressperson starts whining on about, "But wah! This'll eat into my vacation time, boo hoo!", this old woman will rise laboriously from a small chair, walk over to said member, and smack him/her upside their dumb-ass head with one of those hard-sided purses full of candies till they grow the fuck up and get back to work.

I think if we had such a thing, that would pretty much bring the world Peace in Our Christmas Time.

lol

and when they put a hold on something without standing up to defend why it should be on hold. she could smack them upside the head until they defended it or gave it up.
whatever

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:21 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Indeed. That was a very nice suit Senator Kyl was wearing while pontificating about how "disrespectful" it was that he should have to work on the holiday. It's enough to make Baby Jesus cry.

did you see the bill oreilly thing where baby jesus isnt in favor of excessive charity? steven colbert ripped that apart last night.

Brilliant. Especially the last, acknowledge that Jesus commanded us to help the poor and then admit that we just don't want to do it.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:25 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:did you see the bill oreilly thing where baby jesus isnt in favor of excessive charity? steven colbert ripped that apart last night.

Brilliant. Especially the last, acknowledge that Jesus commanded us to help the poor and then admit that we just don't want to do it.

yeah cobert has a strong religious streak. it obviously pisses him off when other christians ignore what jesus said to do.
whatever

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:25 am

The government should file a formal declaration of war against Christmas, just for the lulz.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

The Rampant Moose
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rampant Moose » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:28 am

oh god.. this again. :palm:
this thread already happened.
"AA is a cult, they all sit in a circle once a week and mumble and chant, waiting for The Rupture when all the weaker alcoholics livers shall explode simultaneously. The stronger ones will be left behind with livers intact to stand witness as The Great Beer Vein In The Sky rips open showering them all with fermented wheat. It is then that an epic battle of over-consumption will begin. Remember folks, alcoholics were sent by God to fight the evils of alcohol for us. But also remember that until this happens they are just a bunch of preachy quitters being smelly on your couch when they realise their true calling aka relapse." -me

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:29 am

The Rampant Moose wrote:oh god.. this again. :palm:
this thread already happened.

So? Why do you hate freedom and Baby Jesus and free speech and my sacred tax dollars?

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:30 am

Muravyets wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:yeah my sister (both sisters actually) just started a new job (thank god she found one after the motel she worked at got sold and they fired everyone) and is working on christmas eve and christmas day. we are going to have christmas dinner on the 26th since its her day off. my other sister is a nurse and works most holidays so that nurses with small children can have the day off.

I volunteer. But it wouldn't be a hard purse full of candies, it might be a 15 pound dumbell.. Apt though - use one dumbell to smack another.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Steenia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 05, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Steenia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:32 am

Fartsniffage wrote:Next week I'm installing the auto-cannon programmed to target carol singers, nothing to do with the war on Christmas, they're just fucking annoying.

Please PLEASE send me the schematics for this when completed. I'll pay.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:35 am

Steenia wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Next week I'm installing the auto-cannon programmed to target carol singers, nothing to do with the war on Christmas, they're just fucking annoying.

Please PLEASE send me the schematics for this when completed. I'll pay.

I prefer a more traditional method.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:52 am

Farnhamia wrote:

Perhaps this senator can explain to me what holiday takes place on the 26th of December...
Such heroic nonsense!

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:54 am

Muravyets wrote:

She can be chairman of the Department of Grow the Fuck Up... And Under-Secretary of Call Someone Who Cares.
Such heroic nonsense!

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 am

Tekania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Indeed. That was a very nice suit Senator Kyl was wearing while pontificating about how "disrespectful" it was that he should have to work on the holiday. It's enough to make Baby Jesus cry.

Perhaps this senator can explain to me what holiday takes place on the 26th of December...

boxing day!

and its sunday this year!

and....DAMMIT he wants to go back to the good old days when the republicans controlled the senate and they only worked 3 days a week!
whatever

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:56 am

Tekania wrote:

Well, see, it's very far from Arizona to Washington, and he'd have to fly back on Christmas Day, which for a devout Christian like him is practically a sin, since I'm sure he plans to spend the entire day of the 25th is deep prayer, thanking his savior for all the blessings that have come his way during the year, so then he'd have to leave the bosom of his family to return to Babylon on the Potomac and ... it would be a hardship.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:57 am

Tekania wrote:
Muravyets wrote:I think there should be an amendment to the Constitution to create the office of Aunt Edna of the Chamber or something like that, so that any time any Senator or Congressperson starts whining on about, "But wah! This'll eat into my vacation time, boo hoo!", this old woman will rise laboriously from a small chair, walk over to said member, and smack him/her upside their dumb-ass head with one of those hard-sided purses full of candies till they grow the fuck up and get back to work.

She can be chairman of the Department of Grow the Fuck Up... And Under-Secretary of Call Someone Who Cares.

Or maybe the Sergeant At Slap-You-Upside-The-Head.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Tekania wrote:

boxing day!

and its sunday this year!

and....DAMMIT he wants to go back to the good old days when the republicans controlled the senate and they only worked 3 days a week!

I object to your implication that they only worked 3 days a week; simply showing up does not constitute "work" by my accepted definition.
Such heroic nonsense!

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 am

I think the stupidest political correctness is the "holiday tree" instead of Christmas tree.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:11 am

Wiztopia wrote:I think the stupidest political correctness is the "holiday tree" instead of Christmas tree.

aye

but christmas trees are so nonreligious that its kinda silly to associate them with christ at all.
whatever

Aethyopea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethyopea » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:12 am

Wiztopia wrote:I think the stupidest political correctness is the "holiday tree" instead of Christmas tree.

Oh come on! It's christmas! Can't those who call them "holiday trees" and those who call them "christmas trees" just settle their differences and instead beat up those pricks with the pink aluminum christmas trees?
POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
Ambrose Bierce: The Devil's Dictionary

•"The Catholic and the Communist are alike in assuming that an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent."
George Orwell

"There is always an easy solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong."
-H.L. Mencken; The Sage of Baltimore

Trotskylvania wrote:Political analogies are like bullshit. It doesn't matter how pretty or elegant you try to make them, it's still a lump of bullshit at the end of the day.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:13 am

Oh, I imagine there are stupider examples. "Holiday tree" isn't too terribly bad, if one isn't Christian but wants to join in the fun. And being politically correct is not, in and of itself, a bad thing. The extremes to which people take it are.

Rambhutan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 28, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rambhutan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 am

'Christmas tree' - surely you mean Yule log? It's political correctness gone mad I tell you....
Are we there yet?

Overherelandistan wrote: I chalange you to find a better one that isnt even worse

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Brilliant. Especially the last, acknowledge that Jesus commanded us to help the poor and then admit that we just don't want to do it.

yeah cobert has a strong religious streak. it obviously pisses him off when other christians ignore what jesus said to do.

But isn't ignoring what Jesus actually said what Christianity is all about? :meh:
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General