NATION

PASSWORD

Mistakes in the US Constitution

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Mistakes in the US Constitution

Postby SaintB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Cameroi wrote:a constitution isn't a bad idea, but unless it's fallowed and applied, it's just a piece of paper.
and that's the problem: too many people seem to thing its being there by itself guarantees anything.
the whole point of having one too, is to limit the power of government and protect real people, places and things from that. a function that seems to have been lost sight of.

(except that there is also a vocal minority who seem to think little green pieces of paper are more important then people or governments. i'm sure if symbolic value were sentient it would be made very happy by so called libertarians and other pseudo-conservatives.)

I hate to say this but even what we consider liberal politicians in the US are psuedo-conservatives.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Mistakes in the US Constitution

Postby SaintB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Meldaria wrote:The right to bare arms. That act was only made, because they're were indians running around and wild bears and such all over the place, that's why you could have a gun, but now it is unnecessary and has only led to crime, people think we still need it, but we don't.

There will be crime without guns and many criminals will still possess them, nothing gets solved.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Previous

Return to General